Does anyone else get bored of WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Lyndis.2584

Lyndis.2584

I used to literally play this game just for WvW, as nothing else really clicked for me, but even that’s getting stale. Anyone else? :/

Always feels like the same thing – either you’re getting demolished or demolishing. Also it doesn’t feel like I’m working towards anything that motivates me to keep playing the game. Even if you win the WvW matchup…what’s the point? And in most cases, the matchup is decided literally on the day or the day after the reset is done. There are no great comebacks, or some great, pitched battles that might turn the tide of the fight or score. The adrenaline rush in these fights just aren’t there anymore.

.:: FaTe ~ [SoS] ::.

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Yes, I am bored too.
When we lost matchup we fight then much higher server. When we won, we fight Vabbi and FoW.
Masteries are not enought to hold me ingame with other broken mechanics like commander system, 5-man group and others.

in WvW

Posted by: Pure Heart.1456

Pure Heart.1456

There needs to be some sense of ‘permanency’ for all the effort that you go to.
Without this, it gets as you say—pointless, when everything just resets.

There needs to be some permanent or semi-permanent reward and further utility for success—and something completely separate to achievement points.

in WvW

Posted by: meep.2601

meep.2601

@ op – apparently you didnt get the memo about the groundbreaking SUPPLY MASTERY they are adding in the next patch!!!

it will be a breath of fresh air and will completely revitalize this current stale gameplay

oh whats that? you dont like supply mastery?

dont worry, 2 weeks after that they are adding PvE mastery which should really shake things up

in WvW

Posted by: Opc.4718

Opc.4718

At some point, you realise the matchup is a terrible system and there’s just no point in participating in the point capping numbers game. So you play wvw to have fun, not to win. What my guild has been doing is capping the SW tower of an enemy BL every night, then sieging it up to allow us to hold it for hours on end. We then invite the zergs to hit us by trebbing bay from the tower. If they ever break through, we have a wiping plan set in place and we practise mad pvp skills. All this can be done with 5 players or less, and we dance around zergs 5 times our size. Even though AR has now hit the rock bottom place and is currently getting smashed, we still have immense fun in wvw this way, and we get an even better sense of achievement. Plus, AR always leads in points while we’re on so that’s a victory right there

Kehlirixx Q | Nixx Q | Classic Bunker

(edited by Opc.4718)

in WvW

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

I got bored of pve a while ago, and had been playing only WvW. For a while I gave up RL for this game. But now I got to say I am indeed suffering from a mix of boredom and burnt out, and RL (social dancing, comedy clubs, drinking, theatre, etc) is slowly taking over again. I guess I just need a break.

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

(edited by CHIPS.6018)

in WvW

Hule.8794

@Opc that is a really good idea. Unfortunatelly we mostly play agains servers with 3x or 4x more players. 5 man really cannot hold tower against 50.
We will see about today reset.

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

only get bored when matches are severely imbalanced… this is about the first week fc has had an extraordinarily bad matchup in a while

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

I get bored sometimes. Then I do something else. Then I come back later.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

in WvW

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

I used to be a fervid WvW player, but noticed that the last months I’m more and more away from WvW and doing that PvE stuff (Living story), just beacuse ANet made it imperative to get Achievement Points for reward chests

Any WvW player will agree: The AP you can get in WvW is.. yeah.. just kittening sad..
(8 months of WvW means as much AP as one PvE carnival)

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

in WvW

Posted by: Morphman.6312

Morphman.6312

Nothing is forcing you to stay. When I get bored of wvw, I play something else for a while and then come back and my love for wvw is restored for a short while

in WvW

Posted by: MarkusParkus.8467

MarkusParkus.8467

zerging and skill lag gets very stale after this amount of time, I spend most of my time in Tpvp now and only go into wvw to lead a guild event or roaming parties with a few friends.

Furious Scumbag, Raging Scumbag & Geologist Greywind
[NOX] & [Coma] – Gunnar’s Hold.

in WvW

Posted by: White Raven.4368

White Raven.4368

I started out playing WvW and personal story at launch.And then left WvW for many months, and came back to WvW since the last major update and loving WvW again.

I do not focus on the big picture,but the battles we experience.Or even just being part of a dedicated, low rewarded part of the GW2 community, and helping out anyway I can.

Desolation [LOST]Lost in Socks Guild.

in WvW

Posted by: Angewaire.6319

Angewaire.6319

02.VIII- from 9 am until now- 14 PM i was running on my Piken map, protecting dollies, making upgrades, building sieges or clashing with opponents – bots sides were equal in numbers- about 30+
Its 14.37 and i quit.
A blob from Blobbadon sever of 60+ players appear, destroying in 10 minutes (TEN MIN’S!!! -full run from Arah→ Garrison→Titan and so on) all machines, all towers, garrison, recapping T2 camps we tried to build and maintain since morning.
What to say? ENOUGH OF THIS! I will play W3 no more on these conditions, thus spent no more gold and gems just to watch all my efforts LIE IN RUIN because of FAILED GAME MECHANICS.
GW2 is on its best way to land in my trash can.

