Druid / Major healing useful in WvW ?

in WvW

Posted by: Dradiin.8935

Dradiin.8935

Just as the title says i am curious what the WvW community thinks about a serious healer in WvW.

I can see it having seriously good uses in Keep Defense, not sure about other aspects out there.

in WvW

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

I think its really going to depend on how powerful their healing is. Currently 1 well placed water field from Ele can insta heal numerous people if blasts are on point. I think in a pug situation where most players don’t pay attention to field or bother blasting it will be good to keep the puts alive, but its going to have to be significant burst healing to trump water fields for organized groups.

in WvW

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

Druids do more than just healing, they have a lot of good defensive skills that’ll help any WvW raids. I think they’ll be welcomed (which is a big change from how WvW raids perceive rangers currently). Right now you hear mixed opinions and emotions because people haven’t played them yet. I would suggest waiting for the upcoming BWE to check them out, test them out, and see how they run out in WvW.

Commanders already complain about being pin sniped on a daily basis. I would imagine having another class that can put up a wall (a wall that heals none the less), will be a welcoming addition. Ironically the class that can put up the healing wall is also the class that’s currently sniping from afar. Talk about irony

in WvW

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

That healing wall gonna be really popular. It is on 16CD traited, no cast time. And you don’t need to worry about retaliation and stuff. In addition, it doesn’t compete for a utility slot like guardian’s, mesmer’s or scrapper’s.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

What other kind of use does the druid have? Backline dps? Usefull skills that counter the enemy zerg? Unless healing scale amazingly while the druid has dps gear, he’ll have no damage.

A nomad guardian also does pathetic damage sure, but he can heal for maybe 15-20K hp AoE every 20s or so and be a frontline punching bag with stability and reflect.

He definetly wont replace an elementalist, that’s a given.

The druid has to be pretty kitten good to be better than bringing either class. But then again people still bring rangers to zerg with… maybe now they can actually be usefull too.

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

I think its really going to depend on how powerful their healing is. Currently 1 well placed water field from Ele can insta heal numerous people if blasts are on point. I think in a pug situation where most players don’t pay attention to field or bother blasting it will be good to keep the puts alive, but its going to have to be significant burst healing to trump water fields for organized groups.

This. Also, any class that specs heavily into HP will lack damage. Being able to kill the enemy is just as important, if not more so than healing allies. The druid sounds like it will still be outputting a decent amount of heals without any HP.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Too much in the box thinking posted so far, sure a Druid might not be souped up for generic zerg play but for havoc squads, guild groups and skirmish teams where builds are built to synergize with a team for maximum impact, the Druid could be a game changer of sorts. Allowing a guardian or elementalist to free up condi clears or direct healing for damage.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

It will be a combination of druids and water field eles imo.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Btw how were druids during raids,gvg and zerging. Found the heal factor a little too high.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: Rhonin.1687

Rhonin.1687

noone gonna touch on the immob they provide on an insanely short cooldown?

in WvW

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

What other kind of use does the druid have? Backline dps? Usefull skills that counter the enemy zerg? Unless healing scale amazingly while the druid has dps gear, he’ll have no damage.

A nomad guardian also does pathetic damage sure, but he can heal for maybe 15-20K hp AoE every 20s or so and be a frontline punching bag with stability and reflect.

The druid has to be pretty kitten good to be better than bringing either class. But then again people still bring rangers to zerg with… maybe now they can actually be usefull too.

Cleric specced Druid can heal 150,000 health just from Healing Spring. This is assuming 5 people inside the area over the 12s duration to get the Regeneration. But not hard if you drop it in the frontline. Also removes 30 conditions at the same time and its a 10s Water field. On a 24s CD.

Cultivated Synergy, Trappers Expertise, 45% boon duration, 1650 healing power, Natural Mender/Monk Runes/Delicious Rice Balls/Benevolence Sigil= +52.5% heals.

HS heal = 6577
Cultivated Synergy = 1331 × 2
Regeneration = 12,132
Times by 1.525
Total = 32,590
Total for 5 people = 162,953

(edited by Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582)

in WvW

Posted by: Earix.5684

Earix.5684

Btw how were druids during raids,gvg and zerging. Found the heal factor a little too high.

Druid was great during WvW zerging. Healing feels high on some skills but with a cooldown so that’s fine. It brings something refreshing to WvW and helped a lot against focus on our commanders.

Earix – GvG Player – Druid / Soulbeast
Pirate Chips [LAYS] – Server Hopping (EU)

in WvW

Posted by: Recursivision.2367

Recursivision.2367

Cleric specced Druid can heal 150,000 health just from Healing Spring. This is assuming 5 people inside the area over the 12s duration to get the Regeneration. But not hard if you drop it in the frontline. Also removes 30 conditions at the same time and its a 10s Water field. On a 24s CD.

Cultivated Synergy, Trappers Expertise, 45% boon duration, 1650 healing power, Natural Mender/Monk Runes/Delicious Rice Balls/Benevolence Sigil= +52.5% heals.

HS heal = 6577
Regeneration = 12,132
Times by 1.525
Total = 32,590

err… pretty sure HS doesn’t heal allies.

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

HS heal = 6577
Regeneration = 12,132
Times by 1.525
Total = 32,590

All good and well, except a guardian will passive heal, have 100% uptime of AoE regeneration via mace and optional heal with the symbol itself. Thats with no cooldown. Ie more healing than druid HS.

But granted, condi removal doesnt come close.

in WvW

Posted by: Vaelkyr.4786

Vaelkyr.4786

I run with a small 5-7 person guild. We’re usually roaming somewhere looking for fights. I found Druid healing, especially in CA form, to be problematic because it was ground targeted. By the time #1 and #2 landed, my guild members had dodged out of them. So either they need to be reworked, or I’ll just stick to using healing spring. I won’t give myself carpal tunnel just to run support.

in WvW

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

It’s bugged atm. It is supposed to.

All good and well, except a guardian will passive heal, have 100% uptime of AoE regeneration via mace and optional heal with the symbol itself. Thats with no cooldown. Ie more healing than druid HS.

Yeah, have you calculated that healing out? I think you will be sadly disappointed if you do. Druid has way better uptime and reapplication of Regeneration, you can’t even compare those. I really like to play my Cleric Mace/Staff Guard, I’ve defended it for a long time, but Druid does so much more healing and condition removal, its not even remotely close. I won’t be playing Cleric Guard anymore. All the healing from guard Mace with all healing traits, gear, runes and food, with 5 people standing in a symbol, it heals for 18 health per second more than Healing Spring by itself. Guard is better off sticking to Blinds and Boons with some off-healing.

in WvW

Recursivision.2367

It’s bugged atm. It is supposed to.

Yeah, have you calculated that healing out? I think you will be sadly disappointed if you do. Druid has way better uptime and reapplication of Regeneration, you can’t even compare those. I really like to play my Cleric Mace/Staff Guard, I’ve defended it for a long time, but Druid does so much more healing and condition removal, its not even remotely close. I won’t be playing Cleric Guard anymore. All the healing from guard Mace with all healing traits, gear, runes and food, with 5 people standing in a symbol, it heals for 18 health per second more than Healing Spring by itself. Guard is better off sticking to Blinds and Boons with some off-healing.

Actually, if you read the in game tooltip it says nothing about healing allies. Don’t think it’s a bug.

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

It’s useful, but people want loot over being useful.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

people that say Druid is bad in WvW, didnt play Druid if you notice…

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

All depends on how well the Druid handles his staff.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: Serious.7083

Serious.7083

I played druid, it did have some nice options but finishing waterfields is far too powerful and makes them unnecessary.

If anet were to nurf waterfields then it would greatly improve game play in WvW.

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

I am pretty bad at calculating and cant do it at the moment (at work), but I also question your numbers. You have HS base healing allies (which it doesnt) and regeneration ticking at nearly 1000hp/s… which doesnt happen unless you have around 4000 healing power. Unless of course HS apply some 40 seconds of regen, which would be neat (I honestly never even play ranger, let alone druid).

(edited by Dawdler.8521)

in WvW

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

I am pretty bad at calculating and cant do it at the moment (at work), but I also question your numbers. You have HS base healing allies (which it doesnt) and regeneration ticking at nearly 1000hp/s… which doesnt happen unless you have around 4000 healing power. Unless of course HS apply some 40 seconds of regen, which would be neat (I honestly never even play ranger, let alone druid).

