Disappointing Season 2

Disappointing Season 2

in WvW

Posted by: EZDawg.1530

EZDawg.1530

Season 2 has been a disappointment. Season 1 was frustrating because of the long queue times caused by the achievements, but Season 2 was discouraging because of the Gold-Level 2v1 strategy embraced by JQ and TC. I understand TC doing this because they are ex-SOR and SOR never had any sense of WvW ethics. JQ however, had my respect as a server. Their guilds fought well and we competent. Now, JQ has diminished their own reputation.

I sincerely hope that Anet disbands the concept of Seasons for WvW or comes up with a round-robin, or mixed-server, or some non-exploitable concept if they decide to pursue Season 3.
Results so far:
Season 1: ridiculous queues, pitiful rewards
Season 2: too easily exploited

Disappointing Season 2

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

This is my own opinion.

First, the swiss system needs to be scrapped.

Second, this 2v1 in the gold league I shall not really comment except
that one can learn that strategy before battle is important.

“Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win”
? Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

Disappointing Season 2

in WvW

Posted by: Pavel.8531

Pavel.8531

I agree it is a dissappointment, but it was something anyone with half a brain saw coming from like… china distance away, since it has always been coverage>skill/prime time point ticks. Until this is adequately fixed, seasons with rewards based on finishing rank are a big fat “feline you, if you don’t like it – transfer to the winning servers” from Anet/Ncsoft.
Also, I am on EU and I think if more servers did like these 2(btw expect lock soon for this being a matchup thread, because you named servers) the seson would have been much more exciting.

Disappointing Season 2

in WvW

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

A large motivation for many for the 2v1 was to try and get BG to come to the realization that seasons are bad. All the other servers realized it last season and it was kind of just a pill that had to be force fed to BG. Last night on JQ there were numerous people expressing distaste for the 2v1, but that they also felt it was a necessary evil for the long term good of T1. So lets hope that cause is advanced further and nobody feels they have to resort to this style of play again.

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

Disappointing Season 2

in WvW

Posted by: bob.8632

bob.8632

A large motivation for many for the 2v1 was to try and get BG to come to the realization that seasons are bad. All the other servers realized it last season and it was kind of just a pill that had to be force fed to BG. Last night on JQ there were numerous people expressing distaste for the 2v1, but that they also felt it was a necessary evil for the long term good of T1. So lets hope that cause is advanced further and nobody feels they have to resort to this style of play again.

If that is the case then JQ should let TC win….I mean if it really does not matter…So far we have heard a ton of reasons why the 2v1 occurred, but at the end of the day JQ will win S2 and you expect us to believe that you could care less???

At least BG won and we all knew they were ppt’ers that wanted to win, for the sake of well…“winning”….Sorry JQ, you can’t manipulate things to your favor and then expect everyone to believe you are the hero of the story….Take the win and move on, but do not expect people to flock to you for slaying the “mighty BG”….No one on any other tier cared if BG won, and you guys claim apparently that you did not either (“seasons are bad”), so the real reason for the 2v1 was to win S2 for JQ, and TC just bought a #2 finish from you along the way for their help.

Disappointing Season 2

in WvW

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

I’m playing to come in second in silver league, no Q, different opponents and almost no blowout in score..

So yeah, leave your stacked servers and play to enjoy. Once you enjoy the winning comes naturally even against stacked odd’s

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

Disappointing Season 2

in WvW

Posted by: declan.3968

declan.3968

I’m actually amazed with the 2v1, it’s been awhile since a server other than BG had bought guilds to help them, albeit a whole server in this case.

Disappointing Season 2

in WvW

Posted by: Arahael.3721

Arahael.3721

Style, thanks for your very helpful contribution. What would we do without you?. Here is a cookie

Disappointing Season 2

in WvW

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

If that is the case then JQ should let TC win….I mean if it really does not matter…So far we have heard a ton of reasons why the 2v1 occurred, but at the end of the day JQ will win S2 and you expect us to believe that you could care less???

At least BG won and we all knew they were ppt’ers that wanted to win, for the sake of well…“winning”….Sorry JQ, you can’t manipulate things to your favor and then expect everyone to believe you are the hero of the story….Take the win and move on, but do not expect people to flock to you for slaying the “mighty BG”….No one on any other tier cared if BG won, and you guys claim apparently that you did not either (“seasons are bad”), so the real reason for the 2v1 was to win S2 for JQ, and TC just bought a #2 finish from you along the way for their help.

