Does SoR have ANY organization?

in WvW

Posted by: RedJustice.1548

RedJustice.1548

Can someone kindly direct me to where I might find out wth is going on in SoR Wv3?

A week ago I transferred form SBI where things like this happened:

1. Only one or two commanders wearing their tags at a time, clearly communicating their goals to people for divide and conquer tactics.
2. Commanders would cycle out who was wearing the tag so as not to confuse people and give each other a break.
3. People didn’t throw down random siege like easter eggs in their backyard. The commander put one out or asked for it.
4. When you zerged around, it was with a purpose, and we actually went and did stuff.
5. Community TeamSpeak that was friendly and business like for casuals to join in. Commanders mostly did all the talking, and it was easy to follow what was happening.

Okay, maybe I’m on at the wrong time, or maybe I don’t understand SoR’s protocol yet, but seriously?

1. Usually 3-5 tags on at once, without any suggestion that they are communicating with each other, let alone the rest of us.
2.People wear their commander tag constantly, even when afk at spawn, causing confusion.
3. Siege EVERYWHERE. What’s worse, people put supply into that random kitten.
4. When we go to attack something… no one puts down siege! Because apparently no one is actually leading this train.
5. Every single evening except one (thanks Ethan), has been a gigantic waste of time, because the commanders aren’t doing anything. We basically run back and forth in circles, not even taking supply caravans and sentries.

Can someone explain SoR protocols and organization to me please? I kind of want to pay another 60 gold to transfer back. -.- Thanks. <3

in WvW

RedJustice.1548

This is not a troll post, I am dead serious. I haven’t figured out where these voice channels or whatever else they are using are.

Rall may have the best community idk, because no one is doing a very good job at communicating anything in the past week I’ve been on.

I am usually on between 8 pm and 2 am eastern, but at varied times in that span. I don’t think this is a bad time cause there are usually tons of people, but there is a lot of sitting around, so idk.

in WvW

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

Best be logging into TS. You can whisper indo for it or a known commander for the TS information. Primetime usually starts 4 PST, and thats when guilds like FEAR, Choo, TW, HL, Tysm(sorry if I didn’t mention others. I had to keep it short so I picked the largest guilds off the top of my head) run on a borderland and becomes very organized. One thing I think we need improvement on is that our commanders communicate in TS, and rarely type in map chat, so if you aren’t in TS, you are going to miss out. Euro time SoR has almost nobody on and the timezone between NA and oceanic is very hectic. The most important thing you need to do is come into TS because that is where all the organization takes place. If you need help whisper me in game during NA primetime and I can help you out getting started. Hope this helps!

in WvW

Posted by: Avenge.1478

Avenge.1478

If you’re not on TeamSpeak, you’ll have no idea whats going on. Theres always a method to the madness.

~ [DN] Digital Nemesis ~ Tarnished Coast ~
Commander Guardian of Rall :: Norn Guardian
Commander Getting Hammered :: Charr Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Orion.9075

Orion.9075

Yeah, it’s pretty much TS or bust. It will seem a lot more organized if you get into TS. You can always enter WvW and ask in Team chat for the server. Also, the time you mentioned is usually somewhere when NA (our best time) is getting off. As far as random people with tags, this happens, because we do have some troll commanders. You’ll learn after a day or 2 not to follow some commanders (like Phantasmal employee).

in WvW

Posted by: Fannwong.3059

Fannwong.3059

Hello RedJustice,

I was formerly SBI, went KN and now I am in SOR.There are always folks in TS if you want to coordinate during NA, Oceanic and Asian time zones. SOR TS is the 2nd most used server in NA, and most of the commanders coordinate in there.

During Oceanic and Asian time we are outmanned vs BG/JQ and we have a few forces bouncing maps. They will be in TS, probably in a bounce channel. Welcome to SOR.

FW

Can someone kindly direct me to where I might find out wth is going on in SoR Wv3?

A week ago I transferred form SBI where things like this happened:

[SoX] – JQ

(edited by Fannwong.3059)

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Really scratchin my head here..

I keep ramming this here worm thing, ain’t nobody gonna come command in the JP?

in WvW

RedJustice.1548

Thank you to all the nice people who explained what’s going on. SBI had a teamspeak, but people had a lot more chat communication too (and people were constantly posting the teamspeak server for people to hop into so you couldn’t miss it).

Also, sorry to hear about the troll commanders. Maybe that was less a problem cause SBI wasn’t as high tier server as you.

I will join you there and look forwards to a much better time.

in WvW

Posted by: Ghedoriah.4290

Ghedoriah.4290

SBI used to be T1. O_o

Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Also, some weeks are different from others. SoR’s militia is, generally speaking, very good. However the recent changes to arrow carts have really altered the game, and as such, ushered in a whole lot of trouble and confusion for your PuGgle forces. Especially given the fact SoR faces two ultra stacked enemy servers right now.

So yeah, give it a chance. There’s a lot of enjoyment in the underdog position (though NA time you won’t notice it on the field).

in WvW

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

how long have you been with SoR now? a big welcome to you regardless. : )) but yes, as many have said, get on TS and hopefully things will make more sense to you. and of course, there’s a different commander for everyone. so find out who you enjoy running alongside or suits your style and stick with ’em. but do give everyone a chance.

also, are you with any guild? sometimes that helps and can make a big difference as well in terms of being part of more organized warfare.

: )) good luck and enjoy.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall