Dragonhunter fights back agnst cheese builds

in WvW

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

Are you tired of fighting tanky druids that heal all day while their pets kill you?
Are you tired of fighting condi chronophantasm chronomancers that dish out so much condi burst and yet have so much defense?
Are you tired of fighting Adrenal Health pumped berserkers with durability runes?
Are you tired of fighting full evade condi and power daredevils?
Are you tired of fighting high sustain scrappers?

This build allows you to take on many of the cheesiest roaming builds in WvW.
It is a variant of the metabattle PvP symbol build.
You also have enough damage to kill non-sustain builds.

Warning : It is a super boring build. Against other sustain cheese builds, tank builds, healing builds, you can duel up to an hour with no clear winner. On the up side, with this build, they won’t be able to kill you now.

I dueled a full evade DD for 1 hour yesterday and neither could kill the other. And this was just one of many other similar fights against other sustain builds. Stalemate.
And I am just a new Dragonhunter of about 2 weeks and still learning the class =/

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVEQRApd7en8cCVdidDBWDB8DhlGi6aYXgAQe4T+nHrAigRA-TlCFABLcCAgU9H23f4Klg0pLYOtCE8EASSpnSKDA4gAQKANHZB-w

If you want more mobility you can

• swop scepter for sword and
  • contemplation of purity for judge’s intervention and
  • runes of durability for traveler runes

This will allow you to escape most outnumbered situations. You will fare worse against condi enemies though. I will recommend the mobility build if you are running with a party. If you are solo, I will recommend the durability runes build above.

Note: I totally will not want to make this my main roaming build. I will still prefer to go marauder + zerk on my dragonhunter because it is so much more fun. Although not as good against all the sustain cheese in WvW now, but no I will not fight fights that last an hour with no winner.

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

(edited by EremiteAngel.9765)

in WvW

Posted by: TakeCare.3182

TakeCare.3182

Dragonhunter crushes Daredevil by default. If you let the fight go on for an hour, you just got outplayed, to be honest.

YouTube channel
Thief | Mesmer | Elementalist

in WvW

Posted by: Link.1049

Link.1049

Dragonhunter IS a cheez build lol.

in WvW

Posted by: dzeRnumbrd.6129

dzeRnumbrd.6129

Are you tired of fighting tanky druids that heal all day while their pets kill you?
Are you tired of fighting condi chronophantasm chronomancers that dish out so much condi burst and yet have so much defense?
Are you tired of fighting Adrenal Health pumped berserkers with durability runes?

Note the lack of Necro on this list of cheese builds Arenanet

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Ah, fun stuff. I like it when people try shield+ dragohunter. You are really slow though, so you might want to take JI somewhere in this. Or grab the sentry first aid kits for swiftness. As silly as it sounds Guardians need to do that because they are that slow or are doomed to traveler runes forever.

I don’t see the point of taking Honor tree, honestly though. You have one minor that’s not useful solo at all, and a so-so mace trait. Pure of Heart doesn’t really help sustain too much as you don’t have aegis spam. Writ of persistance is alright, I guess but I’d be tempted to bloat stats with Force of Will.

If you take Virtues you can remove 5 condis instead of 2 with your f2 skills which really helps against condi users and indomitable courage which is good to get you out of a jam and also best for ensuring safe stomps as well as just pushing forward if they don’t know what your shield does and 20% damage when Aegis is up which probably won’t be much, but nice if you can get the jump on someone.

Blood sigils seem pretty interesting. It ignores armor too.

Also I didn’t know there was a food that reduces condi damage! I made the boon duration/damage reduction one which is only good for zerging. >.>

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Medi trapper sure but this build isn’t that.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

EremiteAngel.9765

Dragonhunter crushes Daredevil by default. If you let the fight go on for an hour, you just got outplayed, to be honest.

with all respect, you probably have not fought DDs running cheese builds then.

in WvW

EremiteAngel.9765

Ah, fun stuff. I like it when people try shield+ dragohunter. You are really slow though, so you might want to take JI somewhere in this. Or grab the sentry first aid kits for swiftness. As silly as it sounds Guardians need to do that because they are that slow or are doomed to traveler runes forever.

