Do precursors drop in this game mode?

in WvW

Posted by: ionix.9054

ionix.9054

Two people have told me precursers drop in wvwvw. Is this just a rumor or is this confirmed? Thanks

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

They drop. Just rare.

in WvW

Posted by: ionix.9054

ionix.9054

Thanks from response. From players, keep lord or WvWvW rank up? (so I can say prayers at the right time)

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

A Guildie had a precursor dropped from the skales at south camp so yeah they do drop but rare as kitten.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Dante.8456

Dante.8456

I saw someone get a precursor for Kudzu the other day in WvW, first time I have ever seen it. Remarkably, I think it was from another player kill (imagine being the player that gives someone a precursor :P).
I’m pretty sure you can get them from the rank chests as well, not sure about Lords.

Its painfully rare though (then again I guess it is everywhere). The problem is that WvW has very few rewards. The only constant rewards are greens from taking towers/keeps and the very occasional rare or exotic from rank chests.
I would never play WvW with the expectation of ever seeing a precursor.

Desolation EU
Guardian / WvW Enthusiast

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

I dropped a Energizer from a player, and a Rage from a tower guard.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

Got the hunter from somewhere in a SM three-way.
can’t say if it was a guard, the lord or one of the hundred players there, just found out about it when I was salvaging my inventory afterwards^^

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

in WvW

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

Thanks from response. From players, keep lord or WvWvW rank up? (so I can say prayers at the right time)

Any PvE Mobs (Guards/Lord/Randomkitten), Players and Rank up chests.

Isle Of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

rare… I play WvW almost exclusively. After nearly 4k hours, over 2k wvw levels (plus the bug where I got a ton of extra rank up chests), 100k+ kills, two map completions and closing in on 15k achievement points… never seen one precursor. In our small WvW guild none of us have ever seen one.

If you want a precursor, PvE is going to be your best shot. Some say EotM is a good place but I have little experience there.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Nearly everything can drop precursor weapons. I’m pretty sure even a Moa can.

But from what I know :
-Sentries
-Other players

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

If you want a precursor, PvE is going to be your best shot. Some say EotM is a good place but I have little experience there.

Mystic toilet is more viable than farming PvE… Since farming PvE and farming WvW result on the same kind of loot.

I know someone who got 9 precursors from the toilet. I just don’t dare to toss my money there…

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

wvw has the worst chance of any reward mode, because generally it has the worst loot per hour of anywhere.

You are 100 times better off running around the new LS map than you are playing wvw.

I got very lucky on a toon I haven’t played in 6 months on the toilet two days ago- made a short bow precursor from 44 exotics, then tried greatswords and actually got a Dusk.

Net result after 500 gold, up one precursor. I have noticed toons I don’t play for a long time get better drops and a better chance on toilet than ones I play all the time, so you might try that.

Never had one drop ingame.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

Good luck searching for your pre loot chest on the ground during a zerg fight….

It has been mentioned before but I say it again: The game needs to mark the exotic drop on the map with a different color or at least make a sound so that you know there is a good drop on the ground somewhere. Diablo 3 does a good job at this by marking the legendary drop as a golden star on the map. I really don’t see how hard it is for ANet to do this, but then again ANet wants you to buy the pre with gems so they will never do anything about this issue.

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Pffft, I just press F in the middle of the fight because it’s glowing on my screen, annoying me… I rarely miss any loot at all. If people are dying because they took like 1 sec to press F, they are bad and deserve to lose loot. Seriously…

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Good luck searching for your pre loot chest on the ground during a zerg fight….

How dumb would one have to be to “search” for a loot bag/box, when you can simply continuously use an AoE loot button, and never miss a drop?

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Venom from tower lord. The legend from random FA player (though could have been an NPC / mob in the middle of them).

Note : my eyes widened so much, I may not have looted again after that in that battle…..

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: Rimmy.9217

Rimmy.9217

Precursors can drop from anything. But since you tend to kill more individual baddies in PvE, there’s a higher rate of drops per person per period of time there.

I’ve bought my precursors.

Mind you, a week after I had bought The Legend, a guildie (who had only been playing the game for three weeks at that point) got it from one of the npcs in northwest camp.

He didn’t know what it was, and sounded peeved in TS that he’d got a staff as a drop. o_O

Trollnado Ele – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: NonToxic.9185

NonToxic.9185

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Precursor

Precursors drop from almost everything, but at lottery-grade odds. You are better off using the proceeds of war to play the toilet, which is slightly more likely.

in WvW

Posted by: Thythren.6045

Thythren.6045

My only precursor drop came from wvw. I got Zap in the middle of a zerg fight. But yeah, your chances are substantially better doing the boss train or the mystic forge.

in WvW

Posted by: Alchymista.8192

Alchymista.8192

look.. i have already played this game for a 3200hours.. everythign mostly wvw.. i can count u on my hand, how many times i heard someone got precursor in wvw

Seafarer Never Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

The Legend, twice. Both from players on BP.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

in WvW

Posted by: Glaciate.3901

Glaciate.3901

Got spark from a veteran npc in eb.

I would say there’s more chance of it dropping directly as loot than from wvw rank-up chests and bags.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

I got staff prec from a gate guard and dusk from dredge on EB. The dusk dropped on the day my guildie wanted to buy a prec for his legendary, I don’t remember which one he wanted to craft but he didn’t complain about changing plans :P

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

(edited by Jayden Ennok.3687)

in WvW

Posted by: Davey.7029

Davey.7029

Someone from my guild got a precursor from a sentry. So yes, they do drop.

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Any hostile mob in the game has a chance to drop a Precursor. It’s just incredibly rare.

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

The chane of getting a rare – 1 in 100 drops
The chance of getting an exotic – 1 in 300
The chance of getting a useless ascended item – 1 in 3000
The chance of getting a useful ascended piece – 1 in 20,000
The chance of getting a precursor – 1 in 100000

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Once an upleveled mesmer droped a gs precursor to me.
Once

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

The chane of getting a rare – 1 in 100 drops
The chance of getting an exotic – 1 in 300
The chance of getting a useless ascended item – 1 in 3000
The chance of getting a useful ascended piece – 1 in 20,000
The chance of getting a precursor – 1 in 100000

My anecdotal evidence proves these numbers wrong. Based on my recent sell statistics, I see 1 rare for every 250 white/blue/green item. I get one exotic every 2000 (including the siege commander spoon which is all I have gotten this month). I have gotten 20 total ascended items over several million drops. I have never seen a precursor.

I am NOT counting crafting materials in these drops which might account for some of the discrepancy.

PS… Never missed a daily or monthly and play on average 2-3 hours per day.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: MARKONINI.4153

MARKONINI.4153

Got The Hunter from Ogres in EB (the ones in center of their camp – around the merchant)

Tinypaws / Tiny The Charrdian / Marko The Guardian

Guardian has no alternative :)