JQ has done the #1 thing. We’re past that. We don’t want to deal with the constant need to siphon the health out of lower tiers to maintain our king of the mountain status. We’ll come out and play next week, we may win (don’t underestimate TC) or we may lose. Either way most of JQ will be satisfied with the result.

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

Disappointing Season 2

in WvW

Posted by: Kigera.9584

Kigera.9584

Season 2 has been a disappointment. Season 1 was frustrating because of the long queue times caused by the achievements, but Season 2 was discouraging because of the Gold-Level 2v1 strategy embraced by JQ and TC. I understand TC doing this because they are ex-SOR and SOR never had any sense of WvW ethics. JQ however, had my respect as a server. Their guilds fought well and we competent. Now, JQ has diminished their own reputation.

I sincerely hope that Anet disbands the concept of Seasons for WvW or comes up with a round-robin, or mixed-server, or some non-exploitable concept if they decide to pursue Season 3.
Results so far:
Season 1: ridiculous queues, pitiful rewards
Season 2: too easily exploited

The fact that you think the worst thing about Season 1 was “ridiculous queues” leaves little room for guessing what your server you’re from. It would also explain why you think the 2v1 was the only disappointing thing about season 2. It’s like we’ve been talking to brick walls all season, rofl.

Disappointing Season 2

in WvW

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

PLEASE……Devon,

Do Not make season 3 because you guys have NO clue how to organize a tournament.

Disappointing Season 2

in WvW

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

Everyone is the “mighty” skilled superior server, until they don’t have superior numbers anymore. Funny how skills seems to disappear when the numbers does.

[HUE]

Disappointing Season 2

in WvW

Posted by: Zero Requiem.5908

Zero Requiem.5908

Everyone is the “mighty” skilled superior server, until they don’t have superior numbers anymore. Funny how skills seems to disappear when the numbers does.

and yet BLACKGATE was only 10K ppt behind yesterday before most of the server became too exhausted to play DESPITE being OUTNUMBERED by 2 to 1

BG is player for player the BEST NA SERVER, hands down

Disappointing Season 2

in WvW

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

That’s adorable. I wish the difference between servers on Silver and Bronze leagues were just 2 to 1.

Been outnumbered by just 2 to 1 would be a luxury for most of T3+ servers.

[HUE]

Disappointing Season 2

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

and yet BLACKGATE was only 10K ppt behind yesterday before most of the server became too exhausted to play DESPITE being OUTNUMBERED by 2 to 1

You don’t say these things, you let them show . When you have to say it the meaning is lost and it just sounds like chest thumping, and excessive amounts of that gets you 2v1ed for 7 weeks straight apparently.

Everyone who’s played in this season’s gold bracket knows how well BG plays when they want to. Sadly there are people like you to attract negativity and negate the good work of your servermates who just want to play their best without the whole world calling them out for things they didn’t do or say.

Disappointing Season 2

in WvW

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

WvW always has been and most likely always will be ANet’s red-headed stepchild.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

Disappointing Season 2

in WvW

Posted by: bob.8632

bob.8632

JQ has done the #1 thing. We’re past that. We don’t want to deal with the constant need to siphon the health out of lower tiers to maintain our king of the mountain status. We’ll come out and play next week, we may win (don’t underestimate TC) or we may lose. Either way most of JQ will be satisfied with the result.

We shall see…PPT-tryhards are on every server, just because you personally do not feel that way really does not mean too much in the grand scheme. Even your 100 or so people in TS do not always dictate what the fairweathering masses want.

Disappointing Season 2

in WvW

Posted by: zoombi.1498

zoombi.1498

If that was true they’d be able to win even numbers fights. Unfortunately, they can’t so they aren’t.

Disappointing Season 2

in WvW

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

T1 politics don’t affect me in game at all,

but I’m glad that the 2v1 happened. I was really tired of all the BG elitism that was all over reddit and the forums.

Where’s #beastgate #believegate now? reaping the rewards of their hubris.

Disappointing Season 2

in WvW

Posted by: bigtimetopbanana.9725

bigtimetopbanana.9725

ha ha ha…. sympathy…. zero.

We’ve had a fantastic season on FC. We’ve finished 2nd in our matchups almost every week; but the scenario has played out differently every time; we’ve been overtaken late in the week, made remarkable comebacks, had close games, been swamped by GoM, battled it out close with DR, SF, AR and DH. A brilliant season.

