Differences between EU vs NA WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Oh I don’t think anyone is saying one is better than the other .. just different. At least that’s my take on it.

NA has a wealth of bodies. Subsequently most pushes involve those masses. EU has fewer outside of prime time, so it follows that different modes of play evolve out of that.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: browolf.3825

browolf.3825

EU has an inherent problem with coverage as europe covers a narrow band of timezones. Language servers have an advantage because there’s incentive for those language speakers to join from other parts of the world. It can’t be a coincidence that there’s more specific language servers in the top half of the eu rankings. Except dzagonur and arborstone which suggests there’s one too many french and german servers.

Piken Square forever

in WvW

Posted by: Volcanus.2756

Volcanus.2756

So with the few European guilds coming over to NA, what guilds went from NA to Europe? I see Jayne from TC hopped over, I’ve always considered it, but always hesitant of finding an American guild over there as well as the language barrier. Can anyone enlighten me on these hesitations?

Burstz-Warrior
Damage Inc. [DI]
Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

EU has national servers, meaning that they all speak a specific language, be it spanish, french or german. There are also international servers, which are typically english, but don’t quote me on that.

You can tell the difference between the servers by the little flags on the MOS:

http://mos.millenium.org/eu

The pure blue ones are the international servers. The others are corresponding language according to national flag colours. So in Tier 1 for example, 1 and 2 are french servers, the third one is international. But even those aren’t set in stone. I know Viz has english speaking people. Maybe someone more familiar can elucidate further?

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Cradorell.3941

Cradorell.3941

This certainly made for an interesting read. I havent played on an NA server, but ive watched some videos of the blobbing and stuff…. its just a bit..meh! And watched some GvGs, i have to say they are not as organised as the groups on EU, just personal opinion on what ive seen from videos thats all.

Óne Pulse – OP – Raid Leader