Downed state and thieves

Downed state and thieves

in WvW

Posted by: zacharias.5437

zacharias.5437

I know I’m going to get grief for saying this but I hate thieves. They really are overpowered even as they argue about how fragile and limited they are. I’ve learned to deal with the stealth every few seconds to some extent but someone explain how it is fair that when you are downed, thieves can just stealth on top of you and finish you off? You can’t target them and no one can revive you in time. So the downed state is basically pointless against thieves.

Downed state and thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

How’s that different from people using Stability to stomp you? At least stealthed Thieves can still be interrupted by your mates.

Downed state and thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Most downed states are pointless anyways if you are downed there is little to no chance you are winning anyways. Die like you have some dignity.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

Downed state and thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

Ironically enough the best way to counter stealth finishers is to get stalthed yourself by an ally.

Downed state and thieves

in WvW

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

Look, it’s not only related to Thieves, if anything they’re weak and they’re only counterbalanced by an abuse of a poorly designed stealth system.

Engineers can do it too with Toss Elixir S. And we might aswell talk of stability and invulnerable stomps. If you’re downed, you’re down, hard to accept but no other way around.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

Downed state and thieves

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I’ve gotta agree with some of the comments here. Not only thieves can stealth-spike and stability negates interrupting your opponents finisher as well.
Still… Stealth spiking is pretty B.S.

And although I’m sure I’ll get sandblasted for my QQing about it… I’m going to anyway.
I don’t care if you’re squishy… I’m a Ranger and I win fights unstealthed and without blind spams all the time. If I can do it you can too. On top of that, it’s not even the stealth that irritates me… It’s that when a thief stealths you know they’re going to be visible again with just about full health <__<.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Downed state and thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

Please tell me the OP is on JQ and was on yak duty last night in EB. That would make my day.

Downed state and thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Bazzoong.7145

Bazzoong.7145

I’ve gotta agree with some of the comments here. Not only thieves can stealth-spike and stability negates interrupting your opponents finisher as well.

And although I’m sure I’ll get sandblasted for my QQing about it… I’m going to anyway.
I don’t care if you’re squishy… I’m a Ranger and I win fights unstealthed and without blind spams all the time. If I can do it you can too. On top of that, it’s not even the stealth that irritates me… It’s that when a thief stealths you know they’re going to be visible again with just about full health <__<.

You are wining fights on a ranger? Against equally geared opponents? In which alternate reality are you lining good sir? Honestly if you win more than you lose as a ranger I am VERY impressed. Blind “spam” is the thief version of protection or aegis “spam” and the thief version of stability, the difference being it works only for one target. Usually the reason why thieves come back from stealth with full health is not the in stealth regeneration but the thief useing her healingskill in stealth, many of us “protect” the use of healing with stealth. This is done for two reasons: It is harder to interruptthe healing and your opponent does not know you used your healing skill, which makes you look stronger than you actually are.

Stealth or invisibility does not prevent interrupts, not even the ones used by the downed player.

I wonder why this causes so much grief and why mesmer or engineer stealth stomps are not even mentioned.

Besides there are lots of those kind of mechanics in the game, mistform stomp, deathshroud stomp, mistform ressurection….

I really do not understand why of all things thieves can do this is supposed to be a problem.

I can understand if people complain about the damage (especially on sword 1), though. But even there people usually complain about the wrong skills (like backstab while the real problem is mug and CnD).

(edited by Bazzoong.7145)

Downed state and thieves

in WvW

Posted by: alvinjason.3109

alvinjason.3109

I think it’s ok. what they need to fix is that shadow step & Shadow return* stomp.

Devona’s Rest → NSP [SA] [TeaP]

Downed state and thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Caroline.4987

Caroline.4987

Screw interrupting the stealthed guy.

Hundred Bads over a downed ally’s body you see get put there by a stealthy class usually nets me a downed enemy player like, at least 75% of the time. =P It’s kinda hilarious…it’s like all these roaming thieves are too busy celebrating to cancel out of the stomp.

Say what you will about how awful that skill can be…it does the job on certain things, heh.

Brynnhylde – Norn Warrior, Jehanette – Human Guardian, Shaelynne – Human Engineer
TrZ | Stormbluff Isle

Downed state and thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I think it’s ok. what they need to fix is that shadow step & Shadow return* stomp.

