Done with WvW

Done with WvW

in WvW

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

Just posting this to vent. Because lord above knows that so many other people here do it on these forums…
And inb4 ‘Git Gud Nub!’ and ‘Just practice more!’ etc… I have. Nearly since this game came out. The results are still the same…

You know, I thought I’d try giving the WvW (and PvP in general) another try.
What a fraggin mistake… And once again, I realize why I hated it.

Come across an enemy, hit them and watch them take next to no damage.
They hit me? Watch me lose a 1/4+ of my health.
Oh hell, use my utilities, try to mitigate the damage!
Why am I still taking so much damage?!
Why are they still hurting me through my [Endure Pain] or [Spectral Armor]?? I don’t have any conditions on me! I should be take less damage!
Why is this guy I’m hitting never getting stunned?! I don’t see [Stability] on him?
How in the hell do I get CCed through /my/ [Stability]??

Fine. Enough. I get it.
Apparently, I suck at PvP so kitten ed much that I can’t get anywhere near a fight without getting ganked by some other player who, for some reason has to take the time to jump up and down on my corpse just to drive the point home of how much better they are.
I don’t want to win all the time, believe it or not. I just want to put up a decent fight, not just feed these apparent uber-leet pro kids loot bags all the kitten ed time and get the usual ‘HAHA YOU SUK!’ pages vomited at me.

Hope you all enjoy your game mode. But I’m done with it.
Over a decade of playing online games, and it never changes.

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

Done with WvW

in WvW

Posted by: MrNumnut.2635

MrNumnut.2635

Boon Removal.

Done with WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I generally assume it’s my fault if I lose a 1:1 in WvW. After frustrating losses, instead of lamenting how unbalanced the game is, I ask folks about what I might have done better. (Or swap to that class to see if I can figure out what the heck they did.)

The forums & reddit are good places to follow up. (Tip: describe the fight objectively rather than complaining about the other class.) The phrasing I use is something like, “here’s what happened. Can you explain how the other player did this? And what would you recommend to counter their build/rotation”

That helps me learn a lot more about other classes (and sometimes the class I was playing).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Done with WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Odin the exiled.5764

Odin the exiled.5764

in general yes, it’s learn the other classes and different builds to learn how to counter or when to dodge. I know for me i like reading metabattle and going over the wvw and pvp builds,. Doesnt mean i can play them like the “pros” but it does help me a little when i do face them.

They really do need to balance things better among all the classes for wvw and pvp. Like for example Berserker stance it did need the change it got years ago to what it is now but now that warrior’s get resistance aswell that is just tooo much. Specially when 99% of warrior’s use stun/dazes that have long lasting effects plus short cooldowns. They’re more tankier then a guard. Like your avg. warrior in pvp can outlast your avg. guard just becuase of those. Another one, cuz i don’t mean to be picking on warrior’s lol is the perma evade thieves or vault spammer’s, They’re so hard to catch in anything cuz of their evade’s, and need like precise timing to take them down without an army behind you lol. Don’t get me wrong though that’s what i use when i play my thief cuz those builds aren’t too hard to play lol. Can make a bad thief like me look at least slightly above avg. without really knowing how to play lol. So i feel if they actually did a better balance job like they did in gw1, wvw and pvp would be a lot more fun for more ppl.

Done with WvW

in WvW

Posted by: jacksmith.6028

jacksmith.6028

A few questions:

1. What gear were you using? Zerker may be fine in PvE but you have to tank up in WvW
2. Enough condi clears? The WvW meta is based on condi
3. Running alone? Unless you’re experienced, roaming can be very dangerous; gankers are out hunting for you – find the zerg and stick to it as you start out.

Done with WvW

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Ah, you were most likely fighting a thief using
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bountiful_Theft
and lots of evades.

Now, unfortunately due to the wacky design choices of the game, not every 1v1 is really within your control; your build may simply be hard countered and it is quite lame. It doesn’t mean you have to be a punching bag though.

As someone that often does go after random players, I know that when inexperienced players fight, they do one of two things: Either come straight at us with all their damage skills or blow all their defensive cooldowns in order to survive. Naturally neither is a good idea.

There’s generally two things to consider. If they attack you and your health drops fast, then they’re probably on the glassy end. In these cases all you should do is feign running away, (use endure if needed— that’s why people often take the trait defy pain for the passive proc of endure pain) immediately turn around and smack them in the face. But don’t use everything. If you note your autos already being able to pressure him, take note. Your average person looking for ganks never anticipates this because he assumes he will kill you once you retreat.

If your health isn’t dropping fast, then chances are they are going for attrition. If you try this same tactic against him, he will just evade backwards and slowly peck you to death. In this case, you just want to sustain against him. Aka, do not hit all the buttons and let your healing signet/adrenal health (you have those?) recover your health. The more time you buy the more time you have to repeat the process. In particular you should note if it is using a staff; as long as you dodge that thing where he pops into the air (vault) you should be doing okay.

Now, if you see condis on you, you will often need to use clears or resistance (berserker stance). In these cases, it is generally a waste of time trying to fight these, as they seem to always try to run away after landing some so you should really use a mobility skill (say greatsword) and get out.

None of this gurantees you will win any fight, but it’ll make people think twice upon bothering vs you.

And yes, you will generally have to opt for some defensive stats. Anti-condition duration food will also help.

There really is no recipe for instant success. (well, maybe tank/condi bers/druid/chrono/dd) comes close…

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Done with WvW

in WvW

ShinjoNaomi.1896

Boon Removal.

Like a Necro’s [Spinal Shivers], [Corrupt Boon] or [Well of Corruption]?
Or a Mesmer’s [Null Field] or [Phantasmal Disenchanter]?
Or hell, even an Engineer’s [Mine Field]? (Hardly play the class and I know about it.)
Yeah, I know how you are supposed to remove Boons from your opponent while keeping your own.
Funny how they always seem to be able to avoid that somehow, magically…

I generally assume it’s my fault if I lose a 1:1 in WvW.

I do believe I said just that in my OP… Clearly the problem is with me, not the other guys/gals who for some reason never seem to take squat for damage and know exactly how to avoid everything I throw at them while blowing through all my defenses and utilities like they weren’t there to begin with.

in general yes, it’s learn the other classes and different builds to learn how to counter or when to dodge. I know for me i like reading metabattle and going over the wvw and pvp builds,. Doesnt mean i can play them like the “pros” but it does help me a little when i do face them.

With the exception of Engineer, Mesmer and Revenant I know my classes well enough to know their strengths and weaknesses. Not a ‘Pro’, but I ain’t a dumb noob either.
Like I said, I have been trying this for a long while. Hasn’t helped one iota…

A few questions:

1. What gear were you using? Zerker may be fine in PvE but you have to tank up in WvW
2. Enough condi clears? The WvW meta is based on condi
3. Running alone? Unless you’re experienced, roaming can be very dangerous; gankers are out hunting for you – find the zerg and stick to it as you start out.

1) Depends on what class I play. Only one I dare ever try running full Zerker on is Warrior, because I know they can (in theory) have enough sustain through traits and utilities to stay on their feet past a couple of seconds. (I say in theory because I haven’t ever seen it.)
2) As many as I can use without being useless at anything else. Again, depends on the class. Doesn’t help much when your Utilities seem to always been on cool down because you are perma-stunned.
3) Not if I can ever help it. Running solo in WvW is basically akin to putting a massive bullseye on my back and screaming ‘FREE LOOT BAG HERE!’ into a megaphone. Only time I do that is if I’m going for the Master of Ruins daily. And even then I keep my head on a swivel (not that it helps much…)

and lots of evades.

Yeah, I have come across those too. Most frustrating fights I have ever been a part of. Nothing like seeing ‘EVADED’ over and over again while one guy manages to avoid attacks from myself and 3 or 4 other players…
(Tried that with my own Daredevil… I’d absolutely love to know how they manage that…)

Again, I’m not expecting to always win. Just tired of being a useless leach to my server every time I attempt to try WvW.

I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

Done with WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Solstace.2514

Solstace.2514

Unlike sPvP, gear makes a huge difference in wvw. Many fights are unequal and unbalanced. Add to that the food and other boons and you can have a very broken encounter,

Done with WvW

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

and lots of evades.

Yeah, I have come across those too. Most frustrating fights I have ever been a part of. Nothing like seeing ‘EVADED’ over and over again while one guy manages to avoid attacks from myself and 3 or 4 other players…
(Tried that with my own Daredevil… I’d absolutely love to know how they manage that…)

Again, I’m not expecting to always win. Just tired of being a useless leach to my server every time I attempt to try WvW.

