EB Battle Report: SBI v HoD v ET

in WvW

Posted by: emoleas.4309

emoleas.4309

The Opening Play

SBI forces kicked off the eternal battleground with a unique plan: we were not going after stonemist. Instead, the plan was to split our force into 2 main units — one unit to attack HoD territory and the other unit to attack ET territory. We decided that HoD was a larger threat so we sent a larger force to HoD territory at about a 70/30 split.

Smaller tasks were also given such as capping supply camps, queueing up upgrades, and one of the most important tasks of building 2 trebuchets right off the bat in Durios Gulch. The idea was that whoever got stonemist first was going to get it trebbed right from the start. In addition, we had players ready to intercept every single yak on its way to stonemist.

The main SBI force quickly capped Klovan with no resistance with a smaller force sieging Jerrifer’s Slough. Meanwhile, on the eastern front our commander ordered a defensive siege line built at the gate between UO and OC. Once the defensive siege line was built, the assault on Ogrewatch began.

Klovan was the first to be captured, followed by Jerrifer’s Slough shortly after. Upgrades were queued and siege equipment was built to prepare for a defense. At about this time, ET capped Stonemist; presumably due to confusion of HoD forces at their 2 side towers being taken. Shortly after ET capped Stonemist, our forces broke into OC and capped it.

Defensive siege was quickly built as supplied allowed and the yak interception force was dispatched. Our defenses held well while our trebuchet at DG pelted stonemist. Within about 30 minutes, the trebuchet at DG took down the outheast wall of stonemist; with ET short on supply they couldn’t do much to counter this. However, our forces were busy in the east at OC/OU and south at Jerrifer’s and Klovan. Here is a screenshot showing Stonemist being trebbed, OC & Pangloss held by SBI, and our forces holding Klovan/Slough and Golanta: http://imgur.com/tSePH,IS4uH,oDgDF

Once ET realized what was going on with their Yaks, they began to guard them with 10-15 men. Our yak interception force (of 1-2) was able to kill 1 in maybe 2 or 3 yaks enroute to stonemist. Here is a screenshot that took place somewhere during this time of our Yak Interception Force: http://i.imgur.com/IS4uH.jpg

Eventually, stonemist walls were upgraded and the fully destroyed outer wall went back up to 100%. At about this time, SBI forces faced the full brunt of HoD forces on Jerrifer’s. It was about this time our commander made the call to build 10 alpha siege golems in Valley. SBI at this point was swimming in supply compared to our opponents who were being supply starved by Yak Interception Forces.

As soon as the siege golems were built, the commander called for any player who was not manning a siege unit in Slough or Klovan back to Valley for the stonemist assault. Eredon Terrace was still guarding each yak with upwards to 20 men, an ET assault force trying to recapture Ogrewatch Cut, and the remaining ET units were pushing Wildcreek in HoD territory: they were completely unprepared.

At this point, it was a matter of getting to stonemist fast. Mesmer portals helped with this, and from outer wall to castle lord; it was a matter of around 2-3 minutes since the doors were not reinforced and there was very little resistance. The castle was ours. The 10 siege golems were ordered to waypoint back to Valley Keep (we were the first server by ~30 minutes with waypoint in Keep, followed by ET) where they were placed around the keep lord for storage.

At this point, our goal was to push out remaining ET forces and quell the uprising. ET had 4 rams on Stonemist within minutes of SBI taking it, however they were too unorganized to retake the castle and gave up after we pushed them from the lord room. At around this time, HoD had taken Slough back and Klovan had nearly fallen. SBI at this point is in good position to hold Stonemist castle due to our large resource advantage.

One last screenshot taken before I went to bed; not much went on during this period for SBI forces… at this point we simply wanted to protect our currently held lands (defensive siege line at UO led by a commander) with light harassment forces (forces led by the commander currently at Golanta): http://i.imgur.com/oDgDF.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the read! I’ll also recap the events of Saturday and Sunday in another post soon!

See Saturday morning immediately below.
See Saturday evening/night: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/EB-Battle-Report-SBI-v-HoD-v-ET/first#post230891
See Saturday Night Addendum: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/EB-Battle-Report-SBI-v-HoD-v-ET/first#post234288
Sunday recap: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/EB-Battle-Report-SBI-v-HoD-v-ET/page/2#post235598
Monday recap: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/EB-Battle-Report-SBI-v-HoD-v-ET/page/2#post243313

(edited by emoleas.4309)

in WvW

emoleas.4309

One more quick addition for right now.

