Dzagonur / Gunnars Hold / Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Posted by: Neandramathal.9536

Neandramathal.9536

To the Dza defenders at RoS bay just now:

Sorry for wasting your time, our last few guild members logged off so we were left with kittenistance who when attacked by a mortar just stand on a cliff watching, oblivious to the 4 guys attacking the trebs behind them. Apparently pre-aiming trebs for people so they hit the mortar build site (you know, so you couldn’t rebuild it) is not enough to prevent them turning and firing at random unbreakable wall sections.

So yes, sorry for wasting your time defending that keep – you probably could’ve gone to sleep and it would still stand in the morning.

Regards – Late night player who shares your boredom :P

[GoV] Gnomes of Vabbi || [Imp] Impact
Currently @ Piken Square
Small scale unimpressive videos of unimpressiveness: http://www.youtube.com/neandramathal

in WvW

Posted by: Mhim.3415

Mhim.3415

Another fabulous fight yesterday nichgt at our bay! We tried a new tactic and it works ;-) Thanks to GH to force me run and port like a angry chicken around my homelands to find your small terrorgroups and stop them.

in WvW

Posted by: Nidhogg.2950

Nidhogg.2950

Merry Christmass to all servers,

Not currently fighting in this match up, but I like to suggest that all further complaints about hacks/cheats/exploits are send privatly to both Arenanet and respective community people that have posted here.

All servers have their bad eggs, lets not let them pester us in the threads as well as the game.

Have fun!

Guildleader of Vitas, Gunnars Hold

in WvW

Posted by: fab.3298

fab.3298

Yeah, fighting at bay was great last night. I think we could have taken it had i not messed up the first portal – sorry to my team for that. Great defence by Dz, hopefully we can have more fights like that in the coming week.

Fab The Guardian
[Re] Rerolled

in WvW

Posted by: Hengis.5417

Hengis.5417

Another fabulous fight yesterday nichgt at our bay! We tried a new tactic and it works ;-) Thanks to GH to force me run and port like a angry chicken around my homelands to find your small terrorgroups and stop them.

Thanks for the fun last night! You defended well and gave us a great series of fights at your Bay outer and inner gates.

I was in one of the two ninja groups running around capping your camps and banging on the doors of your towers and keeps – it was fun trying to guess where you thought we would go next and then trying to go somewhere else :-)

I have had a lot of fun with this match. A particular shout out to two of your guys who invited me to their party after a rather epic underwater fight in the water at Bay on Sunday night where we were were all downed at some point and got several rallies between us – this was a great little fight and very sporting behaviour. :-)

Have a great Christmas everyone.

Hengis

Gunnars Hold
www.gunnars-hold.eu

A proud member and occasional commander of:
Praxium – PRXM and The Gunnar’s Hold Community
www.praxium.co.uk and www.gunnars-hold.eu

in WvW

Posted by: maloki.3527

maloki.3527

What are your predictions guys, are Dzagonur on the rise, will they go up a tier, or more than a tier?

I’d like to know; So we can prepare!

Maloki – Asura Necro/Sylvari Ele –
@Farshiverpeaks
You’re dumb. You’ll die, and you’ll leave a dumb corpse

in WvW

fab.3298

Their organised groups are very good and they have impressive numbers, perhaps not enough for the higher tiers, but enough to be comfortable around tier 6. You guys are in for a tough fight next week. Also, they have a pretty dedicated night time force – usually hitting around 2-3am. Most of our server population has usually logged off by this time, so it’s bee pretty brutal for us.

Fab The Guardian
[Re] Rerolled

in WvW

Mhim.3415

@maloki
we will definitly rise up one tier!
And i’m glad to meet you at my homelands to learn new defenceskills for your tactics :-)

in WvW

fab.3298

Using the breakout event to defend briar when you control lake and hills is unbelievably cheap. It’s a shame, i was having fun fighting your commander up until that point, but any respect i had for you is now gone. It’s just another example of poor sportsmanship by those some on Dz, enjoy your hollow victory.

Fab The Guardian
[Re] Rerolled

(edited by fab.3298)

in WvW

Mhim.3415

I was in the Tower when you came in, i have no idea why the NPC was there, sorry. I’ll ask our commander about that.

in WvW

Posted by: Shini.7542

Shini.7542

Hope you reported that guy on top of the house because that for sure it exploiting / hacking :p nice screenshot, wouldn’t even think to look up.

[IL] Shinis (Thief+Ranger)
Dzagonur

in WvW

Posted by: Rbn.8197

Rbn.8197

Ok this was a flyhack…shame on this player! But the server dont got the fault for this, it’s the player himself whos so noobish. Hope you reported him!

in WvW

Neandramathal.9536

I did indeed report him, not saying anything about Dzag btw – just thought it was a good one to add to the screenshot collection haha.

Currently @ Piken Square
Small scale unimpressive videos of unimpressiveness: http://www.youtube.com/neandramathal

in WvW

Posted by: Rbn.8197

Rbn.8197

As i said, not the server got the fault its the player himself … sadly, but true nice collection ^^

in WvW

Neandramathal.9536

To the 2 ECL Ele’s that my guildie and I have just fought outside Greenvale Refuge;

Nice fight, long but nice. Spent most of it thinking “Stand… Still… PLEASE” or “Why am I a warrior >.>”, but it was a good fight other than the sentry involvement for the first few minutes lol.

Must go level my D/D ele ^^. Also… wtb downed state that can stop itself getting stomped :p Seemed neither of us were able to finish off the bunker ele that was left when the teammate died.

Currently @ Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Zplus.4217

Zplus.4217

No it’s not the servers fault, but then again when your zerg came to treb inner bay wall when the guy using the treb was clearly using speed hack, while everyone in your zerg just stands about happily enjoying the turbo charged trebing. It really begs the question of where your server stands on issues of hacks and exploits.

(edited by Zplus.4217)

in WvW

Posted by: Enraged.5048

Enraged.5048

No it’s not the servers fault, but then again when your zerg came to treb inner bay wall when the guy using the treb was clearly using speed hack, while everyone in your zerg just stands about happily enjoying the turbo charged trebing. It really begs the question of where your server stands on issues of hacks and exploits.

I did not take part at this situation, but could he just have used the timelapse of a mesmer? It does not decrease the cooldown, but increase the speed of how faste the power bar is filled. So if its a 100% shot, you dont need 8sec to fill the bar, just 4. So it takes 9 instead of 13 secs from the beginning to shoot, untill the next shot is ready!

[ECL]Enraged
Member of Eclipse Gaming

in WvW

Posted by: Sypher.8975

Sypher.8975

To the 2 ECL Ele’s that my guildie and I have just fought outside Greenvale Refuge;

Nice fight, long but nice. Spent most of it thinking “Stand… Still… PLEASE” or “Why am I a warrior >.>”, but it was a good fight other than the sentry involvement for the first few minutes lol.

Must go level my D/D ele ^^. Also… wtb downed state that can stop itself getting stomped :p Seemed neither of us were able to finish off the bunker ele that was left when the teammate died.

Hey, that was me (Human Ele) an my guldie

It was really annoying to fight against your hammer build -.- …Stun, Knockback, Stun aaand repeat

Hope to meet you guys a second time :-)

(edited by Sypher.8975)

in WvW

Neandramathal.9536

I felt useless other than when my burst skill was ready lol, just can’t stay in melee with a D/d ele, so much mobility and leaving damage behind you as you move ;’(

Fun though

Currently @ Piken Square

in WvW

Shini.7542

Gz Imp for stealthing Bluelake a few min ago. One guy recognized it more or less early enough (thanks Neabenn) and posted it in map chat but our newly joined so great commander kept zerging against your keep instead of going to def a fully upgraded tower.. really hate people that just join in a borderland, command people around (while they listen to him) and destroy the work of those who defend and build up everything the whole week.
Stupid comments at chat as a bonus.. hope you guys will get bay, hills and greenbriar as well. We are leaving for today RoS borderlands, that behaviour is just kitten us off. Same happened btw yesterday with bay when a new commander joined and just told the people to let the outer wall fall, let the gate fall and def at lord.. great idea, really great..

So, GL RoS, build some more trebs because there won’t be someone killing them now that – always were our ballists killing them because noone else cared about like ‘oh theres a treb shooting, lets repair the wall until supply is empty’

ciao..

edit: yeah, finally i managed to post this.. was messed up before with some strange copying of my text several times due to unknown reason.

