Disparity in T1 is sad

Disparity in T1 is sad

in WvW

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

TC got half the points of BG and way less than JQ too.

WHY ARE WE IN T1?
MOVE US BACK TO T2.

We are not linked to any other servers. We don’t need T1.

Please help.

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

Disparity in T1 is sad

in WvW

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

:D Best of luck with it… that’s been our reality for the last several weeks in T4, until this week for some reason.

A bit of advice from a seasoned veteran of the ol’ Beat Down Express, just don’t look at the score and see if you can do other stuff, like snipe the tail of a zerg, lead a large pursuing group off a cliff to their deaths, etc.

You’ll be happier for it… just don’t look at the score.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

Disparity in T1 is sad

in WvW

Posted by: Ultra Hades.4691

Ultra Hades.4691

Dat #pptstress

Don’t worry, have fun.

[WL] Kin Bear

Disparity in T1 is sad

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Glicko RNG, thats all it is, same thing that happened recently when BG rolled a t2 matchup for a week, its just glicko rng. BG is also unlinked and has been for 2 months. The way anet reconfigured linkings this second time allowed matchups to have the possibility of being more unbalanced because of how they chose to link servers and not pay attention to how it could affect changes to servers moving up and down tiers due to the recent changes to glicko volatility. There will be 2 resets this week including the midweek reset on tuesday which will /shudders re-implement the dbl, and the new linking on the 26th so just try to have fun and dont worry to much about score.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

(edited by X T D.6458)

Disparity in T1 is sad

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Ehhhh. We’ll see if we get a link partner on Tuesday. Then we’ll likely be StackCoast.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Disparity in T1 is sad

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Why are people coming in here every week to complain about matchups? Do you not know how wvw works with glicko ratings? Anet doesn’t decide who goes where. TC got a good roll and DB got a bad roll which made them switch this week. Relax you’ll probably be back to t2 next week.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Disparity in T1 is sad

in WvW

Posted by: Zacky.1907

Zacky.1907

Why are people coming in here every week to complain about matchups? Do you not know how wvw works with glicko ratings? Anet doesn’t decide who goes where. TC got a good roll and DB got a bad roll which made them switch this week. Relax you’ll probably be back to t2 next week.

Except that us at DB had a score not too far off BG’s.
JQ wasnt really doing that well and so was TC right before they fell to tier 2.
So when I woke up this morning, I was pretty surprised to find out that suddenly we were at Tier2. Scores between DB, FA, and Mag were pretty even at first as expected….few hours later we had double their scores at 40k and them at 20k. Sure its too soon to tell yet but all I know is TC houldnt be at T1 right now.

Edit: I just read the post about glicko rng. Didnt know that thats how things worked

(edited by Zacky.1907)

Disparity in T1 is sad

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Edit: I just read the post about glicko rng. Didnt know that thats how things worked

it’s had it for quite a while and as i understand they recently made the RNG bigger so that t4 could sort itself out

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Disparity in T1 is sad

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Ehhhh. We’ll see if we get a link partner on Tuesday. Then we’ll likely be StackCoast.

Hopefully they learned from this disaster and actually make better linkings this week, third times the charm as they say. I would say BG/TC/DB/JQ go without links and FA/MAG keep links, that should keep t1/t2 more balanced. And hopefully they can sort out the mess in the lower tiers, because every week its like lets see which tier wins by the biggest blowout <.<

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

Disparity in T1 is sad

in WvW

Posted by: szshou.2193

szshou.2193

TC easily outplays JQ and BG in NA primetime skillwise (often having 10.0+ kdr on a map with 2 of the server’s best guilds on reset) but lacks in coverage slightly in NA but more noticeably in Oceanic and SEA timezones. TC has maybe 2-3 very small guilds in OCX and 1 (even smaller) guild in SEA whereas both JQ and BG have massive blobs in both oceanic and sea. It’s a coverage war, that’s all. If TC were to open again and get guilds in those timezones then we’d easily be able to take first place or at least put up one hell of a fight for it.

[eN] midline rallybot

Disparity in T1 is sad

in WvW

Posted by: tym.3791

tym.3791

When my server made the drop from t1 all the way to t3 and t4 I have been having more fun. We for sure should not be in t4, we need to be in t3.

Any who, the fights I have encounterd during the times I play, OMG, they have been awsome. Have won some, Lost some.

Disparity in T1 is sad

in WvW

Posted by: Virtute.8251

Virtute.8251

Don’t worry. The dream is about to get rotated.

Legendary PvF Keep Lord Anvu Pansu Senpai
RvR isn’t “endgame”, it’s the only game. Cu in CU.

Disparity in T1 is sad

in WvW

Posted by: Archeia.8905

Archeia.8905

R O T A T E T H E D R E A M

But yea, it’s basically a coverage issue atm, too strong for T2, lacking the coverage for T1.
Worry not though, we’ll rotate back to t2 on Tuesday and I can go back to fighting doors \o/

Feelsbadman

Tarnished Coast – Revenant main

Disparity in T1 is sad

in WvW

Posted by: killtl.9703

killtl.9703

“TC easily outplays JQ and BG in NA primetime skillwise”

Good Lord but it is funny how people’s perceptions can be so narcissistic. I admit that I have played at times with BG where we lose fights and struggle, but come on, this is just silliness to make such a statement.

Disparity in T1 is sad

in WvW

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

TC got half the points of BG and way less than JQ too.

WHY ARE WE IN T1?
MOVE US BACK TO T2.

We are not linked to any other servers. We don’t need T1.

Please help.

There are lots of reasons why one server will dominate any particular week. This match, a lot of guilds are moving (or thinking of moving) from TC and other guilds are taking a break, so participation is down. On BG, it appears the opposite — BG is invigorated and looking to do what they have managed to do in the past: cover every map so forcefully early that every opponent is discouraged from even entering WvW. Makes it easy to take it easy the rest of the week.

I don’t think it makes for great gaming if this were true every week, but it never is true every week.

tl;dr I don’t think there’s any disparity in T1 worth noting, unless it goes on for 3 months exactly the same.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Disparity in T1 is sad

in WvW

Posted by: Mokk.2397

Mokk.2397

I prefer T2 .Didn’t encounter massive blobs all day all week. Didn’t have to reset my internet every day all week .Didn’t have to wait up to 30 seconds for a skill to activate. Didn’t have to deal with the blatant double teaming all day all week.
T2 played for their own servers and didn’t get on their knees cupping and polishing…. well you get what I mean.
T2 was just more fun but could have used a bit more balance for the other servers.
When scores are close then you know theirs some good scraps happening.

Disparity in T1 is sad

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator

We’re going to go ahead and close this thread, as match-up threads are not permitted on the forums.