That is a really pricey stomp though. They just burned their best control management and condition removal ability to land it. Similar to ele Mist Form IMO.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Downed state and thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Why not take away their ability to stomp at all?

Seriously, I can understand where most Thief complaints come from, but complaining about stomps is just ridiculous.

If stomping/downed-state wasn’t such a contrived mechanic to begin with Thieves wouldn’t need so many tricks to counter it.

Downed state and thieves

in WvW

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

I like stealth stompers. I can stop them and help the stompee. I can’t do anything against stability or invulnerability stompers.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

Downed state and thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

I like stealth stompers. I can stop them and help the stompee. I can’t do anything against stability or invulnerability stompers.

Agreed.

While you can still kill the stability stompee or strip/corrupt his boon it is far harder to deal with. Invuln stomps… gg.

What I think is more of an issue is how many of the downed states are just such utter trash that they can be countered so easily with a single blind/block/two stompers at once/pet in the way/tiny little pebble in the way/etc (single target #2 cc’s). Eng/necro need some downed state love (war as well but at least they have the highest dps downed state by a mile if they get their #3 off).

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

Downed state and thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

The only thing I hate when I’m downed on my mesmers and getting stealth stomped is I can’t even use my downed teleport, because for some reason it takes a target to do it. Stealth stomping renders basically all downed skills useless as many need target, which you still at least have with stability stomps.

It’s not as big of a deal in zerg v zerg play, but in small group roaming, being downed those few extra states that your downed state skills can give you can actually make a big difference. But, I wouldn’t state it was OP, just annoying.

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

Downed state and thieves

in WvW

Aberrant.6749

The only thing I hate when I’m downed on my mesmers and getting stealth stomped is I can’t even use my downed teleport, because for some reason it takes a target to do it. Stealth stomping renders basically all downed skills useless as many need target, which you still at least have with stability stomps.

It’s not as big of a deal in zerg v zerg play, but in small group roaming, being downed those few extra states that your downed state skills can give you can actually make a big difference. But, I wouldn’t state it was OP, just annoying.

Different downed states have different weaknesses. Mes’s #2 is one of the best even if it can be countered by not giving a target (PSA random deer etc. will work as a target). IMO vapor needs to have a counter and some of the other downed states need to have fewer (single target projectile cc is just rubbish), but mes #2 is just fine.

Tarnished Coast

Downed state and thieves

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I’ve been complaining about thieves since launch and it falls on deaf ears. Unless we get new dev’s, Thieves will continue to be the kitten /troll dishonorable profession of the game. Even if people wish to proclaim it’s all skill, then the class simply has a greater ceiling than the other professions which makes them imbalanced. Either way, it’s not stealth as much as it’s damage output. Thieves scale way too high in WvW compared to their sPvP variant.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Downed state and thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Terravos.4059

Terravos.4059

You are wining fights on a ranger? Against equally geared opponents? In which alternate reality are you lining good sir? Honestly if you win more than you lose as a ranger I am VERY impressed. Blind “spam” is the thief version of protection or aegis “spam” and the thief version of stability, the difference being it works only for one target. Usually the reason why thieves come back from stealth with full health is not the in stealth regeneration but the thief useing her healingskill in stealth, many of us “protect” the use of healing with stealth. This is done for two reasons: It is harder to interruptthe healing and your opponent does not know you used your healing skill, which makes you look stronger than you actually are.

Stealth or invisibility does not prevent interrupts, not even the ones used by the downed player.

I wonder why this causes so much grief and why mesmer or engineer stealth stomps are not even mentioned.

Besides there are lots of those kind of mechanics in the game, mistform stomp, deathshroud stomp, mistform ressurection….

I really do not understand why of all things thieves can do this is supposed to be a problem.

I can understand if people complain about the damage (especially on sword 1), though. But even there people usually complain about the wrong skills (like backstab while the real problem is mug and CnD).

