Discuss - New WvW Map Mechanic

in WvW

Posted by: Synosius.9876

Synosius.9876

sounds great, just tell me where to bandwagon to every week, make sure there’s plenty of lag and one scape goat to blame in case we dont win.

in WvW

Posted by: DiscoJacen.1590

DiscoJacen.1590

I just want Anet to actually pay attention to the game mode instead of “allowing” 1 or 2 devs from time to time to do stuff and degrade it even further with a lack of testing.

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

in WvW

Posted by: Tao.1234

Tao.1234

I just want Anet to actually pay attention to the game mode instead of “allowing” 1 or 2 devs from time to time to do stuff and degrade it even further with a lack of testing.

It’s hard to ask players to voluntary test it.

Imo, I would like a similar system as it was in Rift, Aion or even Tera – rifting aka invading enemy territories.

Could add specific points on each map which contribute to your server – we have Generator system in EotM, could use that.

Constant war, constant fights.

This would introduce small scale fights and would invite more roamers.

But there is one requirement to fulfill in order to do that – stop looking only at kitten eSport.

Suspended for telling Like it is.
Anet gave birth to Gw2 – Anet killed Gw2.
Murican law 2015.

in WvW

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

@Tao

Hmm…

ANet probably would make more money if eSport does well. Imagine the number of constant new players wanting to be the next champion team…like real established sports like baseball, football, soccer, ect. have in their respective professional leagues.

ANet would hold exclusive supply to equipment and playing grounds.

The game is 3 years old, IF their PvP was ever going to be an E-Sport, they really missed the mark. It is pretty much to late for their E-Sport to tale off, it’s widely viewed as more of a casual get in get out kind of mode. Some people are very active with it but I would argue that it’s not enough for the mode to excel any further. Keep in mind GvG’s in the past have produced more viewers then ANY TPvP tourny/Match that Anet has provided.

in WvW

Posted by: Tao.1234

Tao.1234

The game is 3 years old, IF their PvP was ever going to be an E-Sport, they really missed the mark. It is pretty much to late for their E-Sport to tale off, it’s widely viewed as more of a casual get in get out kind of mode. Some people are very active with it but I would argue that it’s not enough for the mode to excel any further. Keep in mind GvG’s in the past have produced more viewers then ANY TPvP tourny/Match that Anet has provided.

Doesn’t matter how old it is really.

Guild Wars pretty much was always a title that did stick with certain group of people – not sure why – maybe because no fancy flashy stuff.

But still, as I did mention regarding balance stuff in PvP forum, we still could make closed tournaments, even without ESL.

If we did in fact balance classes enough to make each class viable with at least 2-3 viable builds(not OP, just viable), then PvP mode would increase greatly in activity.
We would have probably even a lot of private tournaments and finally more and more teams would form to compete in official Tournaments hosted by Anet – with ESL or without, doesn’t matter.

This in fact would also have a positive impact on WvW, because builds would be pretty much balanced and viable either for GvG, ZvZ, small scale fights or even for roamers.

I know that WvW has many more viable builds than PvP mode, but increasing amount of them would still be very beneficial to WvW and what’s more, fun and enjoyable.

Perhaps, finally people who left due to some reasons based on WvW and PvP would return and increase the population.

And finally, maybe, we would be granted a single map that would be small team/roaming based.

In my opinion, WvW system is something many games lack – imo most games have such content, but it’s poorly developed and making it more interesting would require lot of developing time.
In Gw2 case, we have Badge system and Tournament Ticket system – could use that and introduce a nice way for nice rewards and like mentioned before – add some system that would allow Roamers or small teams contribute to server by infiltrating enemy land and stealing something like Generators or whatnot.

In other words, both, WvW and PvP have a great potential which doesn’t really require as much developing time(except proposed map and Generator system), to introduce things that would lure more players and encourage them to participate in those modes.

Problem is – Anet doesn’t want to.
Or maybe NCSoft doesn’t want to.

I don’t care which one – potential is wasted if not properly taken care of.

Suspended for telling Like it is.
Anet gave birth to Gw2 – Anet killed Gw2.
Murican law 2015.

in WvW

Random.4691

Don’t get me wrong, I would love to see both WvW and TPvP flourish and become the kings of MMO PvP. It’s a hard pill to swallow but I just don’t think the people behind the machine (Anet) have the knowledge to make it work. To much time and energy has gone into PvE and not nearly enough into either of the other two modes.