I don’t see the point of taking Honor tree, honestly though. You have one minor that’s not useful solo at all, and a so-so mace trait. Pure of Heart doesn’t really help sustain too much as you don’t have aegis spam. Writ of persistance is alright, I guess but I’d be tempted to bloat stats with Force of Will.

If you take Virtues you can remove 5 condis instead of 2 with your f2 skills which really helps against condi users and indomitable courage which is good to get you out of a jam and also best for ensuring safe stomps as well as just pushing forward if they don’t know what your shield does and 20% damage when Aegis is up which probably won’t be much, but nice if you can get the jump on someone.

Blood sigils seem pretty interesting. It ignores armor too.

Also I didn’t know there was a food that reduces condi damage! I made the boon duration/damage reduction one which is only good for zerging. >.>

I’ve been thinking of virtues too and will give it a try!

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

Hope to see your videos then.

Also, hour long fights? :O I recall back then having a underwater thief vs thief fight that lasted 15 minutes.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Hope to see your ideos then.

Also, hour long fights? :O I recall back then having a underwater thief vs thief fight that lasted 15 minutes.

I fought an ele on my mesmer for 30mins once. I popped my food at started and when I saw it ran out I just walked away… Most boring fight I ever had.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Natwinter.9234

Natwinter.9234

Ahoy, glad to see you’re giving this build a whirl! I’ve been having way too much fun running this in WvW, and also the Mender’s version in PVP. The sustain on this guy is completely unreal!

I don’t see the point of taking Honor tree, honestly though.

In this build, the symbols play a big part in contributing to the overall sustain, which is why I love Writ of Persistence, and with almost unlimited blocking going on, the Invigorated Bulwark can stack pretty high refilling HP from zero to full in a blink, plus mace is so delicious now, with the protection and aegis it grants all your mates, traited for every 12 seconds.

Looking at your version of the build looks solid, though I personally prefer rocking the sword. Right now the Symbol of Blade is over the top with a short cooldown, free teleport to the enemy, an AoE blind, it grants you Fury, and also AoE heals you; all for pressing number 2! Plus I find the “chance on crit” sigils get triggered more because of the high Fury uptime.

I’m going to put a bee in your bonnet, but with the passive condition removal, and Hunter’s Fortification, I’ve really had no trouble shrugging off conditions. I think there’s room in your build to drop Smiter’s Boon, in favor of Focus Mastery if you’re looking to push your sustain to new levels of awesome. Sure there’s the reduced cooldowns which help with your rotations, but it also grants you protection with 3 & 4 (-33 incoming damage!), and I find you can almost always have it up, or have an emergency protection waiting in the wings.

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

Well smiter’s boon also triggers monk’s focus, but focus cooldown sounds good. I didn’t even know that trait was there, lol.

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Warning : It is a super boring build. Against other sustain cheese builds, tank builds, healing builds, you can duel up to an hour with no clear winner. On the up side, with this build, they won’t be able to kill you now.

I dueled a full evade DD for 1 hour yesterday and neither could kill the other. And this was just one of many other similar fights against other sustain builds. Stalemate.
And I am just a new Dragonhunter of about 2 weeks and still learning the class =/

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVEQRApd7en8cCVdidDBWDB8DhlGi6aYXgAQe4T+nHrAigRA-TlCFABLcCAgU9H23f4Klg0pLYOtCE8EASSpnSKDA4gAQKANHZB-w

This will allow you to escape most outnumbered situations. You will fare worse against condi enemies though. I will recommend the mobility build if you are running with a party. If you are solo, I will recommend the durability runes build above.

Note: I totally will not want to make this my main roaming build. I will still prefer to go marauder + zerk on my dragonhunter because it is so much more fun. Although not as good against all the sustain cheese in WvW now, but no I will not fight fights that last an hour with no winner.

