Do you punish bad's?

Do you punish bad's?

in WvW

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

Do you go out of your way to punish bad players in WvW?

When you see these things do you tend to focus the player to make them learn?:

1. Full Signet Thief/Warrior

2. Lich Form On Necro

3. Uplevled Ranger/Engi

4. Stumbling across a roamer doing PvE

5. Scepter Wielding Guardian

6. Level 30 or below food (I.E. Increase burning duration 5% food) Oils 3/1% Boost.

I tend to focus a few of these types of players, but normally running with commander and sticking close to group so I cant even though I want to kill all of the above.

Do you punish bad's?

in WvW

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

If I have Fear me or earth shaker ready, usually fear me is my go to, and I see a thief shadow refuge, I run right in there and do my thing. I like fear me the most since it puts them on a revieled after using a skill with a long cool down when they get feared out of the refuge.

I love shadow refuge.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

(edited by CreativeAnarchy.6324)

Do you punish bad's?

in WvW

Posted by: Bogey.5423

Bogey.5423

I run away fast, it is a plot to lull me into a false sense of security.

[Hex]

Do you punish bad's?

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

I don’t see how you would have time.. Tunnel vision players are usually the ones that go down first.

Do you punish bad's?

in WvW

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

When upleveled players attack me i usually do a /no and move a bit. If they continue attacking…their fault.

Do you punish bad's?

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

2. Lich Form On Necro

3. Uplevled Ranger/Engi

6. Level 30 or below food (I.E. Increase burning duration 5% food) Oils 3/1% Boost.

I tend to focus a few of these types of players, but normally running with commander and sticking close to group so I cant even though I want to kill all of the above.

Many of these points don’t make a player “bad”, it makes you sound like a kittenhole though.

Whispers with meat.

Do you punish bad's?

in WvW

Posted by: skinnyb.5920

skinnyb.5920

All I’m going to say is there’s nothing more delicious than a 5 signet warrior who pops all of them as he’s about to die.

Do you punish bad's?

in WvW

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

If I;m bellow level 80, I don’t care what I’m running.

Do you punish bad's?

in WvW

Posted by: Berengar.6951

Berengar.6951

If it’s red it’s dead

If I’m in a 1vx situation I’ll obviously target the uplevels first, they die faster and make the fight more manageable. Even if their damage is weak they can still CC you at a very inopportune moment.

Engineer, Thief, Mesmer, Elementalist, Guardian,Warrior, Necro
[KoM] Krewe of Misfits
[IB]Inglorious Basterdz

Do you punish bad's?

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Scepter wielding guardian probably will kick your kitten.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Do you punish bad's?

in WvW

Posted by: Dagraan.2854

Dagraan.2854

i usually avoid them so i don’t get embarrassed if i die to them.
fullproof plan

Do you punish bad's?

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

today i 1v4’d some uplvls after sniping their 5th. they had it all. 2 scepter guards, signet warrior, an engi, entering my ogre camp to pve, food….

maybe i shouldnt be happy
but i am

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Do you punish bad's?

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Brb, going to go get an eng up to 12 and then own people with it.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Do you punish bad's?

in WvW

Posted by: chefdiablo.6791

chefdiablo.6791

The more you guys hammer on “bads”, “fair weathers”, and “pugs”, the smaller your community becomes.

That goes for the people you bully from the enemy side and the people that you insult in chat all the time too.

You are not teaching anything but elitism with this thread.

Do you punish bad's?

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

I take pride in killing Thieves and Warriors.

kittens always running away, cheating death at every turn. Gives me a good feeling to drop the sudden realization on them that they can infact be killed.
Same thing with tanky Guardians. They think they are immortal sometimes.

Do you punish bad's?

in WvW

Posted by: JobCreator.1956

JobCreator.1956

The more you guys hammer on “bads”, “fair weathers”, and “pugs”, the smaller your community becomes.

That goes for the people you bully from the enemy side and the people that you insult in chat all the time too.

This. Many times this.

I play on a server where a certain “Commander” has almost daily nervous breakdowns, in which he and another player(whom I deem his lap dog), berate the players on the server, insist that the server’s failure is due to PUGs not following the tag, having “bad builds”, and then judge that only a very few players on the server are worth anything at all. It was old the first time I saw it happen, and the fact that it continues to happen baffles the mind.

Yesterday the guy even bashed his own server openly in the forums, until my sarcastic commentary(apparently) made him erase 95% of his post. It was bad, he accused players of “playing for fun” and “having jobs” which prevented the server from “being better”. Can you imagine that? Players playing a game for fun, or being gainfully employed?

The kitten mightier than the sword.

Do you punish bad's?

in WvW

Posted by: Clockradio.3257

Clockradio.3257

PERSONAL OPINION FOLLOWS

“Fair Weathers” – Absolutely nothing wrong with this group. Some people just like to get the most out of the time they play the game. If someone doesn’t have fun fighting an uphill battle, I have no issues if they choose not to play WVW. I think some people who constantly play WVW feel some sort of entitlement that they should not have to wait to play while they’re winning because they were going to play reguardless. Same goes for PVE Map Completionists. Gotta do what you gotta do to be happy with the game.

“Pugs” – Again, nothing inherently wrong with NOT wanting to join a particular guild to do WvW with. Some people just like being able to follow whoever they want, play on any map at any time, or play their way instead of being bottlenecked into a certain spec just to be in a guild.

“Bads” – This is a term I don’t personally use, simply because you don’t know the other player. Its most likely this player is new to the game or new to WVW and doesn’t really know what’s going on. There’s nothing wrong with being new. In most cases, all they need is someone to explain to them what’s going on and how to be helpful in WvW and they’ll either fall in line, or they won’t. I’m hard pressed to tell anyone how they SHOULD play the game, however I’m more than willing to tell someone how to play the game and get the rewards they want out of it.

Clockradio | [TSYM] | Sanctum of Rall
tsym.enjin.com

Do you punish bad's?

in WvW

Posted by: Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

Some of these don’t make you bad. I’ve ran a full signet warrior roaming build and I’ve shut down everyone who isn’t running a full condi build. And Lich Form can win 3v1’s easily with 5k crits on auto attack…

Do you punish bad's?

in WvW

Posted by: Clockradio.3257

Clockradio.3257

And Lich Form can win 3v1’s easily with 5k crits on auto attack…

Not to mention an addition AOE blind for necros… The problem with lich form is, it makes you bigger than a Norn which puts a HUGE target on your head. However, several necros popping it at once can be pretty darn effective. But if you’re running a group with that many necros, plague form is probably the better choice.

Clockradio | [TSYM] | Sanctum of Rall
tsym.enjin.com

Do you punish bad's?

in WvW

Posted by: Rawr.5930

Rawr.5930

Lol punish?

Really?

Meega Kweesta

Do you punish bad's?

in WvW

Posted by: Thesilentflute.8761

Thesilentflute.8761

OOO I saw a war story ill share a good one.

Today I was sitting on tc borderlands near their garrison holding the sentry and had a group of 5 sor players come to take it from me. I ran away as thieves often do. After capping the point the five sor players went to take the camp to the north from tc so I decided to follow them. When we got to the camp they ran strait in and as they started to attack the npcs I seized the opportunity and attacked a fellow thief that was at half health and downed him. At this point realizing a enemy thief was among them they all switched target to me I dodge rolled around for a moment and then fled up the watch towers ramp. Once there they continued to try to shoot me but only hit the bottom of the ramp as the npcs chipped away at there health till they were all downed (ohh it was yummy). I jumped down and stomped all but the one that had agro on the quartermaster, and took this time to do some dmg to it while it killed the downed sor player. After killing the npc I sat there capping then a necro came along. After a little of this and that the necro was down at my feet, but as I went for the stomp I was feared away. A second necro had come, and before I could do anything he had revived the downed player. At this moment the centaurs attacked saving my life and giving me the time to escape. If only I would have taken the opportunity, but blinded by my rage and bloodlust went at the wounded necro sadly in my haste I had missed that the players from the battle before had already set upon the camp and were so close behind me I could have felt their breath.

I see good ideas every day …good in theory. – Shawn Farthing
Masters in Geek Mythology
YOU ARE NOT THE INVENTOR OF WORDS!!! lol

Do you punish bad's?

in WvW

Posted by: AMP.2398

AMP.2398

Lol punish?

Really?

I guess if you take yourself way too seriously and can’t ‘punish’ others in real life without getting punched in the face… online games offer a safer alternative.

Do you punish bad's?

in WvW

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

My motto is live and lets kill those guys. As far as build specifics go, I’m not too picky. The whole goal of the devs is to make it so all of the skills are worth a spot on your utility slot, and so I won’t criticize a player for running something different from me, or running something different from the norm.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Do you punish bad's?

in WvW

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

2. Lich Form On Necro

3. Uplevled Ranger/Engi

Those post is kind of redundant. If you go out of your way to punish bad players, then you are the bad player that is off attacking some solo guy while the commander is trying to rally people to their icon..

