Druids are overpowered in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: MidoriMarch.8067

MidoriMarch.8067

Druids are OP in wvw.

Feels like watching ele back in 2012~2013 but with more mobility , healing , kiting

Why is this class can stealth ,

heal more than support ele does ,

superior kiting range from 1200~1500 ,

hits hard even with stacked toughness and vitality ,

they are extremely hard to kill and hard to ignore/run from

Seriously some of class like druids , condi mesmers , condi trap thief makes wvw extremely boring and unhealthy to play

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Yes I always see entire 50 man zergs consisting only of druids, condi mesmers and condi thieves, they’re just that OP. kitten GREN, DMT is the new meta.

in WvW

Posted by: MidoriMarch.8067

MidoriMarch.8067

Yes I always see entire 50 man zergs consisting only of druids, condi mesmers and condi thieves, they’re just that OP. kitten GREN, DMT is the new meta.

Yeah thats how it is in wvw nowdays.

full of cheesy condi builds and druids everywhere.

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Yeah thats how it is in wvw nowdays.

full of cheesy condi builds and druids everywhere.

It’s hard to pick up on sarcasm over the internet isn’t (stupid filter) it?

edited for filter

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

(edited by Jim Hunter.6821)

in WvW

Posted by: SpiritSpeakerOfHoelbrak.3980

SpiritSpeakerOfHoelbrak.3980

Druids are OP in wvw.

Feels like watching ele back in 2012~2013 but with more mobility , healing , kiting

Seriously some of class like druids , condi mesmers , condi trap thief makes wvw extremely boring and unhealthy to play

Hi Midori,

All of these classes can be dealt with, providing you play your chosen class well and face the challenge head-on and practice over and over and over again.

You’ll get there ! The best way to meet the challenge is to duel good players until you see the pattern and overcome their strengths and learn to exploit their weaknesses.

Good luck !

Professor Snarl

in WvW

Posted by: Calista.1975

Calista.1975

Druids are OP in wvw.

Hi Midori,

All of these classes can be dealt with, providing you play your chosen class well and face the challenge head-on and practice over and over and over again.

You’ll get there ! The best way to meet the challenge is to duel good players until you see the pattern and overcome their strengths and learn to exploit their weaknesses.

Good luck !

Not with all the exploits and hacks going on no amount of “practice” is going to over come that kitten when mes can one hit kill a tanky build…im more surprised if I “dont” see cheats and exploits every day.. and oh op im a druid and while im tanky as hell im not really OP..its more the individuals doing the cheats then the class as a whole unless were talking about cheap perma stealth thieves it feels like they all are on that kick lately every once in a while ill find a legit thief and that’s actually a fun fight..im still holding out hope Anet will start cracking down on some of it..

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

They are OP – watched a fight druid vs berserker today – was a fun 5 minutes OP vs OP. The druid won in the end thanks to rng.

ETA. They are OP because they have too much sustain and deal too much damage (their pet does as well) – most elites have.

(edited by Jana.6831)

in WvW

Posted by: Pride.1734

Pride.1734

Not even the fake meta wants engi Q_Q

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Not even the fake meta wants engi Q_Q

Solo troll build.

:}

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Not with all the exploits and hacks going on no amount of “practice” is going to over come that kitten when mes can one hit kill a tanky build…

Ok.

Mes can not one hit kill anything, least of all a tanky build. You have to sit still and eat an entire burst to get dropped fast, and that’s only if you’re running pure glass cannon.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

The Bunker Druid and its hybrid cousin are both OP. When played well they essentially cannot be killed short of 3+ players hammering them and even then it is often a race across the map to a door.

These build variants aren’t particularly effective in zergs but in small scale the Bunker variety is indeed as stronger than the D/D eles of old and the hybrid versions are nearly as tanky but far more dangerous.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

The Bunker Druid and its hybrid cousin are both OP. When played well they essentially cannot be killed short of 3+ players hammering them and even then it is often a race across the map to a door.

These build variants aren’t particularly effective in zergs but in small scale the Bunker variety is indeed as stronger than the D/D eles of old and the hybrid versions are nearly as tanky but far more dangerous.

They still can bunker much better than bunker guard/DH, well alot of classes do, and druid still does a very good damage.

• Every class that goes bunker should loose damage as guardian do, classes need to be less gimmick while still maint damage and resilience/ bunker alike sustain.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Everything is better than the builds of old simply because HoT allows you to build tanky while being more effective.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Straegen.2938

They still can bunker much better than bunker guard/DH, well alot of classes do, and druid still does a very good damage.

