Do not replace current borderland maps

in WvW

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

Just add the new HoT map like another EB (Eternal Battlegrounds) for a total of 5 maps.

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

They need to add EOTM to the WvW rotation so we get 4 different map all adding to the PPT war. 3 Identical versions of the same map, even if it’s a new one, is/was a ridiculous idea.

EOTM as an overflow just turned out to be a karma farming mess anyway so why not take this opportunity to implement it properly in the PPT rotation?

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Another map only encourage the coverage wars, which is what many consider to be the biggest issue in wvw. It would be murder for already weak servers.

in WvW

Posted by: Xarbokk.3195

Xarbokk.3195

Hmm…my idea would be this, have EotM, the new borderland and current borderland all as current borderland maps that way you would have 4 different maps all at once and rotate which server would get what map for their home Borderland

Xarbokk Ragnarok
(Warband of Wolves )
Blackgate Server

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Just add the new HoT map like another EB (Eternal Battlegrounds) for a total of 5 maps.

What do you want with 5 maps most server aren’t able to fill 2 in primetime and no server is able to fill 1 map in off time.

The asymmetrical nature of the current border lands that always required 3 or none made dynamic adaption impossible. A new map that replaces them is a big improvement.

Having said that for WvW, I don’t care if the old borderlanfds are put under EotM matchmaking as an addition to the current EotM map.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

Posted by: Chairface.9036

Chairface.9036

I thought the maps will all be different with the new stuff. Like red gets fire BL, blue gets air, green gets earth or something?

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

I understood it as 1 map with 3 different corners as EotM.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Impossible. The coverage issues would be unbearable, especially since (almost) every one will be willing to play on the new BL.

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

Impossible. The coverage issues would be unbearable, especially since (almost) every one will be willing to play on the new BL.

Sadly I know many who want to avoid the new map as if its the plague.

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

in WvW

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

I think that’d be minority in fact.
WvW is getting stall and old and people will try new ones.
I can imagine t1 server having 500 ques on each map…

in WvW

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

i thought they were rotating the maps every week

[SA]

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

Since you are stating facts could you please provide links to the data?
I said I know many, not that those I know made up a majority or minority.

Though I am interested in seeing factual data on how the WvW based population of GW2 views the new map. ^.^

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

in WvW

Aomine.5012

Though I am interested in seeing factual data on how the WvW based population of GW2 views the new map. ^.^

I really don’t need statistic to prove this… It’s quite obvious since there’s nothing new for WvW in 3 years. It’s natural people want to try new stuffs.

You don’t have to believe me, but I’m still speculating at least 500 ques on each map..

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I really don’t need statistic to prove this… It’s quite obvious since there’s nothing new for WvW in 3 years. It’s natural people want to try new stuffs.

You don’t have to believe me, but I’m still speculating at least 500 ques on each map..

This is why they need to merge all the servers into alliances and open up “campaign” you can guest on according to the amount of players, like in ESO.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Oh there is tons of new stuff for wvw. Its just rarely been things we asked for.

I doubt there will be 500 man queues.

in WvW

Aomine.5012

Oh there is tons of new stuff for wvw. Its just rarely been things we asked for.

I doubt there will be 500 man queues.

In tier 1 server yes it is totally possible.
During Seasons (which is still ZERO content), there’re 200 man ques on peak time.

in WvW

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

People will quit if they don’t update them many have already.

in WvW

Posted by: Ballads.2509

Ballads.2509

This is why they need to merge all the servers into alliances and open up “campaign” you can guest on according to the amount of players, like in ESO.

NO!

in WvW

Posted by: TheSongBringer.2834

TheSongBringer.2834

I thought the maps will all be different with the new stuff. Like red gets fire BL, blue gets air, green gets earth or something?

Fire Nation too Stronk! Aang must master bending all the elements to bring them down!

in WvW

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

Server merge (which is needed anyway) would be a much better solution to the population issue that removal of existing content – which only brought player grief in the past (cough Living Story) and caused a lot of people to quit the game.

There are some of us who don’t wish to play jumping puzzles. We can either stay content in EB and Alpine or leave GW2 completely.

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

Server merge (which is needed anyway) would be a much better solution to the population issue that removal of existing content – which only brought player grief in the past (cough Living Story) and caused a lot of people to quit the game.

There are some of us who don’t wish to play jumping puzzles. We can either stay content in EB and Alpine or leave GW2 completely.

Why do people wish for queue’s ? The problem isn’t “prime” time (for most servers), it is everything else. Server merging will just make even more people in prime time, and no change in everything else.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

Isn’t he stating an opinion[“I think…”]? Why so defensive?

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Why do people wish for queue’s ? The problem isn’t “prime” time (for most servers), it is everything else. Server merging will just make even more people in prime time, and no change in everything else.

Merge’s wouldn’t create Queues on every server, there would still be lower populations (unless Anet went full kittened and merged everything into 3 servers). Here’s the thing, I personally understand some people like smaller populations for roaming or whatever their reason may be but, keeping a dead server active because the 2 people on that server like it that way is not good for business. At some point they will need to merge servers and those few people who love having no one to play with or against will either have to come to the realization that Anet is a business that needs to do whats best for the business or they can quit.

Right now if you go to any server T4 and under you can easily roam solo or small man without getting steam rolled by a blob every 10 min. That right there tells me that 1/2 the servers are dying a slow death. Sure the xpac will bring some players back and some might even stick around for the long haul but I down its going to rejuvenate all 24 servers.

in WvW

Posted by: CajunSinjin.3410

CajunSinjin.3410

you see one trailer and some high level points about the maps and it like “the world is ending, these maps suck donkey teets!”

Yes, I’m going to put my mother hat on “Try the peas before you say you don’t like them”

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

Merge’s wouldn’t create Queues on every server, there would still be lower populations (unless Anet went full kittened and merged everything into 3 servers). Here’s the thing, I personally understand some people like smaller populations for roaming or whatever their reason may be but, keeping a dead server active because the 2 people on that server like it that way is not good for business. At some point they will need to merge servers and those few people who love having no one to play with or against will either have to come to the realization that Anet is a business that needs to do whats best for the business or they can quit.

Right now if you go to any server T4 and under you can easily roam solo or small man without getting steam rolled by a blob every 10 min. That right there tells me that 1/2 the servers are dying a slow death. Sure the xpac will bring some players back and some might even stick around for the long haul but I down its going to rejuvenate all 24 servers.

Most silver servers can already queue about 2 maps on reset, 1 on other days.

Most bronze servers can queue EBG on reset, and randomly other days (Just ask SF).

At best, you could probably combine some of the bronze servers, and get them to silver status population in Prime time. And still be dead every other time. But even in T6 NA now the population in Prime time isn’t the main problem against T5 servers.

From what I read about the EU bottom tier servers, they might actually need it.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”