Dragonbrand just hack stole Fort Aspenwood orb

in WvW

Posted by: Vrumpt.1072

Vrumpt.1072

Title says it all.

We took the bay keep where Dragonbrand held the orb. We successfully ran the orb up to garrison.

A few minutes later a mesmer portals the army into the bay keep again and they take the keep as a result of this. The orb is still in FA posession.

10 minutes after that, the Alter inside our garrison is smashed, the orb is taken, and a couple minutes later the orb is in the Dragonbrand keep. Garrison was never breached in any way.

Sorry if this was meant for a CS forum, i dunno which is better for this.

I couldn’t get any names of anybody to report them, everything happened instantly and the orb just disappeared after it was left lying on the ground after the alter was smashed.

EDIT: forgot to mention this was on the Fort Aspenwood borderlands.

(edited by Vrumpt.1072)

in WvW

Posted by: MrPicklez.6473

MrPicklez.6473

Sad to hear. I’m from Dragonbrand — personally I hope that they remove the orbs at least until these hacking issues are fixed. Then, they shouldn’t re-implement the orbs because they aren’t fun. I don’t want to have an advantage or a disadvantage vs enemies, that should come from tactics and strategy, not boosted health and stats.

This game isn’t DAoC, in DAoC we had guards that were quite strong, and lost strength as you captured more points. That’s just one of the MANY differences, including no moronic “scoring” system, because most DAoCers played to kill people, not to win something with no reward. Heck, DF was a better reward than ‘winning’ WvW anyway. Regardless, it’s not DAoC, it’s a different game, and stat boosting ‘relics’ or ‘orbs’ shouldn’t be part of GW2.

in WvW

Posted by: Scorpio Shirica.1286

Scorpio Shirica.1286

Not sure that’s a hack, that’s a mesmer portal… and one of the reasons it’s critically important to clean a keep of any insiders. You leave a dead mesmer and an alive thief inside, yes, the thief can rez the mesmer than make your hard earned victory melt to dust.

This is not a hack, this is game mechanics and something that makes WvWvW. It’s unpredictable and an instance where two players can make a HUGE difference in a game with armies of hundreds.

There is a counter too it with game mechanics, not coding, therefore not a hack.

in WvW

Posted by: Jonto.2160

Jonto.2160

People saw him flying in there, and, how come it took less than 1 min to get back to their keep? And we’d had that keep for 3 hours+ i don’t think a sane person would stand there doing absolutly nothing for that time period

I believe in cookies.

in WvW

Vrumpt.1072

Not sure that’s a hack, that’s a mesmer portal… and one of the reasons it’s critically important to clean a keep of any insiders. You leave a dead mesmer and an alive thief inside, yes, the thief can rez the mesmer than make your hard earned victory melt to dust.

This is not a hack, this is game mechanics and something that makes WvWvW. It’s unpredictable and an instance where two players can make a HUGE difference in a game with armies of hundreds.

There is a counter too it with game mechanics, not coding, therefore not a hack.

They didn’t portal their way into the garrison. Suddenly the alter was smashed and the orb was lying on the ground. I was in the room when it was like this. A minute later, the orb was gone, and everybody was going “whered the orb go” in chat. Seconds later, the orb is in the Dreaming Bay keep.

That isn’t a mesmer portal, but since they’re using hacks, the mesmer portal that caused us to lose Dreaming Bay could have been a hacker as well. You just don’t know anymore.

in WvW

Posted by: Schadenfreude is our Friend.6950

Schadenfreude is our Friend.6950

Another Dragonbrand here. Requesting that the player who flyhacked gets a hardcore permaban.

Mesmer portalling is a something that is intended, but glitching and flying?

Nobody thinks that’s intended. Those aren’t features or skills, those are exploits. Please tell me someone screenshotted him? If not, I’ve asked, noone knows who it was- if we find him, we’ll report his sorry kitten. Best of luck to FA, hope this doesn’t influence our awesome battles <3

in WvW

Posted by: Scorpio Shirica.1286

Scorpio Shirica.1286

Then that’s a hack, all I saw in the OP was mesmer portal.

in WvW

Posted by: Shintai.5618

Shintai.5618

Its funny how all mesmers was just there hiding…for hours and hours. Or several keeps/towers in a row…

Its just blatant exploits and hacks. So stop defending them with some lame excuse to make yourself feel better of being part of it.

in WvW

Posted by: Telmae.5720

Telmae.5720

Northern Shiverpeaks just did the same thing to Anvil Rock.

in WvW

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

I don’t know what just happened on BG borderlands, but the orb disappeared from the map when DB (fairly) took it from our altar and found its way into DB’s keep. I’m not calling foul at the moment but something went terribly, terribly wrong as it literally was gone from sight on the map and, some minutes later, appeared in A. Hills. We were looking to run an intercept on the carrier but that proved impossible when we couldn’t see where it was.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Reonhato.5914

Reonhato.5914

Cant really blame dragonbrand for an individuals actions. Last night/this morning we had an alt build random seige next to the supply in our garrison (FA borderlands), 5 minutes later its attacked by serveral golems, this is despite the fact that we had the outmanned buff.

Some groups of players will do whatever it takes to win. Some people are just kitten and the fact that they feel it necessary to do this stuff in a MMO just makes me sad to about how kitteny their RL must be.

in WvW

Posted by: fost.9167

fost.9167

Karma from when Fort A did it to us :P

in WvW

Posted by: Mytheos.7205

Mytheos.7205

I’m from DB, if something is going on it isnt being made public, that said the cheater should be perma banned.

I have seen several instances with orbs turning into who has it, where is it at? Why is there an orb on the map ( I mean like middle of nowhere ) and when you get there, there is nothing…

There could be some funky glitches with it, or some hacks causing some residual funkyness.

But either way the only thing I have seen concrete with my own eyes was a guy speed hack, I chased after him and was within 1200 range as I could hit him, and he jumped in the water, and I immediately after ( The big lake in the middle ) I tookk one stroke forward and stopped as he was moving so fast he was nearly to the middle and then an instance later out of sight.

So there definite are some hacks going on although rare and I would hope Anet would have fixing/banning as a top priority.

in WvW

Posted by: Kam.8109

Kam.8109

Yeah DB loves to exploit the whole rendering thing. Mesmer makes a portal in the middle of battle and BAM! Invisible army ports in and destroys everything. They’re not really better players, they just know how to abuse the system.

in WvW

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Vena,

I was there, the person carrying the orb went the low road to the Hills. Several of us went the high road to intercept your interceptors. IIRC, some of the DB players were also mentioning they couldn’t see the orb on the map either. It seems the problem lies with the map’s functionality.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in WvW

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

for the record, after what TC described happened (hours later), we went after dreaming bay again. when we were almost inside the inner fort, the orb blinked out of existence, and 10 seconds later popped up on the other side of the map, where dragonbrand had just captured a keep.

10 seconds to cross the map. there’s no mesmer magic that can do that.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in WvW

Posted by: Narathkor.8541

Narathkor.8541

This goes back to they need to switch the outmanned and orb buffs. However, they also need to make that karma/experience/magic find affect the whole world, that way people would still fight over the orbs.

in WvW

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

Oozo, you certainly never ran into us,

There were close to twenty of us walking the low road and another five keeping an eye on the path under A. Hills, but we could never find the orb or the carrier and had no idea where he was. We went there immediately after the orb was taken from the Keeper and we even saw the orb teleport a good distance (which may have been a portal) from the Altar to outside of Spiritholme, then it was gone. We were running around all over trying to find your runner but nothing, and before we knew it the orb was put away in Hills.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Bwood.8654

Bwood.8654

One thing I can attest to is that this type of issue is happening EVERYWHERE. Yes, Anet needs to fix it and I’m sure they are doing the best they can with everything on their plates.

