Do you still feel server pride?

in WvW

Posted by: Manbear.3408

Manbear.3408

For those of us from small guilds (or no guild), server vs. server offers an opportunity for team play that we might otherwise not have a chance to enjoy, and that cooperative play engenders (or should) a sense of loyalty to the people we run with. Heck yes I’m proud of my server!

Borlis Pass Pride!

in WvW

Posted by: John Widdin.9618

John Widdin.9618

As a player on Maguuma, Yes. we have a great community with similar goals, and various means of progressing. I joined [TriM] Because they’re our server Mesmer training staple.

They really are a great bunch of guys.

Zachary ~ Mesmer/ John Widdin ~ Warrior/ Zazmataz ~ Engineer
Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

in WvW

Posted by: maloki.3527

maloki.3527

Now more than ever.

Maloki – Asura Necro/Sylvari Ele –
@Farshiverpeaks
You’re dumb. You’ll die, and you’ll leave a dumb corpse

in WvW

Posted by: loneknight.8425

loneknight.8425

Personally I prefer the term ‘community pride’. The server can change its name or merged with others, it’s the community that grows on you matters the most

The thief who did dat – Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: Goblin Beet Farmer.3045

Goblin Beet Farmer.3045

I have been on SoR since the headstart. I have to admit my server pride has declined these past couple weeks as it is not feeling like the same server.

in WvW

Posted by: NorthStar.3798

NorthStar.3798

Yup!! Go Go Go Sanctum of Rall !!

[VNG]Northstar
www.VengeanceClan.com
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Sunspots.9861

Sunspots.9861

The Tarnished Coast is a great server and I’m proud to be apart of it. I think many of the top tier servers consider their community to be the wvw guilds that frequent wvw everyday all day long, but on TC, our community really is our community…its everyone. Its a family and in as much we disagree and have strong opinions, we always come back and log in the next day or night and rally against what are pretty overwhelming odds at the moment. Better yet, anyone that didn’t feel that way had plenty of chance to jump island. Its easy to feel pride when everyone else does too.

Auburn Skies – Retired- Ranger of [PiNK]
When wvw was still fun feat. [PiNK]

in WvW

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Even when there are only five of us on a map, I support my server now more than ever when it needs support the most.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in WvW

Posted by: ElDudemeister.5108

ElDudemeister.5108

I’ve been on Dragonbrand since the first few minutes of the first beta weekend. I really like the community in WvW and I like a lot of the people I randomly run into in PvE. It’s a great server, I love it, I’m happy I’m there.

So I’d have to say that I definitely feel server pride.

And I’m very excited about the guilds that moved over for WvW throughout the past few weeks. They are good peeps and it’s awesome to have them on board. Dragonbrand is welcoming of immigrants

in WvW

Posted by: Sylosi.6503

Sylosi.6503

It is just an insignificant computer game, so the answer is no.

in WvW

Posted by: JaironKalach.4938

JaironKalach.4938

I switched to my server a scant 2 weeks ago. I probably could be considered a band waggoner, although my reason for switching is organization and attitude, more than the success that was resulting because of it.

I have much pride in my new server, and this post from another player explains why:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Maguuma-Fort-Aspenwood-Dragonbrand-25-01-2013/page/11#post1331944

I play on Maguuma
Uru Kalach (80-War)/Kalthin Leafletter (80-Rgr)/Kalfun Gai (72-Guardian)
Leader – An Unexpected Kinship (AUK)

in WvW

Posted by: Sureshot.6725

Sureshot.6725

Absolutely! Been Dragonbrand since day one through the ups and downs and never once even considered a transfer.

(edited by Sureshot.6725)

in WvW

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

I’m on Stormbluff Isle… The “fallen angel” server, I hear. :\ From what I understand, I got into World Versus World right as SI fell from grace, so I’m constantly staring at the tiny little sliver of the pie we have as we futilely push just to survive. Morale for just about everyone on the server is completely shattered. It’s hard to feel prideful when you’re so horribly outmatched.

The class is always greener on the other side.

in WvW

Posted by: Lavath.8924

Lavath.8924

I’m on Stormbluff Isle… The “fallen angel” server, I hear. :\ From what I understand, I got into World Versus World right as SI fell from grace, so I’m constantly staring at the tiny little sliver of the pie we have as we futilely push just to survive. Morale for just about everyone on the server is completely shattered. It’s hard to feel prideful when you’re so horribly outmatched.

I used to be on SBI and really loved it. When we came in third, I still loved it. Then drama happened and people fled like it had the plague. When my guild left, I figured it was time to just let the memory of the SBI I knew be just that. So, since I moved on, I don’t know if I can call it pride or loyalty or whatever… but I certainly enjoyed SBI pre-cataclisym.