Dzagonur

in WvW

Neandramathal.9536

We tried bay Shini, We’ve been hopping about zones all day but after 9 hours of RoS trebbing bay we decided it was really about time it was taken… got the outer gate down but got rather swarmed out at the inner

We would’ve tried Briar but with a few of you already inside with siege it was a bit of a no-go

Currently @ Piken Square

in WvW

Zplus.4217

I did not take part at this situation, but could he just have used the timelapse of a mesmer? It does not decrease the cooldown, but increase the speed of how faste the power bar is filled. So if its a 100% shot, you dont need 8sec to fill the bar, just 4. So it takes 9 instead of 13 secs from the beginning to shoot, untill the next shot is ready!

nope, not 100% shot, in fact I believe the distance is so close that hardly needs charging at all, but regardless of the power needed a 5 sec cd time would apply, that certainly did not in this case. And no timelapse was seen.

in WvW

Neandramathal.9536

Some cracking fights in GH BL tonight for us, moment of panic when our group was trying to hold vale against GH to get dolyaks into briar, only to have Dzag take down the wall on the other side.

Got a decent video out of vale fights, but had to restart my client after so missed the video of the back and forth between briar/lake.

Look forward to more of the same tomorrow.

Currently @ Piken Square

in WvW

fab.3298

I got video of a Dz elementalist from SK guild jumping through walls today. If the SK GM wants to see the video let me know via PM.

Fab The Guardian
[Re] Rerolled

in WvW

Zplus.4217

I got video of a Dz elementalist from SK guild jumping through walls today. If the SK GM wants to see the video let me know via PM.

I saw the one about the Dz ele that jumped thou rocks and over hills in EB JP, I thought that was very interesting of itself.

in WvW

Posted by: easyy.1475

easyy.1475

Hey Guys!

I am from the Guild “SK” (Schroet Kommando) and I can tell you that this were not our guys!
There are several Guilds with the same “SK-Tag”. Can you please post the full guild-name, to prevent misunderstandings.

We distance us from this guys and their forwards.
To throw a bad picture to our guild, is not in our interest!

I ask you to send me the video to ecludiate the cause.

Greets

Käta
Schroet Kommando-“SK”
Dzagonur

in WvW

fab.3298

Hey easy,

Unfortunately it was Schroet Kommando. I’ll PM you the link to help you identify them, i did report him do hopefully he wont be around too long anyway.

Fab The Guardian
[Re] Rerolled

in WvW

Posted by: Sypher.8975

Sypher.8975

@fab

It’s not a “cheat”, just the teleport from ele. A thief or a mesmer can do this also..

Greets

(edited by Sypher.8975)

in WvW

Zplus.4217

@fab

It’s not a “cheat”, just the teleport from ele. A thief or a mesmer can do this also..

Greets

Just to be sure we are on the same page, have you seen the video yet?

in WvW

Posted by: Xanti.8672

Xanti.8672

yes i showed him and we tested it. It aint a cheat but it sure is an exploit. Any class with a blink can do same. Also told an officer of sk and i guess the person is identifyed already and will be kicked if i am not mistaken. Thanks for uploading, showing us and not making such a big story out of it (like an own thread including stuff like “every dzago is a freakin cheater!!”)

Xanti [ECL]
Co-Leader of Eclipse Gaming
Dzagonur [DE]

in WvW

Zplus.4217

yes i showed him and we tested it. It aint a cheat but it sure is an exploit. Any class with a blink can do same. Also told an officer of sk and i guess the person is identifyed already and will be kicked if i am not mistaken. Thanks for uploading, showing us and not making such a big story out of it (like an own thread including stuff like “every dzago is a freakin cheater!!”)

So an “exploit” isn’t a cheat, got cha, and what is a blink may I ask?

It’s not a big story since its pretty minor compare to what we are seeing each and everyday, and whoever wrote that “every dzago is a freakin cheater!!” is very wrong that I agree. But I must say with all the different servers we came across throughout the tiers, Dz easily has the most exploits/hacks/cheats used in WvW. So good luck to all of you, I’m sure you guys will continue moving up the tiers from here.

in WvW

Posted by: Roo Stercogburn.9671

Roo Stercogburn.9671

We had the Gunnars Globetrotters out again tonight, people from various guilds who sign up to go do stuff together from the community at gunnars-hold.eu – usually some kind of mischief but just running with the larger force when needed.

So for the first hour we had were zerged to hell and back, figured it would be grim wherever. We switched to the Surmia borderland, at that time pretty much all green except for a couple of pieces of property. Warmed up on a couple of suppy camps then went for the north supply camp. Which was full of ze Germans. Well I guess the Germans got hit from behind while we were fighting them because the next thing we know instead of being outnumbered by ze Germans, the camp has flipped and we are outnumbered by Surmia. So we pull back to the archway and see that even more Germans are incoming. We’re sandwiched between Surmia coming from the supply camp, and Germans heading into the archway that leads to the suppy camp.

…Light bolb

We pull back alongside the wall to the cliff face pursued by the Surmia guys and now when the Germans hit the camp, its Surmia getting hit from behind, not us. We have the cliff behind us, a wall to our left and only 2 points an enemy can come from. What followed was fairly epic. Killed lots and lots of enemies but sheer numbers ran us over.

Giggled lots. Went to get some beer then came back for some more fun.

As always, much respect to the Surmia guys.

Master Baker on Gunnars Hold serving you hot cookies.
Looney vids at http://www.youtube.com/feed/UCRhCtfrF9GhxU1CoeZSN0kQ/u
Midnight Mayhem

in WvW

Shini.7542

Had some fun fights with you guys at south area of RoS borderlands with more or less equal numbers until some people came with their golems to take bluelake, then you were outnumbered for sure. Dont know what happened there at the supp camp at north, was recognizing the combat sign for quite long there, already though it would be you guys there.
At least you came with almost only lv 80s and not so many uplvled ones like surmia (sorry for that, but if surmia would have more lv80 exo people we probably would have had a lot of problems more this week).

However the week is almost over and so just a thanks for all the fights this week at RoS borderlands, was a lot of fun Never felt like switching borderlands because there was always something to do and you didn’t give up. Sometimes you were outnumbered, sometimes we, several close fights, some unfair ones due to numbers but almost all the time still able to enjoy.
And.. a lot of trebs to kill-.-

Oh and thanks for the few 1on1 today to one of gunnar’s d/d ele today, DH guild though. Needed more than just a few burst dmg to kill you Was just a bit annoying when 1 other thief came from behind while finishing you, but you got him after though :p he seems to always ran away from you.

Regards, Shinis

PS:
I’m still hating that breakout event..sure its a nice idea for outnumbered servers which lost everything, np with that at all, but its just to much.
- only 5 supps for building siege
- sooo many different siege weapons
- paper towers where you didn’t even got a chance to build sth until the event starts
- bubbles-.- they last for ages sometimes even after the siege is already build a few mins
- bubbles again that e.g. at cliffside prevent you even from entering the tower
- commander npc with a lot of hp and huge dmg + good cc (+ players cc of course)

to many benefits at once..

Dzagonur

in WvW

Neandramathal.9536

It’s a little blobbier than we’d like atm – every time we take a tower it gets swarmed back by overwhelming numbers, although our fault for bringing only 7 I guess ^^ – but there’s been some enjoyable fights past 2 days.

Most entertaining so far
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2_bN4vc6uE

Gotta ask Shini.. is your guild made of only thieves?

Currently @ Piken Square

in WvW

fab.3298

I think the story of this match up is that a handful of players can ruin the fun for everyone else. On the whole Dz are a great server with some great guilds. We’ve fought them for two weeks now and i’ve been impressed by the dedication shown by some on their server, they have guards everywhere, sentries in all the right places, and are great at softening you up in preparation of a large attack.

During the first week we had to deal with PRO guild, they capped the south of our map in a matter of minutes by teleporting from one location to another. Unfortunately, i believe that the events of that day have made it too easy for us to jump to the conclusion that Dz were cheating, when it’s more likely that they outsmarted or outmanned us. We can’t have eyes everywhere and they can.

There are some areas where we disagree, the use of the glitch wall in bay and hills comes to mind. However, every server we have played against use those spots, i’ve even seen ex-GH guilds use them, at this point it’s clear they aren’t going to be fixed and i think we have to accept that they are going to be used and are part of the WvW experience.

If you remove the PRO guild incident what do we have? A couple of guys wall jumping, one using a blink exploit, one accidentally blinking through a tower door, and some pets being sent behind doors to attack siege. After two weeks of 24/7 gameplay it doesn’t seem that significant. Dz won because of skill and numbers, not because a handful of them cheated/glitched/exploited.

At times i’ve come on to this forum immediately after one of these events and posted whilst frustrated. That was a bad idea, and as a result i’ve said some pretty unfair things, for that i apologise.

ECL, SK, and SC are the three large guilds i’ve seen most on the GH borderlands. And from what i’ve seen they are great, much more coordinated and with larger numbers than our usual opponents. Whoever faces them next week will be in for a hard fight. I’d like to wish them and Dz the best of luck in the higher tiers.

Fab The Guardian
[Re] Rerolled

in WvW

Neandramathal.9536

Good fight at garrison, Dzagonur from water gate and Gunnars through west wall

Held off for a decent amount of time considering the breaches haha. Lord down at the outer water gate was a wtf moment, and probably surprised Gunnars when you got inside and found nothing to kill

EDIT: Urgh… what was a very enjoyable evening so far has quickly saddened for me.
The past 2hours has been defending vs the Dzagonur forces with very limited numbers, Which is still enjoyable… siege and timed charges are holding off well. But eventually every tower/keep is lost due to same combination that we simply can’t counter with our smaller forces: Trebuchets + Swirling Winds.