So wait, you think Rangers are terrible at 1v1?

lol

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Xsorus – Ranger PvP movies Creator of the BM Bunker

Downed state and thieves

in WvW

Aberrant.6749

I’ve been complaining about thieves since launch and it falls on deaf ears. Unless we get new dev’s, Thieves will continue to be the kitten /troll dishonorable profession of the game. Even if people wish to proclaim it’s all skill, then the class simply has a greater ceiling than the other professions which makes them imbalanced. Either way, it’s not stealth as much as it’s damage output. Thieves scale way too high in WvW compared to their sPvP variant.

Yea! Power to honorable wars that can reset matches through movement skills! -.-

Seriously… every single class has a troll build… and other classes can burst harder than a thief…

Tarnished Coast

Downed state and thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Sceinna.3561

Sceinna.3561

I agree with OP & all posts in this topic. Do nerf stealth stomp and Shadowstep stomp. Thieves occasionally downing you is fine but getting a kill and potentially a lootbag for it? Hell no.

It doesn’t matter that they die right after they stomp you because they wasted their stunbreaker/escape, they should never be able to get a kill regardless.

On a more serious note, I kill about 10% of the targets I down.. take away Shadowstep stomp/Stealth stomp and I won’t be killing anything at all. All other classes have the same or even better access to “secure stomping”, stability, invuln…

Thieves are cheesy, all of them, every single build. Some are lame and seem “OP” because they reset fights much like warriors do with sprinting away like Usain Bolt. Yes, that should be fixed.. combat resetting is a huuuuuge problem imo.

I would love to see Thieves only being able to stealth while actively staying in combat (nerf to Shadow Refuge would already fix this, there is no need for it to cover your kitten for 5s and additionally granting you like 13s of stealth..), the QQ would be less frequent if that happened. Refuge is already cool as it is being cloaked in the field itself. Perfect tool for ressing allies. Sadly enough also the perfect tool to reset a fight completely.

@ Dee Jay, probably one of the first times I agree with you on a thief topic o.o lol

Downed state and thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Eloquence.5207

Eloquence.5207

Inb4 L2P.

Lol at comparing stealth to stability.

“L2P” according to pr0 Thieves
http://youtu.be/k0YDuSLXcX8?t=3m16s
See, Blinding Powder is nothing.

Downed state and thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

Inb4 L2P.

Lol at comparing stealth to stability.

Wtf did I just watch in your sig…

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

Downed state and thieves

in WvW

Posted by: zacharias.5437

zacharias.5437

Yeah, it’s what I thought. Y’all don’t need to worry though, Anet loves thieves so they will never be nerfed, no need to shout down every trace of criticism on these forums. Now back to WvW to listen to all the complaining about thieves on map chat and server TS.

Downed state and thieves

in WvW

Posted by: teg.1340

teg.1340

You can’t target them and no one can revive you in time. So the downed state is basically pointless against thieves.

That’s wrong. Reviving is faster than stomping, no matter if it’s a stealth stomp or a normal stomp. Stomp time is the same and its slower than reviving.

All you have to do is start reviving as soon as your mate has been downed and the thief wont get the stomp. Yep, its really that simple, but most players in WvW don’t have a clue what they are doing.

Downed state and thieves

in WvW

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

Fairest change: Initiating a stomp removes and makes you immune to stability, invulnerability, transformations (such as mist form), quickness, and invisibility.

(edited by roamzero.9486)

Downed state and thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Epic.3950

Epic.3950

Fairest change: Initiating a stomp removes and makes you immune to stability, invulnerability, transformations (such as mist form), quickness, and invisibility.

no fairest change is get rid of downstate. enough with your carebear i deserve a second chance mentality. you died. now die.

Downed state and thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Opferklopfer.9163

Opferklopfer.9163

You can do it too because you’re a ranger, you’re not meant to do it any other way.
Stop comparing airplanes to potatoes, thats ridiculous… i only stealth / blind / shadowstep -stomp people who are fighting against their defeat, if you’re down, you’re down.. i dont teleport or stealth away when im dead either.. just accept you got killed how hard is that?