I woke up Saturday morning early and logged in to find something pretty disgusting occurring in Eternal Battlegrounds. There was not a single battle or soul in the east between ET and SBI. When I went to sleep, we still had UO under constant guard with ET forces trying to get through. Instead, it appeared that both SBI and ET were working together to push HoD off the map. On TS and in team chat, I asked why were not pushing into ET territory. Simple answer: we need to focus HoD. The map at this point had SBI with both Klovan and Jerrifer’s and their supply camp, and ET on the other side with Aldon’s and Wildcreek with supply camp. HoD’s main keep was being bombarded by both SBI and ET with seemingly a complete ceasefire elsewhere.

I did not like this. I made it known I did not like this very vocally on TS and in team chat. So I sprung into action.

I built up a trebuchet on Stonemist to start hitting anzalia. In addition, every time I saw a yak heading to anzalias I jumped down and killed it, then immediately ported back to SM to continue trebbing. I repeated this for 4 hours alone. All the while, commanders and player alike kept repeating in TS3 and team chat to stop firing on Anzalias. I ignored them. Eventually, anzalias was clean of supply and the wall was failing. At about this point, ET turned its sights off of HoD and began to start to assault us at Umberglade. The ceasefire was thus broken. Eternal Battleground became infinitely more fun after this with constant action from both sides in a free for all.

in WvW

Posted by: insignia.3625

insignia.3625

edit:

An account from a HoD viewpoint.

I got into EB late as usual due to the massive queues on HoD, a couple of my SYN mates were already in there since EB reset 6hours before. We had about 8 of us when
I got in.

I was flabbergasted when i took a peek at our map. we had nothing but our spawn, and Lowlands was under heavy assault on both ends. When i finally fought through the massive horde of both SBI and ET forces just out of our spawn and into our Lowlands Keep, I was speechless. The glorious keep now bore more than just a slight resemblance to Stonehenge. Just a couple of walls with rubble all over.

After a quick scout around, I identified 4 trebs to the east in Jerri, and 2 more in the west in Aldons, all of which were mercilessly pelting our walls. We had absolutely no supplies, no manpower and no siege equipment. This was new to me. We’ve never been under this much pressure before.

Fxfighter and Ritsuko then mapped out SYN’s plan of action. We had to ninja past the huge ruin zerg camping outside Lowlands keep in the east to get to Rogue’s Quarry, to at least get supplies to begin what was the longest siege defense HoD ever had to face.

We barely made it across the water before ruin trucked over our 8 players like an avalanche. This wasnt working very well, I thought. So i decided to take it upon myself to lead the zerg away while my teammates try their very best to get to a supply camp, just long enough for everyone to grab a 10pack. Against all odds, it worked. We had barely enough for a treb, which was our first order of the day. One treb to rule them all.

To be continued….

[SYN] Synapse
Titan Alliance, Henge of Denravi

(edited by insignia.3625)

in WvW

emoleas.4309

sifnt mention me counter trebbing 7 in Jerrifers and 3 in Aldon’s from the vista point in Lowlands :P

I was not part of either the southern or eastern crew (you can probably guess which crew I’m part of from the screenshots!). So I didn’t know what exactly was going on in those areas other from TS3 reports.

Feel free to add your experience! It makes it more interesting to see multiple views.

in WvW

Posted by: MyDublin.8924

MyDublin.8924

Nice to see an admission of the double teaming against HoD and the friendly pact SBI had between it and ET server.
You’ll probably get woeful abuse because of it now as it implicates many on SBI server for potentially exploitative abuse of the WvW mechanics in order to secure a win. Not many apart from myself and one or two others, have spoken out against this behavior by most on SBI server.
They already made a lot of Korean players quit the game because of the abuse they received for not following orders shouted at them by random people – not once even realizing they couldn’t speak/understand English very well, especially when SPAM SHOUTED at. I comforted a few and we continued our attack on Anzalia but for the most part I felt very sorry for them and what they had to endure.

I’m glad though that another person from SBI has openly admitted to double teaming against HoD. I would just like ArenaNet now to investigate and ban all these people who participated in same exploitative/cheating behavior.

in WvW

Posted by: Sparkles.3260

Sparkles.3260

I actually don’t think it’s exploiting. The whole goal of 3 teams is that 2 can gang up against a stronger overall team. So I’d say it’s working as intended. More battles does make it more exciting though :P

Nice to see somebody that’s not from HoD owning up to what’s been happening though. So cheers to you for being honest.