I’m not tired of any of those things. What I am tired of is all the dueler complaints in this game mode and the many profession threads…

Y’all don’t look at the combat systems and elements as a whole, y’all complain about individual profession builds.

You main a slow as all get out necro that depends on players sticking around to fight, but most aren’t going to stand and fight like an “honorable warrior”. You don’t corner the market on conditions now either… You’re a dueler complaining about 1v1 stuff in an rvr mode, so the logical step would be to go spvp for your 1v1 and small scale fight needs, and leave complaints in that section.

And the “sustain cheese” builds you complain about is pretty common because players are getting blasted with a crap ton of damage and need to survive longer than 3 seconds of combat…

Funny of you to complain about ranger pets, which is a forced class mechanic that accounts for a 3rd of the factored damage, that struggles to hit moving targets in the first place… Maybe move and dodge around a bit instead right?

You want to complain about having access to equal movement skills across professions so you can kite better? Ok

You want to complain about the condi system as a whole? Ok

You want to complain about mid fight stealth mechanics? Ok

You want to come here and give objective, not isolated, feedback about a number of topics? Ok

All ok, but please stop pushing your 1v1 dueling complaints in the mass combat rvr section.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

OP mains reaper

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

I’m not tired of any of those things. What I am tired of is all the dueler complaints in this game mode and the many profession threads…

Y’all don’t look at the combat systems and elements as a whole, y’all complain about individual profession builds.

You main a slow as all get out necro that depends on players sticking around to fight, but most aren’t going to stand and fight like an “honorable warrior”. You don’t corner the market on conditions now either… You’re a dueler complaining about 1v1 stuff in an rvr mode, so the logical step would be to go spvp for your 1v1 and small scale fight needs, and leave complaints in that section.

And the “sustain cheese” builds you complain about is pretty common because players are getting blasted with a crap ton of damage and need to survive longer than 3 seconds of combat…

Funny of you to complain about ranger pets, which is a forced class mechanic that accounts for a 3rd of the factored damage, that struggles to hit moving targets in the first place… Maybe move and dodge around a bit instead right?

You want to complain about having access to equal movement skills across professions so you can kite better? Ok

You want to come here and give objective, not isolated, feedback about a number of topics? Ok

All ok, but please stop pushing your 1v1 dueling complaints in the mass combat rvr section.

Sorry, I hate to tell you this, but world vs world isn’t just about mass combat, and your rant is largely irrelevant. It doesn’t exclusively have to be about 1v1. It could be any form of small scale combat, including just any time one isn’t with a zerg.

Pray tell, since you seem enlightened about what’s okay to discuss and not discuss, which forum would be most appropriate for “1v1 dueling”? If you say sPvP, you are wrong and would display a complete lack of understanding of both WvW and PvP. I’ll give you a hint though. Go join a ranked PvP game (or unranked for the matter) and find someone to duel, off point, and tell everyone else to back off.

Honestly, I don’t understand the hostility. Getting killed by these folks on your way to the train or something?

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

That does look boring and forcing a stalemate is equally boring. I think I fought something similar on my interrupt Mesmer and, once we realised that the fight wasn’t going anywhere, we just used tonics and jumped around in circles – GW2 in a nutshell post HoT.

Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Sorry, I hate to tell you this, but world vs world isn’t just about mass combat, and your rant is largely irrelevant. It doesn’t exclusively have to be about 1v1. It could be any form of small scale combat, including just any time one isn’t with a zerg.

Pray tell, since you seem enlightened about what’s okay to discuss and not discuss, which forum would be most appropriate for “1v1 dueling”? If you say sPvP, you are wrong and would display a complete lack of understanding of both WvW and PvP. I’ll give you a hint though. Go join a ranked PvP game (or unranked for the matter) and find someone to duel, off point, and tell everyone else to back off.