Luna Acacia | Mord Sith | SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I used to be on SBI and really loved it. When we came in third, I still loved it. Then drama happened and people fled like it had the plague. When my guild left, I figured it was time to just let the memory of the SBI I knew be just that. So, since I moved on, I don’t know if I can call it pride or loyalty or whatever… but I certainly enjoyed SBI pre-cataclisym.

There’s no less pride for it now than before; arguably the opposite is true. There was no cataclysm, and there was no plague. People just left a server that started losing because other people had left before them. It’s a chain reaction that began with [WM] and continued through dozens of other guilds. Now, those of us who remain are very proud of our server, and are willing to try our hardest to ensure that it stays as competitive as possible, despite people having left it when it needed them the most.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in WvW

Lavath.8924

The WM thing is my point and was what spread the plague. I honestly think SBI could have survived, even thrived without WM but instead people just bread animosity against WM all the while saying that the sky was falling. Some folks stepped up and some folks didn’t like that. We ended up fighting ourselves then it led to apathy followed by escape pods firing.

Dunno, I guess everyone has their view of what happened. If you stuck with SBI, you have more resolve than I; even when I tried to help herd the kittens. Good luck to you.

in WvW

Posted by: Gravy.7589

Gravy.7589

I enjoy ganking former SBI members now on SOR, more specifically repeatedly wiping UL and MORD on SBI BL in our garrison last night. I want to TY you all for sacrificing you’re kittens for our happiness XD. Still lots of pride on SBI.

in WvW

Posted by: crystalpink.2487

crystalpink.2487

Extreme server pride, nope.
Slight server pride, yes, especially when people in my server are doing very well in WvW against tough battles and opponents.

Euphemia Hime (Elementalist), Pinky Pearl (Mesmer), Avicenia (Ranger), Vanille Morgana (Necromancer)
Chibi Asura San (Engineer), Hikaru Masai (Guardian), Selene Minerva (Revenant)
Guild: The Bunnies [Bun] ~ Server: Jade Quarry

in WvW

Lavath.8924

I enjoy ganking former SBI members now on SOR, more specifically repeatedly wiping UL and MORD on SBI BL in our garrison last night. I want to TY you all for sacrificing you’re kittens for our happiness XD. Still lots of pride on SBI.

At least I know I am not among the Mord members you speak of. I’ve been enjoying post procedure recovery and unable to be at my computer for any time longer than to copy mp3s to the tablet. I miss you guys.

Except for all of you who like to put a pike in my face. I don’t miss you guys quite as much.

in WvW

Posted by: Gravy.7589

Gravy.7589

We miss most of you as well. From SF to Mord and UL. GL and hope to see you all again on the battlefield tonight. Good luck in your recovery Lavath

in WvW

Lavath.8924

/tiphat and 15chars to you.

(That’s 15 bloodthirsty Chars that will crush you under the weight that is the legion)

in WvW

Posted by: Sunspots.9861

Sunspots.9861

The WM thing is my point and was what spread the plague. I honestly think SBI could have survived, even thrived without WM but instead people just bread animosity against WM all the while saying that the sky was falling. Some folks stepped up and some folks didn’t like that. We ended up fighting ourselves then it led to apathy followed by escape pods firing.

Dunno, I guess everyone has their view of what happened. If you stuck with SBI, you have more resolve than I; even when I tried to help herd the kittens. Good luck to you.

I still don’t really understand why your guild, as well as others chose to leave SBI. You guys had a guaranteed spot in T2 as far as I was concerned and probably could have rebuilt and beat SoR at some point. WM left, and you guys lost T1, but it was the second exodus that killed SBI and your guild stands primarily at the forefront of that. Everyone has to pursue their own fun, I won’t fault you there, but reality is that SbI was absolutely fine when you jumped ship.

Auburn Skies – Retired- Ranger of [PiNK]
When wvw was still fun feat. [PiNK]

in WvW

Posted by: etiolate.9185

etiolate.9185

There is no server pride at this point. Maybe in the mid-pack of servers, but free transfers lasted so long that they created a mercenary mindset that is the start of the paid transfer server mindset now.

I am somewhat curious to watch the impending fallout of burnout amongst the merc-minded, but I think the way WvWvW has been raised harms the game’s future and that does not amuse me.

Zed Zebes – SBI Mesmer

in WvW

Lavath.8924

I still don’t really understand why your guild, as well as others chose to leave SBI. You guys had a guaranteed spot in T2 as far as I was concerned and probably could have rebuilt and beat SoR at some point. WM left, and you guys lost T1, but it was the second exodus that killed SBI and your guild stands primarily at the forefront of that. Everyone has to pursue their own fun, I won’t fault you there, but reality is that SbI was absolutely fine when you jumped ship.

Feel free to PM me and I’ll give you my point of view. I say PM because this forum has enough opposing opinions spread all over it and I’d rather just explain the point of view rather than have it dismantled into something it wasn’t intended to be.

Otherwise, yeah, fun was something to do with it.

in WvW

Posted by: Lydell.8713

Lydell.8713

There is no server pride at this point. Maybe in the mid-pack of servers, but free transfers lasted so long that they created a mercenary mindset that is the start of the paid transfer server mindset now.

I am somewhat curious to watch the impending fallout of burnout amongst the merc-minded, but I think the way WvWvW has been raised harms the game’s future and that does not amuse me.

On Blackgate since headstart. And incidently, feeling server pride, all right, since every siege built, every fortification rebuilt, every heals, buffs and rezzes, every damage done to the enemy were my tiny contribution to where my server is right now.
Blackgate reprazent!

-Blackgate-

in WvW

Posted by: Metixo.5086

Metixo.5086

Oh yes, there is still a lot of server pride on Far Shiverpeaks! We are like the phoenix rising out of its ashes. Once we were a tier 1 server and then people started leaving. But we stayed, we have a solid community which we have put a lot of work into creating and it has payed off! We are rising again in the WvW ladder and we are having fun.

in WvW

Posted by: sazaw.1347

sazaw.1347

Yes. Being on JQ since head start. I love JQ and community. I have so much pride in our server the fact that our WvW is not made of super elite alliance. Everybody jump in and work together regardless of guild tag

Wrath T – Asura Necro | Don Hohenheim – Norn Guard | Bellcroxx – Human Mesmer
[DKJ] – Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: SniffyCube.6107

SniffyCube.6107

guild pride > server pride, but I’m biased

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

in WvW

Posted by: earendil.1290

earendil.1290

Too much server pride is what got the SBI community shattered.

From Wikipedia:

“In almost every list, pride (Latin, superbia), or hubris (Greek), is considered the original and most serious of the seven deadly sins, and the source of the others. It is identified as a desire to be more important or attractive than others, failing to acknowledge the good work of others, and excessive love of self (especially holding self out of proper position toward God). Dante’s definition was “love of self perverted to hatred and contempt for one’s neighbour.” In Jacob Bidermann’s medieval miracle play, Cenodoxus, pride is the deadliest of all the sins and leads directly to the damnation of the titulary famed Parisian doctor. In perhaps the best-known example, the story of Lucifer, pride (his desire to compete with God) was what caused his fall from Heaven, and his resultant transformation into Satan. In Dante’s Divine Comedy, the penitents were forced to walk with stone slabs bearing down on their backs to induce feelings of humility."

We are trying to heal the SBI community into being based not on “Server Pride” – (we are so much better than others) but on Community attachment and comfort (it feels good to play here with these people) like it was supposed to be from the start. You know – “Log on. Rock out. S…..the points”.
I can guarantee the handfull of us that logs into WvW every day are greatly enjoying every minute of it, regardless of the points.

I was sad to see our friends leave, starting with WM, and it had nothing to do with our WvW rating – but more with not having them around to play and have fun with. I truly hope they will consider guesting on SBI for some of the non-WvW events we are organizing (we are going to “invade” another server and free the Orr temples there – come wear the “Stormbluff Isle Invader” red one more time and kill scripted monsters with us). As an expat in real life, I know that there is nothing that helps you more during bad times than seeing familiar faces around you.

Anyway – I do not feel server “pride”. I do not think my server or group is “better” than another server. But I greatly enjoy playing the game with the people on my Guild and Server, PvE or WvW, and this means a lot to me.

in WvW

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

I have no server pride.

I only like to kill people and most times I wish i could kill my own server mates.

in WvW

Posted by: Erlex.4518

Erlex.4518

Server wins, everyone rejoices! Now we can….um…FIGHT THEM AGAIN!. Makes no sense lol.

Wish they would implement like a 20/10% magic find/karma/xp/coin drop buff to everyone on the first and second place team. Give people a reason to want to win, fight till the end, not just wait it out to try again the next week if they get behind.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Server wins, everyone rejoices! Now we can….um…FIGHT THEM AGAIN!. Makes no sense lol.

Wish they would implement like a 20/10% magic find/karma/xp/coin drop buff to everyone on the first and second place team. Give people a reason to want to win, fight till the end, not just wait it out to try again the next week if they get behind.

