Disable "Objective Captured" on screen

in WvW

Posted by: ura.4536

ura.4536

Please add an option to disable the “Objective Captured” showing on screen when player capture the objective.It is very annoying during the fights and can’t even see enemy clearly.

blackgate Nine Dragon[ND]
[ND]Uranus Deathcaller
Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Cut out a sheet of cardboard about 30cm wide and 10cm high, then duct-tape it to the monitor.

No need to thank me, you’re weclcome.

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Bunch of people have requested this before, including me. Kinda annoying when you’re roaming or dueling, even when group fighting to have a big announcement on the screen.

Players were met with “it’s not on the quality of life list”….whatever that is lol

Can’t be that hard to change to an option right?

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

Chat options – game messages – one of those check boxes, I forget which one. It’s been there all along

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

Chat options – game messages – one of those check boxes, I forget which one. It’s been there all along

Ya know I tried that, but I still get the screen announcement? Am I missing something?

in WvW

HazyDaisy.4107

They reset it at some point during one of the patches a while back. Maybe you got caught in that reset? When it started happening again, I just went in and unchecked everything again 1 by 1 until I found the right one that disabled it. The capture messages still appear in chat, but not in the middle of the screen, the claim messages still show in the middle but not nearly as obstructive as the capture messages were.

Sorrows Furnace

(edited by HazyDaisy.4107)

in WvW

HazyDaisy.4107

Disregard, I guess I’ve been tuning the messages out, but they are in fact still there.

Sorrows Furnace

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Don’t know what kind of magic trick you use but me and my guildies tried EVERYTHING and these messages still popping into our face.

So ya an option to turn them off, or relocate em somewhere else ( like above minimap ) would be greatly appreciated.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: kappre.3897

kappre.3897

How do we get Anet to prioritize this? This particular message gets in the way of fighting constantly moving targets. And it’s not anything important to most players. To help out, even a little for now, just set UI icons under options to smallest. I think it takes up less space when displaying.

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

Could we please get the message to go away anet? Pretty please with sauerkraut on top?

Just really distracting.

in WvW

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

+1. I know it is unlikely but I recall at least 3 separate occasions where the messages were positioned in a way to just obscure an incoming enemy. :/

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer