Dreaming Bay -- Hack or Bug?

in WvW

Posted by: Doll Mistress.9267

Doll Mistress.9267

A particular server has gained entrance to Bay, and then captured it…without any walls or gates being opened.

I saw it firsthand last night, and just now am on TS with someone who mentioned it happening as we spoke. It was the same server each time.

What’s going on?

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Sweep after recap in search for mesmers?

Check the watter, there is some places where u can even hide golems underwater.
If i recall there was a spot where a player could clip a bit on top of norh wall near the montain, but i think it was fixed long time ago.

advice prepare frap to record the happening if cought on tape, PM or send info to Anet not on the forum.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

If you had it waypointed there is a bug that enemy teams can sometimes use the waypoint.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Doll Mistress.9267

Sweep after recap in search for mesmers?

Check the watter, there is some places where u can even hide golems underwater.
If i recall there was a spot where a player could clip a bit on top of norh wall near the montain, but i think it was fixed long time ago.

advice prepare frap to record the happening if cought on tape, PM or send info to Anet not on the forum.

Yesterday, it had not flipped since the night before…as far as I know….I had been on for 6 hours with no wall or gate breaches.

in WvW

Doll Mistress.9267

If you had it waypointed there is a bug that enemy teams can sometimes use the waypoint.

That may explain it!

in WvW

Posted by: Topsilog.1824

Topsilog.1824

bay’s WP is bugged, you can actually just WP inside even it is not under your server’s possession. you can just WP inside as if it is yours then kill lord and cap it.

in WvW

Posted by: Heibi.4251

Heibi.4251

bay’s WP is bugged, you can actually just WP inside even it is not under your server’s possession. you can just WP inside as if it is yours then kill lord and cap it.

That’s correct. The bug has been reported. It would be nice to have this fixed before next reset.

Leader of Central Anime(CA)
Tifa Ran/Ranger with a Pet
Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Posted by: Mokk.2397

Mokk.2397

So if the WP is bugged isn’t it an exploit to use said bug.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Patch today and no fix yet :-(

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Silberfederling.9302

Silberfederling.9302

I think that bug came up quite a few times over the last 1 1\2years. I remember it being fixed at one point, but … Well
Seems to be a rather persistant little insect.

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

when wp bugs and opens for the enemy team the team owning the wp can’t even use it. saw this happen yesterday as bay had no defense timer on it but the wp was contested and some enemies were wp’ing into it.

also i reported this in the bug section 15 days ago

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/WvW-Waypoints-Bugged-on-Alpine-BL/first#post6138409

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in WvW

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

Wait.. that would explain how we lost bay last week. Our scouts didn’t see any walls down and we had it waypointed.

And in that case we know the kitteners who exploit such things.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

in WvW

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

It is a bug and it is a exploit to use the bug which is violating the Rules of Conduct. If you see someone abusing it, make a video, make sure to show the enemies account name by blocking them and then check your block tab. Make a mail with link to video information what server, time stamps and anything else that might help the person looking in to it and send it to exploits@arena.net

in WvW

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

It will be very unlikely that you can make a video of that when the enemy ports into your bay. The only way would be to have someone sitting in bay forever and just waiting such things to happen. And even if you have it on video Anet won’t ban for this.
It seems there is another possible glitch into garrison. At least we know who is responsible for this in our matchup.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

(edited by gebrechen.5643)

in WvW

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

If you abuse a bug it is very possible you will have actions taken towards you because you are clearly breaking the rules that says you are not allowed to abuse bugs or glitches.

And it is not that hard to see when it will happen, since you can actaully spot when the waypoint is bugged out. If you are at the spot when it is bugged out and you know there are players abusing it, you should very easy be able to make a video, because i mean how hard can it be to stand up on the wall watching the wp and see them port in

in WvW

Posted by: aandiarie.7195

aandiarie.7195

There is a bay bug I have heard about from a few different servers. I don’t know how it worked except enemies were able to use a waypoint on bay that was not theirs. This has cost people their bay a few times on a few servers.

in WvW

Posted by: Skynet.7201

Skynet.7201

There are things like this, and a few other things, that should be taken care of before proposed WvW “improvements” at the moment.

Also, our repeated requests for a hacking/exploiting report option have been ignored for years.

This is definitely an exploit, and it’s a pita.

We created the perfect infiltration machine.
Join 9K+ GW2 players: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GW2Gamers/
All are welcome!