There are a few things that can be done though on our end:
1. SS the person so at least there is a “general look” of what the person looks like (of course easy to change that on a dime)
2. If you are capable to do so (because of the flying of course), you can right-click on their health bar and obtain their account name when you go to report them. Write that sucker down and post it up on here if you feel so inclined (I’d suggest having a screen shot of the person in action and the account name in game as to avoid question).
3. Ignore those jerks and try your best to enjoy the amazing match up that we’ve been having overall.

It is always a shame when select few ruin things for the whole but the more we ignore them now while they still can do it, hopefully the less inclined those doing it for “glory seeking” will feel it’s not worth the time/incoming permaban

Trist, PR Officer
PainTrain [PTX]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Vrumpt.1072

I’d be happy to ignore the people if it didn’t affect the overall meta so much. Dragonbrand had all 3 orbs going into prime time last night thanks to hacking ours and potentially hacking Blackgate’s. That is just absolutely huge, and 1 person can do that and screw over everybody.

That’s just not right, these orbs are too powerful.

in WvW

Posted by: mangarrage.1062

mangarrage.1062

First off as the title suggests DB did not hack your orb. If there is a member of the server who is using any teleport hacks you need to report said people. I personally despise this behavior, but as previously mentioned unfortunately this happens across the board. There are bad seeds everywhere, but if you don’t report the individual (s) nothing is going to happen
There have been some really shady things during this week reported from all sides and I just don’t understand why people can’t just play the way it was meant to be played

in WvW

Posted by: Koega.8653

Koega.8653

One thing that happened to Fergusson’s Crossing last night, was the the quaggan’s lightning broke the alter at our garrison. Thus causing the orb to fall on the floor. It reset and respawned at our northern most altar…unprotected. Someone quickly grabbed the orb and moved it to Dreadfall Bay (under our ownership at the time). Not sure if this is related to the OP’s post, but it sounds very similar.

in WvW

Posted by: Perdan.1045

Perdan.1045

Of course people are going to rag on the server that is ahead. Its common to make excuses as to why you are losing.

As far as you know, the person doing the hack could of been a black gate transfer. I bet that’s what it is! Lets make up a story about it and then claim the entire blackgate world is a bunch of transferring hackers to shift blame!

in WvW

Posted by: Vorpal.4683

Vorpal.4683

Not sure that’s a hack, that’s a mesmer portal…

You did not read the original post properly.

The mesmer portal was at the keep. The hack occurred at the garrison, which was never breached in any wya.

in WvW

Posted by: Dominae.3146

Dominae.3146

Until you are able to flush out whoever is doing this in your rank then the whole server is at fault…this is how it works, you can’t hide behind the fact that you can’t control people.

This is not how it works. This is how you, some random internet person says it works, but I do not believe that is how it works en large.

There is almost no way to actually do this. If some random person’s account gets hacked and the kittenhead takes it for a joy ride and fly-hacks with it, or someone transfers servers just to troll like this, there is no way for anyone to actively just “know” who it is and somehow stop them.

Sure a server can police itself somewhat, but it isn’t feasible to keep tabs on every random shmuck that is on a server running around at all times.

The only shady things reported this week were because of players from DB.

Incorrect. Every week this type of thing gets reported against multiple servers. See other threads currently going on for proof.

Sorry about that, I know it is annoying but your server has lost all credibility.

Also incorrect. At most, a server will lose ‘credibility’ in the eyes of a severe minority of people on the enemy team that want to point fingers. Most rational people know this kind of crap is currently going on, hate it, and are glaring at ANet to fix it … but we aren’t going to get pitchforks and claim some mystical “internet cred” is being sucked away because of some alleged hacking idiots.

And lastly, what do you want a server to do if someone allegedly uses ‘hacks’ to steal an orb? Should that server take the accusers word for it (usually with zero proof) and just march the orb back over and give it back? That sounds awesome! I hereby accuse both servers that we are ever fighting of having at least 1 member of their community being someone who hacks. Therefore, I require them to personally hand over all orbs at all times, to me, so I can triumphantly hoist them on high and claim to have fairly acquired them.

