Discussing 2v1 is not bad

in WvW

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

The moment anet decided to tie individual rewards to server ranking in tiny leagues in a Swiss style format it was inevitable that players would conspire to fix outcomes by transferring to the strongest server, and that either of two thing would happen (1) all matches would be preordained blowouts or (2) there would be match fixing.

(1) is happening in EU, (2) is happening in NA.

Think about the WvW before leagues and how much more competitive it was even though players were apathetic and didn’t care.

It is Anet who is ruining WvW by providing incentives for profit seeking players to chase the rewards. Only anet can fix the damage anet has done, and they need to o it by structuring rewards that don’t produce boring snowballing Pvp.

(1) Open the system up, get rid of leagues — make collusion much harder
(2) Swiss style matches, so bandwagon servers can rise to their level
(3) Top (Gold) Rewards to the Top six (not top 1) servers. The drama and more interesting matches are on the margins of the league anyways.

What’s more interesting? 6-8 servers in contention for 2 spots in the final 2 weeks, or 2 servers deciding whether they want to lose or fix matches?

Opening up the gold reward to the top 6 will make opening up the silver reward (next 9) even more of a mad scramble.

You mean I don’t have to transfer to only one server if I want to win? I have a choice? By golly, If enough players start to make choices, Pvp might get interesting.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in WvW

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Guys respect Anet decision on this. It is no use trying to bring up this topic again. If you don’t like it maybe it is time to do something you enjoy doing.

ANET condoned match fixing and objective trading? I must have missed that post, care to link it for me?

What i mean is that Anet should know about this by now and they chose to do nothing. From the Guild War 2 utube they also say they like the new system and seem to know the alliance.

The interview on YouTube was done before it was apparent that those joining in for a season long alliance were trading wins. I don’t see an issue with a season long 2v1 so long as the two servers are attacking each other as well and trying to win the match. This isn’t the case and the guy in the video was unaware of it.

To clarify, there is nothing wrong with a long term 2 vs 1. This only holds true if there is still a 3-way battle and each server is trying to win. It becomes wrong when two servers ignore each other the entire match, focus on another, and trade wins. It’s no longer W vs W vs W but W vs W & W. It’s roughly the equivalent of one server making it so that their server cap is double that of the other two servers individually (i.e. 100 vs 50 vs 50 player cap).

I’ll add further clarification which is probably needed considering things that I won’t get into. If two servers ( A & B ) decide to team up to wipe another server ( C ) off that map, and then duke it out between each other ( A & B ) while that server ( C ) reclaims its points, that is okay.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

in WvW

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

W&WvW meta > $$$ guilds meta

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

in WvW

Posted by: mzt.3270

mzt.3270

Except… 2vs1 conflicts entirely with the channel they take when delivering achievement points and prizes to individual players through tournament rankings. In the end the server is made of individual players, some I may add are in a less than desirable place where the server they are on may have no allies to support them and suffer from guild migrations to leave them low on numbers, does not mean they put less effort to get the rewards.
In fact they have to work double hard to get even a fraction of what a massive blobserver can get.

The problem is that on paper Anets vision for 2vs1 is good, the object being that two smaller servers may help to overthrow a larger one. The reality is further from the truth where already huge servers make “temporary alliances” to overthrow smaller servers due to politics and it is here where the 2 vs1 issue is severely flawed in “bully tactics”.

I am all for servers winning on it’s own merits but when two huge servers deliberately come together to deny a smaller server of its rewards through no skill and strategic planning, but on further weakening an already weakened opposition by an " alliance agreed offensive" is not only the lowest form of pond life, it is also questionable ethics. People have to remember that such actions are penalizing individuals – not a server, especially when tournaments and prizes are on offer and denying them of the chance to gain said rewards through so called alliances which is totally unfair.