If you want to enjoy your WvW, get off your high horse, and come to FC.

Disappointing Season 2

in WvW

Posted by: Pavel.8531

Pavel.8531

Been outnumbered by just 2 to 1 would be a luxury for most of T3+ servers.

Amen. And that’s just vs 1 server too, in the off hours.

And this thread totally got derailed to BG teers vs JQ/TC sneers thread. Again. Sigh.

Disappointing Season 2

in WvW

Posted by: Phlogus.2371

Phlogus.2371

Enjoyed the tournament from Devonas as well. Cheers to all those on the field!

Phlogustus Male Char DD Ele
Molen Labe Female Human Necro
Devonas Rest – Black Rose Legion -CF4L

Disappointing Season 2

in WvW

Posted by: renmei.3102

renmei.3102

It looks like the 2vs1 on BG was necessary to have a semi interesting season. With the death of SOR there is no server that can challenge them straight up as things stand right now. JQ is still plagued by their same old weaknesses of no EU, a weak NA and being heavily militia based. TC is a Tier 1.25 server after the transfers, their coverage is better then it used to be but still has many gigantic holes and many of their guilds are still very relaxed and fun loving which makes TC a fun server but won’t be getting them any gold medal wins.

After this second season I’m predicting BG will go back to steamrolling unless JQ or TC gets some quality guilds to transfer in.

Disappointing Season 2

in WvW

Posted by: SonofNoob.3102

SonofNoob.3102

LOL You are so fake. As if BG is in charge of seasons. Also JQ has been in T1 longer and won more matches in T1 then BG ever has.

Disappointing Season 2

in WvW

Posted by: Devon.9061

Devon.9061

PLEASE……Devon,

Do Not make season 3 because you guys have NO clue how to organize a tournament.

Don’t worry. I got this. The first two times were just trail . Remember third time is a charm.

-Love,
Devon

Last Forum Account Left.
Yo mama jokes to stronk.
Forum Mods to weak.

Disappointing Season 2

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

It looks like the 2vs1 on BG was necessary to have a semi interesting season. With the death of SOR there is no server that can challenge them straight up as things stand right now. JQ is still plagued by their same old weaknesses of no EU, a weak NA and being heavily militia based. TC is a Tier 1.25 server after the transfers, their coverage is better then it used to be but still has many gigantic holes and many of their guilds are still very relaxed and fun loving which makes TC a fun server but won’t be getting them any gold medal wins.

After this second season I’m predicting BG will go back to steamrolling unless JQ or TC gets some quality guilds to transfer in.

If BG’s “try-hard” culture relaxes into the more realistic mindset that WvW should be enjoyed; it should be more fun for all of kitten

is abhorring T1 politics and JQ seems to have accepted it’s a loser of an idea as well. BG takes that attitude and maybe concentrates on the quality of it’s players like it did just recently….it would change T1 from a job back into a game.

Perhaps people will start transferring to T1 for things other than seasons and you won’t have to purchase coverage. Just imagine it.

Disappointing Season 2

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

This isn’t true. Coming from a former BG player myself, I spent more time resurrecting dead BG players than I did killing enemy players.

Also some food for thought, when I’ve been on (mostly prime time), TC has spent more time fighting JQ than BG it seems, even despite TC being focused on by BG. What can we gather from this? Even while battling JQ, TC can still take out BG in the process and not only maintain the lead but build on it.

Coverage isn’t something to brag about, being able to overcome a 2vs1 is.

Disappointing Season 2

in WvW

Posted by: Monsteratic.5487

Monsteratic.5487

This is the beauty of WvW. The politics of T1 and all other tiers in general is what keeps me, and I am sure others motivated to keep logging in to play. WvW is the only thing in GW2 that is still truly player driven. All we need is for Anet to interfere and ruin a perfectly fine system. If the system is so bad, why don’t you stop playing? Surely if the system was awful from the start people would of left a long time ago. Stop crying just because you lost and move on.

Disappointing Season 2

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator

Please note that we do not allow Match-up threads on the Guild Wars 2 forum. You can read about our forum changes here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Guild-Wars-2-Forum-Moderation-Updates
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Upcoming-Forum-Changes-to-WvW-Match-ups-Sub-forum

The WvW Community has created new spaces online for Match-ups and other off-topic discussions, so it would be best to talk to the other players on your server to find out best where they plan and discuss.