Downed players disappearing (not invisible bug)

in WvW

Posted by: Zurkian.1276

Zurkian.1276

I’ve been seeing this more and more lately, when I’m about to finish off a downed player they disappear. Me as well as entire groups have been left dumbfounded looking around for the enemy player they were about to finish off who suddenly vanished completely. I’ve pvp’d for quite awhile so I have an idea on each profession’s downed abilities. These aren’t thieves and mesmers, it’s guardians, warriors and engineers just as much.
After such occurrences I’ve stayed in the area searching for them/spamming aoe abilities but they don’t reappear.

So how are players doing this? Are they using some waypoint/heart of the mists traveling exploit really fast after they’re downed? Because from what I know you can’t waypoint travel in combat.
Are they quickly logging out/closing their client to avoid getting finished? Are they teleporting somehow? Or is this just a part of the WvW invisibility bug?

So has anyone else experienced this?

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

They close their client/log out.
There is also another thread about this, and Anet already is looking into it.

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

in WvW

Posted by: aetherseed.5609

aetherseed.5609

For WvW? That person is logging out before you can stomp them to save on repair costs and so you don’t get loot. Usually common when there’s no queue.

I do it all the time.

in WvW

Posted by: SmokeyNYY.7841

SmokeyNYY.7841

whoever does this should be ashamed.

in WvW

Posted by: Cyric.7485

Cyric.7485

I’ve had this happen to me a couple times and thanks to this thread, now I know why.

Pretty pathetic if a player resorts to this tactic.

Losers make excuses, winners make it happen.

in WvW

Posted by: Filosofem.3572

Filosofem.3572

Haha, nice idea! Gonna try this when there’s no queue.

in WvW

Posted by: Zurkian.1276

Zurkian.1276

Figured it was something along the lines of closing the client.
Pretty sad if you ask me but hey, scrub players gotta do what scrub players gotta do. Guess I’ll just pop frenzy to insta’ finish them and then laugh.

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

Simple fix add a 30min CD were you cant enter World vs World map and you stay 30sec in map after you killed game so you still die.

in WvW

Posted by: Essarious Quw.8946

Essarious Quw.8946

Or if you log out when downed you’re dead when you log back in. That’ll discourage it entirely.

in WvW

Posted by: AlecFair.1270

AlecFair.1270

I prefer with my engnieer to fight near the edge of a cliff and when I am about to die just rocket boot off the edge and tactical suicide off of it to keep from repair costing and prevent credit. Its the more manly way to go than raging off your client as well as actually taking a bit more effort to pull off than just Alt + F4 (also known as Alt+FU to them using it.)
If I am gonna die I will off mah self than wait for a botched execution thank you very much.

Tarnished Coast – Got mah Toast on. :V
Tizzle Mindwrack – Crazy Asura Lore Keeper of [AARM]

in WvW

Posted by: Awka.4593

Awka.4593

Well I guess I was infracted for just posting a link to another thread, but this issue has all ready been addressed by ANet at the following thread, and according to Matt Writter (Game Designer): “We do have a combat timer that prevents players from logging out or using a rally point. I’ll check into making sure this timer is getting applied to players in a down state as well.”. Unfortunately we have no update other than that and it’s still an ongoing issue. Here is the link to the Guild Wars 2 Forum Thread related to this topic: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Logging-out-on-downed-State-needs-to-be-fixed

in WvW

Posted by: tarnin.1690

tarnin.1690

I prefer with my engnieer to fight near the edge of a cliff and when I am about to die just rocket boot off the edge and tactical suicide off of it to keep from repair costing and prevent credit. Its the more manly way to go than raging off your client as well as actually taking a bit more effort to pull off than just Alt + F4 (also known as Alt+FU to them using it.)
If I am gonna die I will off mah self than wait for a botched execution thank you very much.

That’s what I do, suicide. Logging out is just pathetic. Not sure why they don’t do like every other mmo that has pvp in it. 1min timer or so from being in combat before you can log out.

in WvW

Posted by: Trueshots.9456

Trueshots.9456

Just die like a man…..if you get beat the guy deserves to get loot from you and deserves to emote and corpse jump your body a little bit. Bottom line, get better and you wont have to worry about repair bills….

~Poison Caltrop~
I apologize, If you didn’t outnumber me, it wasn’t a fair fight

in WvW

Posted by: Vorpal.4683

Vorpal.4683

The other issue is people just jumping off a cliff when they are about to die so you still don’t get the loot/karma from them.

in WvW

Posted by: Krulz.6245

Krulz.6245

I guess it’s pretty easy the fix, if you are in combat you cant log out, or if you d/c you’ll stay there 30 seconds.

Krulz – Guardian –
~Piken Square~

in WvW

Posted by: R E F L H E X.8413

R E F L H E X.8413

The other issue is people just jumping off a cliff when they are about to die so you still don’t get the loot/karma from them.

I think this one depends on how much damage you have done because I’ve went all spartan on people before and thrown people off cliffs and gotten drops after a semi long battle with him.

I must’ve missed the sign that said it was a fire sale.

(edited by R E F L H E X.8413)

in WvW

Posted by: Yeti.5267

Yeti.5267

This issue is getting way out of hand.

in WvW

Posted by: Sundial.9015

Sundial.9015

We should make a list in here of the dishonorable guilds who exploit this.

Of course the thread would be closed by Arenanet and we would be told to report them… yeah… report their corpse that is no longer there.

Sundial, Necromancer – Aurora Catulus, Engineer – Kaine Illuma, Elementalist
WvW Captain – Horde of Miscreations, Borlis Pass Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: mcl.9240

mcl.9240

For WvW? That person is logging out before you can stomp them to save on repair costs and so you don’t get loot. Usually common when there’s no queue.

I do it all the time.

That’s… well, I wouldn’t be very proud of that, myself. You got killed. Take your punishment.

in WvW

Posted by: IcomeINpeace.2085

IcomeINpeace.2085

that’s silly.. just switch to town clothes before the stomp. win win.

IcomeINpeace [DERP]

in WvW

Posted by: tarnin.1690

tarnin.1690

Just die like a man…..if you get beat the guy deserves to get loot from you and deserves to emote and corpse jump your body a little bit. Bottom line, get better and you wont have to worry about repair bills….

not sure zerging over a solo with 30 guys has anything to do with my ability to play. Usually goes “Oh look a fight i can get int…. oh culling, it’s actually 30”

in WvW

Posted by: Spicyhash.7605

Spicyhash.7605

I do this all the time and I’ll continue to do it.

It has nothing to do with repair costs. I just don’t believe in dying when a 1v1 fight went to 1v2 or more. On the occasion you can actually get 1v1s in WvW.

CD

in WvW

Posted by: MrSilver.5269

MrSilver.5269

I was wondering if I was the only one seeing this. Thanks for the 2nd thread (I missed the first one).

But I’m trying, Ringo. I’m trying real hard to be the shepherd.

in WvW

Posted by: Trueshots.9456

Trueshots.9456

I do this all the time and I’ll continue to do it.

It has nothing to do with repair costs. I just don’t believe in dying when a 1v1 fight went to 1v2 or more. On the occasion you can actually get 1v1s in WvW.

Why are you losing 1v2’s?
weak play still 1v1 or 1v30…..die like a man! Its a pvp zone there will never be the perfect numbers you require to accept a death……fought 10-15 people like you last night, i was the one out manned and they still alt+F4…….bag of fail!

~Poison Caltrop~
I apologize, If you didn’t outnumber me, it wasn’t a fair fight