Discussion : Lags problem in WvW servers

in WvW

Posted by: AzzaCin.3691

AzzaCin.3691

Major battle taking place in BG BL right inside the garrison. All 3 servers are there, inc JQ and SoR, and a fight has been going on now for about 3 hours now I think. Not even auto attack goes off. Tried to use minions thinking they can attack on their own, those things can’t even walk down the stairs correctly with the lag. Tried to finish downed players and it took around 10 tries for it to actually work.

The biggest problem that I have with this is ANets home server JQ. While I did see SoR players and BG players lagging like hell (you can tell from them just running around doing nothing) JQ players were able to flawlessly land their attacks and abilities. Ex: Hammer warriors had no problem stunning everything and chaining their attacks.

There’s word of ANet addressing this problem but I found nothing. Will there be a fix in the near future?

in WvW

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

Doubt it’s the case with JQ getting special treatment, despite the fact that I’ve experienced the exact same thing with JQ players being able to execute deliberate skills while everyone is lagging (Once had a garrison battle where BG and SoR were on the roof doing nothing to each other because of the lag, and then JQ comes up and was somehow able to not only attack, but land melee knock backs on people) . If it was, this game is stupider than I thought.

in WvW

Posted by: draugris.9872

draugris.9872

Since the leagues started the lag situation got worse on every server. Arenanet has been told that long time ago that this would happen but as usual they only hear themselves. WvW is unplayable at the moment, gj Anet.

Mondsucht [MS] – Kodash

in WvW

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

Major battle taking place in BG BL right inside the garrison. All 3 servers are there, inc JQ and SoR, and a fight has been going on now for about 3 hours now I think. Not even auto attack goes off. Tried to use minions thinking they can attack on their own, those things can’t even walk down the stairs correctly with the lag. Tried to finish downed players and it took around 10 tries for it to actually work.

The biggest problem that I have with this is ANets home server JQ. While I did see SoR players and BG players lagging like hell (you can tell from them just running around doing nothing) JQ players were able to flawlessly land their attacks and abilities. Ex: Hammer warriors had no problem stunning everything and chaining their attacks.

There’s word of ANet addressing this problem but I found nothing. Will there be a fix in the near future?

You are totally wrong. JQ totally had lag. I had to log out because it was so bad, my skills were either taking 30sec to 1 minute to go off, or wouldn’t go off at all. We had a heck of a time and people were complaining up a storm in TS about it. Lost nearly 1/3rd the players due to them quitting because being unplayable.

in WvW

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

Oh god, totally TOTALLY wrong. We had such bad lag that my worker in garry was pinging around the keep. Yaks were not moving. I could not use a skill at spawn, even.

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in WvW

Posted by: Diehard.1432

Diehard.1432

Lol the QQ steps up to the next level. What next? All JQ gets additional 500 points to their attack stats but BG and SoR?
You guys are pathetic.

Oh just to be clear i could also use autoattack(delayed) only whenever orange sword popped up.

Garuda X, lvl 80 human Siamoth Ranger JQ SEA
[VaL]

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

The OP was probably frustrated at JQ camping our outter garri for the longest time.

Was a fun fight though guys. We nearly took your Bay after all of that. So close!

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Sreoom.3690

Sreoom.3690

Lag was bad in both BG and JQ BL…ANET owes me about 2 gold so far in Lag death repairs since GW2 inception…

I still think they should give us an awesome lag death animation of a ghostly player pounding on his keyboard :-) …but that would add to the lag.

“The Leaf on Wind”
JQ Ranger

(edited by Sreoom.3690)

in WvW

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Vizunah square has the same treatment. They can chain multiple skills, without even delay. We coulnd’t get a single skill off. Worst thing is, they had more people. Way to balance lag Anet.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in WvW

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Not only do all ANet players play on JQ, not only have they allocated massive extra resources for JQ only while deliberately reigning in on the other servers (especially in big fights), but JQ is also the only server that gets 50% off of Tin Foil Hats at the laurel vendor while BG and SoR have to pay full price!

Oh the humanity!

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Posted by: Carize.8532

Carize.8532

My tin-foil hat is copper plated, with quaggans stenciled on the sides. Cuz that’s how we roll. #yoloswag

Bianca Helios, Ele :: Ganna Shouztu, Ranger :: Selad Mahen, Necro :: Rowan Nightseer, Warr
Melodic Whisper, Thief :: Mephelotic Phantasm, Mes :: Xoboda, Guard :: Plikkik, Engi
Jade Quarry since launch then I started wandering the borderlands of Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

I dont know about JQ and Sor and others.
In past 3 days I have seen similiar situation, only with different servers not lagging.
We play against DL and Dz. Yesterday we were at DZ gari and all my group was teleporting rather than moving. On TS guys told me about skill lag, as a mesmer I could not cast anything than #1 with greatsword.
But I have seen Dz not lagging. Meteors on our head, guys healed, plenty of clones and so on.
Day ago in fight with DL on DZ borderland, Dl seems like having skill lag but there was none for our team.

