Diminishing returns

Diminishing returns

in WvW

Posted by: Timelord.8190

Timelord.8190

Is there any diminishing returns function in wvw?

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

Diminishing returns

in WvW

Posted by: party buddy.4956

party buddy.4956

yes, if you expect a drop, you won’t get it – if you don’t expect a drop, you also will not get it. but have fun farming in SW

this forums’ functionality is horrible…

Diminishing returns

in WvW

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

As far as I know, no, but to be honest, anything anyone tells you, someone else is going to contradict with anecdotal information, so literally anything any player tells you, there is nothing to truly back it up. What we do know, is that some areas do have diminishing returns, it does kick in for some people in certain situations, and beyond that, your guess is as good as anyone else’s. In practice, it’s more RNG than DR that is at play for most people, anyways.

yes, if you expect a drop, you won’t get it – if you don’t expect a drop, you also will not get it. but have fun farming in SW

That didn’t really answer anything, just essentially a rant about drop rates…

Diminishing returns

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Yes there is. The WXP you get by killing a player that just came into WvW is 60 WXP. As he is continually killed, his loot and WXP return will decrease.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

Diminishing returns

in WvW

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

Yes there is. The WXP you get by killing a player that just came into WvW is 60 WXP. As he is continually killed, his loot and WXP return will decrease.

WXP awarded on a player kill is based on the time they are alive, with those that live longer granting more wxp when killed, up to 60…

And that isn’t what is generally meant by DR

Diminishing returns

in WvW

Posted by: Kasteros.9847

Kasteros.9847

[One][SiOn][dF]
16.03.15 We remember! R.I.P. MT
Shocking interview with Anet WvW Dev

Diminishing returns

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

WXP awarded on a player kill is based on the time they are alive, with those that live longer granting more wxp when killed, up to 60…

And that isn’t what is generally meant by DR

The loot they drop is also affected in the same way as WXP.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

Diminishing returns

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

There are diminishing returns in WvW, but they are very hard to experience in normal gameplay.

My evidience: In obsidian sanctum farm (back before loot got removed from it) you got very little loot after around 20 minutes of farming (around 2k kills back then). After that you had to take a farming break for 30min or so to get normal amount of loot again.

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

Diminishing returns

in WvW

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

They just need to remove the Junk items from player kills. I think that would be a good change for WvW.