Oh. Combination of these:
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Staff_Master
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Signet_of_Agility
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Channeled_Vigor
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Unhindered_Combatant
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hard_to_Catch
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pain_Response

So you get pretty much passive defense against condis, cc, quite a few dodges, and really can’t be pinned down. Also you get a good amount of swiftness when you dodge, so very few people can even chase you at all. You can throw in some stealth for even more ways to get away.

You’re not going to do the best damage with it, but you will get good use out of vault for the most part. I usually just vault in and out of crowds mostly because I can.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Done with WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

There is alot of “hidden” stuff ingame.

Boon corrupting stability will cc you with fear,
I think life steal like shiro heal + unrelenting Assault will carve throuh dmg immunity?
Ranger traits that ignore 1 cc for free and also one that reduced dmg taken significantly >90% hp.
Shocking aura will cc through evading attacks.

You will find “hidden” stuff in many games PvP. Knowing them is how people become better than their peers.

Done with WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Boon Removal.

Very class locked tool there. Only a few classes can boon removal and even less have enofe boon removal to deal with bunker boon builds. There needs to be real counters to bunkers though gear and runes not classes only.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Done with WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I generally assume it’s my fault if I lose a 1:1 in WvW.

I do believe I said just that in my OP… Clearly the problem is with me, not the other guys/gals who for some reason never seem to take squat for damage and know exactly how to avoid everything I throw at them while blowing through all my defenses and utilities like they weren’t there to begin with.

You skipped the part of my post where I explained that instead of remaining frustrated, I spent time trying to find out what the heck hit me and what to do about it.

Instead of being “done with WvW,” just describe the specifics of your fight. And ask, “what happened here?” Post in your profession’s forum the question, “how do I handle this situation?” Ask in your opponent’s profession’s forum, “what are you guys scared of from my prof?”

In other words, don’t get mad; get even.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Done with WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Rambitshouse.8712

Rambitshouse.8712

Have you considered joining a roaming guild to help you out? In present day wvw it does help to have a partner or two to carry you for a bit so you can learn the mechanics and have at least some time to analyze other classes learning how ridiculous some are currently with hot builds.

God knows I need everyone else to carry how bad I am at necro

Dtox

Done with WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

did you have weakness on you ?

Either a thief or a rev hammer 2 has insane high dmg.

i asume your playing warrior they have high CD utilitie means a good player knows to force them out a player then reset fight instantly win.

Why are they still hurting me through my [Endure Pain] or [Spectral Armor]?? I don’t have any conditions on me! I should be take less damage!
As far as i know you can not take dmg with endure pain on you if there no con.

Why is this guy I’m hitting never getting stunned?! I don’t see [Stability] on him?
most likly fighting another warrior not many classes have high output of stab mostly engi guardian and warrior.

removing stab is a stranded meta now. because of change of stab giving .8th of a second of CC immune it more effective to boon rip / corrupt it.

overall WvW is balanced just some match up suck hard alot people complain that epi meta sucks. yeah i am kinda bored of it too but that does not mean game is balanced. everything has a counter it just playing long enough to find it <3.

Done with WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

It’s just fact of life that most of players can practice like crazy and they still won’t win fights. I play FotM druid and barely can stay alive 1 vs 1 fight while some sPvP pro play same build and fight alone against small zerg. Some people just have so much better awareness what happening.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Done with WvW

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Losing sucks and so does being mocked for it. The thing with competitive games is that there are always players who will take pleasure in the suffering of others. In fact, the same can be said for many treads of life.

These people may or may not go unpunished for their actions but that should be none of your concern. Since this is after all a video game that we’re talking about, the only thing that should matter is your own personal enjoyment (so long of course as it does not impede the enjoyment of others).

If you find that you’re not enjoying what you’re doing, but you’re still doing it, there are a few likely scenarios.

1) You have nothing better to do.
2) You actually do like it but you choose to focus on the negatives despite being drawn by the positives.
3) You just like to complain.

You could be any one of those 3 or you could be none. I’m not psychic. All I know for certain is that I’ve been in your shoes and so have many others. Losing, confused and not getting the answers you want. If you’re as experienced as you say, then there is probably little I can tell you that you don’t already know, and that’s okay. There are much better things you could be doing with your time than playing video games, stirring in your seat and being miserable.