Seems like there is something going on servers.

in WvW

Carize.8532

But are your opponents spouting weird conspiracy theories about how you must be the Evil Overlords of Anet? Cuz well…..BG is trippin…

Bianca Helios, Ele :: Ganna Shouztu, Ranger :: Selad Mahen, Necro :: Rowan Nightseer, Warr
Melodic Whisper, Thief :: Mephelotic Phantasm, Mes :: Xoboda, Guard :: Plikkik, Engi

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Well i have seen some oponions about conspiracy.
Almost every week i hear about double teaming.

/crazy idea
But if JQ is really getting buffed by Anet like a test server, please post mor info about what we all will get in future. Thank You
/feelfreetolaught

in WvW

Carize.8532

xD I only wish.

Devon Carver: Now we will unleash the true power of WvW bloodlust buff !!!

~evil laugh~

JQ Comm: But we must keep it a secret, no one must know our alliance!

~moar evilz~

*lags BG & SoR zergs to death next time they 2v1 on JQ.

Muahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa

in WvW

Posted by: Tarkus.4109

Tarkus.4109

I blame Hodor, the kitten

Retired OCX Pugmander and Guild driver [Tarkus, Vaelle]

in WvW

Posted by: Dasboba.1652

Dasboba.1652

Trust me JQ had the lag at bg garry too. Even worse, two nights ago I couldn’t cast any abilities for 10mins. I didn’t want to relog to have to wait in the queue. Sadly, my abilities never came back. I guess I “de-synced” with the server.

in WvW

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Dude jq lags trust me lol. It lags big time. Btw, miss you guys dasboda! Good luck!! May strikeforce find victory!!

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in WvW

Posted by: Cuddlepie.8109

Cuddlepie.8109

I commanded BG’s EB for several hours earlier.

At no time did it seem like JQ had any lag advantage. To suggest that they do is – imo – just plain silly.

in WvW

Posted by: Ianor.7184

Ianor.7184

As someone who only plays WvW, it’s completely broken. We just lost Garrison because of the crazy skill lag. No skills were working. No timers were working. Nothing.

Anet should have had their servers ready for this type of load before it started seasons. It is like the NFL staring their season with blindfolds and no hands or feet.

in WvW

Posted by: Rigel.3092

Rigel.3092

No doubt, at all, that the OP has no clue, whatsoever, to what he is claiming or asserting. JQ has lag and lots of it, duh! Go QQ somewhere else or be more constructive in your ridiculous claims/assertions.

in WvW

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

what’s skill lag?….

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

in WvW

Posted by: Fade.7658

Fade.7658

How you get off your kitten and fix this kitten anet?

in WvW

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

OP, Computer specs please starting with your cpu.

in WvW

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

Dear AzzaCin.3691 i really wish you were right, but I’m on JQ and I can’t get a spell of either when fighting server blobs. But I’m really interested in how Anet would achieve it that only SoR and BG have lag on a fight, while JQ can play. If you have technical informations of how they do it, so please share them with me. And please tell me why they should do it.

And dear Anet, get that kittening lag fixed. You are responsible for the hype on T1 servers, you create money by the transfers to gold league and you already knew your hardware or code is kitten when zergs meet in a hotspot.
So how about get it fixed first instead of bringing up new maps – or find a solution that makes zerging less effective like scaling AoE damage up the more players it hits.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Skill lag on the most recent BGBL garrison fight involving all 3 servers let me run through around 30 SoR players and around 40 JQ players without even getting hit.

All 3 servers are definitely getting lag. As soon as one moved off and the skill lag went away though, we stomped the other

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

Skill lag on the most recent BGBL garrison fight involving all 3 servers let me run through around 30 SoR players and around 40 JQ players without even getting hit.

All 3 servers are definitely getting lag. As soon as one moved off and the skill lag went away though, we stomped the other

Yep, was in that battle too, lots of fun. I misclick leaped, got separated from the commander and found myself alone in the middle of 15 BG stacked to the side with sporadic JQ and not one of em targeted me, am sure their frames per second grinded to a halt during that mess, lol. While everyone is gonna deal with a couple second skill lag, my hardware at least allows me to keep moving in times of need, as I watch many of them literally frozen solid like statues, hah.

