Disappointed - New matchups

in WvW

Posted by: suprNovae.5410

suprNovae.5410

/signed

disappointed as always. Don’t know why I always get excited.
Tell us at least the true reasons. I bet you are currently working on another jp or dungeon.

Clint B E Eastwood – Guardian
Callous Philosophy [LaG]
† Good Old Days [GD]

in WvW

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

+1 /signed

How many broken promises does it take?

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

in WvW

Posted by: Toumai.4812

Toumai.4812

Only fews hours to wait before to see if Arena failed an other time …

in WvW

Posted by: DevonCarver.5370

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

Next

Even with the best intentions, everything does not always go as planned. We had hoped to get the changes in for today’s reset, but it simply was not feasible to do so with the confidence that nothing was amiss. I completely agree with the criticism about having announced the plan and then having to change it, that’s my fault and something I shouldn’t have done. This system is still inbound and I’m fighting as hard as I can to make sure it gets in as soon as humanly possible. There are, however, a lot of moving parts to any change like this and we have to make as sure as possible that none of those parts are going to fail. I share your disappointment as I am very excited to get this change out to all of you and wish we could have done it today.

in WvW

Posted by: KayOz.3750

KayOz.3750

Great. This change was the only thing that kept me playing this week. Was so excited about the change. And now…

Just mix the kitten matchup? What’s so hard there?

Too much promises made. Gotta find a new game.

Millershund!

in WvW

Posted by: Axle.5182

Axle.5182

I do not understand why Troma you even bother m8 one person should not need alone to prop up a server if so it shows major failings within your community and no sooner you take your eye off the ball for a mere moment it will all fall apart again.

The true lesson to take away from the Viz situation like many other servers is with great success at any cost comes a hefty price. Vizunah would have benefited like many other servers much better had it had access to fighting more varied servers other than only stacked super servers from the start.

Rather than let the server fall and reorganize naturally and adapt new tactics and a fresh approach to WvW individuals merely throw a lifeline to keep the status quo that many dislike about Viz on life support for a while longer to the next time.

Let go guys no one can predict letting viz fall out of tier 1 will spell the end of the server, you might even find if you shed excess baggage it may work out better in the long run.

Axle
[AFTL] Afterlife Sanctum of Rall
http://www.afterlife-gaming.eu

(edited by Axle.5182)

in WvW

Posted by: Method.8592

Method.8592

everything does not always go as planned.

things never go as planned with Anet. fixed

Jéru / Zhalem [META] Vizunah

(edited by Method.8592)

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Great. This change was the only thing that kept me playing this week. Was so excited about the change. And now…

Just mix the kitten matchup? What’s so hard there?

(…) Gotta find a new game.

Same here… guess tonigh will be boose night then.

GL on Anet finding the best and faster way to bring this new match up system to the next weak.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Even though Visunah Square has been our “dear” enemy for many months in tier #1, I very much respect the hard work Troma has done. His message speaks wise words. We definitely need much better communication with the WvWvW plaeyr base. I have several times suggested State of the Game (SotG) for WvWvW here in these forums. WvWvW has much larger player base than pvp, still you manage to find time for those tpvp interviews.

Big changes (e.g. the Arrowcart changes, free transfers) should be discussed with the players before putting them in action.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

(edited by Deniara Devious.3948)

in WvW

Posted by: Thyophelis.8035

Thyophelis.8035

I don t know why vizunah should care about this implementation. do you want to play against deso or SFR again?
Or do you want to come to T2 play against SFR, Deso or Kodash who s allready outmanned by the 2 servers Vizu got nearly deserted?
Jesus just keep Vizu out of T2 pls, we ve got like 20 people on all maps during the night

Aurona- fugly white bark sylvarie ele
MS-Mondsucht, pure small scale forever !
Kodash-we thrife on outmanned

in WvW

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

I played WvW non stop from january all the way up to the arrow card change. Up to 36hours+ sessions. Just so we had a good coverage. I had great times in WvW, till Anet started to mess with the game mode and added things they thought ‘fun’. While they haven’t even put CLOSE to as much hours as I did in WvW. Do they listen to their comunity? No, not at all. I completely agree with Troma and I haven’t touched this game for weeks now. I might come back when we see some change, good change which we asked for. Not AC buff (still mad about that one), not stupid traps, not make treb shots unblockable. You made WvW in the most boring game I have ever played. 5 hours to take a defended hills? Ain’t nobody got time for that!

I spent 100 euros on total in your game. I regret the last 25 and I wont spend 1 euro more on this game. I rather donate to another game to keep their servers running.

Mad ex-costumer, MiLkZz

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

I don t know why vizunah should care about this implementation.

They wanted to be No 1 at the “end of this matchup-system”.

And with all the effort they put into winning this week, it’s no longer the
“end of this matchup-system”. So they have to repeat it again next week and maybe second next week and …. And the last 2 weeks showed them that it is not that trivial to win T1 at moment. Especially should they have put so much effort into this week, that this can hardly be repeated next week.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

Posted by: Troma.3250

Troma.3250

exactly Dayra it was symbolic for us. When i saw the delay, i thinked about all disappointment i had in the past, and then i was like “ok, time to make an open letter to Arenanet”

@Devon, it’s not against you: i see you want to communicate more than Anet did in the past, but you should -really- listen what people said in this post. It’s the voice of many other people.

@Thyophelis: you didn’t understand at all the point, read my previous post when i talk about the main message. Our situation is an example. I made the post for all players

co-founder of Grand Cross Alliance
General of Grand Cross Knights [GCK]
www.grandcross.fr/codex-gck

in WvW

Aeonblade.8709

Supremely disappointing. Look to Trion for how to manage the community. They deliver on schedule and ask the players what they think about big changes AND let them test them on a PTR. Is that so hard? To let us, the people paying you, give you feedback?

We want to help, but you won’t even let us! And then we get swept under the rug! It’s very frustrating to watch something this beautiful be so mismanaged. We need a test server for this kind of stuff, and the AC changes, and to test reimplementation of Orbs of Power.

We want WvW to succeed, but what hope is there if all balance is thrown out the window every other patch without warning?

EDIT: Thank you Devon for the response, I’m not angry at anyone, just disappointed in general in the direction WvW has headed.

in WvW

Posted by: JakobGW.5730

JakobGW.5730

You don’t seem to realize the unpolished jewel you have in your hands.

Best post regarding WvW ever. If Anet takes anything from this thread, it should be this very simple, well spoken contention.

in WvW

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

Thanks for kicking the wvw players in the face again. It’s not just we have to wait for that new matchups, but what about that ac changes or the ability to switch wvw traits.
And if you are working on that matchup thing, keep working on your server performance. It’s gotten worse with every patch you had in the last two weeks.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Even with the best intentions, everything does not always go as planned. We had hoped to get the changes in for today’s reset, but it simply was not feasible to do so with the confidence that nothing was amiss. I completely agree with the criticism about having announced the plan and then having to change it, that’s my fault and something I shouldn’t have done. This system is still inbound and I’m fighting as hard as I can to make sure it gets in as soon as humanly possible. There are, however, a lot of moving parts to any change like this and we have to make as sure as possible that none of those parts are going to fail. I share your disappointment as I am very excited to get this change out to all of you and wish we could have done it today.

Don’t take it so hard. Anybody with a reasonable mind knows that sometimes things come up blocking plans. The mere fact that you’re holding it back due to an error on your guys part does a lot more for the sake of the community than releasing it while it had said error. Shows the professionalism in your work, and that you care enough about the players to hold it back.

Ignore the QQers here, they’ll get over it soon enough, and some of them I’m sure are old enough to realize that some things can prevent you from getting what you want when you want it. <_<

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in WvW

Posted by: Alur.7510

Alur.7510

@DevonCarver

A question for you Devon, please answer me if you have the time.

Why did you put free transfers in medium servers, and let SFR get crowded when it was the best tier 1 we’ve seen in a long time?
I didn’t read anything about this, maybe I missed a post from the devs, but I think you released the button weeks ago in this change, and you completely killed the fun we had in WvW with a high tier pvp going on.

in WvW

Posted by: Boomstin.3460

Boomstin.3460

There are issues in wvw sure, but more concerned about some people stating things like ‘All our work goes waste’ and ‘Sometimes playing wvw 15 hours a day’.

