Did not get Dolyak finisher.

in WvW

Posted by: BlackAngel.1349

BlackAngel.1349

I got second place, but did not get a second place finisher for some reason. Anyone got any ideas why this is?

Glaedr Darksbane

in WvW

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

did you finish the meta?

in WvW

BlackAngel.1349

Yes, i got the chest, but the finisher didn’t get unlocked or anything.

Glaedr Darksbane

in WvW

Posted by: Crusader.3165

Crusader.3165

Same here. Finished meta, got chest, server took 3rd. Not finding finisher.

in WvW

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

Only 1st place got finishers. (Gold for gold league, Silver for silver league, and you need to guess what bronze league got.)

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

in WvW

Posted by: Mireles Lore.5942

Mireles Lore.5942

Came here to check on this issue, got chest unlocked, finisher still locked in the finisher menu. Finished meta, none of my guildies got it either.

Director – Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA] | Yak’s Bend
http://xunlaiheroes.wix.com/xhsa

in WvW

Posted by: sjr.8241

sjr.8241

Same here, the second place finisher is locked, everyone in my guild and server was saying the same thing.

in WvW

BlackAngel.1349

Only 1st place got finishers. (Gold for gold league, Silver for silver league, and you need to guess what bronze league got.)

It was supposed to be 1st, 2nd, and 3rd from each league get the finisher accordingly.

Glaedr Darksbane

in WvW

Crusader.3165

In the finisher menu it says “Season 1 third place finisher” but it’s locked.

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

First place in each league are the only ones that get a finisher. Gold league 1st gets gold…silver league 1st gets silver and Bronze league 1st gets bronze.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in WvW

Crusader.3165

They are poorly labeled in the menu then.

in WvW

Posted by: Terok.7315

Terok.7315

Finishers come through the mail.

Vile Necromancer||Defender of the Beastgate||Slayer of Moa’s

in WvW

BlackAngel.1349

That was changed then, because originally it was the top 3 worlds from each league get gold, silver and bronze respectively.

Glaedr Darksbane

in WvW

Posted by: Metion.9541

Metion.9541

First place finisher = Gold league rank 1
Second place finisher = Silver league rank 1
Third place finisher = Bronze league rank 1

in WvW

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

First place in each league are the only ones that get a finisher. Gold league 1st gets gold…silver league 1st gets silver and Bronze league 1st gets bronze.

This is how they were rewarded. 2nd and 3rd in gold silver and bronze leagues do not get finishers.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in WvW

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

That was changed then, because originally it was the top 3 worlds from each league get gold, silver and bronze respectively.

Nope. It never was to be that way.

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

Actually it wasn’t. It was described incorrectly by Devon in the Mid-Season report, which he later went back and corrected.

A couple notes regarding the finisher:

1) Only the 1st place server in the Gold, Silver and Bronze leagues get the finisher
2) It is not in the chest. It is sent to you in the in-game mail.
3) If you logged into the game on a server after Season 1 started that did not finish in 1st place, then later transferred to a server that did finish in 1st place, your reward will be based on the original server and you will not get a finisher.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: NICKEZ.3671

NICKEZ.3671

Apparently anet did something wrong considering the number of people who were misled about the finisher issue.

[CERN] & [ZzZz] Xig
Asura Guard, Human Ele
TC

in WvW

Posted by: bubblyball.7591

bubblyball.7591

well i havent even gotten my chest…. so youre luckier than me

in WvW

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

Actually it wasn’t. It was described incorrectly by Devon in the Mid-Season report, which he later went back and corrected.

Your statement is contradictory. Whether it was a mistake or not the wording was still changed. That is why you’re now seeing confused people everywhere. They pulled the same lame kitten by making the finishers limited to 250 uses. This company can’t seem to keep anything straight anymore.

in WvW

WhiteAndMilky.2514

Apparently anet did something wrong considering the number of people who were misled about the finisher issue.

I think you meant so say, “considering the number of people who misread about the finisher issue”

in WvW

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

What I don’t understand is why there is a problem giving the players on #1 server a permanent finisher or at least one limited until S3 starts (yes, they should be able to use it the whole 7 weeks in S2).
It’s not a game changing item…

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

in WvW

WhiteAndMilky.2514

Your statement is contradictory. Whether it was a mistake or not the wording was still changed. That is why you’re now seeing confused people everywhere. They pulled the same lame kitten by making the finishers limited to 250 uses. This company can’t seem to keep anything straight anymore.

They did the same thing with magic find change. “All magic find items will become account bound” oops soulbound trololol.

in WvW

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

They did the same thing with magic find change. “All magic find items will become account bound” oops soulbound trololol.

And let’s not forget about the ascended fiasco. For one reason or another they seem obsessed with running their credibility into the ground. Mission accomplished.

in WvW

Posted by: Sleepless.1906

Sleepless.1906

And let’s not forget about the ascended fiasco. For one reason or another they seem obsessed with running their credibility into the ground. Mission accomplished.

Amen

in WvW

Posted by: Alfador.7649

Alfador.7649

I wouldn’t say Anet ruined their credibility at all with this. They had none left to ruin. Of course had they any credibility left it would certainly be gone now.

in WvW

Alfador.7649

I think you meant so say, “considering the number of people who misread about the finisher issue”

No, an objective and literal reading of anets original statement is that the top 3 in each league would get finishers. It was explicitly stat ed as such, then later explicitly (albeit quietly) retracted. No one “misread” anything. Anet simply shared wrong information and then retracted it in just about the least visible means possible.

in WvW

Posted by: Llyr.2041

Llyr.2041

… the amount of disappointment is kind of ridiculous. Not just that, but it makes absolutely NO sense the way they handed out the finishers. Seriously. How do we know that the first place in silver league would be second place against the first place gold league? If they had taken the top three worlds at pitted them against each other in a final week – THAT would be okay to hand out the finishers then, but … really.

You can’t even honestly name them the way they are! It just doesn’t work! Rename them, or something. Gold League Finisher, Silver League Finisher, Bronze League Finisher. Definitely would be more appropriate.

There was absolutely NO reward for the servers that placed second and third, which … ugh. Kind of insulting, just saying.

(edited by Llyr.2041)

in WvW

WhiteAndMilky.2514

No, an objective and literal reading of anets original statement is that the top 3 in each league would get finishers. It was explicitly stat ed as such, then later explicitly (albeit quietly) retracted. No one “misread” anything. Anet simply shared wrong information and then retracted it in just about the least visible means possible.

Yup, that can be read 2 different ways. Therefore, misread. It was read in a way not intended by the poster.

in WvW

Alfador.7649

Yup, that can be read 2 different ways. Therefore, misread. It was read in a way not intended by the poster.

You seem to have a problem with your understanding of the word misread. “Misread” is defined as to read INCORRECTLY, not to read "other than as intended. That implies fault on the part of the reader. The statement was read CORRECTLY. It was written incorrectly. Saying it was misread either mistakenly or dishonestly puts the blame on the reader. The blame lies solely and completely with the person who wrote it in this case.