[HMH]
Acid Blossom – Thief (not more, not less.. and yes i eat babies)

Downed state and thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Redg.9807

Redg.9807

Lol, for real ?
People really like to hate thieves…
You guys are complaining about thieves stomps ? Wrong target
As a mesmer I got invneralble stomp, stealth stomp, interrupt-allies-res stomp and TP-stomp for thieves if I guess where they are going to teleport…
Only eles and mesmers can escape my wrath and you are talking about thieves xD

“Another testament to my greatness !”
Enid Asuran Trollz [Join] The Asuran Fanclub

Downed state and thieves

in WvW

Posted by: The Clague.4765

The Clague.4765

Thieves a dishonorable profession – what a ridiculous concept. Seriously, I cannot imagine a more stupid comment.

I have played significant amounts of wvw with my thief, warrior and necro and I can say while thief is the most fun to play it also feels the most precarious.

Downed state and thieves

in WvW

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

no fairest change is get rid of downstate. enough with your carebear i deserve a second chance mentality. you died. now die.

It’s about the fairest thing you can get, yes. Just because you’re ‘alive’ when downed doesn’t mean you should have everything at your disposition to continue the fight.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

Downed state and thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Ransom.1362

Ransom.1362

Everyone hating on me and my main

Can’t beat a thief, play one and discover the weaknesses. You’ll be astonished by how many times you can easily get roflstomped. I’ve played a warrior and I can literally just smash my face on my keyboard and win fights.

Being a thief requires much more skill, and is much more rewarding if you play it well. And when people encounter someone who can play it well, they come to forums and complain

Downed state and thieves

in WvW

Posted by: The Clague.4765

The Clague.4765

Being a thief requires much more skill, and is much more rewarding if you play it well. And when people encounter someone who can play it well, they come to forums and complain

I completely agree. The issue is that you can play some classes without investing much time in being skilled at the game and still do okay. To even survive as a thief requires you to engage in the game mechanics much more. So when you meet that thief 1 on 1 on the battlefield you can be sure they know what they are doing, and you probably do not.

But warriors can be that good in the correct hands. Yesterday I twice ran into a sword/shield warrior in EOTM that completely owned me both time (I am not used to losing to warriors 1 on 1). I was very impressed and went back for another fight to figure out what he was doing but he was gone.

That is the mentality of those that play more difficult classes – constantly learning and evolving the playstyle depending on the opponent. My experience of warrior players in the forums is if they keep losing to a specific class the game is at fault rather than recognizing their own weakness or use of an incorrect build.

Downed state and thieves

in WvW

Posted by: ryan.6217

ryan.6217

Thieves being “dishonorable”. Weird how that makes sense. And nobody said downed stomping in stealth takes skill. stay on topic buddy. People are complaining about not being able to counter it, not complaining about thief in general. Aside from that Stealth stomping is our way of invuln stomping. Or stability stomping. The difference is stealth stomping is the easiest to counter.

Downed state and thieves

in WvW

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

As has been stated already, the issue with stealth stomping is it completely negates some downed skills — in short any skill which requires a target and cannot be used otherwise.

A stomp is essentially an attack, but it doesn’t remove the player from stealth until the attack is complete. There have been many suggestions to break stealth when an attack starts (not when it hits). That would apply to any attack, not just stomps.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

Downed state and thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Huggyos.9584

Huggyos.9584

I know I’m going to get grief for saying this but I hate thieves. They really are overpowered even as they argue about how fragile and limited they are. I’ve learned to deal with the stealth every few seconds to some extent but someone explain how it is fair that when you are downed, thieves can just stealth on top of you and finish you off? You can’t target them and no one can revive you in time. So the downed state is basically pointless against thieves.

I have the same opinion. This is the one of the most annoying imbalanced thing in gw2. They are got immunity against all downed skills easily. All of them doing that.

We will Desolate!

Downed state and thieves

in WvW

Posted by: godz raiden.2631

godz raiden.2631

As has been stated already, the issue with stealth stomping is it completely negates some downed skills — in short any skill which requires a target and cannot be used otherwise.

A stomp is essentially an attack, but it doesn’t remove the player from stealth until the attack is complete. There have been many suggestions to break stealth when an attack starts (not when it hits). That would apply to any attack, not just stomps.

Yeah, well if I get downed when I’m playing my thief my 3rd downed skill is countered by my enemy smashing their face on their weapon skills right on top of where I went stealth.

Besides, as was stated earlier in this thread, stability and invuln stomps negate just as many downed skills. Just face the facts, if you’re downed, you lost the fight. Who cares if the thief stealths to stomp you. He could just as easily continue to stab you to death while you bleed out, stomping you just happens to be faster generally. Deal with it.

