in WvW

Posted by: Platonic.5937

Platonic.5937

No1 likes getting almost 1 shotted.

Dying to fast

in WvW

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

I can tell this thread is full of wisdom, perhaps with time it will reveal its mysteries to me.

Dying to fast

in WvW

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

Are your build a “glass cannon”? If you try building yourself more defensively, you may have a more fun time in WvW. Sure, you aren’t doing insane damage, but you should be able to outlive most of these glass cannons.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

Dying to fast

in WvW

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

what you mean “almost”, tell that to the thieves who catch a kill shot from my full berserker set rifle

srsly get level 80, toughness, vitality – problem solved.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

Dying to fast

in WvW

Posted by: Sifu.6527

Sifu.6527

No1 likes getting almost 1 shotted.

The only class that can 1 shot a player from full to down is Warrior.

If you’re talking about Steal+CnD+BS, technically it is a 3 hit combo.

Dying to fast

in WvW

Posted by: Rinzler.8072

Rinzler.8072

Only time ive got close to oneshot was by a warrior sniper.

And thieves who macro their cnd (cnd+steal+bs)

Both situations i was playing one of my glass cannon characters. Not a problem, minus thieves macroing their backstab combo which is kinda cheap.

Rinzler [Mesmer] -BROLIS PASS- Violent Tendencies (vT)
Videos:

Dying to fast

in WvW

Posted by: Henrik.7560

Henrik.7560

Well, give up the glass cannon build and try Toughness or Vitallity.
We die faster than in other MMO’s because we have our own heal and dodge rolls.

Arcane Bastion [AB]
Elementalist Mesmer Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

Dying to fast

in WvW

Posted by: brandon.6735

brandon.6735

Is the OP even 80?

Guardianhipster
Thiefhipster

Dying to fast

in WvW

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

Both situations i was playing one of my glass cannon characters. Not a problem, minus thieves macroing their backstab combo which is kinda cheap.

I hope you’re not insinuating all Thieves macro their combo. My brother plays a Thief with Backstab combo build. He executes the combo perfectly every time and I know for a fact he doesn’t use a keyboard macro (I don’t think he’d even know how to set one up.)

[AoN] All or Nothing

Dying to fast

in WvW

Posted by: Quentin Fields.1295

Quentin Fields.1295

Gratz everyone for baiting the troll

Dying to fast

in WvW

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Run with a Zerg, then you wont ever die.

Dying to fast

in WvW

Rinzler.8072

I hope you’re not insinuating all Thieves macro their combo. My brother plays a Thief with Backstab combo build. He executes the combo perfectly every time and I know for a fact he doesn’t use a keyboard macro (I don’t think he’d even know how to set one up.)

Im a thief, and i personally think that its not working as intended even if you arnt macroing it. It’s jsut way to powerful and one of the reasons everyong is calling for nerfs on thieves.

I think there would be alot less nerf calls if people would stop exploiting the combo.

Videos:

Dying to fast

in WvW

Posted by: Raincrow.1840

Raincrow.1840

Mashing 3 buttons in a row without a macro isn’t really something to brag about.

Crystal Desert; The Viking Server
When are people going to figure out there’s a war going on?

Dying to fast

in WvW

Xirin.8593

Mashing 3 buttons in a row without a macro isn’t really something to brag about.

Wow, is today Official Troll Day?

I never said it was something to brag about. Read the post I was responding to.

Unbelievable.

[AoN] All or Nothing

Dying to fast

in WvW

Xirin.8593

Im a thief, and i personally think that its not working as intended even if you arnt macroing it. It’s jsut way to powerful and one of the reasons everyong is calling for nerfs on thieves.

I think there would be alot less nerf calls if people would stop exploiting the combo

That may be true. I really don’t care since I never play my Thief anymore. However, this has nothing to do with what I said in response to your blanket statement.

[AoN] All or Nothing

Dying to fast

in WvW

Posted by: Sifu.6527

Sifu.6527

I think there would be alot less nerf calls if people would stop exploiting the combo.

Anet has spoken and it is intend. The ability to use instant cast skill in conjuction with skills that have cast time.

Example:

Steal+CnD
Churning Earth+Lightning Flash
Ring of Warding + Intervention
Etc

Dying to fast

in WvW

Rinzler.8072

Anet has spoken and it is intend. The ability to use instant cast skill in conjuction with skills that have cast time.

Example:

Steal+CnD
Etc

Dunno, i think its kinda OP at the moment. And ide hate to get my damage nerfed because of it, and be forced to run the combo like that. Ide rather the combo get nerfed and i keep my dmg.

Videos:

Dying to fast

in WvW

Posted by: Amshaa.7492

Amshaa.7492

Example:

Steal+CnD
Etc

Working as intended, indeed.
But, maybe a slight change could be good to Steal+CnD :
If traited as Mug, Steal could grant the revealed debuff as it uses shadow to port you to the target and deals damage.
Then, damage output from a backstab thief would remain the same, but it couldn’t use Steal+CnD+Backstab combo anymore, at least in the same order.