Differences: Guardian & Warrior - Roaming?

in WvW

Posted by: The Baws.5164

The Baws.5164

Are there any real differences between Guardian and Warrior for Roaming?

I know that Warrior has more DPS typically, and Guardian is more supporty, but I know that builds can change all of that so I was wondering what the main differences are…

I’ll be roaming with a Thief friend so will any of the Guardian’s attributes make it better than Warrior? I know Warrior can lock down and CC well…

Thanks.

Immersed in Blood [TEA]
Drunken Alliance [DKAL]
Piken Square [EU]

(edited by The Baws.5164)

in WvW

Posted by: Ghoulina.2976

Ghoulina.2976

Well, healing signet for warriors isn’t working as intended (tics every second vs every 3) so atm they have a slight advantage.

Other than that, I’d say they were on par.

Mîs: Careful what you say. The moderators are watching, and ignorance is strength.
JQ-80: Mes/Eng/Ele/Thief/Guard/Rang/Nec/War

in WvW

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

Warrior is by far the king of roaming atm….. with huge damage and survivability ( if built correctly)

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

in WvW

The Baws.5164

Is there any news about big changes to Warrior which could change that in the upcoming patch?

I don’t want to dedicate loads of time to something then find out it’s nerfed and no longer good for what I want it for

Immersed in Blood [TEA]
Drunken Alliance [DKAL]
Piken Square [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Warrior has likely the best mobility in the game, along with better damage.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Mepheles.2087

Mepheles.2087

I know that Warrior has more DPS typically, and Guardian is more supporty, but I know that builds can change all of that so I was wondering what the main differences are…

I’ll be roaming with a Thief friend so will any of the Guardian’s attributes make it better than Warrior? I know Warrior can lock down and CC well…

Thanks.

http://youtu.be/LwlGXBv1tc8

Guardian Roaming, plus 1vx fights. video is only a month old, so it’s not outdated.

Gates of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Ajax.4970

Ajax.4970

Well, healing signet for warriors isn’t working as intended (tics every second vs every 3) so atm they have a slight advantage.

That’s incorrect, probably misinformation due to Anet getting the original patch notes for the buff to healing signet wrong. I can’t find the post at the moment but I’m pretty sure it was confirmed by an Anet dev and I think the confusion was around the fact that the Adrenal Health trait regens health every 3 secs, Healing Signet was always every 1 sec.

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

^ ding.

Heal sig was always per second

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

Warrior for roaming. Mobility is king.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

That’s incorrect, probably misinformation due to Anet getting the original patch notes for the buff to healing signet wrong. I can’t find the post at the moment but I’m pretty sure it was confirmed by an Anet dev and I think the confusion was around the fact that the Adrenal Health trait regens health every 3 secs, Healing Signet was always every 1 sec.

Yeah that would be correct. Although regardless, its pretty OP tbh. Every 1.5 seconds is about were it should be at IMO.

in WvW

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

Go thief. warriors are a distant second

OP’d thief, lol

(edited by Sanduskel.1850)

in WvW

Posted by: orfeoulis.4325

orfeoulis.4325

I strongly recommend warrior, or rather avoid guardian. Every decent player/roamer will simple run away from you + you have no means of escape if you are suddenly outnumbered. Guardian can be very strong in 1vs1 or 1vs2 but this strength so easily exploited due to his poor mobility and this can lead to some extremely aggravating moments.
Warrior can excellently manage both of the above issues. Also, you can choose your fights while being extremely dangerous in 1vs1.

(edited by orfeoulis.4325)

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Thanks.

Guardian Roaming, plus 1vx fights. video is only a month old, so it’s not outdated.

This is very atypical. The guardian is very good and these enemies are extremely incompetent.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Reikou.7068

Reikou.7068

This is not “roaming.” This is just some random player rushing into 1vX fights and killing one or two and then dying. Notice how he never finishes any of his fights and just cuts out to the next one. Any class can do this to various degrees.

Most important thing about roaming is the ability to disengage losing fights and actually escape to fight another day. Between the Warrior and Guardian, I would have to say the warrior takes the cake for that.

That said, the video is really entertaining. Thank you very much for posting it.

Reikou/Reira/Iroha/Sengiku/Rinoka/Kuruse/Sakuho/Kinae/Yuzusa/Kikurin/Otoha/Hasue/Mioko
https://www.youtube.com/AilesDeLumiere
http://www.twitch.tv/ailesdelumiere

in WvW

Posted by: makku.2508

makku.2508

I don’t want to dedicate loads of time to something then find out it’s nerfed and no longer good for what I want it for

You should not play GW2 then. The Guild Wars brand is traditionally known for their devs very, errm, … controversial idea of balancing a game.

That being said, the Warrior class has historically always been a strong PvP class in GW1 and pretty much mandatory for most competitive 8vs8 team compositions (which isn’t true for all classes), so that probably would be your best bet for a rather ‘nerf-proof’ class (it will get nerfed sooner or later, but chances of getting entire builds/playstyles destroyed are less likely than with other classes).

There is only one god, and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to Death: ‘Not today’.

in WvW

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

And warrior has historically (and even recently) been a free bag for my ranger. Roll guardian. These warrior players are wrong.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in WvW

Posted by: Reikou.7068

Reikou.7068

And warrior has historically (and even recently) been a free bag for my ranger. Roll guardian. These warrior players are wrong.

rock paper scissors.

Reikou/Reira/Iroha/Sengiku/Rinoka/Kuruse/Sakuho/Kinae/Yuzusa/Kikurin/Otoha/Hasue/Mioko
https://www.youtube.com/AilesDeLumiere
http://www.twitch.tv/ailesdelumiere

in WvW

Posted by: pheroth.5306

pheroth.5306

Warrior, its not even a contest.

Guardians have no mobility.

in WvW

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

Warrior in a 1v1 are significantly weaker to kiting from chill/cripple since all of their gap closers are affected by it (unlike guardian teleports), and they lack real condi removal outside of Cleansing Ire.

Other than that, warriors are probably much better at everything else besides support than a guardian is. Warrior also have the benefit of having a viable ranged weapon for WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Gamadorn.2670

Gamadorn.2670

I rarely ever lose to a warrior when roaming. Just run a balance guardian with greatsword, sword/focus. The leap and the teleport on the sword gives you greater mobility, you get condition cleanses when they kite, depending on traits you can also keep swiftness up quite a bit in a fight. Time your blinds, removals and elites. Now if your fighting a necro…hope he is bad or you catch him off guard lol

Dragonbrand
Underwater Operations – [WET]

in WvW

Posted by: Immolator.5640

Immolator.5640

As one of few Guardian roamers, I can say that in the vast majority of circumstances a Warrior will run away as quickly as his GS can carry him, or die when facing me. The 5% are even with me due to tankiness vs dmg output.

Commander Ezekiel The Paladin
Underworld Battalion [WvW] Leader (retired) – Gandara [EU]
All Is Vain https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/

in WvW

The Baws.5164

Alright thanks for all of the input guys.

I’ve been playing on my Warrior a lot in WvW and he’s pretty fun, but I find him a bit easy and he gets boring quickly. I think I’m going to finish up levelling my Guardian and use him for Zerging and PvE.

I think for Roaming I will either start an Engineer or a Necromancer, as they both seem pretty fun and I’ve seen that they’re both good in Roaming. (Ascii stream if you’re wondering about the Necro roam).

Immersed in Blood [TEA]
Drunken Alliance [DKAL]
Piken Square [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: peterJDM.2671

peterJDM.2671

Stick to your Warrior.