Double speed executions?

Double speed executions?

in WvW

Posted by: Bob F It.5701

Bob F It.5701

Q:

Is there some item that gets you to execute players faster? Because I witnessed a player doing execution animations twice as fast as normal, robbing me of the chance to interrupt them so that an ally could at least slip her attention. She then does the same to an ally.

I can’t see anything in traits or skills that would or should do it, so I’m wondering where you get access to this.

Right click your GW2 shortcut > “Properties”
“Shortcut” tab > “Target”
Add to the end " -bmp"

Double speed executions?

in WvW

Posted by: Abapolo.4179

Abapolo.4179

A:

any skills that gives you quickness does this.

Double speed executions?

in WvW

Posted by: ecwoodrow.7034

ecwoodrow.7034

Does Quickness apply to finishers? If so that could have been it.

Atsug Em – [RvR] – lvl 80 Engineer – IoJ
Tryggon Gathol – [RvR] – lvl 80 Warrior – IoJ
Sechnal – [RvR] – lvl 80 Ranger – IoJ

Double speed executions?

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I believe you’re looking for the Quickness effect.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Double speed executions?

in WvW

Posted by: Bob F It.5701

Bob F It.5701

Seems strange for quickness to apply to such a thing…

Right click your GW2 shortcut > “Properties”
“Shortcut” tab > “Target”
Add to the end " -bmp"

Double speed executions?

in WvW

Posted by: etsmith.9025

etsmith.9025

They are corrrect. Any type of quickness/haste/speed buff that I have seen effects capture. I was surprised while playing my ranger and popping quickness on capturing opponent.

Double speed executions?

in WvW

Posted by: Vacks.6459

Vacks.6459

It’s true; I have actually used Time Warp to help resurrect fallen players/finish off enemy players quickly. It’s pretty cool.

Server: Tarnished Coast
Guild: Ours Is The Fury [FURY]

Double speed executions?

in WvW

Posted by: Kryptorchid.7620

Kryptorchid.7620

Also to note: quickness increases the speed at which you can revive someone as well. Use it to your advantage to get those teammates back up!

Double speed executions?

in WvW

Posted by: Naurthoron.3291

Naurthoron.3291

I suspect speed hack, we saw this also today in WvW and there was no quickness buff on the players.

Co-Lead of Death and Rez [DnR]
Vizunah Square [FR] EU
http://gw2.aia974.com/

Double speed executions?

in WvW

Posted by: Arasuki.6094

Arasuki.6094

I suspect speed hack, we saw this also today in WvW and there was no quickness buff on the players.

its the quickness buff(not boon) . please dont throw around a term like hacker so lightly.

[DU]Arasuki – Ranger
Down Under – Stormbluff Isle

Double speed executions?

in WvW

Posted by: Vexus.5423

Vexus.5423

Quickness, allowing a 2 second Stomp, or a 2-3 second revive from Down depending on the incoming damage.

Double speed executions?

in WvW

Naurthoron.3291

its the quickness buff(not boon) . please dont throw around a term like hacker so lightly.

The guy did not have the boon when I targeted him. Why accusing me of throwing this lightly? It is reality and I seriously hope Anet will do something bout it very soon.

Vizunah Square [FR] EU

Double speed executions?

in WvW

Naurthoron.3291

The guy did not have the boon or visual effect when I targeted him.
Why accusing me lightly of throwing this lightly? Speed/fly hacks are a reality and I seriously hope Anet will do something bout it very soon.

Vizunah Square [FR] EU

Double speed executions?

in WvW

Posted by: Asilion.9213

Asilion.9213

The real question is it is a bug, or intended? AFAIK cooldowns once you are put into a downed state are unaffected by boons (you don’t keep your existing boons on being downed or gain boons from allies). At least, in 400+ hours of playtime I’ve always had to wait the exact same number of seconds before using my interrupt (hotbar 2) skill on anyone trying to finish me. If all a player needs to do to “cheese” a downed player out of being able to fight for their life (something Anet expressed a specific intention for) is ensure they have means to add quickness to themselves when an enemy is downed, any build that can accommodate it will soon carry it standard until something is done to prevent it.

I know it is a bit excessive to remove a newly activated quickness boon if any nearby enemies enter a downed state (although irritating I’m not sure how this could be exploited to remove boons), because it might have the opposite effect of players avoiding quickness boons that keep getting stripped away. But perhaps have the “Finisher!” animation itself be standardized and unaffected by boons, as it is instant death when it completes, and is a bit OP to pull off in < 2 seconds before they can reasonably be stopped / ally can be revived.

Just having quickness you can chip through a downed enemy’s health pretty quickly (faster than usual), so it is still useful, but in most cases they at least have a fighting chance.

Double speed executions?

in WvW

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

Oh please. Quickness buffs are few and far between. You got owned. Deal.

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.

Double speed executions?

in WvW

Posted by: Stiv.1820

Stiv.1820

I use Haste specifically to stomp out players 2x as fast. I don’t get why it would be a bug, it’s a utility of quickness. Without it, it’s impossible to stomp people in outnumbered fights as they just get brought right back up.