If it makes you feel any better, I have 11 thousand hours in this game but I’m still terrible because I have impaired motor skills. That’s something no amount of practice can fix. Do I let it stop me from having fun? No. I create builds that cushion my poor reflexes and co-ordination and I find ways to improve on what I already know.

Anyway, if you truly are done, good luck. I apologize if I came off as snarky but I genuinely hope you find something better to do.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Done with WvW

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I always laugh at people who jump on corpses…. Especially the ones who gank in a group of 3-4 and still have 1-2 allies dead.

Pretty sure leech effects still work through Endure pain and Stone Signet.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Done with WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

They really do need to balance things better among all the classes for wvw and pvp. Like for example Berserker stance it did need the change it got years ago to what it is now but now that warrior’s get resistance aswell that is just tooo much. Specially when 99% of warrior’s use stun/dazes that have long lasting effects plus short cooldowns. They’re more tankier then a guard. Like your avg. warrior in pvp can outlast your avg. guard just becuase of those. Another one, cuz i don’t mean to be picking on warrior’s lol is the perma evade thieves or vault spammer’s, They’re so hard to catch in anything cuz of their evade’s, and need like precise timing to take them down without an army behind you lol. Don’t get me wrong though that’s what i use when i play my thief cuz those builds aren’t too hard to play lol. Can make a bad thief like me look at least slightly above avg. without really knowing how to play lol. So i feel if they actually did a better balance job like they did in gw1, wvw and pvp would be a lot more fun for more ppl.

Warriors have always been tankier than Guardians, by design. But a Warrior’s tankiness is selfish – a Guardian can mitigate the damage to the entire team.

Done with WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Chorazin.4107

Chorazin.4107

Just posting this to vent. Because lord above knows that so many other people here do it on these forums…
And inb4 ‘Git Gud Nub!’ and ‘Just practice more!’ etc… I have. Nearly since this game came out. The results are still the same…

You know, I thought I’d try giving the WvW (and PvP in general) another try.
What a fraggin mistake… And once again, I realize why I hated it.

Why am I still taking so much damage?!

Fine. Enough. I get it.
Apparently, I suck at PvP so kitten ed much that I can’t get anywhere near a fight without getting ganked by some other player who, for some reason has to take the time to jump up and down on my corpse just to drive the point home of how much better they are.
I don’t want to win all the time, believe it or not. I just want to put up a decent fight, not just feed these apparent uber-leet pro kids loot bags all the kitten ed time and get the usual ‘HAHA YOU SUK!’ pages vomited at me.

Hope you all enjoy your game mode. But I’m done with it.
Over a decade of playing online games, and it never changes.

I always found it helpful when i first started out to shadowplay my fights and just watch them back for myself. It also helped me learn what animation to watch out for with the classes i didnt play as i only really played mesmer/engineer.

The animation in this game isnt overly intuitive, in fact id say almost not at all.

I play with terrible ping(Australia) so like you, im never going to be some sPvP pro team player. I find a lot of the time i have to be more predictive than reactive with 300+ ping. But it doesnt mean i cant try and improve my play.

Chorazin
[lion]~ riperonis
[tRex]

Done with WvW

in WvW

ShinjoNaomi.1896

Losing sucks and so does being mocked for it. The thing with competitive games is that there are always players who will take pleasure in the suffering of others. In fact, the same can be said for many treads of life.

These people may or may not go unpunished for their actions but that should be none of your concern. Since this is after all a video game that we’re talking about, the only thing that should matter is your own personal enjoyment (so long of course as it does not impede the enjoyment of others).

If you find that you’re not enjoying what you’re doing, but you’re still doing it, there are a few likely scenarios.

1) You have nothing better to do.
2) You actually do like it but you choose to focus on the negatives despite being drawn by the positives.
3) You just like to complain.

You could be any one of those 3 or you could be none. I’m not psychic. All I know for certain is that I’ve been in your shoes and so have many others. Losing, confused and not getting the answers you want. If you’re as experienced as you say, then there is probably little I can tell you that you don’t already know, and that’s okay. There are much better things you could be doing with your time than playing video games, stirring in your seat and being miserable.

If it makes you feel any better, I have 11 thousand hours in this game but I’m still terrible because I have impaired motor skills. That’s something no amount of practice can fix. Do I let it stop me from having fun? No. I create builds that cushion my poor reflexes and co-ordination and I find ways to improve on what I already know.