If this is the case then Anet either needs to restructure the rewards to open it to a “standard for all reward” no matter where you are placed or kill off the season tournaments altogether, because right now it’s being open to abuse and frankly I am surprised Anet allow it to damage their name and their game through the selfish and deliberate actions of certain servers.

Happiness is finding an Omnomberry in your Grumble Cake

(edited by mzt.3270)

in WvW

Posted by: Yujin.1785

Yujin.1785

@OP

I don’t think it’s a question anymore as to whether or not ANet will do anything for this season. They won’t.

It’s really the first time we’ve seen anything of this sort and I think that calling it match manipulation leads to a slippery slope argument.

Maybe or hopefully, they’ll give some tools for a group to counter such coordination although I think that removing the Swiss-style tournament is a start.

in WvW

Posted by: Altie.4571

Altie.4571

I like how OP ignores every single shred of evidence that supports 2v1.

Before you continue on your tear stained path of forum posts, please answer yourself one question:
Should servers stop trying to win a season?

When scientists discover the center of the universe,
a lot of people will be disappointed they are not it.

in WvW

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

No they won’t do anything. But the same rules that “allow” 2 servers to take turns camping the spawn of the 3rd server also allow me to “enjoy” the game by ritualistically high-diving golems by the dozen into the ground.

It doesn’t mean you should.

Ultimately, what has happened this second season is a huge loss for the entire WvW community. I feel ashamed for the people involved.

in WvW

Posted by: mzt.3270

mzt.3270

I like how OP ignores every single shred of evidence that supports 2v1.

Before you continue on your tear stained path of forum posts, please answer yourself one question:
Should servers stop trying to win a season?

Answer – Agreed No they shouldn’t. On that note the question should also be “Should a server be winning on more sportsmanlike means and on their own merits ?” But that is another question altogether and one open to each servers attitude to humanity and morals.

Happiness is finding an Omnomberry in your Grumble Cake

(edited by mzt.3270)

in WvW

Posted by: Enzo.3906

Enzo.3906

BG as a victim from 2v1 doesn’t make me feel bad in the slightest. They deserve it.

They thought that they could win tournies easily by stacking coverage and buying/renting guilds.

They certainly did not expect JQ/TC to team up.

And now they cannot envision any solution for this. Stacking more guilds in off-peak times won’t work. Renting/buying guilds won’t work anymore.

The only thing that Bg can do is sabotage JQ/TC by supplanting WvW spy/sabotage guilds, taking up the queues and wasting siege. But we all know BG won’t scoop down to those dirty tricks…right?

BG as a server is dead. As long as they remain in T1, they are never going to see higher than 3rd place in a match-up of the Top 3 servers (barring a TC vs JQ drama)

It’s going to crash hard like SoR. All the serious WvW guilds there can no longer operate and play for fun since they’ll lose every single battle. All the PvE’ers leeching will no longer like the 3rd-place rewards.

BG is truly doomed, and it’s all because of themselves. Good riddance.

JQ Spy working for Blackgate Karma Train Division

in WvW

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

WvW is not PvP.

The rules against match fixing only apply to PvP, so they don’t apply to WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: oshilator.4681

oshilator.4681

#BGTears

Again.

Headdesk

in WvW

Posted by: mallas.9836

mallas.9836

If Anet thought 2v1 was bad then wvw would b 1 v 1.

well they think all of their skins are cool looking. So not exactly arbiters of the right thing.

the system now doesn’t lend to seasons or leagues. So yes 2v1 is fine. During seasons with personal rewards tied to placement of servers is not fine. Not cause it isn’t fair. Its because it doesn’t work with the system.

in WvW

Posted by: nosleepdemon.1368

nosleepdemon.1368

It’s quite clearly obvious who the cheaters are posting in this thread. Yes, 2v1 IS cheating. If you don’t believe so you are just tricking yourself. ANet clearly stated that they wanted three servers fighting each other so the two WEAKER servers would even up the playing field against a stronger one, not that two STRONG servers would collude to keep anyone else from having a chance at reaching the top ranking. The fact that this system is still broken doesn’t mean it’s ok, it just means ANet hasn’t gotten around to (or aren’t able to find a better solution to) sorting out the jerks doing it.

