Disable tactics in EB spawn towers

in WvW

Posted by: xargon.6083

xargon.6083

Dear Anet,

If you aren’t going to balance matchups correctly, please prevent tactics from being placed in EB spawn towers; pretty stupid when there are watchtowers in the spawn towers making it impossible to leave spawn without being spotted.

in WvW

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

Every spawn has 3 exits, youre only getting marked when going the middle way.

in WvW

Posted by: Grimjack.8130

Grimjack.8130

Very not true. I know for a fact you will always get marked going to Danelon from Blue Spawn if Langor has a watchtower. I would assume there are more, I know Bravost “woods” area will mark you unless you cut up the first switchback near the drakes.

in WvW

Aury.1367

Very not true. I know for a fact you will always get marked going to Danelon from Blue Spawn if Langor has a watchtower. I would assume there are more, I know Bravost “woods” area will mark you unless you cut up the first switchback near the drakes.

No youre not, just pass by Quentin Lake. Also this is about leaving spawn, not heading camps. EB is a different matter. OPs problem are prolly watchtowers on a servers home borderland. As invader you have 3 entrances on ABL.

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I haven’t seen this yet but blue spawn is kind of boxed in with Lang sentry. Thankfully it does have the east exit.

With watch towers you can effectively box in a small number of people with a small number of people if you have fast thieves and mesmers. But this is so unlikely to happen and is unnecessary.

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

No youre not, just pass by Quentin Lake. Also this is about leaving spawn, not heading camps. EB is a different matter. OPs problem are prolly watchtowers on a servers home borderland. As invader you have 3 entrances on ABL.

First of all, the op was talking about EBG spawn towers.

Second of all I’m sure grimjack is talking about going to danelon from blue spawn through langor, in which case you would be marked going around that tower as you’re right below it you don’t have a choice there. Not to mention that guard if it’s the enemies would detect you as well. That side isn’t the best way to go to avoid detection anyways.

The problem is the watchtower area of detection is obviously too wide. Hell NET in alpines use to detect enemies down on the road to NEC. This is a problem that they probably can’t fix since towers have different sizes and heights, unless they figure out the largest one that needs covering and adjust the area for that. The area of detection really just needs to be just beyond the walls, not a kitten mile away from it.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Second of all I’m sure grimjack is talking about going to danelon from blue spawn through langor, in which case you would be marked going around that tower as you’re right below it you don’t have a choice there. Not to mention that guard if it’s the enemies would detect you as well. That side isn’t the best way to go to avoid detection anyways.

The problem is the watchtower area of detection is obviously too wide. Hell NET in alpines use to detect enemies down on the road to NEC. This is a problem that they probably can’t fix since towers have different sizes and heights, unless they figure out the largest one that needs covering and adjust the area for that. The area of detection really just needs to be just beyond the walls, not a kitten mile away from it.

I don’t mind the Alpine ones even before the NET watchtower was culled. So long as there is a legit way to get into camps unmarked I think they are ok atm.

On reflection,
The one spawn in ebg that is ever in danger of truely being 100% boxed in by spawn campers is green. Red and blue can be but it’s unlikely because of east exit on blue and west exit on red.

in WvW

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

I understand the OPs problem with being spotted. But I don’t understand the issue with being spotted as long as you don’t hang around a tower or go to an obvious objective while you are marked. To me this is a feature of the game, and the solution is learning to play with that feature enabled.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in WvW

Aury.1367

So? thats counting for every spawntower on EB except Bravost and Mendons. Those towers are easy to capture since you can build spawntrebs.

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

If we own the keep at the time, then why not just take the tower wall down and cap the tower? I’m really not sure how this is an “issue” since… isn’t this thing called WvW all about the danger and risk of running in those areas? Do we really want to make it so safe to get around that it becomes boring and then people start complaining about the “easy” mode of operation in there?

Of course not everyone will be happy, I get that. But WvW, to me, is meant to be NOT easy. It’s a challenge, it’s nasty, people love to gank you, zergs love to roll over that one person and a few love to laugh. It’s the nature of WvW, and it’s the nature of some people. I don’t like those things I mentioned above… but… I’ve learned to make adjustments to my builds, and learned the ‘lay of the land’ so that I can go in and out of sight and usually avoid quickly as possible. It doesn’t always work of course and I’m glad about that or I would be bored.

For me, I prefer to keep these challenges in there. The blob-fest karma trains are a different story… boooooring. But the other challenges like this and roaming really has to stay, in my opinion

… just call me … Tim :)

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

Lol, wait a second. You’re complaining to Anet that the enemy has taken your EB spawn towers and has held them long enough to get watchtower in them? kitten . Get real. If EB is that bad on your server, just go to a different map. This sounds more like a population problem then Anets fault about watchtower being put in your own spawn towers marking you. Common man!

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

If you can’t fight your way out of spawn, what entitles you to an easy camp ninja?
Seems like trying to make a pizza while the pepperoni is still in cow form.