Anyway, if you truly are done, good luck. I apologize if I came off as snarky but I genuinely hope you find something better to do.

A couple of things.

Yeah, losing sucks, but I’m an adult. I can handle losing.
Being treated like garbage though? Yeah, I’ll admit, that irks me. Six years in the U.S. Marine Corps has left me with little tolerance for other peoples childish BS. And not to put myself on a pedestal or anything, but if someone in the Corps acted like some of these internet kids do, they would very soon find themselves in a ‘put up or shut up’ position where someone would likely get their teeth shoved down their throat…
But since I can rarely do anything about these kind of things these days, I more often choose to remove myself from a situation where a troll or a mental kid hiding on the internet is being a kitten just to get his jollies off.

Honestly? My biggest reason for going into WvW is to get the Triumphant Armor pieces. I have resigned myself to the fact that I wont be getting them anytime soon.
As for any other reasons?
I’ll put it like this. I /know/ it can be fun. It has all the potential to be fun.
But, thanks to the bad apples and my apparent inability to keep up or even be remotely competitive against these players who are clearly better then I am, (and take every chance to shove that fact in my face…) the fun gets sucked right out of it. And now, it can all rot for all I care.

11 thousand hours? Dang. You got me beat. I am sitting at a little over 6,600 myself.

No, you really didn’t come off all that snarky.

Done with WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

I always laugh at people who jump on corpses…. Especially the ones who gank in a group of 3-4 and still have 1-2 allies dead.

Pretty sure leech effects still work through Endure pain and Stone Signet.

i was pretty sure it work too but not enough to tell someone i ask my guild they thought it did not.

Done with WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

WvW is the least balanced game mode by far. If you’re in it purely for the combat, you’re going to have to put up with a lot of BS and then even more BS from people who think they’re the bee’s knees because Anet made some decision that gave them too much power.

That said, if you’re on SoS, I can help you get your armor with minimal combat. I know the maps like the back of my hand and am used to playing outnumbered, so combat is often not an option.

Done with WvW

in WvW

ShinjoNaomi.1896

WvW is the least balanced game mode by far. If you’re in it purely for the combat, you’re going to have to put up with a lot of BS and then even more BS from people who think they’re the bee’s knees because Anet made some decision that gave them too much power.

That said, if you’re on SoS, I can help you get your armor with minimal combat. I know the maps like the back of my hand and am used to playing outnumbered, so combat is often not an option.

Just so the offer didn’t go unappreciated, thanks Sviel. Not my server though. I’m on TC.
Thanks though. And good luck out there.

Done with WvW

in WvW

Posted by: misawamitsuharu.7605

misawamitsuharu.7605

check the new game CROWFALL it’s everything anet promised wvw would be. 100% WVW dedicated and PVP dedicated team unlike anet that are like headless chickens when working on something.

This is where im going to be when it gets released should be this summer they said. You can pledge for it already theres some betas coming in. I’ve been done with anet wvw for a while. All i do is troll in wvw and make people rage.

But they won’t care of us leaving They are too busy hmm…working with gemstore doing stuff..? god knows in 5 years nothing ever happened?. Never is a long long time i’ve heard

Done with WvW

in WvW

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

this, let’s call it “game”, has some serious balance issues that make this “game” not fun at all. Thus is not a game.

Don’t get all work up, luckily new RvR are coming out, as someone pointed out Crowfall has some interesting things, and Camelot Unchained is another future option.

If you get fed up with the lamentable state of the competitive mode just log in for the daily chest and log out.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

Done with WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Rambitshouse.8712

Rambitshouse.8712

Maybe find a few mesmers, run the distortion synergy setup that is unbeatable and broken.

Dtox

Done with WvW

in WvW

Posted by: misawamitsuharu.7605

misawamitsuharu.7605

this, let’s call it “game”, has some serious balance issues that make this “game” not fun at all. Thus is not a game.

Don’t get all work up, luckily new RvR are coming out, as someone pointed out Crowfall has some interesting things, and Camelot Unchained is another future option.

If you get fed up with the lamentable state of the competitive mode just log in for the daily chest and log out.

Good point but i haven’t seen a single game in my 30+ years of existence not care about balancing for more than 5 years. If that would be the cartridge days i would understand really.

Done with WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Blodeuyn.2751

Blodeuyn.2751

Just leaving my name here. QOP is on Ebay now (currently fighting TC), so if you’d like to practice via duels with us, please feel free to contact me.