The regeneration is ticking for 337 base, times by 1.525 for the +% outgoing healing. HS applies 36s of Regen on 24s CD. When traited and with boon duration.

I’m fairly certain that HS is bugged atm because it has healed allies since launch and that would be an insane nerf. This is how it should be.

Attachments:

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

The regeneration is ticking for 337 base, times by 1.525 for the +% outgoing healing. HS applies 36s of Regen on 24s CD. When traited and with boon duration.

I’m fairly certain that HS is bugged atm because it has healed allies since launch and that would be an insane nerf. This is how it should be.

Have you tested it in practice? Just curious, I sure havent.

I did a quick test in mists (dwayna runes, cleric amulet) and I admit I was at least partially wrong, lol. It apply about one minute and 20 seconds of regeneration on yourself. That’s actually pretty neat. But when I tried on an another player, it didnt stack in intervals and only added 9s of regen. Either I am doing something wrong or the pulse only remove conditions (which is only 5 conditions btw, 1 every 2 second, not 30).

Also I am fairly sure that no heal on any class has ever healed other players for the base heal. That would be insanely OP.

in WvW

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Yeah, I was totally wrong. I can’t access the game right now so I was theory crafting from the build editor and thinking the tooltip description was correct, it is not.

Sorry for misleading anyone if that has happened, HS is nowhere near as good as I was thinking. Basically it is just a good water field with Regeneration and condition clear.

It does remove 6 conditions though, i believe, one initially and then 1 per pulse, which for 5 people is 30.

in WvW

Recursivision.2367

On the other hand, you could potentially heal allies for around 12k each using Glyph of Rejuvenation with the trait Cultivated Synergy… which isn’t too shabby.

Of course, doing so would have a number of drawbacks for yourself.

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

Druid healing felt good. Ran one entire night as a Cleric druid, and rarely died(less than a handful). Sustain and upkeep was easy, and though waterfields did massive healing on regroup druid healing seemed to make the difference between, “Water on regroup guys.”, and, “NEED A WATER RIGHT NOW!”.

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

The healing output of a druid is massive. Im not sure how the astral form works yet, i.e. how long it lasts, but the amount of heals you can dish out from that are huge.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJAWTn0rCtsgdsAOsAUtgl9AD+tWX3rL3uAwZzZ4VESeA-TlCBABPqEUr9HETJGCXCgFeAAsq8AgjAAOq/kimAZ0BQKA/GGB-w

random build i made combining heals and offense. +52.5% healing.

im not sure how you are calculating the heals here, but im pretty sure its way more than that is you use a stamina sigil and are fighting in a zerg battle. if not then i guess my remark is null and void.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

(edited by Stand The Wall.6987)

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnar.4257

Ragnar.4257

The reason Druid probably won’t become meta is that heals-over-time aren’t the same thing as burst-heal.

It looks like the heal-over-time potential of Druid is very impressive, but generally in WvW fights are not decided by attrition over a period of several minutes. What matters is burst damage and burst damage-mitigation/healing.

This is (one of the reasons) why guardians, shout-warriors, and water-field Eles have been so prominent, because the ability to burst heal 5k HP in 1 second every 20 seconds is more valuable than being able to heal 500 HP every second, at least in large-scale fights where dozens of people are focusing damage on a single point.

Druid does actually have a couple of decent burst-heals, however unlike the other burst-healers that is all it can do. For the reasons given above, its additional heal-over-time potential doesn’t compensate for the loss of damage, CC, support and survivability.

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

(edited by Ragnar.4257)

in WvW

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

When I used to use my Healing Warrior Banner Build in WvW it did really well with group/zerg play, I could keep regen/heals going, other buffs, ect. it was pretty fun too, so I would say Druid would be a welcomed part of a WvW group/zerg.

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

in WvW

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

Of course we’ll never know because you don’t get exp or bags for healing, so no one will want to play wvw unless it is a serious gvg guild that doesn’t care about bags. Is anet the only mmo that does not reward healing?

Osu