And another thing, deliberately taking turns to throw matches is also cheating. Again, it doesn’t matter if ANet has taken action yet; It is clearly obvious that the people doing this know that it’s morally wrong, but do it anyway. A 5 year old would understand why throwing matches like that to manipulate your rating is unfair.

If anything, I’ve grown rather jaded with this whole match fixing thing, and I can’t believe that ANet would let such actions tarnish their reputation.

in WvW

mallas.9836

BG as a victim from 2v1 doesn’t make me feel bad in the slightest. They deserve it.

They thought that they could win tournies easily by stacking coverage and buying/renting guilds.

They certainly did not expect JQ/TC to team up.

And now they cannot envision any solution for this. Stacking more guilds in off-peak times won’t work. Renting/buying guilds won’t work anymore.

The only thing that Bg can do is sabotage JQ/TC by supplanting WvW spy/sabotage guilds, taking up the queues and wasting siege. But we all know BG won’t scoop down to those dirty tricks…right?

BG as a server is dead. As long as they remain in T1, they are never going to see higher than 3rd place in a match-up of the Top 3 servers (barring a TC vs JQ drama)

It’s going to crash hard like SoR. All the serious WvW guilds there can no longer operate and play for fun since they’ll lose every single battle. All the PvE’ers leeching will no longer like the 3rd-place rewards.

BG is truly doomed, and it’s all because of themselves. Good riddance.

gl with that. When TC breaks apart.. what then? Back to the red headed step child of BG.

BG has lasted through a few different double teams.

in WvW

mallas.9836

It’s quite clearly obvious who the cheaters are posting in this thread. Yes, 2v1 IS cheating. If you don’t believe so you are just tricking yourself. ANet clearly stated that they wanted three servers fighting each other so the two WEAKER servers would even up the playing field against a stronger one, not that two STRONG servers would collude to keep anyone else from having a chance at reaching the top ranking. The fact that this system is still broken doesn’t mean it’s ok, it just means ANet hasn’t gotten around to (or aren’t able to find a better solution to) sorting out the jerks doing it.

And another thing, deliberately taking turns to throw matches is also cheating. Again, it doesn’t matter if ANet has taken action yet; It is clearly obvious that the people doing this know that it’s morally wrong, but do it anyway. A 5 year old would understand why throwing matches like that to manipulate your rating is unfair.

If anything, I’ve grown rather jaded with this whole match fixing thing, and I can’t believe that ANet would let such actions tarnish their reputation.

2v1 is completely fine. TC and JQ are just playing patty cake for skins and some hilarious notion that 160 (+20 acs) vs 80 makes them #1.

I love the bags and the cash i am making. I have also gained near 300 ranks just from the double team weeks.

in WvW

Posted by: oshilator.4681

oshilator.4681

Also, it’s been great fun killing BlackgateLands in EoTM this week.

Keep defending that keep, guys.

Headdesk

in WvW

mallas.9836

Also, it’s been great fun killing BlackgateLands in EoTM this week.

Keep defending that keep, guys.

odd i get thrown on maps i see no bg.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

It’s really the first time we’ve seen anything of this sort and I think that calling it match manipulation leads to a slippery slope argument.

Its not the first time a hard alliance has been used. It happened in S1.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator

Discussing the mechanics and repercussions of 2v1 is not bad or forbidden. However, in including match-specific discussion, this has become a matchup thread, and we do not allow Match-up threads on the Guild Wars 2 forum. Therefore, this thread is now closed.

You can read about our forum changes here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Guild-Wars-2-Forum-Moderation-Updates
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Upcoming-Forum-Changes-to-WvW-Match-ups-Sub-forum