Blodeuyn Tylwyth
Quaggan OP [QOP], League of Extraordinary Siegers [LEXS]
Ehmry Bay

Done with WvW

in WvW

Posted by: oscuro.9720

oscuro.9720

You look at this game too result oriented. You need to just say “kitten It” and go out there and have fun.
Another thing is to ask for help. So many people try to just do things alone. “I can be great by only solo roaming” “i can kill all these people by myself” “I am already so good i shouldnt die on my own”.
We’ve all been there. Its okay. The problem is most people take a stance similar but not identical to yours, where they blame the game or themselves, or both. Sometimes you need to dual, triple, or small group roam just to improve on your skills (THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE ZERGS UNLESS YOU ARE AN UBER NOOB).

If you want help, you can whisper me in game if im on. Do some regular pvp in unranked and coordinate with a team. Ask in map for a roaming only guild. THere are ways to do things so you arent alone, and when you arent alone, even dieing is a little more tolerable.

Done with WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

check the new game CROWFALL it’s everything anet promised wvw would be.

Thats what people has said for 4 years about the other games too. Never mind crowfall, CU will kill it first!

Done with WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Inoki.6048

Inoki.6048

OP got many points rite, especially the getting CC’d while having Stability – WTF? Getting killed by conditions with Resistance on? kitten?

Dis game…

Done with WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Leolas.6273

Leolas.6273

Anet destroyed the game with that condi mess. Roaming isn’t fun anymore with such OP Condis right now. Condi is lowest skillfloor, unfair and not fun.

Done with WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

I think that the main problem is that OP doesn’t like to run solo but can’t win a 1v1.

Could it be that you don’t have a dueling build?

I like running in a guild group but I know my build is garbage in 1v1 situations and I just don’t engage.

Done with WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Jacion.6302

Jacion.6302

I run beserker pretty exclusively during my wvw time, though I concern myself with guild groups and am built to zerg surf for bags. Generally in the off 1v1 while doing silly stuff like trying to get veteran daily, I am able to stalemate and flee or win, if it is too hot I can generally succeed in fleeing. So perhaps it’s your gear/build or you aren’t calling the fight outcome early enough. Again, I’m built for group game a fair well 1v1 most of the time....but I feel I am a good judge of the tide of battle and knowing when to press / retreat / pop resistance or invul has a lot to do with success.

Thieves and engineers you can read by their damage if it’s too hot or if they can be slowed/ melted. Mesmers are easy sauce if you can focus...I’ve 1v2 double mesmers and got them downed together 5 times before I finally was downed, if consider that a win. Rangers are paper if you can bridge gaps and keep pressure.

Solo revs can be rough depending on build but if you aren’t doing damage then just get out, same with bunker guards, if it’s taking too long, just leave.

Now I chased an ele once and was flabergas on her mobility, evade timing and reset...10min melee that I lost....seemed unreal...and there is evidence there when it feels unreal that something is fishy, I assumed hack because I could swear at one point they teleported but I had the inkling perhaps I was dealing with a pro-roamer...so logged into twitch and low and behold they are the top streamer. Watched them fight for 15mins and then messaged them on twitch, confirmed we had fought and they explained my mistake.

If you absolutely get taken on a fight like that where you did a ton of right things and dropped them to 5% multiple times...check twitch and learn even more directly off your foe. Humbled but educated.

Done with WvW

in WvW

Posted by: FOKOZUYNEN.8206

FOKOZUYNEN.8206

When we speak about WvW or PvP fights main reason why some people sucks are :
—have the wrong class at the wrong time (sometimes for months some class are buff more than others beacause ANET balance patches or bugs)
—some people think the ASCENDED dont count and EXOTIC will do the run
—food and utility boost count
—depends of your options i saw people that play with Autotargetand some without some that have good macros and good mouses also Lag make sometimes diference
—and last THE BUILD if you think you tried all the build then is the class time problem but ask some other enemyes that they kill you with same class compare builds and at one point you will see wich one is the best.
—ofc in some ocasions may count other things if the enemy is near a keep get guild buffs if he have bloodlust too
— ofc dont expect to kill all the players on the map or to win all the time in a fight where you ahve more than one enemy

Done with WvW

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

I run beserker pretty exclusively during my wvw time, though I concern myself with guild groups and am built to zerg surf for bags. Generally in the off 1v1 while doing silly stuff like trying to get veteran daily, I am able to stalemate and flee or win, if it is too hot I can generally succeed in fleeing.