Do you punish bad's?

in WvW

Posted by: Masterspark.2963

Masterspark.2963

Yeah, I’d rather not have uplevels in blues who can’t play their class rallying the enemy zerg in every fight. You want bad players to not have a negative effect and kitten off their good allies, go pester ANet about the rallying system or something.

Dapper Kappa [FEAR] – Sanctum of Rall
The views expressed in the above post are a load of billhooks.
Any reference to real persons are probably intentional and worthy of a libel suit.

Do you punish bad's?

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I will frequently down a clearly over matched player but not stomp them. I figure they need the combat experience and I don’t need their badges. Now if badges were worth something, I would fleece their hide into a pimp hat.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Do you punish bad's?

in WvW

Posted by: Shanks R Us.2489

Shanks R Us.2489

2. Lich Form On Necro

3. Uplevled Ranger/Engi

You don’t see me attacking you with a grammar book because of your thread title.

I would encourage you to become slightly more of a man and take that bold step away from your zerg & fight for yourself. While solo roaming, I’m not biased, I kill everyone I run into. Or try to. If I’m fighting multiple people, I do usually focus the weaker players first, just because they’re easy to get out of the way & continue on with the real players. Not because I want to ‘punish’ them.

Zane The Clever – Asuran Engineer
Roaming Video 3Roaming Video 41v7 in WvW with engineer

Do you punish bad's?

in WvW

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

I don’t think any of the things you said are really all that bad. I am glad to see people playing the game their way, trying different things, and having fun.

The only “bad” behavior I try to punish are opportunitists who over-pursue their zerg and get caught with their pants down, people trying to farm badges or spawn camp my team-mates, and thieves. Oh, how I hate me some thief….

Do you punish bad's?

in WvW

Posted by: Sitkaz.5463

Sitkaz.5463

Punish? No. I kill people who are trying to kill me. Sometimes I even attack first! Punish has nothing to do with it. :P

Happily there’s a lot of variation in builds and skill level in wvw so whether they wield a scepter or shift to lich form doesn’t make enough of a difference to stand out to me.

Do you punish bad's?

in WvW

Posted by: White Raven.4368

White Raven.4368

I use Lich Form on my Necro that just hit Legend rank.I could not care what other people think.I go with what is best for my play style and what gives me the biggest smile.If it wasn’t working I’d drop it in a heartbeat of course.

But I have stormed in under Deathshroud then nuke em with my Lich while 10 lines deep into their zerg,I have broken too many zerg’s with that thing for it to be just luck.And the funny thing is,I was the only one using it.Now I am seeing more friendly and opposition use Lich.

I think some EU Desolation commanders have seen my Lich deep in the heart of the enemy and used it as a focal point,and to make players push harder to that position.
But we have been doing so well on Desolation lately, I don’t even have to pull out an Elite anymore,the enemy zerg is either dead or scattered while I am still in Life Transfer in my Death Shroud. ;p

Desolation [LOST]Lost in Socks Guild.

Do you punish bad's?

in WvW

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Nah, I don’t care to bother to look for things that may tell me someone is “bad” therefore making them a safe target. I’m secure enough in my own abilities that I don’t need to enter a fight with an assumed predetermined outcome. It must be difficult to run around in WvW avoiding scary fights in order to target those that appear weak… difficult enough to have to post about it screaming like a whisper in the dark for like-minded souls.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Do you punish bad's?

in WvW

Posted by: TheGreatA.4192

TheGreatA.4192

Full signet warri is no longer the joke that it was.

Healing signet = very high regen which means you have to burst out the warri because in a pro-longed fight he will gain all his health back.

Dolyak signet = almost 200 toughness, activated gives a stunbreak and long stability.

Signet of stamina = increased endurance regen, removes all conditions.

Signet of rage = most warriors use it for small scale roaming.

Metsän Suojelija (guard)/Puun Halaaja (engi)/Pieni Musta Rotta (warrior)/Viher Rauha (necro)

Do you punish bad's?

in WvW

Posted by: Mammoth.1975

Mammoth.1975

I want to see you focus Azshene, (sometimes) scepter wielding guardian. Or Khalifahaze, lich necro.

If you’re not playing to win, don’t complain when you lose.

Do you punish bad's?

in WvW

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

2. Lich Form On Necro

3. Uplevled Ranger/Engi

I’ll only go out of my way to kill them when I’m PvE farming on my up-leveled Engi/Ranger, Full signet Thief or Warrior, scepter wielding guardian or lich form necro while buffing myself with cheeseburgers and level one tuning crystals.