Honestly, I don’t understand the hostility. Getting killed by these folks on your way to the train or something?

I’m fully aware that wvw is more than just mass combat, but that’s what most players anticipate and build for. You are going to cross paths against opponents built to survive and win.. so learn from each interaction and evolve your build instead of complaining on the forums.

These forums are littered with players who embellish profession related things and do not understand how other professions work… I lose in wvw too, but I don’t clog up the forums with unnecessary things…. I load up the gw2 build maker and research builds, change my build if necessary, play the profession, occasionally, to get a better feel when I’m having trouble on my main…

I don’t come here complaining about 1v1 in an rvr mode because it’s not logical to do so. If I want to 1v1 and small scale, then I’ll enter a custom arena fight club or spvp match in HotM because it’s more balanced for those types of combat gameplay. I would leave whatever relevant feedback in the spvp sections because it’s most appropriate there, not bring 1v1 dueling issues to the wvw section.

I’m not being hostile. I occasionally duel or watch. I’m just being factual.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in WvW

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Honor is used because of invigorated bulwark and pure of heart. Mace has a good blocking mechanic has does the focus. Shield – more or less is worthless in this case so a lot of the sustain comes from mace/focus. When you see that, it will be long. Once the Guardian switches to shield, that is when you lock them down and CC / DPS their kitten into the dirt.

I’ve run a similar build and it has its moments. Great for scouting and back capping. However, it is slow If you are running this in HAVOC or duo first few times you have some good luck. However, fighting repeats they usually catch on and will either lock you down and destroy you or ignore you and kill your friends. In this case shield has some use cases as does the staff.

Symbols in general need to be removed and converted to aura’s. Fast pace of sPvP or WvW does not lend a good fit to stationary symbols. Silly mechanic. But back to mace and focus – it really is a good combo and often overlooked.

I’ve run it, its fun – nothing really new and I’d put it right up there with the rest of the cheesy builds. But then again, who are we to judge. All builds have cheese in them

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Symbols in general need to be removed and converted to aura’s. Fast pace of sPvP or WvW does not lend a good fit to stationary symbols.

What you tell me about wells then? They are pretty much symbols with a bit larger radius.

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

I’m fully aware that wvw is more than just mass combat, but that’s what most players anticipate and build for. You are going to cross paths against opponents built to survive and win.. so learn from each interaction and evolve your build instead of complaining on the forums.

These forums are littered with players who embellish profession related things and do not understand how other professions work… I lose in wvw too, but I don’t clog up the forums with unnecessary things…. I load up the gw2 build maker and research builds, change my build if necessary, play the profession, occasionally, to get a better feel when I’m having trouble on my main…

I don’t come here complaining about 1v1 in an rvr mode because it’s not logical to do so. If I want to 1v1 and small scale, then I’ll enter a custom arena fight club or spvp match in HotM because it’s more balanced for those types of combat gameplay. I would leave whatever relevant feedback in the spvp sections because it’s most appropriate there, not bring 1v1 dueling issues to the wvw section.

I’m not being hostile. I occasionally duel or watch. I’m just being factual.

Eh, sure. The OP had complaints, but the main part of it was posting a build to handle the situation though if you want to be actually factual. That which sort of follows the idea of “so learn from each interaction and evolve your build” And so we were discussing the build but instead you had to focus on the negative tangent.

Dueling or small scale or roaming or whatever you call it can’t be discussed in the pvp section, because the mechanics are fundamentally different. PvP uses unique stats and WvW has a number of things that aren’t accessible in PvP, thus it would make for a moot discussion if most of the context doesn’t apply. Most of PvP is revolving around point holding and capture, which also doesn’t match with the larger fields in WvW.

While I would agree that the game isn’t revolved around dueling or 1v1 for any kind of game mode, nor should the game be necessarily balanced around it, it still doesn’t mean that this isn’t the most appropriate section for such a discussion.

in WvW

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Symbols in general need to be removed and converted to aura’s. Fast pace of sPvP or WvW does not lend a good fit to stationary symbols.