There are 10k Sparkles and yet we are all unique. :)

in WvW

Posted by: chanw.1934

chanw.1934

Its not an exploit but sad to see it takes 2 server to take down one server while the winning servers still talking kitten about HoD’s ‘night crew’. So its wrong for a server to have oceanic players playing WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: bluescape.9176

bluescape.9176

Nice to see an admission of the double teaming against HoD and the friendly pact SBI had between it and ET server.
You’ll probably get woeful abuse because of it now as it implicates many on SBI server for potentially exploitative abuse of the WvW mechanics in order to secure a win. Not many apart from myself and one or two others, have spoken out against this behavior by most on SBI server.
They already made a lot of Korean players quit the game because of the abuse they received for not following orders shouted at them by random people – not once even realizing they couldn’t speak/understand English very well, especially when SPAM SHOUTED at. I comforted a few and we continued our attack on Anzalia but for the most part I felt very sorry for them and what they had to endure.

I’m glad though that another person from SBI has openly admitted to double teaming against HoD. I would just like ArenaNet now to investigate and ban all these people who participated in same exploitative/cheating behavior.

I don’t think you realize it’s a three way to ENSURE that there’s double teaming. Weaker servers are meant to double team stronger servers till it’s no longer in their interest to do so. This mechanic is in place so that when one server starts controlling everything, the weaker servers still have a fighting chance. The unfortunate thing is people don’t realize this and instead just choose to moan and groan about server imbalances when one server takes over the entirety of all four maps.

Does it suck to get double teamed? Yes, it does, but at a certain point armistice is no longer the best course of action for the two servers and when they start fighting again, the third can retake their holdings.

in WvW

chanw.1934

I don’t think you realize it’s a three way to ENSURE that there’s double teaming. Weaker servers are meant to double team stronger servers till it’s no longer in their interest to do so. This mechanic is in place so that when one server starts controlling everything, the weaker servers still have a fighting chance. The unfortunate thing is people don’t realize this and instead just choose to moan and groan about server imbalances when one server takes over the entirety of all four maps.

Does it suck to get double teamed? Yes, it does, but at a certain point armistice is no longer the best course of action for the two servers and when they start fighting again, the third can retake their holdings.

When 1 server control at least 70 percent of the map on all front, then double teaming is a good move. But when the double teamed server hold less than 30 percent of the map on all front, oh well, tough luck. What if this bracket is the highest bracket and the ‘top 2’ always double teamed on the new comer?

I don’t see any wrong in double teaming the winning team, i just think its pathetic to double team the losing team. thats all.

in WvW

emoleas.4309

woah now. lets not turn this into a thread about double teaming. That occurred for LESS THAN 7 HOURS.

There is no longer ANY kind of ceasefire or double teaming. I’ll have to write up the next part quicker than I wanted to. Expect it within the next hour in that case. Please, leave discussion of double teaming OUT OF THIS THREAD. In fact, if anything, the 3rd screenshot shows us double teaming ET in the first couple hours.

Thank you.

in WvW

Posted by: bluescape.9176

bluescape.9176

You were the one that brought IN the discussion of double teaming

in WvW

Posted by: Cement.6472

Cement.6472

Anyone from ET/Ruin may aswell not read this as the only planing that goes into there startegy is … “just look at your map guys and follow my commander tag”

LOL multiple teams doing Multiple tasks … Archaos brain must be just fried reading this post….. my question is though “what is blue doing”

in WvW

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

woah now. lets not turn this into a thread about double teaming. That occurred for LESS THAN 7 HOURS.

There is no longer ANY kind of ceasefire or double teaming. I’ll have to write up the next part quicker than I wanted to. Expect it within the next hour in that case. Please, leave discussion of double teaming OUT OF THIS THREAD. In fact, if anything, the 3rd screenshot shows us double teaming ET in the first couple hours.

Thank you.

in a highly competitive match up that 7 hours was all that was needed to crush the winning servers chances unless the servers that double teamed just roll over for the next 5 days and do nothing…. which is perfectly fine… im just sayin.

in WvW

chanw.1934

Thank you.