Do you punish bad's?

in WvW

Posted by: Monsoon.2589

Monsoon.2589

Do you punish bad’s?

no but I punish people who can t write proper English. Why the ‘s? Bad’s what? his/her friends? Parents? dog? cat? what are we supposed to punish from bad?

Did you mean Bad Players? Why can t you write Bad Players? Is that a psychological condition you have? just asking…

Do you punish bad's?

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Nope. Except this one:

7. Tries to “punish 1-6” but in reality are seeking free kills.

I like to casually stroll around, doing gathering tasks. Then I pretend to not see them. At this point, they’re coming in and I’m fighting back pitifully with my staff or scepter, usually missing most of those shots. At this point, as they are so excited over getting another easy gank, I press `32111111551111cf and send them on their backs so they can enjoy a nice night view. Of course, they usually never appreciate this and send their buddies after me. And I’m still the bad, of course.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Do you punish bad's?

in WvW

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

I ignore up levels unless they attack me. They are still learning and I don’t think it’s fair to ruin their day.

People I punish:

Overly confident players
People who play gimmick builds
One trick ponies
Skill wasters/spammers
People who leave easy openings
Tunnel visioners
Oblivious players
Players with a lack of knowledge of other classes
Thieves especially thief parties
Guardians
Warriors
D/D eles
Commanders
yak Gankers
Anet staff

I personally would like a more competitive and skilled gaming environment. There is nothing I learn better from than someone beating me severely. So when given the opportunity, I will punish a lesser skilled player severely, in the hopes that they will learn something and become a better player.

Games these days allow lesser skilled players to have easier access to success/rewards and thus, they never need to grow and get better. I am not an elitist, I used to be terrible at video games. The only reason I ever got better is because older games were very unforgiving and if you didn’t learn quick you were going to have a bad time.

I’ve often have players request to join my party. On rare occasion they are nice and we share advice and information. When they are mean spirited I will troll them to no end. The best way to do this is to offer them legitimate advice on how to beat you, and then watch the next time as they don’t heed your advice and get stomped again, and again.

Also if I am playing an uplevel, and I am beating a capped level 80 player, you can expect me to humiliate them. A good /dance or flute party usually does the trick. Don’t have any uplevels currently though, time to get more character slots!

I punish anet staff because….. I don’t feel like they care about me.

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

(edited by WhiteAndMilky.2514)

Do you punish bad's?

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

I found lich form to be terrible in zergs, put it up and be focused down within 2 seconds, which pretty much left me with no decent elite to play with- so i tend to run the little beastie so I can knock down someone when not in zerg battles (in zergs he’s mainly on cooldown, having knocked one over and promptly died rushing through aoe). When I’m on my ranger if you pop into lich you become my favourite target:-).

My necro build and foods generally allow me to run through the middle of the zerg throwing down marks, then wells, then turn around and walk back through zerg stealing health and healing allies, breaking up their formations and coming out the other end at or near 100% HP.

As to the OP’s list of ‘bads’, the only ‘bad’ I see is you, for failing to appreciate that some people can sucessfully run other builds (usually designed for a purpose other than ganking people 1v1).

If I’m not needed at that time for an attack/defence I’ll frequently run at 2-3 players on my zerk LB/SB ranger and see how many I can take down, or 4-5 if on my necro, just as it helps me learn more than if I avoid the fights.

Got to say, my favourite is being attacked by a thief on my necro – if the thief is lucky he gets away before he dies, been one thief I have faced who could beat me, I took my hat off to him in another thread as he could actually really play his class well.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

Do you punish bad's?

in WvW

Posted by: Alchemist.3692

Alchemist.3692

I take pride in killing Thieves and Warriors.

kittens always running away, cheating death at every turn. Gives me a good feeling to drop the sudden realization on them that they can infact be killed.
Same thing with tanky Guardians. They think they are immortal sometimes.

This.

Thieves running away when they missed their gank chance is bad enough, but warriors. Oh man, using perma swiftness and a leap skill every 5s is ridiculous. I wish ANet would make it so that those skills require a target before it can be used. They’re extremely annoying and whenever I see “roaming” warriors I will go out of my way to destroy them because 99% of those people are running some sort of run away build. I will even let them use vengeance and try to chase me just so they can feel the annoyance of it.

ANet should really do something about those leap skills – but they wont. Instead they’ll just nerf everyone else.