What you tell me about wells then? They are pretty much symbols with a bit larger radius.

I don’t have much to say about them other than if they are of similar mechanic then they are also wonky. From a Guardian perspective here let us take Symbol of Faith. You drop this magical mystic symbol on the ground and it damages foes. Sounds good, right?

Double tap, dodge, move forward, move backward, do the Iggy shuffle, what have you. You moved, symbol is stationary and thus negated. It gets better though, we are not done. Now for the Allies that I cast this mighty symbol of salvation (great Armored Saint song btw) to regenerate my allies they have to stand in the symbol… It doesn’t stop there. Lets swap to staff and symbol of swiftness. Most of you wont’ know about that nerf but never the less we have to drop another symbol on the ground, yes it is stationary, and it does damage. We already know about our great dance moves but let us go back to allies.

You again must be standing in the symbol for the swiftness tick. The longer you stay, the more swiftness ticks you get for duration. See the issue?

WvW and sPvP are fast and typically one does not want to be stationary. That is why I said they are sort of borked. If the well or any other class has a similar mechanic then I’d say it too is wonky. I’m not biased towards the Guardian. It is a mechanic / design that I think is flawed when the game itself encourages dodge to mitigate or standing still for enhancements when that in of itself is bad.

Stationary targets are easier to hit and control than those moving.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

So many “Cheese” classes now, I bet it’s safe to say playing WvW is cheese at this stage.

Fights that last an hour lol

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: TakeCare.3182

TakeCare.3182

with all respect, you probably have not fought DDs running cheese builds then.

Hm. I could see maybe one of the condi builds being difficult for you to kill because they’re so ungodly tanky.

YouTube channel
Thief | Mesmer | Elementalist

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I really hope the OP was trying to be funny with this post… if not delicious.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: afrocrusade.4253

afrocrusade.4253

no mister dragonhunter

you are the cheese builds

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

Dragonhunters cheese ? Maybe when hunter’s ward was broken but name a class less cheesy then they are (I guess necros) when three of the classes can stealth with two of those being able to be very tanky, another can just run away while doing high damage, and one can outheal almost anything and also have great mobility.

Furthermore, you can also explain how OP’s build that doesn’t have much in the name of mobility or stealth can be regarded as such.

So many “Cheese” classes now, I bet it’s safe to say playing WvW is cheese at this stage.

Fights that last an hour lol

Then again, this is probably the truth.

in WvW

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

@ OP
How is a warrior with dura runes cheesy? Try to fight a condi-shoutheal-bunker-warrior, then you know how true cheese taste.

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Your enemy will just free cast into you and face tanking isn’t a solution while roaming.

in WvW

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

@ Op
your stats would be much better with cele trinkets and maruderer / crusader armor /waepon – power stone
you would gain 100 power /armor /vitality and some ferocity
i see no point to mix cleric with bersek and precision oil , just bad combo

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

(edited by Rayya.2591)

in WvW

Straegen.2938

Dragonhunters cheese?

Cheese implies an easy class to play that typically has a gimmick mechanic. Trapper DH completely fits this description.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

But this is WvW. You have an excuse to faceplant into traps in PvP because of points, but not really and I hear they weren’t even seen in top level PvP before the recent buffs.

There was a while after release when they were legitimately stupid with the hunter’s ward, true shot, and traps. But all 3 were toned down. Compared to thieves and mesmers that aren’t even visible and can guarantee escapes, this seems mild. So, are we talking like burn and trapper runes?

Then again, I think combat has gotten pretty lame and it seems as such because some builds hard counter others. It’s almost like the battle is already decided beforehand unless the uphill side puts in a lot more effort. I mean, sure it sucks, but I’m sure everyone has had cases where they just roll over someone else and the other side must be thinking (we) are cheesy as hell too.

But again, the better question is, what isn’t cheese? PvP balance is such a joke and we have to share that kind of balancing in a completely different game mode.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

what isn’t cheese?

