DragonBand WvW Transfer Questions

in WvW

Posted by: Deadpool.6709

Deadpool.6709

There’s a group of us that are trying to find a new home in WvW and DB is one of the places we are talking about. We do have some questions and if we can get some answers that be awesome.
How are your Que Times in the Morning, Afternoon, Night?
How active is WvW in the Mornings, Afternoon, Night?
Do you peeps have a SEA/OCEANIC/nightcrew?
A lot of us Roam, is there a lot of roamers going on in EB and BL’s?
We got one guy that likes to Claim and Siege a Tower, is there usually a Tower thats open in EB majority of the time?

Dead Poptart (lvl 80 Engi) [HoBo] Hobo For Hire [NSP] Part Time Guard Killer/Yak Killer

in WvW

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

DB is sitting at the top of T3 because its SEA/OCX crew vastly outnumber anything else you’d find in that tier. NNK and TFV are the two main guilds during that timeslot.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Robin Hood.3850

Robin Hood.3850

-Only que times during NA prime normally on EB, but reset can be qued for a few maps. It honestly really depends how the matchup is going, if we are doing well the fairweathers come out and que up, if not, it’s not hard to join any map.
-WvW in the night is pretty active I guess, I don’t WvW during the morning or afternoon so I can’t speak about that.
-We have a major SEA/OCX presence like Boonprot said
-Not many roamers but you might find a couple.
-I’m sure theres a tower for your guy in EB

Dyein
Twitch.tv/Dyeingaming

in WvW

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

Make an account at www.dragonbrandforums.com and make a thread in the meet and greet section.

We have queues during NA prime usually on 1 or 2 maps, on reset night between 1 to 3 maps. Activity is good during NA, OC, and SEA, and low during EU. We just recently made friends with WET and they are excellent roamers, there are some other small guilds and militia roamers. 1 or 2 towers are usually claimed in EBG and they rarely have scouts.

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

(edited by XacTactX.6709)

in WvW

Posted by: Virtute.8251

Virtute.8251

http://dragonbrandforums.com/index.php?/topic/849-hiya/

How are your Que Times in the Morning, Afternoon, Night?
How active is WvW in the Mornings, Afternoon, Night?

Fair weather will queue all 4 maps on reset. Bad weather queues EBG and the BL we focus heavily on.

Do you peeps have a SEA/OCEANIC/nightcrew?

More than any server below us, and apparently more than Maguuma (we haven’t fought SoS or FA recently enough to know).

A lot of us Roam, is there a lot of roamers going on in EB and BL’s?

EBG more than BL. Roamers don’t announce themselves on map. You have to get to know them.

We got one guy that likes to Claim and Siege a Tower, is there usually a Tower thats open in EB majority of the time?

Yes.

Legendary PvF Keep Lord Anvu Pansu Senpai
RvR isn’t “endgame”, it’s the only game. Cu in CU.

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

More than any server below us, and apparently more than Maguuma (we haven’t fought SoS or FA recently enough to know).

At this point looks like maybe only SoS Sea/Ocx would be a good challenge to yours, sounds like you guys are in the same position we were in not long ago before the new transfers, with the amount you can queue up for NA. Would certainly be interesting to fight Dragonbrand in T2.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Virtute.8251

At this point looks like maybe only SoS Sea/Ocx would be a good challenge to yours, sounds like you guys are in the same position we were in not long ago before the new transfers, with the amount you can queue up for NA. Would certainly be interesting to fight Dragonbrand in T2.

I doubt how interesting that fight will be for SoS. Maguuma had a very difficult time with finding fights outside of scheduled GvG. That quickly escalated to them forgoing the fight hunt for playing hard PPT, because they found infrequent opposition in doing so. It ended with them drawing away enough points to make this week’s matching more likely, which is what they were playing for.

Dragonbrand can rightly claim to have a SEA population comparable in volume to SoS. I believe our OCX zone is covered primarily by SEA and NA based players.

The difference between the two cultures is where the SoS vs DB match falls apart the same as Mag vs DB. Per capita, the DB majority of WvW players doesn’t log into game intending to go to WvW to help. Most are more selfish than that. The pug checks the scoreboard first. The WvW guilds and commanders have the heart to press on in spite of that fact, but most of our WvW guilds that honestly own that descriptor (veterans that really know what to do and when) do not command and play either in GvG or in zerg-hunting guilds.

Tier 2 will not get fair fights out of DB until DB grows and gains more WvW-centric players.

Our rank history from week 02 to week 09 is explained primarily by dying servers passing us by (beginning with Ehmry dying while in match with us), and secondarily by a status quo stability where we retain a relatively high population whose majority takes WvW as a secondary pass time during the easier matches. Because they don’t necessarily value WvW highly, they aren’t encouraged to leave by poor performance in our matches against T2 servers. That merely influences their choice to not play much WvW that week.

Compare last year’s week 30 match to this year’s week 08, to really see what I mean.

Week 30
8. 1st Maguuma 320 466
6. 3rd Dragonbrand 137 667
10. 2nd Ehmry Bay 167 035

Week 08
6. 1st Maguuma 305 300
8. 2nd Dragonbrand 198 063
9. 3rd Stormbluff Isle 124 163

Dragonbrand is a stable, non-progressive culture. Internally it has changed very little in since it fell from tier 2 last year. The only thing that changed was the relative strength of servers that beat DB down to rank #10 before we settled there.

So, until something (specifically, groups lead by the right kinds of someone) steers DB toward more consistently skilled play, we are rightly positioned at rank #7 in regard to what happens if we fight anyone rank #8 or lower. However, the distance between rank #7 and rank #6 is much wider than 40 leaderboard points does justice to explaining.

