Does the downed mechanic have a place in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Moleless.1462

Moleless.1462

I myself don’t believe that it does, at least not in its current state. There are a number of reasons for this, which I’ll go into. Firstly, the downed abilities that some classes have are just plain stupid in a PvP setting. Ele’s for example, can suicide in front of their own gate with pretty much no consequences due to mist form. If you can manage to jump down, take on a zerg building rams, then pop mist form BEFORE they manage to kill you, then sure, that’s fair game, but I really don’t think it should be possible to jump down, lay off a crapload of CC and damage, inevitably get killed, and then be able to float back through the door like nothing happened. There’s no risk at all in what should be a high risk scenario. Thief/mesmer downed abilities speak for themselves, and I’ll go into why i think they are broken.
It can make smaller skirmishes extremely unbalanced. Now i know class balance wasn’t entirely considered in WvW, however I really do think it’s stupid that a majority of smaller fights are decided on which classes have the best downed states. Let’s say there’s a 3v3. On one side, there is an ele a thief and a mesmer, on the other is a necro gaurdian and warrior. We will call them team A and team B. Team B is the obviously better skilled, they are all guildies and they work well together, Team A is good as well, but they just aren’t a match for the strength and organisation of team B. Even if Team B are obviously winning the battle, and manage to down each player twice, it’s still unlikely they will end up winning the fight, as it usually takes a good 10 seconds to pin down and finish an ele/thief/mesmer, as opposed to the 2 seconds it takes to finish off any other class. This coupled with the fact that you can rez an ally in 3-4 seconds makes it almost impossible to win against such a trio who are actively rezzing their team mates. This makes it so team B will often have to down their oppenants multiple times before they can actually kill them, whereis for team A it is much easier to just pop thier finisher and end it. Now team B didn’t lose this because they were the weaker fighters, they lost it because team A had superior escaping abilities AFTER THEY WERE ALREADY DEAD. I would love to hear an argument as to why this should be a factor in fights.
Another thing that the downed mechanic ruins for me, and can make almost impossible, is 1vX. Any class attempting to fight more than one of the classes mentioned above will have an EXTREMELY tough time. Of course, it shouldn’t be easy fighting multiple opponents solo, but the fact you have to kill them TWICE, when they have access to multiple escapes and an almost instant rez if their friends are actively helping them, I just find extremely unfair. Most of the 1vX fights I win, I end up having to down someone at least 3 times before they are finally dead for good, whilst knowing at the same time, if I go down once, it’s over.
Don’t even get me started on rally. If nothing is going to be done about that, at least stop allowing poeple to rally of NPC’s
I think the downed mechanic should either be removed, or be replaced with a universal set of simplified downed states, that don’t make it impossible to finish people off.

Thoughts?

Admiral Beau
TC Commander
we need to pretect are big keep

in WvW

Posted by: Raestloz.7134

Raestloz.7134

Rez an ally in 3-4 seconds? Are you sure you’ve passed the alcohol test? Last time I tried to rez my ally IN THE MIDST OF BATTLE, it takes a good more than 3-4 seconds. And don’t even get me started on the self-heal skill.There’s a reason it has 40 seconds cast time.

Resurrecting someone requires you to not do anything at all in the meantime. If you think you can resurrect anyone without someone harassing your rump off, clearly we play in different servers.

in WvW

Moleless.1462

That’s why the main issue lies with ele/thief/mesmer in small skirmishes. They have the ability to escape out of the conflict, where an ally can easily rez them in at least 3-4 seconds. I don’t find downed states to be an issue in large battles.

Rezzing someone in a fight involving less that 4 or so people is surprisingly fast.

Admiral Beau
TC Commander

in WvW

Raestloz.7134

No, when I said in the midst of battle, I mean when you are actively in “fight mode” and have reduced movement speed and revive speed.

Revive speed is drastically reduced when you’re in battle. Far as I’ve seen, could be reduced to only 1/4 of usual. It is true that resurrecting someone out of combat takes only 4 seconds tops, but in combat it’s almost impossible to have the time to rez someone unless you’re fighting in PvE against mindless monsters OR you have lots of people rezzing you, which is not the case in skirmishes

Mist Form lasts about 4-5 seconds, then you’re back to downed state with a cooldown of 19 seconds on the Mist Form. I say, you’re confusing some stuff. Thief’s escape skill also has cooldown. Not like they can jump across the map. Mist Form can cover more ground than that. Never seen Mesmer’s escape skill (either they win or they’re killed the moment they die out of outrage), but mesmer in general is imbalanced.