So sayeth the… thief?

Well duh…

Done with WvW

in WvW

Jacion.6302

I run beserker pretty exclusively during my wvw time, though I concern myself with guild groups and am built to zerg surf for bags. Generally in the off 1v1 while doing silly stuff like trying to get veteran daily, I am able to stalemate and flee or win, if it is too hot I can generally succeed in fleeing.

So sayeth the… thief?

Well duh…

Beserker as in warrior

Done with WvW

in WvW

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

So sayeth the… thief?

Well duh…

Beserker as in warrior

yep zerker is the only profession that has one build for all: tank, dps , CC and cleanses.
Those 16 seconds total of full blocks\immunity helps a lot.
And that 4 seconds CC instacast with no tells in 19 seconds CD when channeled with primal or 100 blades for 15-20k is simply a game winner.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

(edited by anduriell.6280)

Done with WvW

in WvW

oscuro.9720

So sayeth the… thief?

Well duh…

Beserker as in warrior

But are you a berserker Beserker???

Beserker Guardian (Both DH and Guardian), Beserker Warrior (both Beserker and Warrior), beserker Chrono, Beserker Dare Devil, beserker scrapper, beserker Rev, beserker ranger all work. I know people who play them very well.

Done with WvW

in WvW

Jacion.6302

So sayeth the… thief?

Well duh…

Beserker as in warrior

Beserker Guardian (Both DH and Guardian), Beserker Warrior (both Beserker and Warrior), beserker Chrono, Beserker Dare Devil, beserker scrapper, beserker Rev, beserker ranger all work. I know people who play them very well.

Marauder Beserker lol

Done with WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

Good point but i haven’t seen a single game in my 30+ years of existence not care about balancing for more than 5 years. If that would be the cartridge days i would understand really.

Based on what I see for Crowfall (I’m in Alpha/combat feels fluid when not lagging/still a ton of balancing issues/not every class is game), I would say Beta / persistent servers will be up by summer and not the full release of the game. The BIG issue right now is the server lag/NetOps component but if ArtCraft can figure that out, buy it. GW2 will always hold a special place for me to to come back to for living story updates and maybe a festival here and there (but not for WvW).

Camelot Unchained is being developed/produced by Mark Jacobs … don’t forget the disaster of ToA and WAR when under his watch. Don’t ever forget those mistakes that flushed huge potential. Mark my words, CU will be released with half the features and half the live version not working with no strategic design reasoning for the pieces remaining (only PR promises to fix). I really wanted to relive my DAoC days, but it doesn’t even sound like an attempt to be a western world MMO – only grind fest.

Done with WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

So sayeth the… thief?

Well duh…

Beserker as in warrior

Marauder Beserker lol

No – 100% boon duration Commander/Wanderer build for me :P Much more survivable for longer duration zerg fights when your cooldowns are up and still 90% of the raw power of the berserker/marauder version. It’s a freakin’ selfish build though.

Done with WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Threather.9354

Threather.9354

Obviously OP hasn’t grasped the meta or playstyle.

Weak classes that are super hard to play and easy to counter:

• Thief
  • Scrapper
  • Mesmer
  • Revenant (roaming)
  • Elementalist
  • Guardian

Runes/sigils that make everything easier:

• Durability (can heal you several thousands during fight and makes you impossible to be bursted down)
    *Energy, gives you 0.5 sec invuln every 10s
  • Hydromancy, super easy instant 2k AoE burst that chills enemies around you, great for escaping, buttonsmashing or doing damage.

Anyways, take one long range wep in your build (rifle war, bow dh, staff druid etc) and whenever you face a class you cant beat no matter what, play that class until you realise its not that strong and what are the skills to hit. Obviously the builds wont be optimal but they will be easier to play.

If you have bad PC and cant see enemy animations, dont bother fighting 1v1s/melee just take necro/rev/ele and spam long range skills.

Friend all commanders that seem like they know what to do. If commander dies before you (a noob), he most likely will just make you a worse player.

But tbf, I play a lot, like 10 hours a day, I wont lose to anyone in 1v1 if I am on a class thats decent for 1v1 (being on guard or ele sucks). So my advice is kinda from different world than people who just have option to escape to PvE after losing….

