Dragonbrand | Maguuma | Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Chaokel.5916

Chaokel.5916

I noticed there wasn’t a thread up for this matchup yet (at least that i could find), so here we go.

Current scores stand at:

SoS: 9,785, +325 SM *
DB: 6,865, +210
MG: 5782, +160 **

Looking forwards to good fights all week.

in WvW

Posted by: Limulus.4380

Limulus.4380

I’m rooting for DB. You can do iiiiiT!

in WvW

Chaokel.5916

Quick score update:

SoS: 11,482, +435 SM *
DB: 7,563, +145
MG: 6,381, +115 **

SoS oceanic presence seems to have kicked in, in the last couple of hours.

I would like to see both DB and MG putting their differences aside come offpeak, if they both managed to get everyone into a single map (or two) they could prevent SoS from completely taking over, as well as potentially leaving NA pt with a few upgraded locations to start from.

in WvW

Posted by: Proeliator.8740

Proeliator.8740

I’m on DB and just got out of doing WvW for a few hours. SoS seems pretty well organized in eternal BG or else they outnumber us not sure. They seem to be covering both the north and west at the same time.

Was fun I killed many and died a few times myself. Going back for more soon!!

MG doesn’t even seem to be represented other than a good push a few hours ago then they lost everything again.

in WvW

Posted by: sceptus.9415

sceptus.9415

Good luck to Dragonbrand.

Hern | Sceptus | Vulkus | Colbane
[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Grumpdogg.6910

Grumpdogg.6910

SoS is really benefitting from the influx of USA players. Ain’t no stopping us now

“I swung a sword, I swung a sword again, oh look I swung a sword again!”
- Colin Johanson while spamming key 1 in GW2

in WvW

Posted by: uthamora.5180

uthamora.5180

Looks like we could have a good match for a change, seems that if we come up with a strong NA server SOS just can not quite win as we lose so much during our work day time.

in WvW

Posted by: Mandena.6109

Mandena.6109

How about that 5 hour siege on bastion w/orb. Inner wall down and we still hold against both servers for 30min or so. Good times on Maguuma as always.

in WvW

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

MG doesn’t even seem to be represented other than a good push a few hours ago then they lost everything again.

We didn’t have many but it was a good surge of energy. At some point it must of been bed time or something because like 90% of our people suddenly went poof like mesmer clones and we were back to our starting waypoint again.

Kash
NSP

in WvW

Posted by: NorthStar.3798

NorthStar.3798

Great job to Dragonbrand players and Guilds on all the borderlands! We did very well during NA Prime time. Better I really expected. Vengeance played on Maguuma borderland most of the night. SoS ha so many players that DB had the outman buff.

DB is currently 2nd in points, but what DB took in keeps/towers in NA prime time, DB lost over night while DB slept and SoS oceanic players took over keeps/towers. DB did expect this though.

[VNG]Northstar
www.VengeanceClan.com
Sanctum of Rall

(edited by NorthStar.3798)

in WvW

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Just like to throw this out there, the influx of NA players your seeing on SoS all came from Dragonbrand.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in WvW

Posted by: uthamora.5180

uthamora.5180

Sad to see but looks like SOS is going to smash both other servers 1st day and SOS is 24k ahead and have 500 point lead atm. will lose some over night but have all day Sunday where we can play on NA prime time so by the time we get to week days we will have huge lead.

in WvW

Posted by: NorthStar.3798

NorthStar.3798

Yes, most of the DB guilds know that. We choose to stay.

[VNG]Northstar
www.VengeanceClan.com
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Tunafish.8695

Tunafish.8695

Gonna be a week not worth playing.

in WvW

Posted by: Casia.4281

Casia.4281

Just like to throw this out there, the influx of NA players your seeing on SoS all came from Dragonbrand.

that is not true.

They came for one other server as well for sure.

in WvW

Warlord.9074

that is not true.

They came for one other server as well for sure.

In the last 48 hours? I wouldn’t come in here and lie, I’m sure there are others who came from other servers, but in the last 48 hours, I know of at least 7 large guilds who xfered from DB to SoS.

in WvW

Posted by: Dashel.8056

Dashel.8056

7 large NA guilds from DB? But yeah last 48 hours NA guild(s) from servers other than DB came to SoS.

in WvW

Posted by: Casia.4281

Casia.4281

Yes, at least one major guild from HoD joined SoS since Tuesday. I believe several smaller ones, may have came with them.

in WvW

Posted by: RiversOnFire.3607

RiversOnFire.3607

Current scores stand at:

SoS: 38,657, +590 SM *
DB: 11,243, +60
MG: 9660, +45

27k… based on current score, SoS has a very chance to win.

for that in US primetime, MAG is going to stall DB , SoS fought DB last week, personal opinion, MAGs r tougher than FAs or SoSs, but, they outnumbered all the time, so, DB will have some tough time during US primetime.

besides, 9am EST, we r queueing? SoS is turning into a 24h server? sweet!

in WvW

Warlord.9074

Who cares, transfers are just baddies looking for a ride.