Godz Raiden (Thief)
Maguuma

Downed state and thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

It’s really a case of certain classes being strong or weak vs other specific classes.

I’ve played a ranger and a then a thief .. after I got tired of dying to “OP thieves”. So my thief is named Tired of OP = )

Probably 75% of all stomp interrupts are negated by stability. No one complains when a warrior or guardian pops stability and stomps through the ranger thunderclap, necro fear, guardian bubble crap, engineer blast, or warrior hammer.

The squishies – mesmer, ele, and thief – get an evasion based stomp interrupt. Mesmer invis/shadowstep, ele mist or vapor form, can’t remember which is which, and thief shadowsteps. Stability doesn’t help on these, and additionally a stealthed opponent has no benefit to stomping one of these classes.

So the real overpowered ability here is stability.
Thieves have 8 seconds of stability every 2 minutes – and that’s if you start and cancel daggerstorm. That’s it. So naturally, thieves get creative.
Our options are:
A) Blind
B) Shadowstep away/back
C) Stealth

A is extremely hard to time on some (guardian bubble) or easy (necro, warrior, ranger)
B is cheesetastic, and in my mind, is a horrible waste of a get out of jail free card
C is only a problem for timing on Necro/Guard/Ranger. Having no target, the abilities still do their job just fine. Warriors have a tougher time there – hammer is single target. And maybe that’s the thing to fix.

And Ele’s getting into portals is dumb.

Just dumb.

Downed state and thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Huggyos.9584

Huggyos.9584

It’s really a case of certain classes being strong or weak vs other specific classes.

I’ve played a ranger and a then a thief .. after I got tired of dying to “OP thieves”. So my thief is named Tired of OP = )

Probably 75% of all stomp interrupts are negated by stability. No one complains when a warrior or guardian pops stability and stomps through the ranger thunderclap, necro fear, guardian bubble crap, engineer blast, or warrior hammer.

The squishies – mesmer, ele, and thief – get an evasion based stomp interrupt. Mesmer invis/shadowstep, ele mist or vapor form, can’t remember which is which, and thief shadowsteps. Stability doesn’t help on these, and additionally a stealthed opponent has no benefit to stomping one of these classes.

So the real overpowered ability here is stability.
Thieves have 8 seconds of stability every 2 minutes – and that’s if you start and cancel daggerstorm. That’s it. So naturally, thieves get creative.
Our options are:
A) Blind
B) Shadowstep away/back
C) Stealth

A is extremely hard to time on some (guardian bubble) or easy (necro, warrior, ranger)
B is cheesetastic, and in my mind, is a horrible waste of a get out of jail free card
C is only a problem for timing on Necro/Guard/Ranger. Having no target, the abilities still do their job just fine. Warriors have a tougher time there – hammer is single target. And maybe that’s the thing to fix.

And Ele’s getting into portals is dumb.

Just dumb.

I agree with part that necro fear downed skill is totally useless as well, because nearly all of the times it will be blocked by the enemy players for some reason (stability?) or due skill mechanic, I don’t know..

We will Desolate!

Downed state and thieves

in WvW

Posted by: effinshiddy.1364

effinshiddy.1364

this one of about a billion threads where thieves (or insert your hated class) are blamed for something that boils down to awful community play. as overflows for any giant content can show you, there’s a small % of people who try and be part of the community. downed state is no different.

as a thief, i see a downed person and shadow refuge is pretty much automatic on my part when fighting. you know what 99.99999999999% of downed people do? they start spamming attacks at anything try to stomp them and i can’t rez in time. their fault not mine.

i go down in fights, and literally i’ll have 5 people around me including necros and hammer wars and other thieves. you know what 99.9999999999999% of you do? not even try to rez, or if you do try rezzing, no one fears, hammer stuns, uses shadow refuge…

people come to this game to spam 1. if they came to work together, in the above instance, the war would spam some hammer stuns, the necro would let off a fear or well, and the thief would shadow refuge and rez.

don’t blame the mechanics or the class: everything has been set to easy mode so everything has a counter. the problem is this game is so easy mode, no one takes the time to even think about using counters, being smart when helping other players or even receiving help, or being part of the community that is outside their guild or friends.

we would have had a lot less nerfs to all jobs if people analyzed the skills instead of just crying in the forums constantly. can thieves invis too much? yes …but can every other job spam cc counters to them? absolutely. unfortunately we have been spoon fed too much press-1 content for people to bother actually learning how to synergize.