Maybe the ceasefire is broken on EB but someone is still honoring it on SBI BL. When you have 3 trebs attacking greenlake from ET and trebs attacking AH from SBI and no skirmish between ET and SBI on garrison or woodhaven. That smells fishy. Or when you have a team of ET zerg just happened to be right next to Dawn and attack HoD zerg while not even trying to take the half sieged Dawn.

in WvW

Posted by: Samfisher.7942

Samfisher.7942

I’m fine with double teaming. Heck, that’s why it’s a 3-way war!

Ezendor [SYN] – Synapse, Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Zanther Deathbringer.4762

Zanther Deathbringer.4762

I would delete your post, as you are about to be laughed at by every single person on this forum.

in WvW

emoleas.4309

Saturday

After I [singlehandedly] crushed the ceasefire (as explained in a previous post), ET forces began pulled out of Aldon’s but held onto Wildcreek a bit longer. They were forced to run supplies from their main keep to Anzalias to prevent the wall from failing. In addition, forces of about 20-30 ET continuously raided umberglade.

SBI forces had to respond by dispatching a defense unit, which weakened our presence in HoD territory. With the ET and SBI weakened forces in HoD territory, HoD was able to slowly push back and out reclaim their towers. It was probably another 4-5 hours before they fully regained control of all of their towers. During which time, skirmishes were occurring between ET and SBI for supply camps.

As soon as HoD recovered from nearly being wiped off the map, they assaulted Klovan with a very large force. I was the first response when I saw QL had swords on it while [still] trebbing Anzalias. I quickly ported back to valley, saw massive amount of HoD forces and our door at 60% with about 3 flame rams up. And the gate was falling fast. I jumped down a channel in TS3 and shouted to the commander to get over here quick. They were currently up in Ogrewatch sieging if I recall correctly; they immediately backed out and got to QL. It was one of the fastest response times I’ve ever seen from our server.

The QL assault force was repelled with the gate reaching approximately 10% at one point. The battlecry “steelbluff isles!” was chanted. However, we weren’t done yet; the ET force that was holding us back at Ogrewatch was now at Bravost: a force of about 40-50. We got to bravost with the gate at about 80% and quickly pushed ET back, the lowest the gate reached was at about 50%. I will say this: ET sieges are SIGNIFICANTLY less of a threat than a HoD siege.

After this, there were a couple more QL sieges by HoD, but they never took it. We continued to treb anzalias, klovan, and wildcreek. Some time later, while I was eating, I heard on comms: “Six siege golems inbound southwest Stonemist gate” Time to repel this: we quickly got defensive forces ready. I won’t put too much detail into what our steps were to get the siege golems down (though you can probably guess). The outer gate fell extremely fast (2-3 minutes) with the siege golems still at about 75% health.

At about this time, ET realized what was going on and started their siege on north of stonemist; however, we were not concerned with this at the time, instead we commanded 5-10 people over to keep eyes and defend as necessary. Once the siege golems reached the inner gate, commands were given to seal the outer gate (since they used siege golems, they couldn’t knock it down fast). The inner gate got as low as 20% before we finally took them out and forced HoD forces out of stonemist.

At the point the siege golems were down, I left the clean up to the rest of my server and rushed up to north SM to see the status: gate at 80% they had 1 siege golem and 1-2 flame rams. No sweat. We quickly took care of the golem and rams and push off the ET invasion without the gate reaching any lower than 50%. Stonemist secure.

for the remainder of the night, HoD forces raided our yaks and supplies while we took a constant trebbing from 1-3 overlook trebs, 1-2 anzalias trebs, and 1-2 klovan trebs. This was bleeding Stonemist supply fast. We responded quickly by dispatching yak guards and patrols about our area. Stonemist went as low as 1200 supply before I went to sleep, but we held steady. Our commander frequently went on excursions to destroy trebs, while we safeguarded yaks. At this point, I went to sleep. I heard we went as low as 400 supply in stonemist before they eventually gave up. Thus is the end of Saturday (as I know it).

in WvW

Posted by: Lepha.3521

Lepha.3521

There is no alliance between SBI and ET. Never happened, never will.

So long as I’m fighting RUIN? I’ll focus that server first, so will my guild.

The very concept of some sort of inter-server communication is absurd and hilarious.

in WvW

Posted by: Richard.8207

Richard.8207

If double teaming is what gave us a competitive match this week, I’m all for it. If double teaming never happened, all the better. Either way, this week has been an absolute blast. Thanks for the great PvP action however you provided it.

in WvW

emoleas.4309

Anyone from ET/Ruin may aswell not read this as the only planing that goes into there startegy is … “just look at your map guys and follow my commander tag”

LOL multiple teams doing Multiple tasks … Archaos brain must be just fried reading this post….. my question is though “what is blue doing”

I write this to show [some] of the strategy SBI currently uses in Eternal Battleground hoping to encourage other servers to rethink their approach. I feel SBI is ahead in strategy and the meta-game at the moment.

I want EB battles to evolve and change more. We’ve already seen a change of HoD tactics and ET tactics in the last 48 hours. ET moreso since they’re fresh from a week long match where they didn’t have to think to win; I still feel they have a long way to go. I hope to see more.

in WvW

Posted by: CardboardBox.6087

CardboardBox.6087

Its been a tough tough battle all week but thats whats expected of top tier wvw servers anyway. I know I personally spent half my day inside the dredge camp in a stalemate trench warfare type situation. Its been fun but as everyone knows, the action is in the borderlands.

As for accusations of double teaming in EB? Highly doubt it. Sure it may look that way with all the focus being on henge but there is also a saying that “the enemy of the enemy if my friend”. Maybe an unspoken truce? But either way it was tactically advantageous. Sure its more fun if there was a three sided war but this is after all a points game. So like any other server, we avoided a confrontation in order to maximize our point tallies. And I’m sure that was highly beneficial for SBI too. So yeah there was no truce, it was more like a strategic manouveur in my opinion. Stamping out one threat was always the easier option compared to fighting on two fronts (just ask Hitler).

Plus I definitely see no such truce in the borderlands at all.

So to the original poster that simply “wanted” to have more fun, sure its your prerogative to do as you wish since you bought the game. Just know that your commanders were only being strategic especially when the stats have shown and posted by Anet reveal that SBI and ET need a huge point lead because we don’t have the sorta oceanic queueing presence that HoD does. At the end of the week, its not going to matter who had the most fun or not, its going to be the final score that counts which will determine the winner of that matchup.

in WvW

CardboardBox.6087

I write this to show [some] of the strategy SBI currently uses in Eternal Battleground hoping to encourage other servers to rethink their approach. I feel SBI is ahead in strategy and the meta-game at the moment.

I want EB battles to evolve and change more. We’ve already seen a change of HoD tactics and ET tactics in the last 48 hours. ET moreso since they’re fresh from a week long match where they didn’t have to think to win; I still feel they have a long way to go. I hope to see more.

Archaos isn’t our only commander. But while I agree he leads the zerg, his zerg is mainly composed of the pugs on our map. Alot of his guild members are given tasks elsewhere. Whether it be scouting (we had a guy sit at ogrewatch for 8 hours as a scout), hitting multiple points simultaneously, guerilla raiding advantageous positions for the enemies, etc etc.

But yeah I can definitely see a change in tactics. Specially when EB is a huge stalemate for the most part.

in WvW

Posted by: MikeB.3857

MikeB.3857

The very concept of some sort of inter-server communication is absurd and hilarious.

Sure thing.

ET is very stupid or very smart. In SBI BL they are attacking greenlake instead of pushing SBI and removing points from them.

It is very clear what is happening, its just that its happening to the wrong server. Sure HoD will lose this week because of this, but ET will not win…. so what was the point? For HoD to lose?

I’ve never been so bad at a game or part of a side or server that was more happy making sure another server/side lost instead of my server/side winning. Seems pathetic.

Which I suppose is fine… we are talking about Ruin here. lol

Revered – [REVD]
Maizen Blue – Thief

in WvW

chanw.1934

Sure thing.

ET is very stupid or very smart. In SBI BL they are attacking greenlake instead of pushing SBI and removing points from them.

It is very clear what is happening, its just that its happening to the wrong server. Sure HoD will lose this week because of this, but ET will not win…. so what was the point? For HoD to lose?

I’ve never been so bad at a game or part of a side or server that was more happy making sure another server/side lost instead of my server/side winning. Seems pathetic.

Not to mentioned they wasted 4 trebs on the second assault after we took GL back. Thats 7 trebs they use solely on greenlake within 24 hrs. They must like Greenlake very much. Its a good strategy to get greenlake then AH while holding bay and hitting it on garrison if the other invading party is a pushover. But when the other invading server keep killing your zerg and you have to waste 7 trebs on a single fort and have it taken back. You would have to think shouldn’t we attack the other side?

in WvW

MikeB.3857

Sure thing.