• Every class that goes bunker should loose damage as guardian do, classes need to be less gimmick while still maint damage and resilience/ bunker alike sustain.

To me the fundamental balance should revolve around your stated principle. Classes that bunker should trade off damage, speed and escape. Likewise high escape classes shouldn’t be able to have high sustain damage, be able to bunker, etc. Hybrid builds should likewise have exploitable weaknesses.

The current meta Druid has high to medium level access to it all which is just too much. The Boon Duration Warrior is in the same ballpark.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

A lot of druid damage comes from that pet. If indeed fighting a two against 1 if the two always take the pet out first and foremost , the Druid becomes much less dangerous.

1v1 it harder. If on thief the Druid you fight against can make many more mistakes and still survive. I have had most success against them with a p/d build with high IMMOB durations and yes using #2 a lot. It still one of the harder fights.

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

Saddly it is to late for changes.

Straegen.2938, can u imagine how many players are being carried in this game?
If Anet adressed that every one would cry its build and class is now dead cant win and stuff like that…

babazhook.6805, not enterilly true, but not false either, it is not only the pet, if u dont have a gap closer to druid expect to loose.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Celestial Shadow is probably going to get wrekt eventually. It makes any competent druid a potential troll and carries any other druid so hard it’s sad. Good riddance.

in WvW

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

Saddly it is to late for changes.

If Anet adressed that every one would cry its build and class is now dead cant win and stuff like that…

babazhook.6805, not enterilly true, but not false either, it is not only the pet, if u dont have a gap closer to druid expect to loose.

I am speaking from my own perspective as a person that mains thief. We have gap closers. You do have to stick close or that LRS will do you in quick. At the same time if you have high Immob in your build (As example mine has Impairing daggers, body shot, two iterations of needle trap and panic strike) you need less in the way of gap closers. It just a matter of landing them which can be difficult. (Body shot rather easy to dodge)

That said I see taking out the pet as very much like people in a smaller group focusing to take down the glass cannon first on a like sized group.It just getting the odds more in your favor and that infernal bristleback can do a lot of damage.

in WvW

Straegen.2938

Class balance is important otherwise we end up with everyone migrating to an ever shrinking pool of meta builds. This happened just before HoT with PU Mesmers.

All builds should have trade-offs as they specialize. If a build emerges that has too much access to escape, bunker, damage at the same time those builds need to be brought back in line before every other player we see is the same variation of the same class/build.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I find it funny that you say Druids are overpowered…I constantly see them dead, because if you’re going for any group spec, you have no damage, and you’re focused on healing. All it takes is one encountering any roamer or person heading back to zerg that’s spec’d for damage, and that Druid is dead.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in WvW

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

guys right now there are many silly builds im game:

• medi-trap guard has better mobility and does a silly ton of damage with better sustain and 10 second inmmunity.
  • endure-all-the-pain-in-game warriors got the same problem. extreme mobility with GS and up to 14 seconds invulnerability with the shield. And let’s not forget the ammount of cleanses and ton of damage the drop.
  • Condi mesmers are silly also. It ia the only class can kill you not using any skill.
  • Condi DD is silly too. The only class that can kill you while not stop evading your attacks.
  • Hamrev still does 15k every 4 seconds to 15 targets at 1200. And a piercing 5k autos.

At least the bunker druid doesn’t do as much damage as those other classes. Saying the pet can kill you when it does an average of 900 damage \second (bristleback included) is a nosense.

You can say bunkers druids are annoying as hell as they don’t die, but if they kill you you need to l2p

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

I find it funny that you say Druids are overpowered…I constantly see them dead, because if you’re going for any group spec, you have no damage, and you’re focused on healing. All it takes is one encountering any roamer or person heading back to zerg that’s spec’d for damage, and that Druid is dead.

People are complaining because they are used to rangers being free bags so they never bothered learning how to fight them. Druids have no insta cast stability, most only use SotP to give them stability and they pop it before engaging since it has a full second cast time, once it’s down you can chain cc them to death without a problem.

If they are running staff/GS all you have to do is use the terrain to kitten up the pets pathing so they can’t hit you and avoid the GS maul which is the most telegraphed skill in the game. If they are staff/LB you just stay in close, run through them to screw up their damage, and save your blocks for rapid fire.