It’s not the end of the world to wait for a week or two. It’s not like the maps are closed until then.

All is vain.

in WvW

Posted by: The Goat.1940

The Goat.1940

hope in one hand kitten in the other, see which one gets full first, Anet. In addition, all the wishing in the world won’t get your code right… trust me on this one. Anet take this advise to heart and implement it for happy customers: “under promise and over deliver!” do that and you won’t have nearly as many disappointed customers.

Necrotic Sushi – Necro
Elephant Ambush [EA] , Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Aeonblade.8709

Don’t take it so hard. Anybody with a reasonable mind knows that sometimes things come up blocking plans. The mere fact that you’re holding it back due to an error on your guys part does a lot more for the sake of the community than releasing it while it had said error. Shows the professionalism in your work, and that you care enough about the players to hold it back.

Ignore the QQers here, they’ll get over it soon enough, and some of them I’m sure are old enough to realize that some things can prevent you from getting what you want when you want it. <_<

No offense but have you been living as a hermit the past 9 months? It has nothing to do with feeling entitled to anything. I think you missed the entire point of this thread my friend.

in WvW

Posted by: meep.2601

meep.2601

this game is pathetic. combat is laughable(nothing more than zerg aoe button mashing, dont kid yourself otherwise), playing the same two maps on repeat.

8 months after release and they havent even touched the pathetic joke otherwise known as the commander/squad/group system.

in WvW

Troma.3250

There are issues in wvw sure, but more concerned about some people stating things like ‘All our work goes waste’ and ‘Sometimes playing wvw 15 hours a day’.

It’s not the end of the world to wait for a week or two. It’s not like the maps are closed until then.

Like i said, our situation is an example this is not the main message, not the point. Check Aeonblade post

in WvW

Posted by: scanz.4536

scanz.4536

I think the point being made in this thread by various people is that numerous times now ideas, promises and updates have been announced for WvW and then either delayed or completely forgotten. Fixes for WvW take far too long to implement and the community is rarely ever engaged with by the devs. However, the same cannot be said for both the PvE and sPvP aspects of the game. So why is it different? Why do the majority of the WvW community feel so distant from the devs?

in WvW

Posted by: Asbrandr.6324

Asbrandr.6324

exactly Dayra it was symbolic for us. When i saw the delay, i thinked about all disappointment i had in the past, and then i was like “ok, time to make an open letter to Arenanet”

@Devon, it’s not against you: i see you want to communicate more than Anet did in the past, but you should -really- listen what people said in this post. It’s the voice of many other people.

@Thyophelis: you didn’t understand at all the point, read my previous post when i talk about the main message. Our situation is an example. I made the post for all players

And what would you have ANet do to fix it? Release a system riddled with bugs early just to justify the effort you put in this past week? No thanks, I’d rather give them the time to iron out a solid patch with as few bugs as possible.

ANet didn’t force you to rally or put in effort this week; you did that on your own. It’s not their fault that you perceived that effort that you put in as a last hurrah or a chore. I assure you, the situation isn’t exclusive to your server, as NA T2 has put in a hell of fight from all three servers. However, we did this to have fun and because we are competitive. I certainly don’t mind another week with the same opponents and I know for a fact that a lot of other people on TC, at the very least, feel the same way.

In short, I really don’t see a reason to complain about being disappointed. If anything, you should be happy to see that ANet isn’t going to release a broken patch and regards their community highly enough to make sure it’s fixed before it’s deployed. If you regard putting effort into WvW as a chore, then perhaps you should just take a break?

Also, I apologize in advance if this seems too brash, but I really cannot comprehend the thought process behind this complaint; it vexes me.

Zevkk | 80 Necromancer | Vyhrr Sootshroud | 80 Thief
Cyrus Quintillus | 80 Mesmer | Asbrandr Godrikson | 80 Warrior
Fort Aspenwood [FLOT]

in WvW

Posted by: Tenebrous.2451

Tenebrous.2451

I’m not disappointed. The changes will be a disaster for my server.