(edited by scootshoot.6583)

in WvW

Posted by: Gotchaz.7865

Gotchaz.7865

Im on JQ and the skill lag is brutal I’m om an I7 with a gtx 770 in the big fights none of my skills work even auto attack I have to time it in my head and hope it works. Fps will drop to 9 , then sometimes the server will catch up and I die instantly. Im sure its the same for everyone.

Beowulf-Defender of the JQ Realm and Warrior of the SF clan.

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

What’s a skill??? I’ve been on JQ BL since reset during all these insane Garri 1v2 fights. Most of the time I, a hammer Warrior, stand in frustration at not even being able to auto attack. Let alone pop a War Banner to save a keep. It’s simply a matter of perspective. Because if you can get your skills off, you’ll push in. If you can’t you’ll back line it and try to not be seen by the enemy.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

This lag is ridiculous. Its like play 1 frame per 5 seconds. Anet can’t just say they are going to fix it one day. They need to do something about it now, even if its temporary.

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

I’m not going to read this thread but I’m going to comment based off the title. I highly doubt JQ is having less lag then we are. I have been in countless SM fights with them this week and more times than not our zergs would clash and no one would die from either side…

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Drae.3189

Drae.3189

Lol. Yea I was with the BG group in that fight at Garrison on SoR. Our commander lead the charge from SW outer wall up to the bridge into lords room. Then he rubberbanded all the way back out to the outer wall….horrible. Funny at the time, but horrible.

[GoF] Booty Kawl – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: RiWiJo.7502

RiWiJo.7502

Yeah some of the lag is almost comical—mashing into portals and not able to get through, running and suddenly falling dead from a jump I took 20 seconds ago, that kind of thing.

I think the only fix for this kind of thing is either reducing population which will just increase ques—very player unpopular or upgrading hardware which is very-very expensive and very ANet unpopular.

Once ANet has released the new Over Flow Maps in WvW they will be able to control population better by shunting more players into overflow, which is probably their easiest and most cost effective way of handling the problem.

in WvW

Posted by: AzzaCin.3691

AzzaCin.3691

It’s funny to see some JQ players posting here with their QQ rage comments. I never said ANet gives them special powers, all I said was “The biggest problem that I have with this is ANets home server JQ…JQ players were able to flawlessly land their attacks and abilities.” Like other people say some servers are able to move and attack freely even with the lag. Your fault if you assumed something else, and suspicious how aggressively you are defending yourselves -_-

My DS sometimes didn’t even go down, walked around as a black cloud for a few minutes then out of nowhere 17k DS and 28.8k HP just went down and died instantly.

But still no sign of that thread of ANet addressing this issue. Maybe it was posted on another site if anyone has links?

in WvW

Posted by: Monsoon.2589

Monsoon.2589

LagWars is a better title name for the game

in WvW

Posted by: Felix.2613

Felix.2613

If the 2 servers were lagging and JG was not, they would haver steamrolled the fight. If
the fight lasted 3 hours then all have lagged equally.

in WvW

Posted by: NargofWoV.4267

NargofWoV.4267

I’m on JQ was there last night… Um NO, we were definitely lagging as well. I promise you, it took me 6-7 tries to get a banner off on my warrior… I would click click click my F2 Fire Field and see animation, but nothing for 10 seconds then boom the field would go off.

And you should have heard the ____ ing about the lag over Vent and TS…. No it isn’t void on JQ at all. IN fact, Commander got so upset about all the whinning about the Lag he threatened to start booting folks out of TS if it kept up.

Narg, Ranger JQ
Heavy Halo, Warrior JQ

in WvW

Posted by: Ronda.8609

Ronda.8609

All described above is pretty similar to what happens with my game after last patch in wvwvw.

When bigger grp of players (20+) fights against grp same size or bigger , my game is totally laggy and screen is frozen for couple of seconds – it varies between 15 an 35 secs influenced with concentration of chars in location. Not mentioning that I lowered as many graphic options as possible in the game before to avoid lags in wvwvw.

There was and is skill lag from time to time, but it occures randomly. These big lags are spread in many realms and their bordeland maps and occure to too many players, that I think it should be solved soon. Atm wvwvw part of game is totally unplayable and not fun when you run upstairs to capture tower and stairs are not there or your character moves every 15 secs so to fight is impossible…,,

in WvW

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

OP, Computer specs please starting with your cpu.

- Intel Core i5 4670K
- GTX 760 VGA
- 500 MB vibre net

Guess its not good enough, since im getting skill lagg. What do i need to upgrade to fix this issue? I dont think the net can be upgraded any further though. Unless i migrate or start my own business. Maybe i should do that?