If you don’t fight for the fun, you’re not doing it right…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: MrKnieves.4162

MrKnieves.4162

“Do you still feel server pride?”

Never had, never will, even tho I have been on CD since the pre-launch, but the only reason I’ve been here is my guild. Don’t really care about virtual e-kitten pride.

Zheenn [Warrior] [Commander]| Alondra Del Mar [Thief] | Lorean Alisk [Elemental]
Rough Trade [RTGC]
Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: Vodka.3958

Vodka.3958

Now more than ever; keep up the good fight Blackgate!

Commander [ICoa] Hollywood Fiend
Primal Emperor of Imperial Coalition
imperialcoalition.enjin.com

in WvW

Posted by: Shaojack.3871

Shaojack.3871

Have not been on SoR since launch, I hopped around some and got to SoR during the YB/NS/SoR fight. The week ended with only like a 1k score difference between all servers, probably one of the best match ups I was in and been proud to be on SoR since I got here.

Brojack (80 Thief) / Shaojack(80 Warrior) / Shaokuma(80 Guardian) / Shaojax(80 Ranger)

Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Thoughts.1987

Thoughts.1987

Very much, ET fo lyfe.

TFOR – Thoughtsone – Ranger – ET – 80
Golem enthusiast

in WvW

Posted by: MRA.4758

MRA.4758

Do you still have server pride?

I am dying regularly for server Riverside [DE], since the betas.

Always have, always will.

~MRA

IGN: Peavy (Asuran Engineer)
Tyrian Intelligence Agency [TIA]
Dies for Riverside on a regular basis, since the betas

in WvW

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

It’s funny actually. I rolled on Tarnished Coast at launch because I figured the unofficial roleplay server would be in the toilet rankings and I’d have a chance to really help a server rise with a small guild.

In stead I ended up helping a server fight tooth and nail every week to hang on to its T2 spot among an amazingly diverse group of small guilds.

So yeah, I’m pretty proud to be in the TC militia, simply because it’s a proof that a collection of small groups, working together for a common goal, can actually do pretty well for themselves.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

in WvW

Posted by: kurtosis.9526

kurtosis.9526

So yeah, I’m pretty proud to be in the TC militia, simply because it’s a proof that a collection of small groups, working together for a common goal, can actually do pretty well for themselves.

TC militia is amazing. They come out and fight tooth and nail no matter what the score is, even when getting steamrolled. That heart and grit is one of the main reasons TC made it to T2.

Some other servers, when they get beat down, they start slinging blame and acrimony at their server-mates, and drama, transfers, etc. TC just rolls with it, laughs it off, and keeps on going. /salute

(edited by kurtosis.9526)

in WvW

Posted by: Katannah.5648

Katannah.5648

More now than ever. Out-manned, outgunned, and rebuilding – this afternoon I led people who were stepping on the battlefield for the first time, but were determined to give back to the guilds who have stayed by learning to be part of that battle. You know a community is worth fighting for when you’re having so much fun seeing people develop tactical skills and pride in their small victories (a supply camp here, a CD trebuchet or 3 there ) that you wish you didn’t have to log off to feed your family, sleep, or go to work.

I regret that good people left. I regret that the holidays and other concerns made many of us scarce, so that good people felt abandoned and undervalued on both sides of “The Exodus”™. I regret that without the exodus, when February rolled around and everyone was settled back into normal routines, we likely would have seen some amazing matchups.

But the one thing I don’t regret is staying on SBI.

Anaro Malcom | Keesa of Rival [RvL]
SBI’s Thursday Night Fights & Roller Skating MC

in WvW

Posted by: KStudios.2850

KStudios.2850

I’d say so, yeah. Ebay has been great to our small guild and I, and while we’re certainly not regulars to WvW or anything (our family oriented guild having only a lil over 100 members and only a handful of those already meager ranks active in WvW), we have made a niche for ourselves. Seems we’re forever the underdogs half the time, which again is prefectly fine with me. As that just means that every person in server that joins makes that much more a difference.

Yumiko Togashii
Commander to [SLVR], Housepet to [GH]

in WvW

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

100 members for me is a really big guild ^^ We are currently at 57, containing multiaccounts, honorary members and inactive ones ^^

That said, i’m still very proud for having stayed on MS after all those lows we had in former times. Guilds left us, tried to taint our guilds and servers name, but we still stand proud and fight in every circumstance. That’s why i love my guild, my server and the people playing here.

Und using 7 catapults to take a wooden tower isn’t overkill…it’s intimidation ^^