(edited by Dominae.3146)

in WvW

Posted by: NoizeMaker.8367

NoizeMaker.8367

Yeah DB loves to exploit the whole rendering thing. Mesmer makes a portal in the middle of battle and BAM! Invisible army ports in and destroys everything. They’re not really better players, they just know how to abuse the system.

Sigh again. Someone who is mad they didn’t think to make the strat first and use it b4 anyone else thought about it. Stop smashing on DB just because you don’t have any of the facts about why the rendering problem happens.

The rendering problem has nothing to do with the LEGIT tactic using mesmer portals. The rendering problem doesn’t only happen when people stack and is not the cause of it. As the rendering problem can happen with a fully spread out 100 man zerg.

Its hardware issue on the servers end and has nothing to do with any of these so called exploits.

As for the fly/speed hacker… Well I hope they get banned for good. Each server has that one or 2 cheaters on it. Its something we have to put up with until ANET does something about it.

Commander Ovi Bell: 80 – Guardian
Commander Skigoboom: 80 – Engi
Protocol WvW Lead [PRO] Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Hux.8739

Hux.8739

Of course people are going to rag on the server that is ahead. Its common to make excuses as to why you are losing.

As far as you know, the person doing the hack could of been a black gate transfer. I bet that’s what it is! Lets make up a story about it and then claim the entire blackgate world is a bunch of transferring hackers to shift blame!

This isn’t making you look any more innocent nor does it justify your position.

Huxer(EC) Economic Collapse
Asura Warrior
BlackGate

in WvW

Posted by: mangarrage.1062

mangarrage.1062

“First off as the title suggests DB did not hack your orb”
Sorry but if one person from a server hacked an orb and gave it to their server then “their server” hacked the orb and should be known as cheaters. Until you are able to flush out whoever is doing this in your rank then the whole server is at fault…this is how it works, you can’t hide behind the fact that you can’t control people.

The only shady things reported this week were because of players from DB. Sorry about that, I know it is annoying but your server has lost all credibility…no matter if because of one person or a whole guild or alliance of guilds.

I’m not going to start anything but when someone comes and says our orb just got hacked. Do you honestly think someone who is in the game and witnessed the orb hack or a person not online at work has a better shot at reporting the person lol get real. Tell me who it was and I’ll report them as well

And no it has not been all DB how quickly we forget the BG exploiting the DB empty wall and that was not a case of one person using a hack it was like 30 people and it wasn’t once it was 4 times until they got the orb and it is caught on video btw and is on this very section somewhere (actually page 11)

So not let’s not point the fingers as a few bad apples on DB when this crap happens please

in WvW

Posted by: Vorpal.4683

Vorpal.4683

I’m thinking the idea to allow server transfers between battling servers was a huge mistake, as was the decision to not show the names of enemy players.

Now, ,when one person exploits, the entire server gets tarred with the same brush, because there is no way to tell who they really are. And everyone is paranoid about swarms of enemy spies dumping their supply (which really does happen).

It definitely allows a few bad apples to poison the atmosphere and ruin the match for three whole servers.

in WvW

Posted by: NoizeMaker.8367

NoizeMaker.8367

I’m thinking the idea to allow server transfers between battling servers was a huge mistake, as was the decision to not show the names of enemy players.

Now, ,when one person exploits, the entire server gets tarred with the same brush, because there is no way to tell who they really are. And everyone is paranoid about swarms of enemy spies dumping their supply (which really does happen).

It definitely allows a few bad apples to poison the atmosphere and ruin the match for three whole servers.

I totally agree with you on this. I hate when I see a speed hacker or something and I cant see there name. If I could see there name I wouldn’t have to try and click report in the split second they run by.

I mean why cover the names if we cant communicate to them in the first place? Its pointless.

Red names are dead ;p

Commander Ovi Bell: 80 – Guardian
Commander Skigoboom: 80 – Engi
Protocol WvW Lead [PRO] Dragonbrand