They are competing with Moba’s and other Giant like WoW with their 3 vs 3 arena’s, they are both established and still going strong (even WoW still hosts tournaments with LARGE prize pools). Anet would really need to buckle down, focus, and be willing to really listen to the “hard core” players of both modes as well as work with those players to even have a chance at reaching that level of fan base. It’s unfortunate but they have proven that their ego’s and pride will always come first, and our suggestions/help will always come last.

Anyways, we’ve gotten off topic here, back to your regularly scheduled program.

(edited by Random.4691)

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

@Diku I’ve read your new Map Mechanic proposal several times and I don’t understand it.

When you say 1) Require Players to Choose 1 Home World to represent

• Does that mean permanently? Or does can you choose a new World (Server?) each week?

When you say 2) Allow All Players to Enter Any Enemy Owned World Map

• Does that mean there are no longer 3-way matches? So if I’m on SBI then I can choose to go to any of the other 23 servers BL?
  • Or I can choose to go to EB? Is there a battle royal in EB with all 24 servers in there at once?

Because later your example is:

There would be 24 Worlds. Each World would be assigned 4 Maps.

The 4 Maps would be setup for the following use:
Red Map – Player’s Home Base
Green Map – Open Enemy
Blue Map – Open Enemy
Eternal Battle – Open Enemy

Players can only Enter as an Ally if they choose any Map connected to their Home World Base.

Players Enter as an Enemy-Guest if they choose any Map that is NOT connected to their Home World Base.

So if my home base is the red map (I’m assuming this is equivalent to the Home BL now?) then if I go there I’m an ally. And can any of the other 23 servers invade my home and they’re all fighting against me?

And what happens if I go to Blue? Or EB?

I don’t understand what you mean by “ally”, “open enemy”, “Home Base”.

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

esport is for the semi-hardcore and hardcore…..
however, given that the game is designed for the casuals and populated with mainly casuals…
im not too sure how esport will do well for gw2

as for your suggestions….i will use the word “fraction” because….my logic can’t accept the word “world”.

so, basically. players have to choose a brand new fraction…
each of these fraction has 4 lands and one of the land is the HQ.
enemy can choose to attack any of these 4 lands…

the question is.
do the enemies have to conquer the 3 lands before they can proceed to the HQ?
what happen if you conquer the lands?
what happen if you lose your HQ?

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Random.4691

Not going to lie, this whole idea still doesn’t make a whole lot of sense. I don’t know about other but I have read this several time over the last couple days and still do not understand what you’re proposing.

in WvW

Random.4691

Tell me if I’m understanding this, I’ll use the current matchups for my example.

Let’s say I choose JQ as my Main home, it is Green.
YB, CD, & HoD are also Green So I would be able to guest to anyone of these four servers as an Alli and help their scoring.

I could then Guest to any other server as an Enemy guest (which would mean I’m an Ally of those servers) and help them with their scoring.

I used color for the 4 home worlds just for an example ignore the color aspect and view them as my 4 Allied worlds.

If this is correct than all I see here is asking for the ability to transfer (or Guest) for free at will. There is no point in labeling yourself as enemy or ally at this point because you’re effectively going to be trying to help someones scoring. Your Home world holds no meaning other than a place to park your Characters. Transfers become pointless because we can guest.

Basically what I’m getting from your proposal is a free for all join anyone you want whenever you want.

in WvW

Posted by: ZhouFusion.1826

ZhouFusion.1826

Wouldn’t it be better to Get rid of EotM.
And once there are queue’s on all of your Maps.
Eb+3 Bl’s. you’ll be able to Quest to T7-8-9 and help out the team that has the same color as yourself.

Remove the Transfer Blockade and add this.
and people will still be playing for there Home server if they can.

If they can’t they can Make new friends on T7-8-9.(inc 6 if need).
Its a smooter way to slowly dissolve the boundries tied to Servers.

Ps. there has to be some Blockades on there.
So T7-8-9 players still have Priority.
For example if a map is full and a T9 player queues. but 50% of the player on that map isn’t from that T9 server but is waiting for there queue to pop on there home server.
The last non T9 person enterd gets a Pop-up You have 15minutes to Search for a new map or get send back to LA.