Dishonored by anti-gambling

in WvW

Posted by: GreenRipper.6432

GreenRipper.6432

In many situations the bad players who are about to die are closing the game to prevent the sum of his death in scoring.

Yesterday at a time of battle of my half of the zerg server has logged enemy simply when he realized that suffering would wipe.

I suggest that to establish a system of punishment or dishonor to these players, besides the score is added to the score. I believe that every player who logs out in combat should count points for the enemy team that hit.

Nightmare Clown – RUSH guild [Yak’s Bend]
www.twitch.tv/nightmare_clown

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

The main problem with this is how to know when player closes game client intentionally and when the game crashes by itself. Because players should not be punished if the internet connection is lost or PC crashes.

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

The main problem with this is how to know when player closes game client intentionally and when the game crashes by itself. Because players should not be punished if the internet connection is lost or PC crashes.

Alt-F4 does not force the application to quit, it sends a close window message which the application can honor (the convention) or not. Essentially, the GW2 client could determine whether the connection was lost, the application crashed, or the user terminated the client.

In the event that the client was closed by user while in combat, there should be a penalty of, say, 15 minute block from entering or queuing for WvW maps.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

in WvW

Posted by: wolfie.7296

wolfie.7296

Having to quit is enough annoyance te them as it is just chill and let them do it

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

Just noting that ALT+F4 is penalized in that you still drop loot if you ALT+F4 (and probably count for kill, don’t know). So the game might already being doing something like this, and seems to have a way to identify it.

The main problem is using the WvW window (B) and click leave the mist, or if you’re lucky and got a queue change and click yes (iirc). Iirc those lets you disappear without counting as a kill.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: GreenRipper.6432

GreenRipper.6432

Recalling that already have a similar system in pvp. Surely it is possible to isolate the players who lost the connection of those who left intentionally.

Nightmare Clown – RUSH guild [Yak’s Bend]
www.twitch.tv/nightmare_clown

in WvW

msalakka.4653

The main problem is using the WvW window (B) and click leave the mist

That was disabled.

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

Alt-F4 does not force the application to quit, it sends a close window message which the application can honor (the convention) or not. Essentially, the GW2 client could determine whether the connection was lost, the application crashed, or the user terminated the client.

Client can never determine if connection was lost on purpose (someone yanked the cable out once he was losing) or not.

in WvW

Posted by: Fatherbliss.4701

Fatherbliss.4701

That seems absolutely crazy to me that someone would try to avoid being stomped. Considering most nights right now it takes me about 30 minutes to even get into a BL there is no way I’d even remotely think of doing that. I’m assuming OP that this happens a lot otherwise you’d not be making a post?

I’ve had way more client crashes lately than ever before. Its usually leading up to when both groups clash (big fights in SMC or at a garrison defense). Roaming I haven’t had a problem.

About the only other solution would be for Anet to review this on a case by case basis which is an enormous pain. But heck, I’d take a 15 minute penalty given I can hardly get back on in that amount of time after being dumped out of the game.

Leader of Goats of Thunder [GOAT]
Tarnished Coast: Bringing the Butter to you (no pants allowed)

in WvW

Posted by: inubasiri.8745

inubasiri.8745

I thought that it was implemented ages ago that a player who logs while being in combat in WvW is considered being killed.

in WvW

msalakka.4653

That seems absolutely crazy to me that someone would try to avoid being stomped. Considering most nights right now it takes me about 30 minutes to even get into a BL there is no way I’d even remotely think of doing that. I’m assuming OP that this happens a lot otherwise you’d not be making a post?

I can’t speak for the OP but I see this about 15-20 times every evening.

It’s more common when we fight servers that are so used to being carried by numbers that their ego can’t handle losing. It’s particularly bad this week since we got Deso and the New Piken. Deso has an engi that’ll even /bow to duel you but Alt-F4 every single time instantly if downed.

I thought that it was implemented ages ago that a player who logs while being in combat in WvW is considered being killed.

They respawn dead in PvE when they log in. This is not a deterrent.

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

So, none of you ever had a queue pop when you are in downed state?

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: inubasiri.8745

inubasiri.8745

@ msalakka
Not only that, they drop a bag. So that means they are actually considered dying.

(edited by inubasiri.8745)

in WvW

msalakka.4653

No.

If their queue popped while downed then you’d probably not run into them again soon after on the same map.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Seeing people log out like this is the most satisfying thing to watch ingame. Especially if you know they have a queue. All that re logging just to avoid a death in a frikking videogame – hilarious.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

No.

If their queue popped while downed then you’d probably not run into them again soon after on the same map.

Oh hahaha they returned to the same map!

I’ve had a queue pop a few times while I was in downed state so it does happen.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I’ve had a queue pop in combat. You end up dead in the new map.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

I’ve had a queue pop in combat. You end up dead in the new map.

i took fall damage as my queue popped, clicked it and spawned at wp dead lol
Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

The main problem is using the WvW window (B) and click leave the mist

That was disabled.

I blame the alcohol… But seriously thanks, I couldn’t remember if they actually fixed that, glad to hear it!

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

I like to mistform away or down mes/thief teleport facing away from the approaching friendly zerg right as the enemy goes in for the spike. They always chase me for the second spike attempt and even if they aren’t about to get ambushed, it’s still fun to watch them chase and make them work for my bag

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

in WvW

Posted by: STIHL.2489

STIHL.2489

In many situations the bad players who are about to die are closing the game to prevent the sum of his death in scoring.

Yesterday at a time of battle of my half of the zerg server has logged enemy simply when he realized that suffering would wipe.

I suggest that to establish a system of punishment or dishonor to these players, besides the score is added to the score. I believe that every player who logs out in combat should count points for the enemy team that hit.

I thought this was already the case, that they drop loot and provide points for PPK, as well as Wxp.

If not, then, you’re right, they should. If they leave combat for any reason, be it crash, que, whatever, they should count as defeated, and provide all rewards to the opposing team and players.

There are two kinds of gamers, salty, and extra salty