Do you agree w/ FREE Transfers to med servers?

in WvW

Posted by: Ghoulina.2976

Ghoulina.2976

They never should have gotten rid of tree server transfers period. To any server.

Mîs: Careful what you say. The moderators are watching, and ignorance is strength.
JQ-80: Mes/Eng/Ele/Thief/Guard/Rang/Nec/War

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

^Most of us beg to differ. There should never have been free transfers in the first place.

in WvW

Posted by: melodey.4652

melodey.4652

It’s like putting a bandaid on a part of your body that’s only hurting because you have some major internal bleeding going on. So… not really, no.

Signed, a server that’s “very high” in population and yet rocking T6. Boo yeah.

Yak Slappin’ Bunker- roamin n stuffs [PD] [Duck]
all classes 80, who is the cheesiest of them all?
gw2 dress-up barbie is the real endgame

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

Sure but should be based on WvW tier and not population. E.g. back in the day Eredon Terrace was T1 but medium population.

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

The problem is we do not know which server has what wvw population at which time.

The solution is to simply put a number of players in game at real time to see how many we really have.

Knowing that, we’ll be able to calculate which server has which and will need what number of players and at which time.

A good system is to introduce a real time population restrictor based on the lowest number server in a match + 2 other servers and get the mean. Population cap per map in a time zone till lower pop server has 25% increase or in que w/c means – change in population cap again for a map. At least something like that.

And an in game ghost mode for those in queue to chat and be spectators. Or at least have that option.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

(edited by Sovereign.1093)

in WvW

Posted by: Calsifer.6079

Calsifer.6079

To all the people suggesting that transferring to servers with higher populations should cost more from a WvW perspective, that isn’t entirely fair. Sure, BG, JQ, and SoR are all ‘very high’ pop. servers, but so is CD, DH, Anvil Rock, IoJ, GoM, NSP, and SF.

Pricing should be based around the WvW ranking. PvE population doesn’t matter because people just guest for PvE. WvW is the only reason people mass transfer.

Ninja Stokk – Thief. CD.

in WvW

Posted by: tanachiouz.7628

tanachiouz.7628

Well for starters anet have messed with nothing the players themselves and alone in blame have caused this problem not anet. Anet is a bussiness with shareholders and why should those shareholders miss out on a profit to fix misbalance caused by fairweathers buying wins.and flooding a top tiers cause they are to weak and there game suffers so bad they buy thier way into a win. NO NO NO anet are the 1’s expected to pay coders to fix this problem caused by YOU the players. Map caps WILL happen in time and those fairweathers will have a 2-3 hr que to put up with then anet get to profit from the mass exodius back to a no que server. Never under any circumstances should anet miss out on profit considering YOU the players have sat your own FAILURES unfairly apon thier shoulders. Stop conplaining about anet you pathetic nabs and buff your stamina IRL and L2P GW2 WvW the way anet intended it to be played then you wont have skill lag and you wont have tier misbalance. Anet have EVERY right to profit from something THEY have to fix because fairweathers f’ed it up the buttcrack then stand in LA bragging how staunch they are. While YOU the players are still excepting fairwather transfers into your guilds with open arms and YOU the players are STILL encouraging server migration of fairweather guilds n players you have NO leg to stand on with your moaning and f’ing groaning at anet. YOU THE PLAYERS DID THIS AND QUOTE ME MOFOS YOU THE PLAYERS WILL PAY FOR THE FIX. btw theres no fairweathers in my f’ing guild and there never will be grow up stop being kitten and L2P GW2 WvW properly. Cry baby care bears fairweather stooges stop crying to anet and f off back to runescape asap

[RAGE]Emberz Bladeswift FA

in WvW

Posted by: urzen.7096

urzen.7096

I agree with free transfers limited to once a month, to anywhere you want. I have been trying to transfer to a lower tier server for months, but im not paying $30 or my hard earned gold for a minor change.

Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

No because server population doesn’t = WvW population.

QFT

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

in WvW

Posted by: Zosk.5609

Zosk.5609

With the exception of the top 3 servers and the free transfers there to make ‘WvW-teh-awesome!!’… I don’t see any reason to believe that population doesn’t generally correspond to WvW participation on a server.

Have any evidence?

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

With the exception of the top 3 servers and the free transfers there to make ‘WvW-teh-awesome!!’… I don’t see any reason to believe that population doesn’t generally correspond to WvW participation on a server.

Have any evidence?

Just take a look at the server list at the log in screen and match it up with rankings.

In North America, probably among the more extreme examples is Ehmry Bay is one of the smaller servers while Gate of Madness is one of the larger ones but we’re 10+ ranks below Ehmry Bay.

If I had to start offer a theory as to how that can be because I don’t wanna get back to work, I’d say that it has to do with that the PvE population is most of the server population. When many WvW players leave, the ranking suffers but the server population doesn’t.

Assuming each server has the same % of players who WvW made sense when the game came out. Since then the WvW players haven’t moved around randomly, they instead have moved around as a result of incentives that give rewards for playing in higher tiers. PvE players don’t move.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: YuGiOh.4906

YuGiOh.4906

It’s nice for Vabbi [EU]. We’re a low pop server, and our WvW is low aswell.

Prime time? we never have more than 20 at anyone one time.

Most of our commanders are just karma / wxp trainers. :/

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Have any evidence?

Is that you Devon ?

If you really believe this no amount of proof will change your mind, its pretty aparent to most people that Server population has very little to do with WvW participation/Population. Those of use that have spent a large amount of our time on low ranked server’s that are considered Very High realize what having outnumbered 75% of the time means.

But again, with a comment like yours, no amount of proof would help you to dislodge your head.

in WvW

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

Well Desolation is a very high server with Low wvw population and still cost 1800gems

Whats up with that Anet?

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

in WvW

Posted by: Xcom.1926

Xcom.1926

For this to do what they want…they’re looking at the wrong population. For Darkhaven, you’ll see at most times we’re very high however our WvW population would speak the contrary.

Our server, or any server with a low WvW yet a very high PvE population, will not benefit from this at all. Unfortunately, there’s no way Anet would allow us to see that.

Darkhaven has a low PvE population also. Again, there is a correlation. Not perfect but it is there.

in WvW

Posted by: NornBearPig.9814

NornBearPig.9814

Yes.

1. There is a correlation between WvW activity and total server population.

2. Total population doesn’t actually matter that much for PvEers. With guesting, they are not held hostage to a single server. With overflow, they will never see a queue nor be put in a ridiculously overloaded zone.

Total population has a MUCH bigger impact on a WvWer’s experience than it does for PvE.

in WvW

Posted by: Phoenix.3416

Phoenix.3416

WvW rank is related to population but not general server population.

Depending on when a server got fuller determines its rank, if you started off lower and had transfers you will have a higher rank than a server that started off high and never got new blood.