Just incase given the nature of the thread so far, not calling it an exploit in the slightest. It’s just.. incredibly frustrating to be backed into a corner by larger numbers (MUCH larger) and not be able to counter-treb/use our mortars due to 3 ele’s stood around a treb. I know the higher tier solution would be portal bomb it, but 5 v 30 you really can’t

Versus larger numbers we still enjoy ourselves normally, but the feeling of “Not much we can do” just went to “Nothing we can do, unless we find 3 ele’s to swirling winds the walls” Really starting to hate these dependencies on certain classes to be effective at sieges.

Currently @ Piken Square

(edited by Neandramathal.9536)

in WvW

Posted by: Jupitus.4352

Jupitus.4352

That would be frustrating, I agree, but to my knowledge it’s a perfectly legitimate tactic, and yes, lucky if you have the ele’s available to do it. We’ve been on the end of similar attacks where the only thing you can do is suck it up and try to bottleneck the enemies coming into the Lord’s room.

Good luck DZ and ROS!

[MM]Jessopia – Soft and Very Squishy – Part of Gunnars Hold Community
www.gunnars-hold.eu

in WvW

Shini.7542

Gotta ask Shini.. is your guild made of only thieves?

Actually we are just a small group, currently running with 2 thieves, 1 guard and 1-2 eles. Other ppl of our guild randomly appear as well (some more eles and another thief, mesmer as well)

Hate the stupid german censorship @youtube.. brb looking for proxy-.-

Versus larger numbers we still enjoy ourselves normally, but the feeling of “Not much we can do” just went to “Nothing we can do, unless we find 3 ele’s to swirling winds the walls” Really starting to hate these dependencies on certain classes to be effective at sieges.

works with some other classes as well but needs to be better ‘aimed’
smoke screen of thieves (with correct trait 2 thiefs are able to conter 1-2 trebs) – we did that a few days ago at bay until fortify was done. Placement of it is a pain..
Guards absorb bubble works as well, not sure about mesmer.

Dzagonur

(edited by Shini.7542)

in WvW

Posted by: Daenenaxt.2498

Daenenaxt.2498

Hate the stupid german censorship @youtube.. brb looking for proxy-.-

proxy …
versuch es mal hier mit ^^
http://unblocker.yt/

Dänenaxt [ECL]
Administrator of Eclipse Gaming
www.eclipse-gilde.net

in WvW

Neandramathal.9536

Yeah it’s totally legitimate tactic, just frustrating one lol.

Our 7man group pushed into GH BL, got a few keeps and towers, got some upgrades on them and held on… by time we got pushed we were down to 3 and 2 randoms, we had loads of siege prepared. Each attack began with rams at the gate, pushed back.. then to trebs, which we had prepared for! But each time it was useless from the swirling winds Just reached a point of “We physically cannot defend” and grew a little tiresome so needed a mini-rant :p

Not much a warrior can do in these situations to feel useful

Currently @ Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: lOKI.8152

lOKI.8152

@ Neandramathal: No need to be sad. Getting our garri last night while we were busy getting spanked at hills was quite clever. We only noticed you seconds before garri flipped. And you almost got wood as well. Been watching you guys in the last days. My respect for your groupfighting techniques. Lots of fun watching you even if its my own people you bash :-)

Lvl 80s: Thief, Necro, Engi, Ele, Mesmer, Ranger

“War does not determine who is right – only who is left.”

in WvW

Posted by: Amoledkill.7824

Amoledkill.7824

So how did Dzagonur like our ninja attack on Bay this afternoon? Shame RoS couldnt fully take it though. You defended it well!

Cheers from an RoS warrior

in WvW

Neandramathal.9536

Pesky Gunnars… if you couldn’t player DPS down gates we’d still have Briar :P

Currently @ Piken Square

in WvW

Shini.7542

http://www.pic-upload.de/view-17488872/Unbenannt.jpg.html

those bubbles… gate was open at that point already.

Dzagonur

in WvW

Neandramathal.9536

Please stop all attacking Garrison at same time, there’s only 5 of us you bullies

Currently @ Piken Square

in WvW

Neandramathal.9536

Enjoyable matchup Big zergy.. .but enjoyable. GG everyone.

Currently @ Piken Square