If you are running a condi build just save your bomb for the first time they go into CA. It cleanses when they first activate it and then they can’t use it again for a minimum of 10 seconds.

The only class ranger hard counters is necro, and that’s still going to be a long kitten fight. Any other class can beat a ranger if you know what you are doing.

LGN

(edited by Jim Hunter.6821)

in WvW

Posted by: Napo.1230

Napo.1230

I don’t even bother fighting them anymore it’s totally pointless, hurt them they run heal up and come back to tickle you to death. Good luck catching them especially on classes like reaper.
Last night about 15 people chased one down for 10 mins before they gave up with all the ridiculous 10% to full heal moments.
I’m not calling for a nerf because the ones that dont die dont fight, so their abundance of room downstairs is punishment enough.

in WvW

Posted by: Sym.4503

Sym.4503

Am I the only one that gets it? Or are those running condi refusing to come up off their builds?

All I ever hear these days is how WvW is dead, or that this condi build is OP or that class is OP.
You also have the those who blame those who jumped ship for a gold server leaving the silver / bronze servers gutted.

Day after day I hear this and no one ever comments on the common denominator.
Condition Damage IS the problem with WvW.
It is the reason why newer players stay away from WvW…tried of dying…lack of funds to build…lack of understanding of the builds.
It is a reason why people jumper servers…to be with others who are running the “flavor of the month” (builds / classes) and who communicate on TS. To be in a server with Condi liked people and not have to deal with pugs who are NOT running condi and become a liability.
And then there is this question…Why spend the time or gold on a build that is ONLY used in WvW?

When a few condi bombs can wipe a zerg…can you really sit there with your condi build and say that Condition Damage is not the problem with WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

The condi hate becomes more ridiculous every day …
Maybe you should try druid and /laugh at most condi builds (to be not completely off-tpic).

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

Am I the only one that gets it? Or are those running condi refusing to come up off their builds?

All I ever hear these days is how WvW is dead, or that this condi build is OP or that class is OP.
You also have the those who blame those who jumped ship for a gold server leaving the silver / bronze servers gutted.

Day after day I hear this and no one ever comments on the common denominator.
Condition Damage IS the problem with WvW.
It is the reason why newer players stay away from WvW…tried of dying…lack of funds to build…lack of understanding of the builds.
It is a reason why people jumper servers…to be with others who are running the “flavor of the month” (builds / classes) and who communicate on TS. To be in a server with Condi liked people and not have to deal with pugs who are NOT running condi and become a liability.
And then there is this question…Why spend the time or gold on a build that is ONLY used in WvW?

When a few condi bombs can wipe a zerg…can you really sit there with your condi build and say that Condition Damage is not the problem with WvW?

What does this have to do with druids again?

LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

Yeah I don’t bother with a couple of the druid builds unless I’m bored. Best way to handle them is to step in from stealth just as they’ve blown a couple major cds to make their usual escape. They need to make mistakes to die (or get ganked from stealth)

They can stealth, tank, heal, run around with crazy mobility and dump decent enough dmg. If they had decent aoe zergs would all be druids lol

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

Druids are pretty much the one thing i can’t burst with my gunflame. I’ll land the hit…they go to 25%, they instant heal. They use that stupid wild leap thing to run when they are in trouble and their pet STAYS ontop of me ccing and doing dmg to me. Then they just use another movement skill to come back to me at 100% hp like they are fully refreshed….and im sitting there with abilities still on cd with hardly anything available to use to defend myself. I played with one of them yesterday…..we did that back and forth 3 TIMES! And finally i decided i was gonna lose the 4th time so I ran back to spawn where i got downed by spawn next to our legendary defenders. They had to fire 3 salvo’s before they killed his stupid pet cause of kitten invulnerabilities.

Srsly fix the pet situation with rangers….random invulnerabilities all the friggin time. I’m supposed to ignore the pets right? Then why can their pet maintain aggro right ontop of me when the ranger is over 2500 range away from me? I wouldn’t be surprised if the ranger is getting ooc and just leaping back to where his pet is mauling me.

We also need to be able to interrupt ranger heals in a meaningful way….interrupting their heal should be a death sentence for them and yet its a “oh lets stealth/run and wait 3 seconds or oh it doens’t matter since my heal can’t be interrupted anyways”.
Should we even rant about thier healing abilities? like cmon…..they seem to make the downed and themselves MORE powerful after getting them up (a process you will not be able to stop without a large force or engie). ITs basically 2 periods of invulnerability for the downed player, and they are just as powerful and hard hitting when they get back up (thanks downed penalty).

I personally would take the downed penalty 24/7 all the time, if in return it gave me 2 separate periods of complete condi clear and invulnerability. who wouldn’t?

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

in WvW

Straegen.2938

Those that are saying “you just XYZ” to kill a Druid, aren’t fighting the bunker variations. A decent player in a bunker Druid can easily face tank two players and it takes 3+ to bring them down if they are trying to run.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

Reh.5986

Those that are saying “you just XYZ” to kill a Druid, aren’t fighting the bunker variations. A decent player in a bunker Druid can easily face tank two players and it takes 3+ to bring them down if they are trying to run.

Yep there is a difference. The build I’m talking about can lead 5+ around in circles and then disengage any time someone shows up that’s a legit threat. They are pretty much full bunker/heal and rely on pet and steady staff auto to whittle people down.

Bristleback and smokescale. Truly annoying. I think it was mag I saw running 3 of these side by side. All they had to do was pick a target and it was free bags all day. They string some people out, drop some crazy immob + pet burst and gg.

in WvW

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

if you fight a fully bunker druid ,he won;t be able to kill you unless you are bad

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

in WvW

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

Yep there is a difference. The build I’m talking about can lead 5+ around in circles and then disengage any time someone shows up that’s a legit threat. They are pretty much full bunker/heal and rely on pet and steady staff auto to whittle people down.

Bristleback and smokescale. Truly annoying. I think it was mag I saw running 3 of these side by side. All they had to do was pick a target and it was free bags all day. They string some people out, drop some crazy immob + pet burst and gg.

yeh because the bunker druid can’t do any real damage. Pets do around 900 dps, somebody tested, and the staff tickles.

So they need like 3 of them to take down 1 enemy.

In any case, i agree druid needs a real dps choice (from the ranger or the druid) so players aren’t forced into the tank meta. There is no room for more nerfs in that class.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

Lol … OP starts thread ’Druid’s OP’ … thread evolves into ‘Buff Druids DPS’

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

Druids are pretty much the one thing i can’t burst with my gunflame. I’ll land the hit…they go to 25%, they instant heal. They use that stupid wild leap thing to run when they are in trouble and their pet STAYS ontop of me ccing and doing dmg to me. Then they just use another movement skill to come back to me at 100% hp like they are fully refreshed….and im sitting there with abilities still on cd with hardly anything available to use to defend myself. I played with one of them yesterday…..we did that back and forth 3 TIMES! And finally i decided i was gonna lose the 4th time so I ran back to spawn where i got downed by spawn next to our legendary defenders. They had to fire 3 salvo’s before they killed his stupid pet cause of kitten invulnerabilities.

Srsly fix the pet situation with rangers….random invulnerabilities all the friggin time. I’m supposed to ignore the pets right? Then why can their pet maintain aggro right ontop of me when the ranger is over 2500 range away from me? I wouldn’t be surprised if the ranger is getting ooc and just leaping back to where his pet is mauling me.

We also need to be able to interrupt ranger heals in a meaningful way….interrupting their heal should be a death sentence for them and yet its a “oh lets stealth/run and wait 3 seconds or oh it doens’t matter since my heal can’t be interrupted anyways”.
Should we even rant about thier healing abilities? like cmon…..they seem to make the downed and themselves MORE powerful after getting them up (a process you will not be able to stop without a large force or engie). ITs basically 2 periods of invulnerability for the downed player, and they are just as powerful and hard hitting when they get back up (thanks downed penalty).

I personally would take the downed penalty 24/7 all the time, if in return it gave me 2 separate periods of complete condi clear and invulnerability. who wouldn’t?

Perfect example of what I ‘m talking about. You clearly have no idea how to fight a ranger, you aren’t paying any attention to their skills or trying to figure out their build, you just expect to face tank it and overpower them.

LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Napo.1230

Napo.1230

Perfect example of what I ‘m talking about. You clearly have no idea how to fight a ranger, you aren’t paying any attention to their skills or trying to figure out their build, you just expect to face tank it and overpower them.

Please do share the correct way then.
So far regardless of what class my only solution is outnumber the druid and pray you can cc them.
The ones that dont die hit like a wet noodle so not an immediate threat, however they are great scouts and guarenteed you’ll see that stupid staff AA the second you engage someone.

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

Please do share the correct way then.
So far regardless of what class my only solution is outnumber the druid and pray you can cc them.
The ones that dont die hit like a wet noodle so not an immediate threat, however they are great scouts and guarenteed you’ll see that stupid staff AA the second you engage someone.

scroll up

LGN

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

I agree with this thread, Longbow DPS does need to be increased.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

in WvW

Posted by: Djahlat.9610

Djahlat.9610

I’ve been a loyal player of the GW franchise for the last 8 years, and this has got to be the first time I see a thread implying that Rangers are Overpowered.
Thank you, I needed a laugh today.

On another note, I agree that Longbow DPS needs to be increased, or give Rangers an alternative DPS weapon.

in WvW

Posted by: Mokk.2397

Mokk.2397

Oh Boo-Hoo ,you got wrecked by a ranger/druid.Not so easy to kill a ranger anymore? That can’t be right please nerf them.
Here’s a suggestion.Get a helmet WvW is rough.

in WvW

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

You’re not supposed to ignore the pet, you’re supposed to deal with them too. That’s the entire point of them as a mechanic.

Also your pet attacking something keeps you in combat, by the way.

in WvW

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

You’re not supposed to ignore the pet, you’re supposed to deal with them too. That’s the entire point of them as a mechanic.

Also your pet attacking something keeps you in combat, by the way.

It’s true, trying to maneuver the pet into your cleave is pretty important. But actually focusing the pet is a bit futile unless the druid’s asleep at the switch. If you kill him, fine, it’s out for 60s (iirc). But the druid can just swap it before it dies, which puts it on a mere 20s cd.

I’m inclined to think pegging a pet’s stats to the ranger’s gear choice is something worth exploring. I agree that the pet’s damage is factored into the ranger/druid’s own damage balance, but I don’t see the rationale in divorcing that damage from gear selection.

If a druid sacrifices damage for tank, then it’s reasonable to expect the same of the pet. Similarly, if the druid goes all in on damage, the pet should see a corresponding increase to its damage at the expense of its defense potential.

The tanked druid with full damage pets just seems too forgiving for bad play, imo. I don’t think the class is OP though… I think it’s generally in a good spot (great in some circumstances, useless in others).

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

(edited by Choppy.4183)

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

The issue is primarily might stacking and the raw kiting potential on staff in regards that it’s able to kite and sustain and manage enough damage to kill. It’s not the heals/sustain, the pet, or really anything else, just the boons.

Full tank or celestial can stack massive sustain, mobility, and just enough damage to get kills. It’s not the most effective damage dealer, but 5-6k RF’s hurt almost regardless of what you’re playing.

Focusing the pet is pointless because I can tell you now there is not enough damage in the entire game from a single class to burst a booned and well-managed pet with the BM tank roaming build going around. I can deal almost 40k damage over the course of a bit over a second on my thief, and the pet typically takes < 2k from repeated bark skin + prot + massive toughness + extra damage mitigation. And my thief was the hardest-hitting build in the game, done to 100% gear completion even in omni infusions in armor for more power.

The heals are whatever, the stealth is whatever. Just like every other durable-damage-built profession in the game, however, its boons are what cause it to end up ridiculous when paired with the mobility and ranged pressure. I don’t really think the issue is innately in druid or its coefficients but rather the normal issue of boons getting out of control and accounting for way too much of player stats.

in WvW

Posted by: Ocosh.5843

Ocosh.5843

I’ve begun treating these bunker druids like the new P/U — they can only beat you if you fight them — and walking away. It’s just a rotation of cc/passive immob/F2, staff3 and kite, stealth and kite, heal heal heal. It’s not that they are OP; it’s that they don’t sacrifice much for their sustain, so in theory one can eventually kill you . . . or you can fight it until you fall asleep.

If the druid is decent it won’t die 1v1, but it can’t really catch most professions so much as keep you in combat while it chases.

I’m inclined to think pegging a pet’s stats to the ranger’s gear choice is something worth exploring. I agree that the pet’s damage is factored into the ranger/druid’s own damage balance, but I don’t see the rationale in divorcing that damage from gear selection.

If a druid sacrifices damage for tank, then it’s reasonable to expect the same of the pet. Similarly, if the druid goes all in on damage, the pet should see a corresponding increase to its damage at the expense of its defense potential.

The tanked druid with full damage pets just seems too forgiving for bad play, imo. I don’t think the class is OP though… I think it’s generally in a good spot (great in some circumstances, useless in others).

