Dynamic Scoring

Dynamic Scoring

in WvW

Posted by: Talmor.9048

Talmor.9048

A chief complaint in many matchups in WvWvW is that size matters. The size of your zerg and your population. In particular, your “Oceanic” coverage or Night capping. This can cause many frustrating moments waking up to find 100% of the map given to another world. Especially since this is no fault of your own other than the fact that you needed to sleep, go to work, or school.

So what is the solution? I propose this: Dynamic Scoring.

During the 15 minute period countdown to scoring, the ANET computer does a calculation of how many people from all four maps are playing and how long they are on during that 15 minute period. Then they divide it by the maximum that you can have for that 15 minute period. Giving a percentage of how many people are online. Just multiply that number by the score.

For instance:
Server 1: 90% on all four maps
Server 2: 20% on all four maps
Server 3: 40% on all four maps

(90+20+40) / 3 = 50%

Therefore the total score that each server would get would be multiplied by 0.50 during that 15 minute span.

So how does this fix it? Well if Server 1 goes to bed, the average percent will drop and there will be less scoring going because there is less coverage on all of the maps, hence the nightly zerg around the maps would have less influence on the overall score.

During the evening primetimes when there are more even forces and higher numbers, you get a better chance of scoring those more points.

What do you guys think?

- Farstrike
Dragon Brand

Dynamic Scoring

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

I think I once proposed the same:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/WvW-by-night/1041508
And I still think it is better than the current scoring.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

Dynamic Scoring

in WvW

Posted by: Talmor.9048

Talmor.9048

I think I once proposed the same:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/WvW-by-night/1041508
And I still think it is better than the current scoring.

And here I thought I had an original thought. I suppose that with the internet, there is no such thing as being first. Well, if enough people have this “original thought” then it must be something that should be considered, right?

I like the dynamic point scoring because it means that it bring skill and group tactics back in because it means that you just need to do more with what you have.

- Farstrike
Dragon Brand

Dynamic Scoring

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

I like it because I think it captures the basics of:
A map-point is worth more score-points, while more people fight for the control of it.
(and nothing while no one cares about it)

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)