(edited by Locuz.2651)

in WvW

Posted by: Marsares.2053

Marsares.2053

Lag is even worse than early days keep fights in Warhammer… >.<

in WvW

Posted by: Daddar.5971

Daddar.5971

The lag got noticeably worse when Healthcare.gov launched. Is A-net renting out half their WvW server space for Obamacare? That would explain everything!

On a serious note, this WvW ‘season’ is all about who can find the profession and build that gets max damage on skill-1 autoattack, because that’s the only skill that works at all (sporadically at that). My toons all have builds that rely on well-timed skill combos which are now useless.

So, I guess it’s time to switch to a no-skill-tanky build with the highest damage ranged autoattack, stand near the back of the zerg and press 1 until someone dies. Now that’s what I call fun… NOT.

‘Elite’ in all 9 professions. I take mediocrity seriously!

in WvW

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

But this lag has so many great features. I ran through the portal on northern hills some day ago as SoR and BG were inside and we were defending. My loading screen took around 30s and I was standing at garrison waypoint.
That could mean asura portals and keep portals become unstable and you may end up in Orr or.. ELSWEYR!

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

in WvW

Posted by: kokuou.9537

kokuou.9537

It’s funny to see some JQ players posting here with their QQ rage comments. I never said ANet gives them special powers, all I said was “The biggest problem that I have with this is ANets home server JQ…JQ players were able to flawlessly land their attacks and abilities.” Like other people say some servers are able to move and attack freely even with the lag. Your fault if you assumed something else, and suspicious how aggressively you are defending yourselves -_-

My DS sometimes didn’t even go down, walked around as a black cloud for a few minutes then out of nowhere 17k DS and 28.8k HP just went down and died instantly.

But still no sign of that thread of ANet addressing this issue. Maybe it was posted on another site if anyone has links?

You claimed that JQ was getting preferential server treatment because it is ArenaNet’s home server. The comments about ArenaNet giving JQ ‘special powers’ were mocking you for stating something so silly and inane. Moreover, ArenaNet’s employees are spread across many servers. In fact, in all my time playing WvW (probably about 10 months or so), I have seen very few ArenaNet tags WvWing on JQ. I know that they can play without their tag on, but I’d say it’s safe to assume that JQ is by no means the ‘home server’ for their employees.

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

You claimed that JQ was getting preferential server treatment because it is ArenaNet’s home server. The comments about ArenaNet giving JQ ‘special powers’ were mocking you for stating something so silly and inane. Moreover, ArenaNet’s employees are spread across many servers. In fact, in all my time playing WvW (probably about 10 months or so), I have seen very few ArenaNet tags WvWing on JQ. I know that they can play without their tag on, but I’d say it’s safe to assume that JQ is by no means the ‘home server’ for their employees.

Every anet tag I have seen in T1 has been a zerg magnet. I have seen zergs wipe over trying to kill that one anet tag. I doubt they have much fun in T1 WvW with the tag up.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: stormcrow.5412

stormcrow.5412

Yeah JQ is getting so much special treatment it is unfair, they are only winning by such a big margin because they fight without lagg. Half the players on JQ are ANet employees. Barak Obama is really Osamba bin Ladan in disguise and of course they never landed on the moon. Did I cover it all ???

in WvW

Posted by: Dark Adonis.5096

Dark Adonis.5096

just fyi…. ive been playing on jade quarry for a looong time and have never lagged EVER even in the biggest zerg .. now the lag is soooo bad for us half the time normal skills wont work and utilities definitely dont… the utilities dont work AT ALL for 90% of us .. explains why were in third place… we cant fight back!

in WvW

Posted by: Babacloanta.7640

Babacloanta.7640

‘It’s true. You can’t fight 2 servers at once when is lag. It’s impossible to wipe one in time and then go to fight to other one.
I don’t mind about “pve” players, they can stack and listen.
I don’t mind about achievements because everyone paid this game.
I don’t mind about the queues even the system is broken like hell.
I don’t mind about many wrong things in wvw (nothing new here for veteran players).
My big problem is LAG (in fact skills delay) because, you know, not everyone play a war, guard or necro full tank of course.
When is lag you can’t fight and “numbers” wins every time.
To change server is not a solution, because I don’t want to jump servers only because I win.
So my only solution is to read forums and hope for a not “ENGINE LIMITATION”.
This is a bit of my opinion about wvw and not about the entire game GW2.

MEHMER – Seafarer’s Rest [EU]
Member of [DEEP]