Downed state and thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

The problem is not thieves or stealth. It’s the downed state itself. It’s a stupid mechanic that shouldn’t exist.

Downed state and thieves

in WvW

Aberrant.6749

don’t blame the mechanics or the class: everything has been set to easy mode so everything has a counter. the problem is this game is so easy mode, no one takes the time to even think about using counters, being smart when helping other players or even receiving help, or being part of the community that is outside their guild or friends.

we would have had a lot less nerfs to all jobs if people analyzed the skills instead of just crying in the forums constantly. can thieves invis too much? yes …but can every other job spam cc counters to them? absolutely. unfortunately we have been spoon fed too much press-1 content for people to bother actually learning how to synergize.

Ok, lets look at some downed state skills then.

Ele – can not be countered regardless of how many people are stomping also allows the ele to reposition.

Eng – long, obvious cast time single target projectile pull that can be countered by invuln, stability, aegis, blind, stealth, two players stomping, stomping behind a pet, stomping behind a small pebble (obstructed)…

You know… balance.

Tarnished Coast

Downed state and thieves

in WvW

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

Stability and invulnerability stomps negate other professions downed state skills so why are we just picking on stealth stomps then?

I have no problem with a stealth stomper getting revealed after said stomp has been completed so that it follows the stealth rules of other skills which apply a revealed after an attack from stealth. I’m not for having revealed apply when the attack starts, only after said stomp was successfully completed.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

Downed state and thieves

in WvW

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

Stability and invulnerability stomps negate other professions downed state skills so why are we just picking on stealth stomps then?

I have no problem with a stealth stomper getting revealed after said stomp has been completed so that it follows the stealth rules of other skills which apply a revealed after an attack from stealth. I’m not for having revealed apply when the attack starts, only after said stomp was successfully completed.

So use stability or invulnerability like everyone else (queue “I have no stability” QQ).

I’m not saying thieves are in a good place — in fact I think the design is flawed resulting in a horribly underpowered class if stealth is nerfed in any way. I am for a reworking of stealth and thieves in general (which is why I voted for it in the recent CDI poll).

Until the class is overhauled, these discussions are moot. The mechanic is broken — defend stealth stomping all you want, but it’s cheese at its finest.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

Downed state and thieves

in WvW

Posted by: godz raiden.2631

godz raiden.2631

So use stability or invulnerability like everyone else (queue “I have no stability” QQ).

I’m not saying thieves are in a good place — in fact I think the design is flawed resulting in a horribly underpowered class if stealth is nerfed in any way. I am for a reworking of stealth and thieves in general (which is why I voted for it in the recent CDI poll).

Until the class is overhauled, these discussions are moot. The mechanic is broken — defend stealth stomping all you want, but it’s cheese at its finest.

But… thieves actually don’t have stability outside outside of Daggerstorm… and they have no invulnerability…

You can’t mock thieves with a comment like "So use stability or invulnerability like everyone else (queue “I have no stability” QQ)" because that statement is true. I can’t just bang my fist on my utilities and suddenly have stability. Seriously, it’s a lot easier for me to stomp people on my mesmer and guardian than it is on my thief. On my guardian I just hit “Stand Your Ground” and nothing can stomp me. On my mesmer I just use “Distortion” or use stealth and nothing can stop me. Come to think of it, if you have such a problem with stealth stomping you should really be targeting mesmers. They can enter stealth with more ease than thieves in some situations, and they can go invulnerable while they stomp you as well.

And for the last time… if you’re downed… face it, you should die. I don’t care if I get stomped by someone in stealth, with stability, or invulnerable. I downed, I lost, stomp me and get a loot bag, you deserve it.

Godz Raiden (Thief)
Maguuma

Downed state and thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Blackarps.1974

Blackarps.1974

I think its more about downed state skills needing some work versus saying stealth needs a rework.

Maguuma Guardian