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

Here we go again…

Yes, it does. Now let’s get mad at rallies.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in WvW

Moleless.1462

I’m not going to argue with you that it takes a long time to rez someone once they are downed, because I know for a fact it is surprisingly fast, even “in the midst of battle” CD’s are irrelevent when you only need to use an escape skill once to get out of the danger zone and get a rez. Thieves have two escapes, so that is irrelevant also.
Do you agree that it should be a viable tactic for eles to suicide in front of doors before mist forming inside? If so, would you care to eleborate?

@Gaurdian, please go into more detail as to WHY downed states are important in WvW, rather than just stating yes.

Admiral Beau
TC Commander

in WvW

Posted by: Catisa.6507

Catisa.6507

<insert previously posted thoughts from countless other threads that you should have searched for and posted in>

AR

in WvW

Moleless.1462

I did in fact search downed states/mechanics and couldn’t find any similiar threads. Linking them here would probably be more productive than your comment, in the mean time, feel free to ignore this one while you browse through another thread about server lag or the “zerg problem”.

I was simply trying to bring up a discussion that differs from the X/Y/Z threads.
Next time I’ll know better

Admiral Beau
TC Commander

in WvW

Posted by: jamesigall.5938

jamesigall.5938

Hey Moleless,

Firstly, don’t worry too much about the mad people – there are a lot of threads that are posted more than once, and people who’ve been on the forums for a long time tend to get a bit tired of answering the same questions. Hopefully you can get some more good points on your discussion topic.

Now – the downed state. In terms of why it’s necessary in WvW, whether these forums like to admit it or not there is an element of PvE inside WvW, and for this reason the downed state does, in my opinion, need to be part of the game. However, there needs to be some limitations as to how it works, probably also in sPvP. Firstly, I think a normalised down state wouldn’t be too much to ask, in all areas of the game. Give everyone a basic spammable attack, like ‘throw dirt’ or something, a knockdown, similar to warrior’s downed 2 ability, some kind of balanced 3 ability such as the elementalist 3 root or even a short ranged teleport here (goes on a long cd when downed so you can stomp twice before this will be used) and bandage. This lets all classes have the same chance to survive once downed. Classes like engineer at the moment have terrible downed states, and most with #2 abilities resisted by stability will agree that thieves, eles and mesmers have it best.

Rallying can play a part in WvW, allowing you to get up from that camp supervisor that downed you just before you killed it, but it could probably use some kind of cooldown – like 1 rally per minute or something. This stops glass cannon builds pulling random environment mobs into a fight to rally off if they get downed, again and again.

80 DPS War / 80 DPS Ranger / 80 Support Guard
Blacktalon
Army of Devona [AoD]

in WvW

Moleless.1462

Thanks for the first legitimate response

Admiral Beau
TC Commander

in WvW

Posted by: innocent ouarior.1954

innocent ouarior.1954

It has. Downed state in an important (and somehow interesting) mecanism in GW2.
Rally however is complete bullkitten. Counter produtive in PvP/RvR, trivialasing a lot of PvE content, sort of useless soloing.

in WvW

Posted by: Nalexa Torch.1235

Nalexa Torch.1235

Long story of TO – short answer from me: Yes, Sir, it does

Enjoy the game
Torch

Torch – Guardian/Necro
[LNS] – Legion Night Stalkers
Abaddons Mouth

in WvW

Raestloz.7134

I’m not going to argue with you that it takes a long time to rez someone once they are downed, because I know for a fact it is surprisingly fast, even “in the midst of battle” CD’s are irrelevent when you only need to use an escape skill once to get out of the danger zone and get a rez. Thieves have two escapes, so that is irrelevant also.
Do you agree that it should be a viable tactic for eles to suicide in front of doors before mist forming inside? If so, would you care to eleborate?

@Gaurdian, please go into more detail as to WHY downed states are important in WvW, rather than just stating yes.

At this point I have to admit that you might’ve played an entirely different game. I have tried to rez people in WvW so many times I know for a fact that it’s not “surprisingly” fast. In fact, it could be surprisingly slow.

What I would like to ask is, what can an ele do the moment they jump out of the gate? In order to keep the “Mist Form Escape” tactic viable, one has to stay very close to the gate. One milisecond too late and you have to donate money to Armorepair Guild, otherwise they’re outmanned and they’re screwed already. A defending staff ele can’t do much already (Line of Sight problem) not to mention their magicneeds cast time to work, and dagger ele cannot do much if they have to stay near the gate. So, what, are you saying that said ele jump down, cast Meteor Storm, die and Mist Form back, have someone rez them, rinse and repeat? How often can said ele do that to make the tactic actually viable?

Lastly, your entire argument that downed system should be removed from WvW rides on the whole “Mist Form Defender” ‘exploit’. In actual skirmish far from friendly gate, Mist Form can’t really do much when you’re already downed. How far can you run in 5 seconds? How long does it take to actually rally yourself without someone harassing you?

In paper, they look great, but in actual application, they don’t offer much.

in WvW

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

Rez an ally in 3-4 seconds? Are you sure you’ve passed the alcohol test? Last time I tried to rez my ally IN THE MIDST OF BATTLE, it takes a good more than 3-4 seconds. And don’t even get me started on the self-heal skill.There’s a reason it has 40 seconds cast time.

Resurrecting someone requires you to not do anything at all in the meantime. If you think you can resurrect anyone without someone harassing your rump off, clearly we play in different servers.

It depends on the ally that is downed an the person reviving. There are a large amount of traits and stats related to this, but yes you can revive someone in 3-4 seconds.

in WvW

Posted by: Under Web.2497

Under Web.2497

NO it doesn’t.
My reason:
The OP used an example of 3v3, i will use my personal experience of 1 vs many (3/4/5), at the moment i find it VERY difficult to kill Just ONE, yet i find it surprisingly easy to put ONE in a downed state, BUT they DON’T DIE. If i put a person in a downed state before all of them do it to me, then that person Deserves to Die – and thus they will need more rezzing. (It DOESN’T take long to Heal someone in a Downed state)
Removing Downed state would give the advantage to the Better Players and not those that had More Numbers.

in WvW

Posted by: Emapudapus.1307

Emapudapus.1307

Yes it does have place, it gives you more time to tag ppl to get kills and loot…. you silly ppl.

all is vain

in WvW

Posted by: graverr.6473

graverr.6473

If downed stated would be removed a good coordinated team of 20 could wipe a 80 man super blob finally.But becasue of downed state atm you can only kill as much until they ressurect themselves making a huge zerge like the t1 metas very appealing and sadly atm it’s the only way to go.Remove downed state and you will never need to remove aoe limit either.It is part of the game yes,but it only rewards and encourages super blobbing,that in the end don’t do anything for the game.
And what does a blob bring gw2 players anyway ?They create insane lag like in no other game ever before,reward no skill,no exploration and no creative gameplay.In the long run is one of the worst things in WvW but very few think about it.Curently it is impossible for the servers to handle these blob fights even with the 5 target aoe cap and that is the reason why it would never be possible to be removed,imagine 30 minutes skill lag in battles and afterwards instead of the current 20-30 seconds

Get rid of the downed state and you partially fix zerg.In 1v1 scenarios if you get downed you are a goner anyway and in 2v1 or classic outnumbered fight will always only reward numbers over skill.Anet should really get their heads into this since blobing is currently the main killer of gw2 amongst it’s fans.

Mini Somales -Seven Instincts- [siN]

(edited by graverr.6473)

in WvW

Raestloz.7134

It depends on the ally that is downed an the person reviving. There are a large amount of traits and stats related to this, but yes you can revive someone in 3-4 seconds.

Off the top of my head, Ele’s Arcana trait improves your revive speed by a whopping 10%. If what you say is true that there are enough traits to actually offset the entire revive speed reduction, it only affects certain jobs with certain builds and certain levels.

in WvW

Posted by: MrKnieves.4162

MrKnieves.4162

Yes it has it’s place. End of discussion.

Zheenn [Warrior] [Commander]| Alondra Del Mar [Thief] | Lorean Alisk [Elemental]
Rough Trade [RTGC]
Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: Jacklo.4230

Jacklo.4230

@ Rezzing surprisingly quickly vs Slowly…
It depends how much damage they have taken after being downed. Some you can rez in a second or 2, others… well you’d be foolish to try on your own in the thick of a fight.

in WvW

Posted by: Dredrum.2563

Dredrum.2563

Sure does. Next.

in WvW

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

I had a Guardian Res an Engineer who I got down to 25% health while in down state…before I could stomp the Engineer…

I wasn’t interrupted, he simply ressed him faster then I could stomp..

That is moronic..

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Personally I hate it, I don’t know how many 1vs.X fights I have lost due to downed. I get why its there but I still don’t like it. I think since they plan on keeping it around, double the incombat rez speed.

in WvW

Posted by: Athin.7250

Athin.7250

I really dislike the down state myself in WvW. So many times I can knock someone down with a cannon or arrow cart only to have 4-5 of his allies run in and get him back up before I could even shoot again.

The way I look at it is that they need to reduce the speed of healing a down player by quite a bit and have rezing the dead completely out of WvW. It makes no sense to me that an army of 30 can bash against a tower and barely win but will suffer no casualties due to them just bringing everyone back up. That’s one of the biggest reasons why the zerg strategy is so popular as well.

in WvW

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

Downed state will always be there. It’s a part of the game. The only thing that can change is downed skills and downed health.

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

NO it doesn’t.
My reason:
The OP used an example of 3v3, i will use my personal experience of 1 vs many (3/4/5), at the moment i find it VERY difficult to kill Just ONE, yet i find it surprisingly easy to put ONE in a downed state, BUT they DON’T DIE. If i put a person in a downed state before all of them do it to me, then that person Deserves to Die – and thus they will need more rezzing. (It DOESN’T take long to Heal someone in a Downed state)
Removing Downed state would give the advantage to the Better Players and not those that had More Numbers.

I assume this poster plays a high DPS burst class similar to mine. I disagree absolutely though.

If downed state was removed, their would be zero need for any other classes other than the “best” burst dps.

I/we could just insta kill, and move on. Being able to 1/3 shot kill players does not and would not make me/them the “better” player.

I feel downed state skills could be looked at but downed state definitely needs to stay.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

in WvW

Posted by: Digikid.7230

Digikid.7230

I think the downed state should scale off your current stats- I find it funny how a glass cannon thief is as tanky as me in the downed state, he should have less HP and toughness then me~

Some guy on a bunch of servers, mostly Mag
Former top 50 spvp engi main.

in WvW

Posted by: SilencedScream.2167

SilencedScream.2167

I’m okay with downed, at least for most classes. Don’t like that eles have the free movement to get back into towers/keeps, though.

What I don’t care for is dead-rezzing. If I downed you and then finished you off, I don’t think you should be able to get picked up again and immediately jump back in where you left off.

Henge of Denravi – [SAS]
Duct Tape Applied [Charr Ranger]
A Roll Of Duct Tape [Human Guardian, Commander]

in WvW

Posted by: Sceinna.3561

Sceinna.3561

When I’m not commanding I’m usually playing solo or with just one friend, we roam around and take on smaller groups that try to campflip.. call ourselves the border defense.

Thing is though, how often we need to kill people 3-4 times before they are actually dead, in a 2v5 for example.. downed state should be there agreed, but ressing happens way too fast. Good luck stomping, res always wins vs stomp.. I don’t even stomp anymore, I just focus on the guys trying to res others, get some dps done on them..

I just feel picking someone up is a bit op right now.. especially in WvW, if you win vs numbers.. but those numbers have the ability to quickly revive eachother..

in WvW

Posted by: Kholim.1749

Kholim.1749

I really dislike the down state myself in WvW. So many times I can knock someone down with a cannon or arrow cart only to have 4-5 of his allies run in and get him back up before I could even shoot again.

The way I look at it is that they need to reduce the speed of healing a down player by quite a bit and have rezing the dead completely out of WvW. It makes no sense to me that an army of 30 can bash against a tower and barely win but will suffer no casualties due to them just bringing everyone back up. That’s one of the biggest reasons why the zerg strategy is so popular as well.