Pre HoT builds. Well, most of them at least…

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

Ah, I suppose that makes sense.

in WvW

sephiroth.4217

what isn’t cheese?

Pre HoT builds. Well, most of them at least…

Would celestial/viper core guard with burn traits be cheese?

….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

in WvW

sephiroth.4217

I made a GIF for lolz…

….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

I personally have 0 problems with burn guards.

in WvW

sephiroth.4217

kitten , someone in WvW actually has condi cleanse…

….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

kitten , someone in WvW actually has condi cleanse…

it goes beyond that,

burn guards don’t stack every condition in the game on top of the burns, instantly on entering combat.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Dragonhunters cheese?

Cheese implies an easy class to play that typically has a gimmick mechanic. Trapper DH completely fits this description.

The OPs build is not a trapper DH.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

I could make a whole thread about how Necromancer is terrible because it is too slow and can’t do enough damage to super tanky classes, but it will be dismissed in sPvP where it isn’t a big deal because mobility is less important and sustain is much weaker. sPvP is balanced for 5v5 on small circles. WvW is XvX on diverse terrain. It isn’t balanced with large scale in mind. It isn’t balanced with small scale in mind. It is balanced for nothing. WvW’s balance is a menagerie a PvE and PvP changes that have accumulated over the years. Why is the WvW zerg meta still mostly the same after 4 years? WvW never received specific attention on the issue.
Small scale WvW is entirely different from sPvP. Why? Stealth and mobility are several times stronger than they are in sPvP. A Druid, Mesmer, and Thief can all stealth, use a mobility skill or two, and reset a fight. Necromancers and other slow professions with no stealth cannot. There are also more stat combos and runesets that bring in a variety of builds that are incredibly strong. This means that WvW and PvP are very different even when the fights are 5v5. Because of this difference, we need to advocate for our own balance.
Smokescale and Bristleback are good enough at staying on a target for a Druid in full Minstrel’s to kite around and never die while the pet does the lion’s share of the dps. This isn’t even limited to a 1v1 scenario. This can scale up to a 1v5 scenario where the druid literally won’t die to anything outside of chain CC after the druid runs out of stealth, stunbreaks, and stability. This is why people consider certain Druids to be cheesy.
The profession balance thread was removed, so it is unfair to tell people that they have to talk about fighting in WvW on the sPvP thread because they aren’t fighting Zerg vs Zerg. Every part of WvW needs attention in future balance patches. Cheesy builds don’t have to be accepted, and Thieves and Rangers deserve to be viable in large scale combat.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in WvW

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

OP mains reaper

the point here is that necro is most likely going to be receiving more nerfs. when we dont even have a cheesy op build atm.

im bad at sarcasm

in WvW

Straegen.2938

The OPs build is not a trapper DH.

Look again… it runs two traps and Durability. Not only is it cheese, it is cheese with extra cheese on it.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

Running two of a thing doesn’t necessarily define the build. That’s like calling a necro that runs flesh golem and flesh wurm a minionmancer. Or a ele that runs ether renewal and lightnig flash a cantrip ele.

Let me make up something more appropriate:
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQJArfn8cClDhddCWdC8DhF/hKLCrwM0KAqg6UO8P/2H-TliHQB7SpBBVGUElYOb/B5puCUUCSO9AA7EAsIVKAwDAgUA9NsC-w

[Replace a trap with “retreat” if too slow, swap is for w/e you need, probably sw/f, mace/f or gs if you don’t like the idea of stuff that fights back.]

Gw2skills hasn’t updated but the virtues GM skill also causes Virtue of justice to burn every 3rd attack. Add a fast hitting weapon and…

in WvW

Straegen.2938

Running two of a thing doesn’t necessarily define the build. That’s like calling a necro that runs flesh golem and flesh wurm a minionmancer. Or a ele that runs ether renewal and lightnig flash a cantrip ele.

