Done with WvW for now

Done with WvW for now

in WvW

Posted by: hypehype.9047

hypehype.9047

So I am a new player and started playing this game when it became free, i liked it so much that at level 30 i bought the game, but now my realisation is i liked pvp and pve not WvW and this makes me sad because WvW was the primary intention i bought the game.

So here are my reasons why i have stopped playing WvW. I wont go into explantion for all as most are self explanatory.

1. lag, skill lag, fps drop:

2. exclusions from fights from other guilds; I thought WvW was a server vs server battle. so why do some guilds feel they have a right to tell people who they can and can not fight? (due to schedule guild vs guild battles)it just breaks the immersion when you are going round fighting and cap bases when people are using map chat to tell you “dont attack this guild as they are fighting that guild” i should not have to tip toe across the battle field, also the fact that there are a group of players taking no part in the WvW battle makes it pointless. there needs to be a separate server where guilds can have schedued battles.

3. one on one pvp in WvW; again same problem with number 2. i see two people fghting and the 1st thing that comes to my mind is , “are they in a dule?” should i help or not?" why am i thinking like this in a wvw map? again there needs to be a pvp server where people can have one on one dules with there gear.

4. mass blob, common denominator; i feel people blob up because the bases are to hard to take in small groups, this casue the fights to become monotonous where the most useful skill is the only one used. if bases were eaiser to take people would not feel the need to blob up and fights could be more spread across the map. (could this explain why people one on one pvp in this map? so they can actually use their class to the full?

5, poor rewards playing wvw;

I will be in pvp pve for now.

Done with WvW for now

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

No argument there.

2. exclusions from fights from other guilds; I thought WvW was a server vs server battle. so why do some guilds feel they have a right to tell people who they can and can not fight? (due to schedule guild vs guild battles)it just breaks the immersion when you are going round fighting and cap bases when people are using map chat to tell you “dont attack this guild as they are fighting that guild” i should not have to tip toe across the battle field, also the fact that there are a group of players taking no part in the WvW battle makes it pointless. there needs to be a separate server where guilds can have schedued battles.

WvW guilds are the heart and soul of WvW, and server identity. I’ve never been in the GvG scene myself so I don’t know how well other possible scenarios (OS, Guild Halls?) have or could work out. I think it’s very easy to spot impromptu GvG battles on the borderlands and you can watch them or ignore them. Let people have their fun. Besides, if the GvG is scheduled and not spontaneous, then it’s probably in a more out of the way place anyway.

3. one on one pvp in WvW; again same problem with number 2. i see two people fghting and the 1st thing that comes to my mind is , “are they in a dule?” should i help or not?" why am i thinking like this in a wvw map? again there needs to be a pvp server where people can have one on one dules with there gear.

Spontaneous duels between roamers are the best, from a roamer standpoint. No, we don’t need a “pvp server” for it. As you get more experienced in WvW, you learn to spot the difference between a duel and someone who needs/wants your assistance. Many people ignore the duel concept altogether and err on the side of caution and jump right in (so-called “red is dead” mentality).

4. mass blob, common denominator; i feel people blob up because the bases are to hard to take in small groups, this casue the fights to become monotonous where the most useful skill is the only one used. if bases were eaiser to take people would not feel the need to blob up and fights could be more spread across the map. (could this explain why people one on one pvp in this map? so they can actually use their class to the full?

Making objectives easier to cap does NOT discourage k-train blobs, it feeds them. It fuels them.

Spoken like a true PvE/sPvP player. It’s not enough that you get to relax and play a game and have a great time, you should also be rewarded for it. WvW enthusiasts don’t play the game mode for rewards, although I agree they need to be improved without encouraging k-training even further. It’s enough for me to make enough gold through normal WvW gameplay that I can afford gear, food, and upgrades/siege. The pwetty skinz I’ll leave to the likes of you.

I will be in pvp pve for now.

You have chosen….wisely.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

Done with WvW for now

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

There are some “unofficial rules of warfare” that come into play here.

It doesnt really matter if its a 1v1, 5v5, GvG or ZvZ. Yes you can choose to ignore it and jump in foaming at the mouth of course. That’s on you and might earn you alot of disrespect.

That said, sometimes it really goes to extremes and tbh… there have been moments where I have been fully behind the choice of my pug zerg commander to rush headlong into a GvG. For example when 2 enemy servers do “organized” GvG in your home border (or shall I say did, now you are lucky if you even find enemies). They choose to do that on enemy territory, they deal with the consequences if an attack happens.

This mostly apply to borders, EB is the place where everything goes. Its pretty commonly acknowledged to be an open battleground with no rules as few guilds do dedicated raids there (most of the time because you cant, too packed during primetime).

Ultimately, its a game. There’s really no need to kill everything in sight. We’d like to see ourselves as brave knights rather than remorseless soldiers. Fight with honor and rescue the Quaggan damsel in distress and all that.

Done with WvW for now

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

In a dying gamemode where blue tags are becoming a rarity,for a guild to exclude players at a time like this will only hurt wvw and it’s declining playerbase.

