Dueling in WvW ... not a good place?!?

in WvW

Posted by: Xxorzist.2809

Xxorzist.2809

For some player they like to do duel in WvW Zone. And sometime is hard to know if they are dueling or not. In exemple; I ran back to my guildies from my Keep and on the way back. I saw 2 players were fighting each other ( I tough it was a duel) But After the guy died, I have recieved a Whisper about I was kitten cause I didn’t help him… I said sorry I tough it was a duel. And later, same scenario but I jump in the fight and I recieved another Whisper cause I was a kitten about getting into the fight during a duel…
I know there is a place in Pvp mode that ppl can do duel whitout getting frustrated about others.
What is your think about it?

I personally think WvW is not a good place for dueling.

(edited by Xxorzist.2809)

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Obsidian Sanctum exists.

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

There is no reason for you to feel bad about it since it’s sometimes just really hard to tell.
With a bit of a well trained eye you should be able to see the duel-potential from your mates playstyle. (e.g. is he very passive, is he obviously using zerg build etc.)

If you just stand very close and it’s not a duel your mate will most probably run towards you to pull the enemy there – something he wouldn’t do in a duel. (And the bad guy will also most likely attack you)

And in the end – if he goes downstate and the enemy tries to stomp cc him or whatever and save your mate. If it’s a duel he will probably retreat without stomping. If not-kill him (which should be fairly easy at that point)

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in WvW

Posted by: Kitiara.2706

Kitiara.2706

Obsidian Sanctum exists.

^^ This! I wish more people just dueling would go there. Would be so much easier, for all parties.

in WvW

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

its red its dead.

if they want duels go to custom arenas or Sanctum.

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

All red names are fair game… Never pass up on a loot bag… Never!

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

For some player they like to do duel in WvW Zone. And sometime is hard to know if they are dueling or not. In exemple; I ran back to my guildies from my Keep and on the way back. I saw 2 players were fighting each other ( I tough it was a duel) But After the guy died, I have recieved a Whisper about I was kitten cause I didn’t help him… I said sorry I tough it was a duel. And later, same scenario but I jump in the fight and I recieved another Whisper cause I was a kitten about getting into the fight during a duel…
I know there is a place in Pvp mode that ppl can do duel whitout getting frustrated about others.
What is your think about it?

I personally think WvW is not a good place for dueling.

If the guy is bawling you out for not helping him in a 1v1, then he needs to improve. Simple as that.

Nobody should need an extra body to gang up on one enemy player.

Tell the guy he better learn how to play his class or he’ll keep dying.

If I’m duelling, I’ll go out of my way to use /say and say “duelling” so there’s no confusion.

But honestly, if someone is 1v1 and needs help .. lol .. I’d just sit down and watch them.

Only way to improve is to do 1,000 faceplants…..

L’enfer, c’est les autres

(edited by Jayne.9251)

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

The thing with duels that most people forget when making snide remarks like “Go to OS or go to PvP” is that most duels aren’t organised.

Usually it’s boring, come across another solo roamer and the fight lasts longer than normal, leading to a party up, friendly chat and further duels. NONE of it is premeditated. There are other scenarios, but you’ll find they just happen when they do without any planning.

If you see a group of people standing around, it’s because what I described earlier happened, and more people have seen it and either watched or try to participate themselves, which by this point it should be pretty clear what is going on.

No one has any right to stop you from attacking them, but I can guarantee you that you will become food to the afk players watching from the other 2 servers, and no one on your own server will help you for making that choice.

If you have trouble knowing what’s going on, just watch and see how it pans out, if your ally goes down, go to rez strait away and if the enemy tries to stomp, use an interrupt skill or use your own burst as his skills would most likely be on CD, low health pool and low endurance.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

in WvW

LetoII.3782

The thing with duels that most people forget when making snide remarks like “Go to OS or go to PvP” is that most duels aren’t organised.

Usually it’s boring, come across another solo roamer and the fight lasts longer than normal, leading to a party up, friendly chat and further duels. NONE of it is premeditated. There are other scenarios, but you’ll find they just happen when they do without any planning.

If you see a group of people standing around, it’s because what I described earlier happened, and more people have seen it and either watched or try to participate themselves, which by this point it should be pretty clear what is going on.

No one has any right to stop you from attacking them, but I can guarantee you that you will become food to the afk players watching from the other 2 servers, and no one on your own server will help you for making that choice.

If you have trouble knowing what’s going on, just watch and see how it pans out, if your ally goes down, go to rez strait away and if the enemy tries to stomp, use an interrupt skill or use your own burst as his skills would most likely be on CD, low health pool and low endurance.

Those casually started duelling groups can steamroll into a monster. I’ve seen them utterly kill roaming in tiers.. In other games lead to an end to mass fighting altogether. At the very least, it goes against the spirit of RvR. I hold no animosity toward my opponents, but I believe getting too friendly with the enemy is dangerous to game health.

Hence a place for such behavior has been specifically created.. Obsidian Sanctum.

in WvW

Posted by: Hitsuke.5304

Hitsuke.5304

It doesn’t bother me during non-peak hours when there’s literally 5 people on the map as it’s not exactly doing any harm then. However during peak times when the map is busy they should do one to Obsidian Sanctum like others have said.

Frankly I get sick of complete clown shoes whining because you interrupted their “Duel” which they decided to partake in slap bang outside a keep or tower… Sorry, but the red guy is getting minced and you are getting chewed out for being a complete moron.

in WvW

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

Lol who cares if the guy is mad that you didn’t +1 his fight it just shows his cowardice. He’s not going to lose anything out of dying in a 1v1 with armour repair being free tell him to stick to with the blobs.

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Those casually started duelling groups can steamroll into a monster. I’ve seen them utterly kill roaming in tiers.. In other games lead to an end to mass fighting altogether. At the very least, it goes against the spirit of RvR. I hold no animosity toward my opponents, but I believe getting too friendly with the enemy is dangerous to game health.

Hence a place for such behavior has been specifically created.. Obsidian Sanctum.

Ok.

Well next time I’m solo roaming and come across another solo roamer and we end up fighting for more than 10s, I’ll party him and ask him to stop so we can hold hands and skip to the OS to finish our fight that may or may not turn into a duel…

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

If you duel, you still do it on WvW terms no matter where you are. So yes, you can die when 30 people come and interrupt it. Cant deal with that? You’re in the wrong place.

Its not really that complicated. Not interrupting a fight (be it GvG, 5v5 or 1v1) is a judgement call. Personally I dont blaim anyone for jumping into battle. If a player/guild become that angry they are elitists so kitten them.

in WvW

Posted by: Coinhead.7591

Coinhead.7591

If I am fighting 1v1 fight and you want to kill me there are 3 ways to go with it.

1) Join the fight. I will attempt to run with all skills I have.
2) Let your ally fight me. I wont run even I am going to lose.
3) Let me kill your ally, then attack. I wont run even I am going to lose.

Often adding into fight just leads to the outmanned party running and you are now forced to chase them for hours if you want your kill. Maybe you enjoy “thrill of the hunt” then ofc you chase the opponent, but if you just want “bags” then its kinda waste of time.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

So many places you can duel without interuptions. If people cant respect those spots im sorry but i cant respect those “duels” right outside a keep. Red is dead.

And about being whispered by an ally saying your kitten for not helping, let him die another time too for being such a kitten.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Algerius.5238

Algerius.5238

WvW is in a weird state, it should be a battlefield yet players ask you to stop and respect every fight “GvG” near towers or even duels near the sides of SM.

At this point don’t really care because the game is kinda dead, but it is quite the bullkitten to have to respect everythign in WvW. Red enemy must die, don’t really care if dueling GvGing etc.

But at the end we all want to play without having trouble so you end up “respecting?” their fights. Even when raiding you ask yourself if you really are allowed to add in on that fight or this fight etc.

It’s just a load of Bullkitten. But i guess since PPT is completely dead, and capping has never been so boring, we’ll adapt.

I really miss the clusterkittens in bay and Hills, and Garrison sometimes

in WvW

LetoII.3782

Ok.

Well next time I’m solo roaming and come across another solo roamer and we end up fighting for more than 10s, I’ll party him and ask him to stop so we can hold hands and skip to the OS to finish our fight that may or may not turn into a duel…

I’m not talking about a chance 1v1. I enjoy those myself as well.

I AM talking about the big groups that occasionally gather around SMC.

in WvW

Posted by: Dei Veien.2456

Dei Veien.2456

Times like this I really miss the spot behind the mill.
Going to OS is fine and all and I can respect people saying to go there but sometimes it is just nice to run into a stranger in the middle of no where and start up a dual. It is even better when you have enemy and friendly groups that respect that though I wouldn’t say I expect that behavior by any means.
Still, finding a fight in OS just sounds painful, I have never casually wandered in there and found someone.

Order of Intoxication [PSY]

in WvW

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

If there are people of different servers standing around, it’s a duel.

If there is 1 guy fighting 1 other guy, do whatever you want. If he’s angry you ruined his duel, tell him to duel somewhere more remote. Also, watch the chat when you jump in. Maybe your ally will say “stop” or “no” or “duel”. If not, that’s his mistake.

in WvW

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

If I don´t clearly see it´s a duel i will attack (Clues for a duel: they both bowed, i got a message befor attacking, watchers standign around, ..). Very simple. I will definitly destroy some duels, but its WvW and helping a teammate outweights the possibility to destroy a duel for me.

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

in WvW

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

The Obsidian Sanctum’s Arena, as well as inviting people to your Guild, and go to the Arena there to duel.

I always interrupt Duels.

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

in WvW

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

You’re free to interrupt duels, but it’s always hilarious to see people that suck 1v1 or have zerg builds get destroyed by someone who was at 1/3 health because their teammate doesn’t want to make it a 2v1.

That said, I think most people that duel like that are aware of the risks and understand that people will sometimes go out of their way to try to ruin it. It’s just something you have to live with.