I get you don’t want to be wrong but come on. The build runs two active trap skills and two trap traits one of which is a passive trap. Could it be more “trapper”? Sure but it is running enough traps and trap traits along with Durability to be called a cheese build. Add on the passive healing and DR food… yeah total cheese.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

I get you don’t want to be wrong but come on. The build runs two active trap skills and two trap traits one of which is a passive trap. Could it be more “trapper”? Sure but it is running enough traps and trap traits along with Durability to be called a cheese build. Add on the passive healing and DR food… yeah total cheese.

See, the original statement was saying it wasn’t a trap build. It said nothing else lol. The rest of the stuff involving cheese is just a tangent.

But let’s humor the point.

Objectively speaking, the build has 3 meditations. I can technically just end this here but that’s no fun. So it’s more of a meditation build with traps. Most of the sustain is centered around taking the Monk’s focus tree and is more essential to the build itself. Purification, for example, is run generally due to the lack of better options and not because it wants to be a trap DH. It has the shortest cooldown when traited and triggers Smiter’s boon which is integral to meditation builds.

On the other hand, the build I posted is centered around traps despite not having that many because the rest are purely for utility, and has basically no sustain about anything else, mostly around abusing traps and the trapper runes. It is literally a “teleport on enemy and hope for the best” braindead build that works on people that don’t know anything and gets countered by people that do.

That would be the very example of a cheesy trapper DH build reliant on passive play.

Helps to understand the class one is talking about, I think. My point is that it’s really hard to consider OP’s build cheese when the biggest brag thus far is stalemating people.

in WvW

Straegen.2938

See, the original statement was saying it wasn’t a trap build. It said nothing else lol. The rest of the stuff involving cheese is just a tangent.

The build takes every available Trap trait and uses traps. If you cannot see that, there is no hope. We can call it a Medi-Trapper, Trapper-Medi build or Meditation-Trap, mmm-K. Doesn’t matter still cheese.

You can keep parsing the words till you think you are right but my point stands, uses multiple traps and trap traits which makes it CHEESE, glorious CHEESE. Some other portions of the build simply pile on the cheese.

Just a guess but I think you missed the heal was a trap and didn’t pay attention to the trait selection then posted that this wasn’t a trap build. After I pointed out that it is indeed a trap using DH build with all the trap traits, you didn’t want to be wrong and covered by declaring it doesn’t have enough traps to be a trap build. Could be wrong and just my opinion.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

(edited by Straegen.2938)

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Everything is cheese at this point. Why pick mozarella over cheddar?

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

The build takes every available Trap trait and uses traps. If you cannot see that, there is no hope. We can call it a Medi-Trapper, Trapper-Medi build or Meditation-Trap, mmm-K. Doesn’t matter still CHEESE.

You can keep parsing the words till you think you are right but my point stands, uses multiple traps and trap traits which makes it CHEESE, glorious CHEESE. Some other portions of the build simply pile on the cheese.

Yah, but we weren’t even talking about that point.

And, yes it takes every available trap trait. Both of them. And one of them is taken by default because the other traits suck and is often taken by people that don’t have traps on their bar.

Anyhow, I think putting stuff in all caps definitely makes it right and infallible, so there we go.

I honestly think my way of arguing is cheesier than the build, but YMMV. I think I really need to be more considerate of possibly triggering material.

in WvW

Straegen.2938

There are still several power centered builds that aren’t cheese. For example, S/P without stealth is a solid non-cheese build requiring a good deal of timing to play. Most of the non-Boon Duration power builds require skill to pull off these days.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

There are still several power centered builds that aren’t cheese. For example, S/P without stealth is a solid non-cheese build requiring a good deal of timing to play. Most of the non-Boon Duration power builds require skill to pull off these days.

Running DD is more than enough to be considerated cheese thief tbh… Too much evasions. Just as other professions elites have a lot of blocks, invulnerabilitys and kitten.

So, like I said on another post: Anything that is HoT based is cheese these days.