Do you use infused rings and backpack?

in WvW

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

Hey all. Just wanted to ask how important you felt it is to use infused rings and backpack in WvW for roaming and zerging.

I checked the prices and its not really cheap and you need to do PvE fractals to get them…

Are the extra stats worth it?
Does it just make you feel good or does it actually matter in combat?

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

I’m using my slots solely for fractals AR infusions. However to get 1 extra slot is quite cheap, all you need is like 50silver and you are set.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

Never used them- don’t even know how to do it- something to do with pve I guess?

Don’t make any real difference in combat when someone dumps huge stacks of conditions on you in a micro second having hit you from stealth with a condi bomb whilst rooting you to the spot so his necro friend unloads on you too, that extra 20hp will save you for 0.001 seconds…

Roaming is pants now- you will generally be attacked from stealth by 3-4 (or more) and as they are also the most mobile class you’ve pretty much had it.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

In short, if you have the spare laurels and badges, its worth getting the +5 stat/ +1% damage against guards or -1% damage from guards.
A full set of ascended with fully attuned/infused pieces can grant +90 to your chosen stat(s) and +18%/-18% damage against/from guards, lords and suchlike. It’s almost like running without utility food.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Hey all. Just wanted to ask how important you felt it is to use infused rings and backpack in WvW for roaming and zerging.

I checked the prices and its not really cheap and you need to do PvE fractals to get them…

Are the extra stats worth it?
Does it just make you feel good or does it actually matter in combat?

Some players do. Some players don’t.

You should load up gw2 build editor and determine for yourself if an extra 15 points of infusions are worth infusing 3 pieces of gear for, instead of looking for subjective responses.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

It really is worth it for the +% guard damage. +5% damage and +25 power (1 free might stack)

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Nope, just attuned rings. Was never a big fan of fractals.

I do suggest trying to get them attuned though if you are willing to spend time getting fractal mastery. It doesn’t require actual fractals; I think it’s only 1 central tyria point.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: Gideon.6742

Gideon.6742

hes talking the double infusions not just ascended with the single infusion. its 15 extra stats

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

hes talking the double infusions not just ascended with the single infusion. its 15 extra stats

So why is op linking threads about exotic vs ascended?

in WvW

Posted by: Gideon.6742

Gideon.6742

Oh maybe he even confused me lol. Ascended rings are cheap. anyway the only way to get the double infusions is in fractals so I dunno.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

You can get 3 slots in total on rings, one doesnt even require to play fractals. Just hop in, buy an item and throw it in the toilet with some other stuff.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

attuned – worth it since it is so cheap to attune a ring. It is also a way to use 2 unique rings that are the same. Attune 1 and don’t attune the other.
infused – If you do alot of fractals and have the mist essences just sitting there than maybe, but then you would want AR for the fractals I would think. ie I wouldn’t go out of my way to do fractals just to infuse rings for wvw……

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: Jugglemonkey.8741

Jugglemonkey.8741

Depends on what you play. I like that extra 90 power for my silly glassy build, means I don’t have to go full zerk (only mostly zerk instead) to get 3k power so I still have 16-17k health as well. Might not be as worth it for a frontline class though, so you’d have to see.

To be honest though, what else are you going to do with laurels etc? After a certain point you just end up with stacks of them, might as well do something with them.

Critical Kit, Thief.
Don’t follow me, unless you enjoy being chased by angry men with sticks.
Power Build Condi Build

in WvW

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

i use them on my tablet rev build because of the trait that round off everything by 100 other then that i really look at them : ).

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

My rings are Attuned and infused, backpack infused, +5 stat WvW infusions in everything including armor, weapons, earings. and Aquabreather.

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

The way I see it – the extra +90 stat allocated is basically a piece of food, the more damage the better?

I recommend utilising your laurels for the WvW infusions due to also doing +1% damage to lords/supervisors etc per infusion.

in WvW

Posted by: Malerian.8435

Malerian.8435

It gives a decent boost. Not a ton mind you, but every bit helps imo.

in WvW

Posted by: Threather.9354

Threather.9354

Yes it matters and a lot, however good luck having enough laurels to get infusions on all characters and builds that you play with. id just stick with infusing the things that you use the most first, for example trinkets are easy to swap if you want different stats, so you want to infuse your armor first. Weapon too on 1-weapon classes.

Diamond Rank Copyrights [CR]
EU Roamer, Dueler, Commander, Fighter, Scout

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Yes it matters and a lot, however good luck having enough laurels to get infusions on all characters and builds that you play with. id just stick with infusing the things that you use the most first, for example trinkets are easy to swap if you want different stats, so you want to infuse your armor first. Weapon too on 1-weapon classes.

think the OP meant adding infusion / attunement for extra slots not filling the existing slots…. that is ring and BP only as far as I know.

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

I would say even if you don’t like fractals but you have the time you should do it. I don’t like fractals and I don’t have the time so I only have one extra slot on my rings and one old zerk backpack with an extra slot which I’d like to change to stats on.

Kash
NSP

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

I do because I couldn’t have capped out the maximum possible amount of damage thief can deal without doing so.

On every other character, I’ve just bought WvW ones. It’s very, very rare, but sometimes the 300 HP on armor will keep you alive, or your damage numbers may be just barely enough to nab a kill.