(edited by Virtute.8251)

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

So, until something (specifically, groups lead by the right kinds of someone) steers DB toward more consistently skilled play, we are rightly positioned at rank #7 in regard to what happens if we fight anyone rank #8 or lower. However, the distance between rank #7 and rank #6 is much wider than 40 leaderboard points does justice to explaining.

I think it’s more about the distance between #8 and #7 that is causing the problem. One that will go away as SoR drops down and DB reaches the point where it cannot gain score.

FA has fantastic NA, great GvG guilds, and I like fighting them; but they continue to bleed off hours guilds.

The best thing would be for DB to get some more WvW-centric players and make a play for T2. Hopefully the OP and others decide to do so.

Having DB stuck at the top of T3; PvD’ing and destroying any server that moves into T3 is not good for anyone.

in WvW

Virtute.8251

I think it’s more about the distance between #8 and #7 that is causing the problem. One that will go away as SoR drops down and DB reaches the point where it cannot gain score.

FA has fantastic NA, great GvG guilds, and I like fighting them; but they continue to bleed off hours guilds.

The best thing would be for DB to get some more WvW-centric players and make a play for T2. Hopefully the OP and others decide to do so.

Having DB stuck at the top of T3; PvD’ing and destroying any server that moves into T3 is not good for anyone.

I’m taking the predicted match-end rankings for granted, and judging DB as already moved to #7, where it will be about 40 rank points away from FA at #6. Then I am assuming from experience that FA will dominate DB if we match against them, even if (perhaps especially if) it is FA/DB/SoR or similar.

Where I mention the distance between DB at #7 and FA at #6, that is why I say that the distance between the two is greater than the number of rank points separating their positions on the board next week. FA marks the first position on the board where it and all servers above it possess high population, an honest desire to win fights (strategically and tactically, without inherent regard for currency and account bound reward), and the skills to win those fights.

Count off the servers from #6 and upward. As you go up, those mentioned and other related factors increase in volume proportionately. It’s the server ranking system doing it’s job. DB has individuals and guilds that express those factors, but not in sufficient volume of people doing it well to survive in tier 2. Relative to neighbors, DB is already at the point where it can not gain score. We needn’t count SoR in that, as it’s simply distributing points as it ranks down. Relatively, those points will balance.

FA having fantastic NA and great GvG guilds (presumably in NA) is an instant win for them versus us. We have mediocre NA and a budding GvG guild or two that are late to the party, trying to catch up.

TLDR:

Dragonbrand is to Tier 3 what Tarnished Coast was to Tier 2 last year: just too big for the tier, but without a snowball’s chance in the tier above.

in WvW

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

Honestly DB might beat FA in a SoR/DB/FA week purely because your SEA will flat out ppt FAs NA.

Commander Nachonix

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I haven’t been on DB for a while now, but I do very clearly remember their SEA presence being completely ridiculous. When TFV and/or NNK get on the other servers may as well lay down and let them take everything. Even when the enemy tries to defend either they’ll leave for 5 minutes to regroup and devise a simple plan or they’ll just push through whether they like it or not.
I didn’t mind my time on DB but I’d say honestly the only downside (and a big part of what made me leave) is how much bickering is constantly going on in mapchat… If that doesn’t bother you then I’d totally recommend it. Very, very strong offence, legendary SEA crew and moving up in tiers pretty fast.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Dragonbrand is to Tier 3 what Tarnished Coast was to Tier 2 last year: just too big for the tier, but without a snowball’s chance in the tier above.

TC are in first place right now and doing a pretty good job of staying there.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Chris.3290

TC are in first place right now and doing a pretty good job of staying there.

He’s talking about last summer, when TC dominated T2 but couldn’t compete with T1 in any form.

in WvW

Chris.3290

The “Wagonbrand” days attracted the wrong crowd. What DB needed and still needs are folks who want to stay there, not ride the SEA coverage to T1.

in WvW

Posted by: Alloy.2839

Alloy.2839

I have been on DB since I bought the game and have been playing primarily WvWvW there for over a year. Here are my answers to the OP’s questions.

> In the NA time zones there is seldom a queue on any map. Very rarely are all maps queued at the same time and that is mainly after reset for a few hours.

> Our SEA guilds usually go to sleep around 7 to 8 AM server time. Then follows 1 or 2 hours of sad time where we start out owning a lot on the maps and don’t have enough people to defend it. After that, until about 3 to 4 PM server time it depends on the relative strength of our opponents. If they are weak we will do ok, if they are strong things can be somewhat discouraging.

> As others have said, we have a night crew and they are top flight.

> I don’t roam much so I can’t say for sure. I do see 1v1 and small party skirmishes when I’m playing. When we are losing to a server it is often because they have formed a mega zerg. Roamers might have fun with that because the mega zerg can’t be everywhere at once.

> Unless we are absolutely getting owned we usually hold the keep and the 2 close towers playing green and blue. When we are playing red we hold the keep and Veloka (hope I spelled that right). The other towers flip more or less frequently depending on the strength of our opponents.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Without that SEA running PvDoor for several hours they would struggle to be in T4. Their SEA pushes their ranking way above where their NA is competitive. Their SEA group also prefers PvDoor over open field fights so lots of Karma and chests if you play during those hours. I was on DB for a while and during NA we were constantly fighting out manned against much more NA populated servers.

This might have changed recently but when we were locked with them in T4, we routinely beat them during NA and BP is a solid T4 server. Mags (T2) annihilated them.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

(edited by Straegen.2938)