Don't Reward Bad Behavior

in WvW

Posted by: slingblade.1437

slingblade.1437

If you see someone doing something in game that’s clearly not acceptable to Anet (even if they do nothing to correct the problem) and the WvW community in general, please don’t capitalize on it.

You don’t have to take your guild/zerg through the gate just because it’s open. If it was opened thanks to illegitimate means (I’m 100% certain I just witnessed this happen to a previously well-sieged, T3 Garrison – we have screen shots). Be a leader and stand up for the good of the game. Refuse to continue the attack. Back off and call out the person on your server who committed the act instead of rushing in a like a looter during a natural disaster. If you’re a commander, lead your group the other way. If you’re not a commander, don’t follow one in. Go the other way, and use /say to tell others why you’re doing it. I know we have our bad apples, but I think there are more good ones than bad, and we need to stand up to people who do this crap, and leave them twisting in the wind.

(edited by slingblade.1437)

in WvW

Posted by: Pyroathiest.4168

Pyroathiest.4168

While I agree with the general sentiment here, I’ve never heard of someone hacking a gate open. Flying Mesmer portals are one thing, but hacking open a gate? I find this questionable.

in WvW

slingblade.1437

It wasn’t a case of hacking a gate. It was a pretty well known, illegitimate method to remove all defensive siege from the gate area, essentially regardless of its placement.

in WvW

slingblade.1437

..Flying Mesmer portals are one thing…

Turns out the same server did this, too, in a separate incident. At least one of their guild groups had the decency to leave the keep rather than stay and continue the assault, which I commend. This is the only thing we can do. Those of us who care about WvW need to plan ahead of time to abandon an assault when hacks/exploits are used by people on our side, and the people who use those methods need to be reported and shunned.

in WvW

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

Part of the problem with this, I think, is that you can’t necessarily tell when something has been done through legitimate means or not. If I’m just walking along and see an open gate or wall or whatever, I probably won’t guess that it’s the result of someone hacking or exploiting.

in WvW

slingblade.1437

Correct Kaos, but chances are good that a lot times somebody knows, or can easily deduce, when some form of cheating is going on. Those who do know what’s going on need to tell those who don’t by using /say and /map. I’m sure it’s harder to know when there aren’t many people on the map, but on crowded maps, most of the time there are a number of people on the offending server who know what’s going on, and they need to speak up.

in WvW

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

It wasn’t a case of hacking a gate. It was a pretty well known, illegitimate method to remove all defensive siege from the gate area, essentially regardless of its placement.

Honest question: what is this “known method”? I’ve never seen something like this before.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

in WvW

Posted by: playard.6035

playard.6035

Honest question: what is this “known method”? I’ve never seen something like this before.

All I or we can say is that ANet did this — https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/A-Hidden-Change-in-WvW/ trying to fix that…… but in vain(?) -_-

Deko* — Die-hard PvE-in-WvW veteran & noob commander
map chat spammer, siege lover/hater, and, well, I care bears.
League of Ex-Siegers, nonetheLEXS, for now, still Rest on Stormbluff Isle

(edited by playard.6035)

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

My guess would have been zoom hacking (most likely) with an AC or glitching into the structure and wiping siege(less likely).

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

It was zoom hacking.

SBI

in WvW

Posted by: playard.6035

playard.6035

For the love of the Six, if you and your guildies spot some, please report those players on your server in-game and notify your own server mates and/or friends on the other server. We on opposing server are probably busy fighting you guys behind and on the gate, trying to save our upgraded keeps and can’t get a clear view on what and who’s doing this. Few of us had to suicide rushing out the gate to check and get the screenshots.

I once saw a flying golem over Hills south gate with only a handful of our people while facing 10+ red tags there. Later I posted about the event and provided the time and place on the forum and players on the other side replied nicely and said they had reported it immediately. I didn’t have some screenshots handy then, didn’t even mention or remember the guild tag involved there, and ANet infracted that post after others quoted and replied me. (for some reason, they were okay with the follow-up post……)

There is not much we players can do about cheating, but both side should not ignore the wrongdoing. (eyeing the Dev)

Ah, well, may the Six watch over you.

Deko* — Die-hard PvE-in-WvW veteran & noob commander
map chat spammer, siege lover/hater, and, well, I care bears.
League of Ex-Siegers, nonetheLEXS, for now, still Rest on Stormbluff Isle

(edited by playard.6035)

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

There are also exploits/hacks for getting in to towers/keeps etc. that are a big issue. We’ve had thieves worming their way in to Klovan on a regular basis with no gates or walls open. Someone had said it’s a teleporting exploit, something to do with Infiltraitors Shot I can only imagine.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: johnnymiller.5968

johnnymiller.5968

Struck an odd situation yesterday when our side were taking back the garrison on bl. Red had captured the garrison. There were two green players lurking around outside & before you know it they were up on the wall. No walls were down and there were no other enemy players inside once we got in.