I had to give up surviveability just to be able to stomp people 1v3+. Haste adds a visual and audible effect so if you see it, or see the animation going fast it can be countered by interrupting sooner.

You just have to think about one more thing which isn’t a bad thing.

Double speed executions?

in WvW

Posted by: Leiloni.7951

Leiloni.7951

@Asilion – Quickness-granting skills either have long cooldowns or negative effects associated with them so it’s not something people can just have up all the time. They need to put thought into when and how they’ll use it so I see no problem with being able to use it to stomp people. They won and killed you because of strategic usage of skills which is what the game is all about anyway. It’s the same result as a Mesmer or Thief going into stealth to down you or an Ele going into Mist Form.

(edited by Leiloni.7951)

Double speed executions?

in WvW

Posted by: Klawlyt.6507

Klawlyt.6507

It’s not like anyone can use quickness lightly. On the thief you get it at most, once every 48 seconds, you lose your endurance, and endurance regen stops until quickness wears off. Warriors get a 50% damage increase while quickness is active. Mesmers get a giant awesome elite of it, and it’s on (I believe) the longest cooldown in the game. If someone’s willing to dedicate that kind of resource for a quick kill (or rez), I see no problem.

EDIT: In summary, yeah, what Leiloni said.

The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real.
No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

(edited by Klawlyt.6507)

Double speed executions?

in WvW

Posted by: Asilion.9213

Asilion.9213

@ Stiv: it essentially can’t be interrupted “sooner” as it is “quicker” than the interrupts.

@ Leiloni, Klawlyt: allow me to direct you to this:
http://www.gw2db.com/items/27885-superior-sigil-of-rage

Now you say well everyone can give up their other useful sigils to equip this, but I’d like to argue that some crit builds are better than others, and this synergizes with such builds while leaving the others at a disadvantage.

Effectively limiting “quick finishers” to only a handful of specialized builds that does little to nothing to hinder such a build, while alienating all others, will see a dramatic increase in such builds for the sole purpose of “guaranteeing a kill”. More and more people will be finished this way as its popularity inevitably increases (it effectively bypasses an intended game mechanic), and the ones who cannot “do unto others” will be converted primarily because they themselves are unable to finish off kills the same way they get finished off.

Since certain builds cannot reasonably accommodate the “quick finish”, they will decrease in popularity and may not even be seen at all in PvP eventually as they will become outdated and extinct.

After all, the power to down your enemy first is pointless and all the strategy and skill is worthless if you can’t finish them but they can finish you.

(As for going stealth for the finisher animation this is arguably unstoppable, however allies have more time to respond and perform a multiple revive / AoE storm where the stealther must be to channel it, and the downed player will have more time to get their skill 2 up whether they get to target their enemy with it or not; I believe some cause PBAoE knockback even stealthed units interrupting their finisher – vastly preferrable to the downed player than an uninterruptable quick finish)

Double speed executions?

in WvW

Posted by: Singularity.1486

Singularity.1486

Well regarding quickness and stomping there seems to be some sort of sync issue as you can kill the player before the cast bar fills

Double speed executions?

in WvW

Posted by: Stiv.1820

Stiv.1820

@Asilion: Not sure, I’ve been interrupted while using it. Must be class dependent. I know as a thief as soon as I am down I can teleport to avoid quick stomps but I can’t stealth in time.

@Singularity: that’s how quickness work with all channeled skills. Does the same thing with my Dagger Storm, it completes the full storm when the bar is only half done.

Double speed executions?

in WvW

Posted by: fractalKinesis.8569

fractalKinesis.8569

It was definitely Quickness. And that applies to everything. Even mining at double-time.

Xiro, High Five Warriors [HFW], Jade Quarry

Double speed executions?

in WvW

Posted by: vvp.8512

vvp.8512

Are amazing! Elixer S + Elixer U you can actually see the tears forming on the model of the player who thought he was safe in his zerg.

Plainview (80 Engineer) SoR

Double speed executions?

in WvW

Posted by: The Monk.3672

The Monk.3672

I love my double speed executions. Please do NOT remove

UKCS – Desolation

Double speed executions?

in WvW

Posted by: Leiloni.7951

Leiloni.7951

(As for going stealth for the finisher animation this is arguably unstoppable, however allies have more time to respond and perform a multiple revive / AoE storm where the stealther must be to channel it, and the downed player will have more time to get their skill 2 up whether they get to target their enemy with it or not; I believe some cause PBAoE knockback even stealthed units interrupting their finisher – vastly preferrable to the downed player than an uninterruptable quick finish)

Ele’s Mist Form you can’t to anything about – it makes the Ele invincible for a few seconds, long enough to finish someone. I don’t see anyone complaining about that? I understand it’s frustrating to lose but Quickness skills, Stealth, Mist form, maybe even others I’m missing (does Stability help when downing people?) are all skills that are working as intended.