Does WTFast work for you in WvWvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Q:

I get ping down from 230 to 190-200. I live in asia. For the best results how should i setup wtfast for WvW? I am using fiber optics.

I just started using it last week.

Your tips would be very much appreciated

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

Didn’t work for me.

in WvW

Fuzzion.2504

Yeah it doesnt feel like the 20 to 30ms is worth 10 bucks a month

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]

in WvW

Posted by: TroniXx.8513

TroniXx.8513

Yes, it does.

Even though my ping was only reduced from 50 to 30ms, it completely removed lags and skill delays, even in really big zergfights.

Sad that i have to use an additional program in order to play gw2 as intended.
Game is unplayable without WTFast for me.

in WvW

Posted by: DevilishLyx.2340

DevilishLyx.2340

lol apparently it can also accidentally get you banned :P

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Banned-for-gold-selling-what-the-hell

in WvW

Fuzzion.2504

Yes, it does.

Even though my ping was only reduced from 50 to 30ms, it completely removed lags and skill delays, even in really big zergfights.

Sad that i have to use an additional program in order to play gw2 as intended.
Game is unplayable without WTFast for me.

• What server are u connecting to? Is texas LV1 the best? I feel like connecting to a LA server rather than a TX server seems to reduce ping better.
  • for zerg fights, i find that i can now detect incoming zergs earlier by way of lag than without. Is that how NA players playing on NA feel as well?
  • I saw that so i posted here as well asking about wtfast. I heard they unbanned the accounts?
Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]

in WvW

Posted by: godofcows.2451

godofcows.2451

i live in southeast asia (philippines) and have used wtfast before. yes it does work for me but then when the internet service provider is really bad for the day (throttling happens here alot), then even a vpn won’t be able to do anything about it. just a warning though, you might actually get some rubberbanding from time to to time on wtfast. could be a side effect of the vpn making the game run through udp when it’s natively tcp.

for it’s best hop results though, you might want to take a number of tests running on a server that’s near gw2 servers or running one that’s nearer to you depending on how bad your isp’s hops to us or eu are. for my experience, i found out in contrast to it’s auto detect feature(back then, not sure now. back then was obviously all about geo location)that i would get better results linking to hk or sg and letting the vpn manage all my hops to eu from there as my provider’s hops to hk and sg are good in contrast to to it’s hops from my location to eu.

(edited by godofcows.2451)

in WvW

Posted by: TroniXx.8513

TroniXx.8513

What server are u connecting to? Is texas LV1 the best? I feel like connecting to a LA server rather than a TX server seems to reduce ping better.

Dunno.
It automatically connects to the the server with the lowest ping.

I play on EU.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

• for zerg fights, i find that i can now detect incoming zergs earlier by way of lag than without. Is that how NA players playing on NA feel as well?

Yes. (West coast USA).