IMO if you want to build (arguably, corner) your character into a res build, you should be able to do that. The skills are there, and it’s a viable position on the wvw roster.

I think your problem is that in certain cases the other team has better field awareness than the people manning your other cannons and arrow carts. A herd of people ressing someone in front of your keep should draw more siege fire than just YOUR cannon. It’s not your fault, and the other team doesn’t deserve hate because you didn’t score a kill from the relative safety of your wall. Just be glad you’ve thrown some chaos into the mix and distracted four or five of their members, stop typing in guild chat, and shoot someone else.

Recognizing a lost cause is one of the best traits a wvwer can have.

in WvW

Posted by: Athin.7250

Athin.7250

IMO if you want to build (arguably, corner) your character into a res build, you should be able to do that. The skills are there, and it’s a viable position on the wvw roster.

I think your problem is that in certain cases the other team has better field awareness than the people manning your other cannons and arrow carts. A herd of people ressing someone in front of your keep should draw more siege fire than just YOUR cannon. It’s not your fault, and the other team doesn’t deserve hate because you didn’t score a kill from the relative safety of your wall. Just be glad you’ve thrown some chaos into the mix and distracted four or five of their members, stop typing in guild chat, and shoot someone else.

Recognizing a lost cause is one of the best traits a wvwer can have.

I’m not quite sure what you are trying to say but I’m not saying that once a player gets down, they can’t be brought back up. I’m saying that once they are dead, not down, they shouldn’t be able to rez that player. All if not most traits if I remember correctly come into effect when you help a down player so the traits still have meaning. I’m just saying that someone should be able to revive someone while they are getting pounded on by multiple things.

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

I quite like downed state and how it mixes up combat. In a 1v2 or 1v3 scenario it means I can’t just burst down each player sequentially, but instead have to tackle the group as a whole. When you down someone, you haven’t won anything until you’ve beaten an opponents downed state. If I fail to defeat a group of 3, even though I’ve downed them often, then I simply wasn’t good enough to win. I was good enough to down them, but not good enough to kill them.

I do sympathise with those that don’t like it, especially when you blow up four people with a well aimed cannonball only to watch them get back up and walk away as if I’d only been firing pillows shakes fist. But I find downed state encourages me to play in more interesting ways than I normally would, so I wouldn’t want to be without it.

Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: JaeKeun.5680

JaeKeun.5680

Downed state needs to be there, but it also needs to be a lot less unbalanced. Eles and thieves, and to a certain extent mesmers have extremely strong downed states.

It doesn’t help that those are the strongest professions for WvW overall either…

Eon Ruby – Thief | Casaedrea – Elementalist
Die unendlichen Weiten, das Unbekannte; das Wilde.
Ehmry Bay.

in WvW

Posted by: Jacklo.4230

Jacklo.4230

Downed state needs to be there, but it also needs to be a lot less unbalanced. Eles and thieves, and to a certain extent mesmers have extremely strong downed states.

It doesn’t help that those are the strongest professions for WvW overall either…

Don’t tar all thieves with the same label.
I’m a tanky thief and often one of the last to go down. My down state does nothing for me when there’s nobody around to rez.

in WvW

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

This guy clearly hasn’t done any 1vX. One ally ressing is a lot faster than stomp without haste.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

in WvW

Moleless.1462

Don’t tar all thieves with the same label.
I’m a tanky thief and often one of the last to go down. My down state does nothing for me when there’s nobody around to rez.

Yes, the problem doesn’t exist when there is no one else to rez you. The main issue is how easy it is to be rezzed after going down. It makes skirmishes far more balanced toward the larger group.

To all those simply claiming that downed states are an important feature, and adding nothing more to the discussion, please go into more depth as to why you hold this position. I really am interested in hearing arguments from both sides.