Done with WvW for now

in WvW

Posted by: Zioba.6182

Zioba.6182

Spontaneous duels between roamers are the best, from a roamer standpoint. No, we don’t need a “pvp server” for it. As you get more experienced in WvW, you learn to spot the difference between a duel and someone who needs/wants your assistance. Many people ignore the duel concept altogether and err on the side of caution and jump right in (so-called “red is dead” mentality).

When i don’t see a clear sign that it is a duell i usually jump in. I see it like: Duelling in GW2 is like having sex. If you don’t want to be interrupted, don’t do it in the middle of the street ;p

Sarcasm is what’s left when all hope is gone

Done with WvW for now

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Good riddance. The less players with your kind of opinions in WvW the better. The “red is dead” and “wah, wah, WvW rewards suck” people can stay where they belong. Farming mobs in PvE until their eyes rot out of their heads.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Done with WvW for now

in WvW

Posted by: Akkeros.1675

Akkeros.1675

who cares if you see a duel or gvg (kittening)
GO with my general rule. If its red…its dead.
I play for a server, i play to win, period.
People can play there mini-games somewhere else or along side of me.

(edited by Akkeros.1675)

Done with WvW for now

in WvW

Posted by: Notsoperky.2348

Notsoperky.2348

Good riddance. The less players with your kind of opinions in WvW the better. The “red is dead” and “wah, wah, WvW rewards suck” people can stay where they belong. Farming mobs in PvE until their eyes rot out of their heads.

Problem with that attitude is you will end up playing with yourself.

Done with WvW for now

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Meanwhile in another borderland, another player has come to the same conclusion as the original poster, and another in lions arch has come to that same conclusion from word of mouth from friends, and another, and another….

Less players with your kind of opinions probably would have made wvw a better place as well, wvw is dying, less players are becoming less interested in joining, the don’t let the door hit you on the way out attitude is not helping. But who am I kidding anyways, anet doesn’t care about wvw either.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Done with WvW for now

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

I don’t even bother with the dailies anymore. I’m spending most of my time in EotM when I get bored of grinding 2.5Mil XP for the next mastery level in HoT zones. The “Outnumbered” buff is not even there, lol.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

Done with WvW for now

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

It can be annoying while it is happening but even in T1 it is very transient most of the time. 99% of the time the game runs great. Not excusing that 1% but most MMOs with large scale combat suffer from this in one way or another.

2. exclusions from fights from other guilds;

3. one on one pvp in WvW; again same problem with number 2.

Different people want to play the game different ways. GvG groups often don’t want PUGs around because they are often rally bait. Duels happen because players want to sharpen their fighting skills. Interrupt either is OK just be prepared to live with the consequences (an entire guild pounding you into the ground or a likely highly skilled fighter doing the same).

4. mass blob, common denominator; i feel people blob up because the bases are to hard to take in small groups

Even when they were easy to take (at game launch), players still blobbed. Most players are more comfortable playing around other teammates and only a small select set of players enjoy tagging up to lead PUGs. I think WvW fails at giving players clear directives so most fall back to a tag in order to feel like part of the battle but that is IMO.

The loot system is very poor in GW2 (and GW). ANet has really never understood loot as a game play motivator. Practically every drop is trash that must be “cleaned” up.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Done with WvW for now

in WvW

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Meanwhile in another borderland, another player has come to the same conclusion as the original poster, and another in lions arch has come to that same conclusion from word of mouth from friends, and another, and another….

Less players with your kind of opinions probably would have made wvw a better place as well, wvw is dying, less players are becoming less interested in joining, the don’t let the door hit you on the way out attitude is not helping. But who am I kidding anyways, anet doesn’t care about wvw either.

I don’t understand what you’re saying. So you want WvW to be like EOTM? A bunch of karma/loot farmers that don’t care about anything but PvDoor and zerg what ever doesn’t outnumber them?

No thanks. I’d rather it have a lower population than it used to have than being PvE 2.0.

Done with WvW for now

in WvW

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

Play how you like. I never know either so I err on the side of caution and help my buddy. The only exception is when I see the 2 duelers have an audience of players from all sides and it is obvious they are all there to duel.

Osu

Done with WvW for now

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

I don’t understand what you’re saying. So you want WvW to be like EOTM? A bunch of karma/loot farmers that don’t care about anything but PvDoor and zerg what ever doesn’t outnumber them?

No thanks. I’d rather it have a lower population than it used to have than being PvE 2.0.

Where else did you expect wvw population to grow from? another game? lol
I know a lot of players who use to be pve addicts who moved to playing wvw full time and are not just “ktrainers”, but you keep on trucking with that attitude there buddy, your wish for lower population has already been granted.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Done with WvW for now

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Playing for your server is such an outdated concept, not to sound elitist, but playing with a group that knows what it’s doing; is much more fulfilling and rewarding.

That is 2-3 hours of our lives trying to improve as a team and have good fights, outside that we often join an open tag, otherwise people should play how what they want, but also respect that people want to play as they wish to.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

Done with WvW for now

in WvW

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Where else did you expect wvw population to grow from? another game? lol
I know a lot of players who use to be pve addicts who moved to playing wvw full time and are not just “ktrainers”, but you keep on trucking with that attitude there buddy, your wish for lower population has already been granted.

One or both of us are missing a point some where.