Piken Square
Necro 80 W3
Engii 80 PvE

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

WvW is dying, largely in part because it has reached its life expectancy without new content.

Mechanics (looking at you AoE cap), zergs, stacking in higher tiers, server transfers (mass exodus), terrible matchups that kill fair-weather player bases in lower pop servers, all of these things are slowly corroding the WvW-aspect as well.

Most of the “WvW is dying” talk/panic is coming from folks that have played since launch, and also are WvW 100%. People that argue to the contrary likely have not played 100% WvW since launch. (IE: they are newer players, or play sPVP/PVE as well).

You would have to be a die-hard to have played WvW solely for a year and think there is still huge amounts of fun to be had. It just really needs to be re-worked in some areas, and have new content added (a must have).

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

Bored? Absolutely.
Same thing for a year with only more pve kittene being added & pathetic balance in this game.

Who wouldn`t be?

It`s weird, I could sit in WSG, AB, EotS & even AV that loads hated, for 3-4+ years & still not get bored.
Even Wintergrasp.
Not the cata pvp map though /cringe.

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

(edited by Fishbait.6723)

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Well yes I get bored. I switch to another character. Then is seems like a different game almost.

And I have played almost only WvW since launch and there is great fun to be had. I mean I agree, we need some new content and some changes but I still love jumping in to WvW.

Of course, I’m on a middle tier so we have varied matchups. And I may be different than most in that I enjoy being the weaker server in a match, fighting the tough fight, being up against rediculous odds.

Last week was the first time we have won a match in I don’t even know how long – six months probably. And that was when we dropped down a tier and were destroying our competition – now that was boring. Nothing worse than rotflmao stomping and not having a challenge. I guess I’ve been lucky.

in WvW

Posted by: jalmari.3906

jalmari.3906

mindlessly zerg all day long and bash doors = rewards

hone your personal skills and do some fun stuff or die trying = no rewards

go figure how someone might get bored.

i’ve currently kept running into thief/mesmer GROUPS while solo roaming so i guess it’s really time to give less time to wvw or gw2 in general. maybe next year we get some balance patch.

Guardian 80 Necromancer 80 Ranger 80 Mesmer 80 Elementalist 80 Warrior 80

in WvW

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

I love WvW but I know what you mean…

I think Anet will after bring some new content out for WvW or mix it up in some way soon…at the moment they have just got into a rut of just bringing out a new passive skill per month for Wxp and that’s it…

Need something more over next 4 months or so remaining of this year…

in WvW

Hule.8794

Not soon, definitelly not soon. I think maybe december will bring some update to WvW different than masteries. But it will be just too late.
because WvW players will be already gone and those PvE players will not come to WvW when there is no good commander or wvw guild to join.

in WvW

Posted by: bmabrey.7859

bmabrey.7859

In general, when I get bored with something, I do something else.

in WvW

Posted by: Gandalf The Grey.1058

Gandalf The Grey.1058

Most of the BEST players are gone because this game is STALE. Anet doesn’t communicate nor do they give us ANY hope of things improving while the kitten pver’s get all the crap they want. It really comes down to MONEY. Plus, this game is called GUILD WARS. And there HASN’T been ANY word of a GvG system.

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Ofcourse.

Lets take a simple look at WvW. What has actually been added in a year? Passive masteries, that sometimes add an active ability, and 2 traps that are utterly impotent.

Other then thakittens the same maps, with the same siege, with the same lack of interesting player rewards/progression.

I think they underestimated how popular WvW would be, their mistake i suppose seemed obvious enough to me. And since they realized theyve spend most of their time working on making “platforms” upon which they can expand and add new content.

in WvW

Posted by: Laii.2780

Laii.2780

@ op – apparently you didnt get the memo about the groundbreaking SUPPLY MASTERY they are adding in the next patch!!!

it will be a breath of fresh air and will completely revitalize this current stale gameplay

oh whats that? you dont like supply mastery?

dont worry, 2 weeks after that they are adding PvE mastery which should really shake things up

“Chance to get supply back when you use it”

ermhagawd, its like i jus have uspply fallin out of maaah poockekeetts poof

@OP: Only thing that makes WvW fun, is the people you play with, and play against. Beeing in, or fighting against an organized guild group/havok is what’s fun.^^ Anet has added absolutely nothing to WvW sense it started, so things are feeling pretty dead. There are times even in T1 when there is literally no zerg or guild grups in EBG from any server, or ques on any map.

((and even when there is like 300+ ppl all squeezed into one BL or EBG and they’re all fighting, some of the most fun and skill demanding fights are ruined by lag =/))

Hopefully they’ll fix that sometime between now and 2014, or maybe 2015 if they aren’t so lucky~

[CERN] ~ WAR/Necro^ O ^)/!

in WvW

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

Yep i am starting to get bored of WvW and considering it’s all that encourages me to log-in each day my future with gw2 is looking bleak.

The match-up system is utter bullkitten…..week after week after week after week.

in WvW

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

Start solo/small group roaming, participating in bunch of duels whether that is 1v1, 2v2 or even gvg. It is a whole lot more fun than rolling with the zerg all the time. Plus you will acquire a specific set of pvp skills.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

in WvW

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

Gameplay wise, this game is a joke

Warhammer Online offered better gameplay with 2 factions.

At least in that game if you were outnumbered by large amounts, you could still wipe the zerg.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in WvW

Opc.4718

At least in that game if you were outnumbered by large amounts, you could still wipe the zerg.

Just continuing from my previous post, here’s a video of us in the SW doing exactly what I described – owning a zerg that vastly outnumbers us.

Keep in mind we are from AR, the last place server, and we’re still having immense fun. There are several viable strategies to take on a force larger than you, and the fun comes from finding the one that works for you

(edited by Opc.4718)

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

I have had tons of fun doing 5 man roaming in WvW… up until my server got put into the T1 matchups. Zergballs and lag everywhere. 5v30 and people still toss down open field ac’s against us (lol). I’ve seen more people run from 1vX to zergs/into keeps to use siege (etc.) in T1 than I have in any other tier. Not saying that I haven’t had fun moments, but it’s far less fun than T2 or back when we were T3. I really hope they figure some things out to make it less desirable to just ball up into a hurr durr zerg.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in WvW

Posted by: vladAnco.8304

vladAnco.8304

Yes i bored, i wanna see all nick names of my enemies or having a general chat between all players coz i want to read all the pain which is felt by my enemies and to laugh xD

in WvW

Posted by: Niko.8901

Niko.8901

We need some new wvw maps and some new objectives.

Otto Maggic ~Toasty
(sorry, I don’t give much wxp)

in WvW

Posted by: Sitkaz.5463

Sitkaz.5463

Come to Blacktide. We’ve been waking up the past few weeks and I think good things are to come. You won’t be bored.

in WvW

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

We need some new wvw maps and some new objectives.

Agreed. Since the opposition in each tier change colors regardless of prior weeks standings, a map change would do wonders to allow a unique feel for playing as Red, Green, or Blue. Each color should have it’s own advantages and disadvantages in terms of terrain and structure layouts.

in WvW

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

When i log into WvW, i want to play it! But after 5 minutes of playing i notice the server is already lagging.. and then die because none of the skills work..

I res at the waypoint, and alt+F4 the game..

If i knew this when i bought the game, i would never bought it.

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

in WvW

Posted by: Wemil.7052

Wemil.7052

bored of WvW?

well you choice the wrong server^^

where I play you are never bored everytime is chaotic lots of raids lots of funny drama<3 many laughs in teamspeak.

in WvW

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

Just continuing from my previous post, here’s a video of us in the SW doing exactly what I described – owning a zerg that vastly outnumbers us.

Keep in mind we are from AR, the last place server, and we’re still having immense fun. There are several viable strategies to take on a force larger than you, and the fun comes from finding the one that works for you

A. that was a small zerg right up until the end, when they ran you out of the tower.

B. Do you know how you actually killed those people? There was a guy 2 feet from you sitting on a building firing an Arrow Cart on top of them.. That is how…

C. You managed some kills, but cause of things like the Down system, rezzing ect ect, you just lost the objective.. If this was Warhammer or DAOC, you could of just wiped them and kept the objective, Instead you got ran off by 20 people.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in WvW

Posted by: Elman.7382

Elman.7382

Agree 100% with op

in WvW

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

I used to literally play this game just for WvW, as nothing else really clicked for me, but even that’s getting stale. Anyone else? :/

You have the symptoms of what the gaming community calls, “Burn Out”. Go take a break, GW2 is not going anywhere.

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Yes i bored, i wanna see all nick names of my enemies or having a general chat between all players coz i want to read all the pain which is felt by my enemies and to laugh xD

God please no. BG would never shut up, and SoR players would die of laughter.

in WvW

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

Nope, just get bored w/ the kittenty stealth mechanics.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in WvW

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

I only get bored of WvW when the other servers in the match up give up and run away all the time.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

in WvW

Posted by: Faelaan.4681

Faelaan.4681

WvW needs new maps… Just dump the ones we have now and give us new maps. Or at least add maps… Give us a map that is fairly flat with no objectives in it… Call it the GvG map.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I don’t get bored but WvW isn’t very exciting these days either. Not sure how to change it since a lot of the problems are pretty fundamental to the design. At least for me, I have gotten my monies worth. $50 for 1k+ hours of fun WvW is a pretty good deal… cheaper than cable or a movie.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Chorazin.4107

Chorazin.4107

No character progression, no new shinies.

In DAoC you had the RR to aspire to, and pick up cool new powerful abilities(on very long timers) you could use. In WAR you had the armours as you increased in ranks, in this you have ……….. masteries. Yesssss i can carry more supply :|

Skins and PvE bonuses(masteries) may do it for some people but certainly not for me.

Chorazin
[lion]~ riperonis
[tRex]

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

In DAoC you had the RR to aspire to, and pick up cool new powerful abilities(on very long timers) you could use. In WAR you had the armours as you increased in ranks, in this you have ……….. masteries. Yesssss i can carry more supply :|

Skins and PvE bonuses(masteries) may do it for some people but certainly not for me.

Some more WvW rewards outside of masteries would be a welcome change. I’m against giving more power just for having plaid longer though… I don’t like that you can already get more vit/power/cond dmg and stronger siege abilities for playing longer. I like having more balanced fights. I would much prefer more skins/fixed achievements/gold (even up the PvE Vs. WvW rewards).

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in WvW

Posted by: yesfourme.8906

yesfourme.8906

Arenet need to make a few extra maps and do a random rotation between them. If it is too hard, then at least make the structure random in design.

in WvW

Posted by: Arthxaiz.5947

Arthxaiz.5947

I’m bored too, and its becoming more often.
Regardless of winning or losing…I’m not having much fun as I used too.
Feel like WvW needs some fresh content, not just a new map…cuz that map will get old fast.

in WvW

Posted by: Deadcell.9052

Deadcell.9052

WvW has definitely lost its luster, with the current zerg ball meta in place its knock down a door, then knockdown another door, run around a little bit then knock down the same door you just knocked down 10minutes ago, zerg ball into another zergball for some bags to cover cost of knocking down doors, rinse and repeat. WvW is in desperate need of spicing up, I would personally love to see some Living World stuff applied into the borderlands just to give everyone something different to fight for.

in WvW

Opc.4718

A. that was a small zerg right up until the end, when they ran you out of the tower.

B. Do you know how you actually killed those people? There was a guy 2 feet from you sitting on a building firing an Arrow Cart on top of them.. That is how…

C. You managed some kills, but cause of things like the Down system, rezzing ect ect, you just lost the objective.. If this was Warhammer or DAOC, you could of just wiped them and kept the objective, Instead you got ran off by 20 people.

We started recording half way through, there was a ton of dead bodies earlier who WP’d. The group you see at the end was the one we wiped earlier who then ran back from an uncontested bay, which was an oversight on our part. There’s a trick to using siege as well, a competent assaulting team who can rush you will be able to overwhelm your siege, or even just take out the siege from below. We had counter measures to stop that up until the camp trebber finally grew wise and countered our counter measures. We attempted a constant rotation of ring/line of wardings + boon corrupts and null fields to stop people with stability from charging up SO we can pin them down with siege fire.

Siege is an integral part of wvw just like combo fields and rallies which you can’t ignore, the game mechanics are right there and you just have to take advantage of it whether you’re the one attacking or defending. There’s always a way to do that, and it adds to the complexity of the experience. Killing those people with ACs would not have been possible if we didn’t coordinate below to keep them pinned. You can’t say it doesn’t count just because you don’t like it.

In any case, all I’m trying to show is thakittens still possible to take on people outnumbered, and have a ton of fun doing it which was the whole point of the thing. We consider it a victory in the end because it took them 3 wipes before they could get it, and most of us got out safely in the end. We all had a great laugh, and that’s money well spent.

(edited by Opc.4718)

in WvW

Posted by: Chorazin.4107

Chorazin.4107

Some more WvW rewards outside of masteries would be a welcome change. I’m against giving more power just for having plaid longer though… I don’t like that you can already get more vit/power/cond dmg and stronger siege abilities for playing longer. I like having more balanced fights. I would much prefer more skins/fixed achievements/gold (even up the PvE Vs. WvW rewards).

I dont see a problem with giving more powers to chars that have played longer. I really only play on weekends, i kind of expect that guy that plays every day for 8 hours to have a lot of powers he has built up. But thats fine because as you increase in rank you will be accruing powers more slowly as they will cost more to invest in. Whereas those low rank guys(me) will be able to buy up cool stuff pretty quickly as i will accrue ranks with a lot more alacrity.

I would concede in sPvP, no, no abilities but then that is a balanced system to begin with. In WvW there is no Parity, some side will out number the other.

Chorazin
[lion]~ riperonis
[tRex]