Thursday Tenebrous – Necro * Sunday Tenebrous – Hunter
Tenebrous Fivetree – Guardian
Zelots of Shiverpeaks (ZoS) – Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Troma.3250

I think the point being made in this thread by various people is that numerous times now ideas, promises and updates have been announced for WvW and then either delayed or completely forgotten. Fixes for WvW take far too long to implement and the community is rarely ever engaged with by the devs. However, the same cannot be said for both the PvE and sPvP aspects of the game. So why is it different? Why do the majority of the WvW community feel so distant from the devs?

Exactly !

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

No offense but have you been living as a hermit the past 9 months? It has nothing to do with feeling entitled to anything. I think you missed the entire point of this thread my friend.

Oh I know what the point is, but you guys seem to think this is like every other time, when this time IT IS RIGHT ON OUR DOORSTEP. It was ready to go out when they noticed a error that could probably make WvW unplayable or completely mess up the rankings. Jesus kittening Christ people, calm the kitten down and take a chill pill, it’ll most likely be here by the end of next week. If not…I’ll join the complaining myself.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in WvW

Posted by: Empyre.2531

Empyre.2531

Troma just like you ANet doesn’t always stick to their words, so don’t blame them for that.

And like i told GC early and on forum, this was my last CTA. Ever.

Trolling aside +1 for your op.

[RG]

in WvW

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

I’m actually happy they delayed the change as we got the dream match up because of this! Gandara vs. Far Shiverpeaks vs. Aurora Glade. Thank you <3

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Gandalf The Grey.1058

Gandalf The Grey.1058

NOTHING is communicated with us. ANET is cheap, Pvers buy more gems, and it’s looking obvious that the devs who produce the dungeons are the ones who produce the content for wvw in their “off time.” Clearly it’s a matter of allocating resources which the fail to do.

in WvW

Troma.3250

Empyre <3 you silly troll, i explained why

To conclude, i think 99% of the posters here understood the main message, the goal. Hope we will see good reactions of Anet.

in WvW

Posted by: Caephire.5238

Caephire.5238

I know you’re trying and that’s all I can ask for.
It’s remarkably disappointing given that I was planning on discussing new strategies and changes we have to deploy after this Reset with the Server Leaders, but now it won’t happen. I still consider your efforts something to look forward to and the upcoming changes to be a “light at the end of the tunnel” of sorts.

Much thanks and keep trying.

Commander Foxblaze
Guild Leader: Zepheris Chronology [CHR]
Kaineng from Beginning to End

in WvW

Posted by: Empyre.2531

Empyre.2531

Empyre <3 you silly troll, i explained why

To conclude, i think 99% of the posters here understood the main message, the goal. Hope we will see good reactions of Anet.

I can see you’re mad you have to play another week GW2. Cmon, this game isn’t THAT bad. Many love across the border to france <3

[RG]

in WvW

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

There was a post where hundreds of people said they hated the new matchup system.. Wouldn’t this make them happy ?

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

in WvW

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

The only real disappointment I see is with a significant number of posters complaining about not getting stuffs for free fast enough when in all likelihood they’re completely clueless to anything related to coding at all, not to mention the development cycle of a game or even system as massive as this. Congrats everyone, you got to pretend you’re eTough and say mean things to the developer who’s been kind enough to keep us up to date on things.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Posted by: ArtemisEntreri.4138

ArtemisEntreri.4138

@Devon - My only suggestion is to create a cluster of servers to allow your community, which is the same community investing in to your product, to test: Trait changes, skill balances and new content. Let the community give you their feedback and find your bugs already under the presumption that something can and will break. You don’t release your changes to your live servers then use the live community to find the bugs which I am sure you do not do. Anet doesn’t need more help, they just need to work smarter. Not harder.

Let us help you build a fantastic game for us. I am sure you receive thousands of replies on feedback and then you make the decision to implement and test it on us and see how it works in your test servers before going live.

Honestly, I have stopped playing GW2/WvW as much as I use to and have found other games or spent more time IRL(which is less enjoyable, hehe) as well has halting my $50 a month spending for gems. You’re going to have to impress me to invest any further.

Thank you,

Your Consumer.

Guardian / Warrior / Thief / Necromancer
Black Gate – Immortals of the Mist [IoM]

in WvW

Posted by: Rawnoodles.1398

Rawnoodles.1398

I agree,

I’ve been actively involved with WvW since day one and leading one of the biggest Hardcore WvW guilds in NA and i’ve seen people leave the game drastically after the said febuary patch that was pushed back.

As much content we try to bring out to the field, being GvGs, trainings, etc. Guilds will experience attrition and its been occurring at such a substantial rate. As much as PvE is good and all for short term rewards and gear, it doesn’t contain the competitive playerbase.

I remember back in Gw1 were GvGs, HA, RA, TA were the hype of the game. When spectator mode actually worked. That is what guild wars was known as. It’s sad to see such a brilliant game with its mechanics take such a dive.

Some of the top guilds I know personally are starting to draw away from the game due to lack of content for guilds in the PvP aspect. Unfortunately if things don’t kick up in pace, I wont be surprised if people float to other platforms as a few substantial guilds have already done so.

The crew is working very hard and we can see that, but it shouldn’t have taken 6-7 months for even a progression system.

Every major WvW update has either been bugged, delayed, or blacklisted. Yet we see new maps, dungeons, skins, every month and the ascended/badge system is a joke.

3 months to get a full set excluding a back piece and the rate for transfers? 62g a pop is ridiculous. Great to see Anet capping all the servers to very high/full to pump out a bit of profit at the expense of those trying to forge better communities.

Rawnoodles | Mini Noodles
[ESOL] -Elite Solidarity| Driver|
" Latest Video "

(edited by Rawnoodles.1398)

in WvW

Posted by: snowaugar.1823

snowaugar.1823

The thing is anyone q.qing here about it not coming out this week or saying they are leaving and what not aren’t true wvw players just kittens they haven’t done anything to make wvw worse so I still love it to all you leaving goodbye go already don’t post it here just leave your kitten was unwanted anyway and to the rest well unforeseenthigs come up get over it move on its still coming out jus not today

in WvW

Posted by: Yuhi Mortel.2609

Yuhi Mortel.2609

In euro serveur players leave the game, day after day (more and more with arrowcart up)
Zerg + arrowcart war + infinite rally with kill = no fun, no pvp, no strategy.

in WvW

Posted by: Offski.4897

Offski.4897

All this fuss. I know how you feel Troma. My god how many last call to arms have you done btw?

Solution to wvw is sooo soo simple one up one down, there you go done. Sorted, happy days.

Oh and yeh revert AC’s they are a joke.

Offski
Necromancer – Sanctum of Rall[IRON]
http://www.iron-gaming.com/

in WvW

Posted by: Xyne.9104

Xyne.9104

/signed

Come on ANET…

The WvW players are one of the groups that logs into the game longest. Continuous damage and disappointment won’t lead to a good ending for GW2…

(edited by Xyne.9104)

in WvW

Posted by: DeeSystm.1256

DeeSystm.1256

Pretty much sums it up

Attachments:

“I came to play.” me
r4420k+ blazetrain

in WvW

Posted by: DevonCarver.5370

Previous

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

Okay, so after much hard work and no small amount of wizardry we are going to get this in for today. We were unable to get the leaderboards fully set up to indicate the matchups, so there will be a disconnect there, but you will see your matchups once you log in.

in WvW

Aeonblade.8709

Okay, so after much hard work and no small amount of wizardry we are going to get this in for today. We were unable to get the leaderboards fully set up to indicate the matchups, so there will be a disconnect there, but you will see your matchups once you log in.

Awesome job Devon. We really appreciate it here in the WvW community, you really give us hope for the future! Now about those AC’s….

in WvW

Posted by: Motìerre.8521

Motìerre.8521

AWESOME! I LOVE YOU!

in WvW

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

So you’re saying that you put on your robe and wizard hat?

[AoN] All or Nothing

in WvW

Posted by: Huygens.4075

Huygens.4075

Anet just trolled the crap out of everybody.

in WvW

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

I just hope this new ratting system works….

If you ask me the whole WvW score system needs a rework.

in WvW

Posted by: Alexxtheonly.1562

Alexxtheonly.1562

Great!!! thanks finally