Anyways key is to dodge certain kills on each classes, for example thats for warriors thats GS 5, gs 3 and axe/gs f1s. And instastunbreak when you get headbutted and dodge.

Dont roam with exotic gear, you stand 0 chance if you’re not good. Also run high toughness builds, Easiest way is to take enough condi cleanse in build and just get lot of armor and then gg, noobs cant kill you.

so Git Gud Nub!

Diamond Rank Copyrights [CR]
EU Roamer, Dueler, Commander, Fighter, Scout

(edited by Threather.9354)

Done with WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Cascabel.5806

Cascabel.5806

Do what I do and become a disgusting zergling. Works like a charm.

Done with WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Fatherbliss.4701

Fatherbliss.4701

If you are on TC hit up our forum pages. Post this exact rant, find a roaming group to hang with and maaaaaybe we can restore your faith in humanity.

There is a ton of good advice on this page. The other thing I will say is I have to take breaks periodically. WvW is 24/7 and certainly chews through everyone at some point. I find it helps to bounce ideas off of people I know. If I get consistently beat down by someone on a borderland, I am not above friending that person and asking them what they are doing. You’ll get the random person vomiting on you of course, but most folks are incredibly cool about helping. A lot of the builds I see while roaming are pretty kitten cheesy. Once you realize what passive play they are using you can build around that. The thing is in this game you have to be able to switch up skills too. Rarely do I ever have the “perfect build” for every encounter. I am definitely not the 1v1 god on our server either, I just like helping other people. lol.

Leader of Goats of Thunder [GOAT]
Tarnished Coast: Bringing the Butter to you (no pants allowed)

Done with WvW

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

So sayeth the… thief?

Well duh…

Beserker as in warrior

Thats even worse.

Done with WvW

in WvW

oscuro.9720

So sayeth the… thief?

Well duh…

Beserker as in warrior

Marauder Beserker lol

No – 100% boon duration Commander/Wanderer build for me :P Much more survivable for longer duration zerg fights when your cooldowns are up and still 90% of the raw power of the berserker/marauder version. It’s a freakin’ selfish build though.

Marauder is solid.

People still play tank builds, whut?! Wut uh-bowt da beeg noomberz????

Done with WvW

in WvW

ShinjoNaomi.1896

Obviously OP hasn’t grasped the meta or playstyle.

Weak classes that are super hard to play and easy to counter:

• Thief
  • Scrapper
  • Mesmer
  • Revenant (roaming)
  • Elementalist
  • Guardian

Runes/sigils that make everything easier:

• Durability (can heal you several thousands during fight and makes you impossible to be bursted down)
    *Energy, gives you 0.5 sec invuln every 10s
  • Hydromancy, super easy instant 2k AoE burst that chills enemies around you, great for escaping, buttonsmashing or doing damage.

Anyways, take one long range wep in your build (rifle war, bow dh, staff druid etc) and whenever you face a class you cant beat no matter what, play that class until you realise its not that strong and what are the skills to hit. Obviously the builds wont be optimal but they will be easier to play.

If you have bad PC and cant see enemy animations, dont bother fighting 1v1s/melee just take necro/rev/ele and spam long range skills.

Friend all commanders that seem like they know what to do. If commander dies before you (a noob), he most likely will just make you a worse player.

But tbf, I play a lot, like 10 hours a day, I wont lose to anyone in 1v1 if I am on a class thats decent for 1v1 (being on guard or ele sucks). So my advice is kinda from different world than people who just have option to escape to PvE after losing….

Anyways key is to dodge certain kills on each classes, for example thats for warriors thats GS 5, gs 3 and axe/gs f1s. And instastunbreak when you get headbutted and dodge.

Dont roam with exotic gear, you stand 0 chance if you’re not good. Also run high toughness builds, Easiest way is to take enough condi cleanse in build and just get lot of armor and then gg, noobs cant kill you.

so Git Gud Nub!

Christ… is it totally impossible for some people to give suggestions without adding some back-handed comment to the end of it??

Done with WvW

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

Being better has little to do with it these days. It all comes down to class and build vs class and build.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

Done with WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Being better has little to do with it these days. It all comes down to class and build vs class and build.

That is positive way to think. Thing just is that WvW roamers don’t actually know how to play so it’s natural that players who play easier build wins.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch