Dune Roller

Dune Roller

in WvW

Posted by: Valfaros.6908

Valfaros.6908

Can someone explain to me why Anet bothers developping such a cool funny device and then makes it so weak/useless that it won’t be used by anyone. (Except for kitten’s and giggels) Same for several other things like that hell hound transformation.

Dune Roller why is it so bad.
1. You have to wait quite a bit to even summon one
2. You have to spend gold on it
3. It only lasts 15 minutes
4. Extreamly vulnerable to anything especially conditions
5. Does not a lot of siege dmg
6. Bugs out elite spec when leaving it (atleast on daredevil)

Why can’t it be changed to be actually something usefull instead of irrelevant. I’m not a super wvw nerd (wvw rank 1.2k) but this just seems like wasted potential. Atleast make it say as long as you want to stay in it. Getting killed is easily enough so there is no need for a 15 minute restriction. Give it a heal with some kind of condi remove so you survive more then 2 seconds if getting attacked.

Are you okay with the dune roller? What would you guys change?

Dune Roller

in WvW

Posted by: ugrakarma.9416

ugrakarma.9416

Yes I’ve never understood this Anet policy for bundles.
GW2 is very rich of bundles, but the anet makes them unusable.

Not only on WvW, but on Pve as well. Few exceptions are the golens, either the WvW, or the Dragon Stand.

In the good old Street Rage, bundles are relevant and a “game changer”. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmgnJDg1cKM

(edited by ugrakarma.9416)

Dune Roller

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Needs auto-deploy machine guns that pop up and spam thief’s unload skill on 5 different targets with 2k range and unblockable/piercing.

Dune Roller

in WvW

Posted by: Vicious.3042

Vicious.3042

Did you know…

Attachments:

Dune Roller

in WvW

Posted by: Nightshade.2570

Nightshade.2570

Charr Cars, had the ability to transform WvW, the mechanization of desert borderlands would have been a phenomenal feature.

To make things a bit more-“Mad Max” esque would of been such a fun concept. I suspect that unfortunately they didnt feel that large quantities of them could be managed in large scale combat, perhaps it would cause to much lag.

I hope they take ideals like this to heart and next time find a way to employ them with a bit more freedom so that mutiple people can enjoy it.

Dune Roller

in WvW

Posted by: ugrakarma.9416

ugrakarma.9416

Charr Cars, had the ability to transform WvW, the mechanization of desert borderlands would have been a phenomenal feature.

To make things a bit more-“Mad Max” esque would of been such a fun concept. I suspect that unfortunately they didnt feel that large quantities of them could be managed in large scale combat, perhaps it would cause to much lag.

I hope they take ideals like this to heart and next time find a way to employ them with a bit more freedom so that mutiple people can enjoy it.

like bundles on old games, they could limite of use.

Anet’s current policy for bundles is as follows: Everyone can use it, but it will be nerfed to the point that even if everyone uses it, it will be irrelevant, a kind of anti-spam.

In old games: bundles are games changers and limited use by quantity. You can not use it all the time. Are not spammable but are relevant.

Dune Roller

in WvW

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Make it a t1 tactic for towers. The worst bit is you have to use it on camps, where it will only ever get used for kittens and giggles.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

(edited by Lahmia.2193)

Dune Roller

in WvW

Posted by: Rick the Boss.4562

Rick the Boss.4562

Tbh its rather useful on towers/keeps for some extra damage against walls/gates since you deal siege damage.

And its fun to play with

Ricky | Vabbi – [FEAR] Officer
Fak Everything And Run

Dune Roller

in WvW

Posted by: Valfaros.6908

Valfaros.6908

Yeah as long as it stays PvD any slightest enemy contact will kill you if you don’t run away quick enough. Then it only stays for 15 minutes and it’s not that easy to get one in the first place. It’s not like camps are defended so most of the time you might not even get to the point where you can summon one.
Then you finally managed to get one after defending and waiting for it only to find out your squad is on the other side of the map until you get there you have like 7 minutes left so this isn’t worth it at all.
This just feels like a funny thing being so bad that after the first 5 funny minutes it just annoys the crap out of you.

Dune Roller

in WvW

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

IIRC, they are affected by might and quickness, so you can stack buffs and do much more damage. They are also very fast, unlike golems. It’s a good tool for a small coordinated group. It just sucks waiting so long for a claimed camp.

Dune Roller

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I would like to see their siege damage and direct damage improved a very little bit. Otherwise I think they’re fine.

It can be buffed with boons (this means Quickness, Might, etc.)
It has an insanely massive leap ability that makes it easy to escape danger.
It can AOE stealth with it’s Smoke Field + Blast finisher combo for disengage.
And it has a pretty solid rate of fire + range.

It’s not weak but it could use a tiny buff in overall damage just to make it more worth the cooldown wait + purchase. If it were buffed too significantly it would outperform golems and other siege and would be too easy to murder multiple players with (which would obviously be broken).

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Dune Roller

in WvW

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

Im using the duneroller on a regular base. Its already extremly strong. You can do 1700 dmg on a T1 wall and take it down in like 2mins. And still be fast enough to run away from everything except condi. Also you can take out almost every defending siege when switching to action cam. So I dont know where your problem is.

Dune Roller

in WvW

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

Time for a Charr Car week! Just like the Golem event

Dune Roller

in WvW

Posted by: Nevaahe.6308

Nevaahe.6308

I’ve never had an issue using it. You can solo towers with it even. It has a dash, you can stealth yourself, block projectiles and damage gates/walls. Sure it was nerfed a bit after beta, but it still can be useful if used correctly.

Dune Roller

in WvW

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

I’ve never had an issue using it. You can solo towers with it even. It has a dash, you can stealth yourself, block projectiles and damage gates/walls. Sure it was nerfed a bit after beta, but it still can be useful if used correctly.

Just need to use it with power class, full bloodlust stacks. Use powerfood.

Dune Roller

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Does slightly more damage than an omega golem but can also evade defenders.

Cost: 10 minutes of defending a camp

Seems legit

Dune Roller

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

^^ These guys use it all the time.
The only problem is people willing to defend a camp long enough to get it.

That would be awesome.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

Dune Roller

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Oh I’m going to hit you …

L’enfer, c’est les autres