Players of SoS need to understand that, whatever pride they have for their server isn’t necessarily shared by those who transferred there. They may in time be proud of the server as long as they are winning, but that is all they care about is winning, and that’s why they moved to SoS due to the heavy Oceanic presence. If SoS ever moves up in the ranks and starts to lose and players leave they will cut and run just like they did on their old server and find a new server they can win on.

in WvW

Posted by: SanDanV.2951

SanDanV.2951

I have waited for an entire week to play a balanced match and I wake up this morning to SoS ROFLSTOMPING. WvWvW dead on day 2 of the week. Looks like a great time to level my Monk…. sad.

in WvW

Posted by: gorgewall.4901

gorgewall.4901

Players of SoS need to understand that, whatever pride they have for their server isn’t necessarily shared by those who transferred there.

What could SoS possibly have pride in? Their ability to knock over empty keeps at 4am? Yeah, I know Dragonbrand had server pride at the start of last week, too, and everyone saw how that went the moment they faced serious opposition.

in WvW

Chaokel.5916

Sorry, but do all our previous opponents have pride in the same thing? We certainly had nobody on during NA PT.

We have pride that we could come out of the gates at a disadvantage (due to reset being at ~8am) and still give NA players a run for their money. Even if our PT seems to not last quite as long, on most days it was less than 8hours. Yet we continued to pull competitive scores out.

in WvW

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

1st week: Guilds leave Maguuma for DB after DB beats Maguuma in wvw
2nd week: Guilds leave DB and head to SoS
3rd week: DB, SoS and Maguuma all face each other

Interesting

V deathTouch V – Warrior
STD [Scarlet Gave Me Harpies]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Preacher.4836

Preacher.4836

For all the DB players out there let’s keep the attention on building our server back up, and not on the guilds that left. We need to start looking at the positives of the situation; we’ve got a very promising alliance just geeing off the ground and we did very well during NA prime time all things considered. We probably won’t be winning this match, but just give it time, keep it positive and we’ll see who comes out on top.

Preacher

Preacher Roy-Guardian, Preacherroy-Engineer, Necro Preacher-Necromancer, Preacher Clone-Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

Looks like SoS picked up some NA players this round. Last week you guys mostly just showed up between 3am-3pm EST but now you got some strength all the time it seems. DB used to have a strong Oceanic presence the first time we fought them, but I guess they lost those players along the way. Mag, as always, has almost no Oceanic players so SoS is insanely annoying to fight. But at least we can have some actual PvP with SoS this time around instead of only lose stuff in the off hours.

(edited by Rhyis.7058)

in WvW

Posted by: Tunafish.8695

Tunafish.8695

Boycott. WTF is the point in playing if you can’t do anything.

in WvW

Posted by: SmokeyNYY.7841

SmokeyNYY.7841

Man I wish my guild didn’t end up quitting on SoS after 4 days. Just straight up packed bags and left. Maybe we will come back over since SoR is getting destroyed right now.

in WvW

Posted by: Yummee.3170

Yummee.3170

Maguuma is pretty much dead. I don’t know what happened or if a bunch of guild just packed and left. But the past 3 weeks has been a nightmare for maguuma WvW. Everytime I go to WvW no matter what time, we always have the underman buff. LoL Sad… so sad… Thinking of packing my bags too..

Name: Fml Yummee
Guild: Hmong Warriors
Server: Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkle.4013

Nikkle.4013

Players of SoS need to understand that, whatever pride they have for their server isn’t necessarily shared by those who transferred there. They may in time be proud of the server as long as they are winning, but that is all they care about is winning, and that’s why they moved to SoS due to the heavy Oceanic presence. If SoS ever moves up in the ranks and starts to lose and players leave they will cut and run just like they did on their old server and find a new server they can win on.

People like this don’t understand why we left. We were the one’s who had server pride prior to launch. It just faded due to people on the server. We were coordinating between the guilds a week before early access. I understand you guys are mad. But you don’t know what you are talking about. We tried for week’s to get things working but it didn’t. The guilds that liked each other and did work together decided to move together. Now we hope SoS has more mature wvw players.

in WvW

Posted by: Krustydog.1043

Krustydog.1043

Players of SoS need to understand that, whatever pride they have for their server isn’t necessarily shared by those who transferred there.

What could SoS possibly have pride in? Their ability to knock over empty keeps at 4am? Yeah, I know Dragonbrand had server pride at the start of last week, too, and everyone saw how that went the moment they faced serious opposition.