Admiral Beau
TC Commander

in WvW

Posted by: teg.1340

teg.1340

If downed stated would be removed a good coordinated team of 20 could wipe a 80 man super blob finally.But becasue of downed state atm you can only kill as much until they ressurect themselves making a huge zerge like the t1 metas very appealing and sadly atm it’s the only way to go.Remove downed state and you will never need to remove aoe limit either.It is part of the game yes,but it only rewards and encourages super blobbing,that in the end don’t do anything for the game.
And what does a blob bring gw2 players anyway ?They create insane lag like in no other game ever before,reward no skill,no exploration and no creative gameplay.In the long run is one of the worst things in WvW but very few think about it.Curently it is impossible for the servers to handle these blob fights even with the 5 target aoe cap and that is the reason why it would never be possible to be removed,imagine 30 minutes skill lag in battles and afterwards instead of the current 20-30 seconds

Get rid of the downed state and you partially fix zerg.In 1v1 scenarios if you get downed you are a goner anyway and in 2v1 or classic outnumbered fight will always only reward numbers over skill.Anet should really get their heads into this since blobing is currently the main killer of gw2 amongst it’s fans.

I totally agree. Rallying and Rezzing in the current state favours the larger zerg. The more people you got you easier and faster it is to revive dead players. That makes it even harder as a 20 man zerg to fight a 30-40 man zerg.

Removing Downed State from WvW (only) would be one way to fix this issue. But I dont think this will happen.

I would be happy if Anet would introduce some real penalties to rallying/rezzing for WvW. Here are my suggestions:

Add a 1 minute debuff after rally / rezz which reduces all stats by 25%. While under the effect of the debuff you are unable to rezz/rally other players.

Additionally the amount of HP in downed state should be lowered so it becomes easier to actually kill a downed player. Let it scale with the equipment of the player (more HP, Toughness = more downed state HP). Squishies deserve to die faster even in downed state.

Reduce the number of concurrent rezzers to a maximum of 3 players.

in WvW

Posted by: akunadin.5017

akunadin.5017

Said it first day i steped in WvW, and that was beta day 1.

Downstate is biggest bs there is, really is second biggest fail. Its nice in pve but defo does not belong in pvp ( wvw).

But leme ques, i am 100% sure every pve-er or zerger in WvW loves the downstate…right?.
And since in anny mmo ( i played) they allways lissen to the pvers, we will never get ride of the downstate.

Just my 2 cents.

(edited by akunadin.5017)

in WvW

Posted by: Under Web.2497

Under Web.2497

NO it doesn’t.
My reason:

I assume this poster plays a high DPS burst class similar to mine. I disagree absolutely though.

If downed state was removed, their would be zero need for any other classes other than the “best” burst dps.

I/we could just insta kill, and move on. Being able to 1/3 shot kill players does not and would not make me/them the “better” player.

I feel downed state skills could be looked at but downed state definitely needs to stay.

i play burst and condi- The point with ANY burst build is that the damage can be avoided/negated – it is after all a BURST build. I also did not say i beat everyone – i’ve lost a lot of 1 vs 1 but this is where the SKILL comes in.
I have respect when i am beaten – not when they die and get rezzed by their mates only to /laugh over my dead body. Anet did not MAKE people do that- its only the persons mentality that does.

in WvW

Posted by: Raap.9065

Raap.9065

Downed state itself is fine, at most it needs a slower mid-combat revive speed to allow players more time to focus fire a zerg mass-reviving a downed player, or force them to use "revive" skills more often.

The real problem is the combined effect of the AOE-tagging nature of WvW combat and Rally. It creates a waterfall effect in Zerg vs Zerg play whereby the first zerg to lose a few people, will end up causing Rally’s on the other zerg, making that zerg progressively more likely to win that fight with each new Rally going off.

So, in my opinion:
- Downed player revive speed slowed down by an extra 50% when in combat, in WvW.
- Rally mechanic removed from WvW.

Swift Mending – Guardian
Thorny Scrub – Thief
Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: Nnekk.5806

Nnekk.5806

The downed state in WvW ONLY needs to be changed.

Make it take twice as long to bring some one up and give the persons “Healing” the downed player, 50% vulnerability while doing so. Disable all Invulnerabilities/Stabilities while you are reviving a downed player.

Make it so that you cannot revive a “dead” player if there’s a battle or combat within 3000 units of them.

Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: vex.3482

vex.3482

down state is noob/zerg friendly, just keep ressing ppl and spam buttons
but then I never liked it in 1st place, pve or pvp I would remove it

nice fix would be if you are downed there in no chance to rally you can just do some dmg and die

meh

(edited by vex.3482)

in WvW

Posted by: Sleepless.1906

Sleepless.1906

I feel that it should be changed in WvW.