This is pretty much where I am as well (except for the end; I’d rather see balance around standards of better or worse, rather than supreme or garbage). Having one profession whose gear/stat selection doesn’t affect a major portion of its play is a bit bizarre. Then again, Ranger/Druid is the lone pet class, and pet classes are pretty universally victims of bad design, where they are given bonuses that break the system because they’re saddled with this clumsy device.

For those people invoking DPS: This is a PvE calculation. It matters in that setting because you are attempting to grind through a raidboss’ hitpoints within a time limit (or at least efficiently). PvP encounters, where the combatants’ HP totals will go up and down, are much more about burst. It doesn’t matter what the pet does over the course of a whole fight, but rather within one crucial window.

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

Its impossible not to mention highly impractical though like choppy said. I’m fully aware of bunker druids and ive on many occasion killed both the pets and then targetted the druid. Even then the window it gives you makes the process pretty fruitless. I think killing the pets gave me a victory one time in the past, the other times the fight was going nowhere and i just gaveup. The option of killing both pets makes fights last way longer than they should. There’s a difference betweeen fighting a good p layer for 5 minutes nonstop and spending 4 minutes killing 2 pve creatures and 1 minute finihing off the druid.

scroll up

Scroll down.
What you said up there made no sense. Not our fault you can’t even explain it.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

in WvW

Posted by: Reaven.3958

Reaven.3958

Whoa whoa wait, is condi thief suddenly good again? What happened?

in WvW

Reh.5986

yeh because the bunker druid can’t do any real damage. Pets do around 900 dps, somebody tested, and the staff tickles.

So they need like 3 of them to take down 1 enemy.

This is untrue. Only takes 1 to whittle down most non bunker builds. I’m not even sure how someone could think this. I can kill people on a cleric scepter tempest and it has less damage and generally sucks.

I could care less about the build myself as long as it’s not some nub tapping keep all day. Even thinking of running it on my druid just for lolz.

The state of wvw atm…just not worth worrying about stupid builds anymore. I’ll whine about condi mes but I would run it myself if it didn’t feel so boring.

in WvW

Posted by: RlyOsim.2497

RlyOsim.2497

Druids in WvW are just another symptom of broken skills, gear and balance in WvW.

And ya, druids are silly op in 1v1’s but so are a good deal of other builds.

Guild Wars has a fantastic combat system but atm (when talking about a good deal of op builds) a very toxic combat interaction. For me personally it just stinks of short-term player investment: no average player should be able to play a build for a few hours and roll others on (decent) builds that they have been playing for a few 100 hours. It’s toxic in so many regards but ultimately rewards short-term over long-term investment.

It’s an MMO, not a Telltale game, people should be rewarded for investment not for getting their Helen Keller on and rolling on the keyboard. If the actual result difference of a build that requires low mechanical/combat understanding compared to a high mechanic/combat understanding is minimal then what’s the point for the casual population to learn the higher skill builds? And this is in the context of casual wars 2.

So ya Druid is definitely an issue but it’s only a part of a much larger issue.

/rant

The Ghost of Christmas Past

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Only few things needed to be nerfed on staff druid:

- ancestral grace – make it 450 or 600 range + heal nerf (600 healing) . Its annoying seeing druid with 1100 range escape from gs and 1200 from staff. No other class have that. Plus that annoying stealth and poping up with full hp after.
- HOT pets needs hp nerf.

in WvW

Posted by: Chorazin.4107

Chorazin.4107

I guess Anet’s point of view is that small man and solo are not really impactful overall on server scores. And as WvW is more about large scale conflict they dont feel the need to worry about how classes interact in a microcosm.

Druid is just one of the stupid specs out there atm tbf. At least the Scrapper ate some nerfs, they just need to do the same to Druid, Zerker, Condi Chrono and perma dodge condi thief.

There is a lot of stuff from all these classes that could use some toning down in WvW with regards to small group encounters(1-3).

Chorazin
[lion]~ riperonis
[tRex]

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

Scroll down.
What you said up there made no sense. Not our fault you can’t even explain it.

English not your first language? What didn’t you understand about it?

Those of you that think pet stats should be based off or ranger armor might want to rethink that position. Right now smokescale has roughly the same stats as our bears, which is basically as tanky as our pets get. If it scaled off our gear you wouldn’t see much difference against a bunker druid but you’d see a huge damage increase from glassier druids. A glass ranger using traits and utilities to buff a bird would be 1 shotting glassy builds.

LGN