Umm from reset til the aussies got on we were still owning you guys. it just exasperated the situation now that our US prime time crew is competitive as well. Thick and thin a lot of us have stayed and after getting our kittens handed to us week after week there’s not a lot of sympathy to be had for our enemies.

in WvW

Posted by: Preacher.4836

Preacher.4836

@Nikkle.4013: I respect your right to choose where you play and who you want to play with. But, please don’t imply that DB players are immature for feeling a bit betrayed by what happened.

Preacher

Preacher Roy-Guardian, Preacherroy-Engineer, Necro Preacher-Necromancer, Preacher Clone-Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Fury.6248

Fury.6248

Dragonbrand peeps the real true players the ones that don’t need to be carried by transfers just dig in, its only a week and you will get your satisfaction when they get destroyed by higher tiers of equal amounts of players, for now just enjoy killing these guys who were on our server and have fun.

Dragonbrand Server
Devious(DVS)

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkle.4013

Nikkle.4013

@Preacher.4836
kitten quote button disappeared :/. I wasn’t saying DB players are immature for feeling betrayed, that’s rather understandable. Though unjustified, IMO. I was saying the reason why some of the guilds left was the immaturity of some guilds/players. Some guilds were fine at db but moved because they liked the other guilds. And im sure there were guilds that just transferred for the overnight crew. I wanted a transfer to Kaineng btw :P

in WvW

Mandena.6109

Way to go server transfers. SoS now has 24/7 coverage and this week is completely ruined. Free transfers need to be turned off or else WvW will never be balanced.

in WvW

Posted by: Yummee.3170

Yummee.3170

I’m not from SoS but I’m rooting for SoS. I remember going against them when I was in Darkhaven. We would run Obsidian puzzle no fighting. good days

Name: Fml Yummee
Guild: Hmong Warriors
Server: Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Aurainsoph.5426

Aurainsoph.5426

4:30 pm on Saturday.

SoS 54,642 +655
DB 13,083 +20
Goons 10,935 +20

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

My server feels like it’s dying in WvW pop. I think the servers we beat before should come join us at Maguuma, since they obviously have less pop than us, too. We have some good leadership, and other people that just berate others when they don’t do what they say. I, personally, have found it very difficult to get people to go where there’s an obvious opportunity because they’re all listening to a specific voice at the time. I’d switch maps away from those people, but when we have a queue on only 1 map, the presence on the other three are usually minimal at best. Most of us are not playing for gear, or karma, so that if we have no players, why are we playing? We’re getting crushed by population. It’s addictive, and we want to keep trying no matter what. As depressing as it is. lol

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: SmokeyNYY.7841

SmokeyNYY.7841

That’s not true whatsoever. We never claimed to be winning the matchup for you guys since well because we weren’t winning the matchup lol. And also our leaders are very good and we listened to the other leaders all the time. The only time we did karma/gold farming was when we were outnumbered heavily.

in WvW

Posted by: Lonely Swedish.1590

Lonely Swedish.1590

You should care because they’re getting that ride, and they’re getting it at the expense of fun and balanced server matchups. Transfers are the reason that we’re 2 days into a matchup and it’s already so one-sided that the result is a foregone conclusion.

in WvW

Posted by: Arkiels.9016

Arkiels.9016

Coming from a guild that left Anvil Rock to join SoS because of the oceanic pressence. The exact same things were said on our server….“if we had the night pressence we would be good.”

Well you know what, now we do. We can play during the day, achieve something, log off and come back the next day with equivalent or better numbers while we sleep/work. You have the option to transfer to a competitive server as well.

This is by no means saying that your daytime crew isn’t good. Far from it, just without 24/7 coverage, your kittened.

in WvW

Chaokel.5916

I’m not sure why so many people in this thread are angry, you’ve been imploring oceanics to come to your server and shore up your coverage. Would you be abusing them and saying they were sick of losing and rubbish for swapping to your server?

The fact that some guilds saw that no oceanics were going to move and took it into their own hands to create the kind of server they had been advocating / wanting to play on, doesn’t make them suddenly terrible at the game, nor does it make them fair weather players.

Even if they were turn coating because they were losing (which i highly doubt), why would you want these kinds of players to stay on your server? Hypocracy is rife in these threads. You hate them, yet wish they had never left. They are terrible, yet you are boned without them. Oceanics should come to your server, yet any one who leaves for an oceanic server is the devil.

Come on people.. Enough blind attacks. Have some pride and respect for your fellow players regardless of server.

in WvW

Posted by: Miguel.2653

Miguel.2653

ok, here is the humble opinion of a Maguma WvW player:

First than all I like WvW I love it, because IF (with caps) numbers are balanced, the winning side is the one with the best strategy, I like that, I really enjoy it.