Recently, when I was on late at night, there we only 3 of us in EB. We got hit by a 20-30 man zerg. So, we were defending langor like crazy and it was actually going ok. Between arrow carts & my elementalist AoE, we were not only downing players but defeating them (I was getting badges for it).

But guess what… when you’re against that many people, it takes a very short time to bring people back up from even a defeated/“dead” state. So, it doesn’t matter what we tried… they just kept getting back up!

There needs to be a limit on brez (battle rez) per battle. In WoW you can only chuck out a brez so many times per ‘in combat’ state. Normal rez’ing can be done whenever, but requires being out of combat.

When the gate finally feel, despite earning a pile of badges, that zerg was no smaller than it was at the start. In such a situation, there is essentially no consequence to the zerging players for being defeated.

in WvW

Posted by: blasius.4723

blasius.4723

im sooo agreed with OP…please ANet remove rezzing in wvw
if youre dead than you need to rally at start point again..and run!! :P
hahaha

Sea of Sorrow : since day 1 – my home land
Bone(engi80)-Taran(thief80)-Clea(ele80)-Enci(guard80)-Mina (mesmer80)

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

It does, but right now its to easy to rally from kills. The requirement to rally from a kill (player or npc) is very low. I think its even as simple as a single attack. So you can get crazy situations where someone litterally rallies 4x in a row just because he got an aoe off in the middle of a group.

They should greatly bump up the mark point at which the target becomes something you can rally from. And perhaps also limit the amount of targets you can rally from.

f.e. You can only rally from a target who you’ve dealth atleast 25% of its total healthpool in damage to. And only 3 targets (based on most dmg taken by you) can be rallied from.

And this resets after you rally from a kill, meaning you need to damage a target for 25% again to have a target to rally from again. This also limits how many ppl can rally from 1 target. No more 1 death and half the enemy zerg gets back up again.

(edited by Terrahero.9358)

in WvW

Posted by: Omne.4603

Omne.4603

I think it does just based on the fact that it discourages pure dps and rewards groups that can actually hold ground. While pure dps is certainly a viable build I wouldn’t want to see a 50 man group rocking full glass and just carpeting aoes in front of them non stop.

I Cant Stop/ Ocularis
NSP | Os Guild Master
www.osguild.org | www.youtube.com/osthink

in WvW

Posted by: Buzzcrave.6197

Buzzcrave.6197

Some part of me agree with OP, while other don’t. Downed state is a must for WvW, if not I’ll just roll on my thief and kill a person which is running in a big group and escape easily. Removing downed state will only make more griefing on a certain build/class.

However, I’m totally agree with elementalist downed state skill. Just hate it when your attack on a tower failed due to 3-5 elementalist jump down from a tower and aoe the crap off your sieges, get in downed state and able to get back into the tower and revive themselves safely. Something need to be done about this.

in WvW

Posted by: akunadin.5017

akunadin.5017

im sooo agreed with OP…please ANet remove rezzing in wvw
if youre dead than you need to rally at start point again..and run!! :P
hahaha

Totally agree,
but dont get ur hopes up. A-net and like every game were there is pvp, allways lissen to pve whiners playing (wot they call) pvp. And they wana keep the downstate trukitten me

So with other words…No, it will never be removed:(

in WvW

Posted by: Boulderbolg.3460

Boulderbolg.3460

The downed state is a replacement for the holy trinity, and there is no way the holy trinity will be redesigned into GW2.

GL for Team Riot [RIOT] on Blackgate NA – Small Group WvW Focused
http://teamriot.org/riot-media/videos/http://www.twitch.tv/teamriottv

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Totally agree,
but dont get ur hopes up. A-net and like every game were there is pvp, allways lissen to pve whiners playing (wot they call) pvp. And they wana keep the downstate trukitten me

So with other words…No, it will never be removed:(

Sounds to me like someone needs to get better at GW2 and not whatever game they’ve invented in their head. I don’t think making crazy sweeping statements about Anet and anyone who chooses to mostly PvE is really going to help your cause either.

You are right though, it will never be removed…

Gandara