Distortion-share New Meta...

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Ran into you guys multiple times today; I’ve seen godmode before but not to this dedicated extent.

The best one was probably when we first ran into you; our main tags were leading in DBL NWT and everyone was QQ’ing, laughing or facepalming trying to land anything.

in WvW

Posted by: ThunderPanda.1872

ThunderPanda.1872

10/10

Send me 1000g and I will stop trolling WvW forum.
I have a dream – Our Anet Senpai will make WvW Great Again!
WvW Forum is more competitive than WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Is that with a legal buid like signet distortion share?

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

didn’t realize distortion stacked.

in WvW

Posted by: Natto.5819

Natto.5819

That is impossible. I think they have outside help, if you know what I mean.

in WvW

Posted by: Digikid.7230

Digikid.7230

Lol distortion share can get pretty silly, god bless that CD group.

Some guy on a bunch of servers, mostly Mag
Former top 50 spvp engi main.

in WvW

Posted by: Grimjack.8130

Grimjack.8130

Nothing wrong with this, as it wouldn’t work with not multiples of 5, maybe 4 but not 8, as not everyone will get it. Not effective enough to need to do anything about it, as the only thing it would affect is not being able to remove the mesmers from a tower/keep.

Probably going to change relatively soon depending on the rage from this.

EDIT: Nothing broken in WvW* PvE would be different.

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

Get someone to run it in a raid if you want it nerfed.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Okay, you got a full mesmer group to troll you until they ran out of cooldowns and got killed.

Funny I admit, not sure if that effective though.

Get someone to run it in a raid if you want it nerfed.

Yes please run 10 man mesmer raids for permanent distortion uptime (which funny enough doesn’t work on key boss attacks which arenanet does not want to have distorted). While doing so please up mesmer dps to levels where the raid actually becomes completable. KK ty bye.

in WvW

Posted by: duxogns.8047

duxogns.8047

heya… I’m the one who was recorded in that video. where is my portrait rights… just kidding.

We developed that build about 1 years ago and occasionally practised, despite we know this would be meaningless.
You think raid team can use this? This build doesn’t show enough high dps to meet the time limit that all raid bosses have.

This tactic is nothing but a troll. We can’t also get the capture point, all players with spvp experience might know already.
We can do almost nothing but the demonstration against Pin sniping, Siege Humping and the current Condition bombing meta.

Anyway, if you think we use some kind of outside help… that would be easy to say. But as I said, we developed and practised for a long time. I don’t care whether someone blame us or not but please don’t show a disregard for our effort.

[MGR] – Ma Gu Ri, SEA time player, Server Hopper:
[NA] BG → Mag → BG → TC → Mag → SbI → SoS → DR
→ ET → BP → [EU] WR → Vis → [NA] ET → IoJ → Ebay

(edited by duxogns.8047)

in WvW

Posted by: Rambitshouse.8712

Rambitshouse.8712

When it affects pve, then let’s talk.

Nothing to see here in wvw mode.

Dtox

in WvW

Posted by: MinSK.1042

MinSK.1042

duxogns.8047 // Respect & Cheers

in WvW

Posted by: Jerry CCH.9816

Jerry CCH.9816

Distortion-share 7/24

looool

winnie@BlackGate

in WvW

Posted by: cpchow.7416

cpchow.7416

It will be cool if you put a viper passive burn guard in it.

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

It’s a neat gimmick that won’t really scale well, and honestly doesn’t even look that effective considering you’re devoting 5 people. Not dying isn’t the same as winning.

(not to be too dismissive, it’s just I’ve heard of this for a while and even theorycrafting it’s just a neat trick rather than New Meta)

It’s a useful mesmer skill if there’s only 1 mesmer and he’s very good at timing, but that’s always been true.

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

ran into these guys last link when they were nsp. it was really funny at first but quickly became cancer and we avoided them.

10/10 tho if its legit.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in WvW

Posted by: Grimjack.8130

Grimjack.8130

heya… I’m the one who was recorded in that video. where is my portrait rights… just kidding.

We developed that build about 1 years ago and occasionally practised, despite we know this would be meaningless.
You think raid team can use this? This build doesn’t show enough high dps to meet the time limit that all raid bosses have.

It’s exploitable on 3 bosses in theory. Put in action though I would say two, being Vale Guardian and Samarog, the other boss being Slothasor. All three of these fights have no mechanic that is undistortable, if you would tell me the parameters of the build I would have a better understanding of what is able to be done with it.

Enrage has no effect, your invulnerable.

in WvW

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

Neat. =)

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

in WvW

Posted by: Deric.4968

Deric.4968

they are MGR/ND

in WvW

Posted by: Evilliquorz.1360

Evilliquorz.1360

alalalalalalala

[MGR] Ma Gu Ri : Homeless

in WvW

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

It’s exploitable on 3 bosses in theory. Put in action though I would say two, being Vale Guardian and Samarog, the other boss being Slothasor. All three of these fights have no mechanic that is undistortable, if you would tell me the parameters of the build I would have a better understanding of what is able to be done with it.

Enrage has no effect, your invulnerable.

It’s just 5 (6 would work too) mesmers popping an invuln every 5 seconds using traited signets. It gets shared with inspiring distortion in inspiration and stacks up duration. As long as they keep using an invuln every time the inspiring distortion icd finishers, they’ll stay permanently invuln. It’s not particularly tricky to do, but it does require most of a build dedicated to it.

You could certainly kill VG/Samarog/Sloth with this….but why?

in WvW

Posted by: Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

haha thats some nice coordination.

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Good find but, yeah Dev’s need to remove this illness from the game. Bleeping invuln’s and unblockables shouldn’t be in the game to begin with.

Obviously all someone has to do is cheese a Raid Boss with this and it’ll be fixed by next week.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: Xtinct.7031

Xtinct.7031

yea, once two mesmers post themselves dropping vale gaurd using this, it will be hotfixed within 72hrs.

in WvW

Posted by: Sigfodr.9576

Sigfodr.9576

yea, once two mesmers post themselves dropping vale gaurd using this, it will be hotfixed within 72hrs.

You seem to miss the point, you cant do it with 2 chronos. You need 5.

They are using the 2 traits:
– “Blurred Inskriptions” give yourself 1 sec of distortion
– “Inspiring Distortion” whenever you give yourself distortion, also share 1 sec of it. internal cool down 5 sec.

So you need 5 chronos taking turns to give eashother 1 sec of distortion, eash lasting 1 sec. And with an internal cd of 5 sec.

When you see the distortion go over 1 sec (in the vid), its due to them also using F4 distortion.

As already mentioned by others this is purely a troll build (group) that have 0 usebility in a real fight (wvw or raid).

But 10/10 lolled at it