But that its a very big IF specially in last 3 weeks, as far as I can understand, DB is complaining now for the lack of numbers when 3 weeks ago this server totally crash MG due the lack of players of MG in WvW.
SoS is enjoying right now of this silly (not trying be rude) free server transfer, in next match, when they face a more populated or same populated but better organized server start to dominate the WvW match, that huge zerg players ‘wanna-win-all-time’ just will jump to that winning server messing match again.
So the main problem of matching is that high number of volatile players, and that will continue happening while the free server transfer continue.
Sadly for the players like me who love the WvW, 1 more week we simple must avoid playing WvW because it’s near to impossible to have fun there, people is demoralized to play, maybe they not leave the server, but for sure are not playing WvW anymore.
idk how Anet determine the points and the matches, but population should be a very important factor, not population of server, because MG is FULL of bots, not kidding, 2 from each 5 players in see in pve are bots, they should count the population of the server who actually join to WvW.

Tzzil (Mesmer / Mag)
Tzilacatzin (Ranger / Maguuma)

in WvW

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

I’m not sure why so many people in this thread are angry, you’ve been imploring oceanics to come to your server and shore up your coverage. Would you be abusing them and saying they were sick of losing and rubbish for swapping to your server?

I never said I cared about an ~Oceanic Presence~, and I’m not from DB. I’m also not angry; I would say I’m pretty annoyed though. Let me explain why:

Each week servers are ranked based off of the skill of the players that played in it the last week. Rankings will be more inaccurate the more players move between the servers because of this. You have chosen to take a large force and shuttle them between servers to effectively ruin the rating system.

Why do you do this? Apparently it involves lots of paragraphs and large words and other justifications that all boil down to what your actions are actually saying — for some reason or another you can’t wait out the rankings a match or two until you’re sorted into your proper tier where the matches are even and fun as hell. As a bonus, you’ve ended up facing the server that you were siphoned from as some kind of case study of how meaningless the glicko rating system is with server transfers available. Unfortunately, my server is now dragged into your mess when all we want is fun even matches that we don’t get because you are too impatient.

Seriously, take a look at the scoreboard and ask yourself why you’re playing WvW this week. Is playing a 3.5:1 spread actually even fun? If you actually wanted to have fun you’d be transferring back to DB to make the match more exciting.

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma

(edited by zastari.1730)

in WvW

Chaokel.5916

There is a problem with the rankings though. As it was SoS would of probably ended up in the same tier as these two servers if nothing changed. However would the matchup be fun? Probably not, although SoS can compete points wise the week/2 week long matches would of consisted of simply flipping property every 12 hours.

This is an anomaly yes, however it is not something that server rankings could simply fix. However with a competitive NA scene SoS will now be matched up against other servers that have similar coverage such as IoJ / BG / JQ / SBI etc.

SoS has had people complaining since launch about how unfun they are to play due to the TZ difference (go look up any old thread I can guarantee that 5%+ of the thread will be people whining about it), now that some people have taken it into their hands to fix the problem they get abused?

I do agree with the majority of your post though. The ranking system is pointless as long as this remains so volatile. Anet needs to do something about it, i don’t necessarily think turning off free transfers is the solution. But i will agree that something is broken and it definitely needs to be fixed and soon.

in WvW

Posted by: HoukaKetsueki.6924

HoukaKetsueki.6924

Don’t worry they’ll just jump ship again, when they start losing.

Koko Puffz / Kokoro Chan
Coerce[LOLI]
Tarnished Coast Asian Roamer

in WvW

Mandena.6109

Selfishness ruining the game for 2 entire servers is a shame. Those newly transferred players to SoS will be crapping their pants when they get destroyed by a top 5 server next week.

in WvW

Posted by: Miguel.2653

Miguel.2653

Selfishness ruining the game for 2 entire servers is a shame. Those newly transferred players to SoS will be crapping their pants when they get destroyed by a top 5 server next week.

hey dude, I have news for u, they dont need to worry about that, because they will keep having free transfers, wo, who cares about compete, they simply will jump to the winning server as well, feeding the strong servers every week.

Tzzil (Mesmer / Mag)
Tzilacatzin (Ranger / Maguuma)

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Transfer to Maguuma, we have fun in WvW despite losing pointwise

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Posted by: lil baby anime.6834

lil baby anime.6834

Holding a single point for like 45 minutes straight when you can’t see a kitten thing and are getting hit by like 5 siege weapons at once was a buttload of fun. Shout out to sos for providing it and better luck next time with that tower

lil baby anime aka teeny tiny anime bka the littlest of the baby animes