Not to mentioned they wasted 4 trebs on the second assault after we took GL back. Thats 7 trebs they use solely on greenlake within 24 hrs. They must like Greenlake very much. Its a good strategy to get greenlake then AH while holding bay and hitting it on garrison if the other invading party is a pushover. But when the other invading server keep killing your zerg and you have to waste 7 trebs on a single fort and have it taken back. You would have to think shouldn’t we attack the other side?

They have 5 up on GL right now… while they could be taking the north. It’s comical.

They are attacking the wrong server if they wanna win…. or the right server if they wanna lose. There is no prize for second place. lol

Revered – [REVD]
Maizen Blue – Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

Sure thing.

In SBI BL ET took WoodHaven, and HoD tried for DE however DE’s attackers were pushed off, while HoD got enough to ninja in the southern side of the Garrison. SBI was pushed into having ONLY DE tower. We regrouped and pushed both HoD and ET back out of our lands. (And thats within the past hour.)

So yeah, all 3 servers are attacking one another.

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

in WvW

MikeB.3857

Sure thing.

In SBI BL ET took WoodHaven, and HoD tried for DE however DE’s attackers were pushed off, while HoD got enough to ninja in the southern side of the Garrison. SBI was pushed into having ONLY DE tower. We regrouped and pushed both HoD and ET back out of our lands. (And thats within the past hour.)

So yeah, all 3 servers are attacking one another.

lol lets talk in truths.

HoD pushed garrison allowing ET to take woodhaven.

ET then left it alone and went to push GL while you pushed Garrison.
ET kept pushing garrison leaving the entire north empty while you are pushing AH right now.
You both have pushed us off the map… SBI with the clear advantage.

It is quite clear the intentions of ET. They should be hitting Garrison or WH… but what are they doing? They are camping the spawn of HoD.

Please stop saying we are all fighting one another. It is far from the truth and perfectly fine.

I feel real sorry for the 5th and 6th slot servers next week. They will play for ETs play. :P

Revered – [REVD]
Maizen Blue – Thief

in WvW

chanw.1934

I don’t think skirmish between SBI and ET is a lie, there will always be ppl that have sportsmanship and ignore the truce.

However, the overall result is all the major battle is happening on HoD territory and i don’t see why 1 would use 5 trebs to take down GL when they could have taken garrison easily using the resources on building 5 trebs. And they definitely upgraded the bay to have waypoint (as of last night oceanic time) so its easier for them to take garrison too.

in WvW

Posted by: Paranoid.9542

Paranoid.9542

However, the overall result is all the major battle is happening on HoD territory and i don’t see why 1 would use 5 trebs to take down GL when they could have taken garrison easily using the resources on building 5 trebs

Our guild sunk a total of 7 golems into garrison, 2 the first time, 5 the next. We simply didnt have enough numbers to support them and stop the SBI swarm when we got close to the keep lord.

Saying we didn’t try for garrison is easy to come to from another server.

We participated in the 3 way epic fight on the eastern keep. Then while you were both distracted we hit garrison with 5 golems. 10% on the keep lord door and we got wiped, which I’m fairly certained eased the pressure off of your keep.

Don’t assume we have some sort of truce. It’s not there.

in WvW

Posted by: Ljiona.9142

Ljiona.9142

People assume because their server is losing, it must be because the other two are teaming them. It is a three way war and no one is teaming. What is happening to you is happening to ET and Storm. Storm just did a better job holding on to more over the weekend. Pretty sure the intensity of the battling will decline. It is going to revert to whoever has the biggest night time zerg will win.

in WvW

MikeB.3857

People assume because their server is losing, it must be because the other two are teaming them. It is a three way war and no one is teaming. What is happening to you is happening to ET and Storm. Storm just did a better job holding on to more over the weekend. Pretty sure the intensity of the battling will decline. It is going to revert to whoever has the biggest night time zerg will win.

Sorry but I have never been a part of a fight where the second server helped defend the first place servers BL instead of trying to gain points and winning.

Matter of fact, I’ve never seen another server help the winning server do anything.

Revered – [REVD]
Maizen Blue – Thief

in WvW

chanw.1934

And i think you know why you don’t have the number to take garison even with 5 golems. Because at least half of your active players are spawn camping hoD and attacking Greenlake.

As i have said, i don’t think the whole ET server is having a truce with SBI but certain guild that care to use 5 trebs on GL and spawn camping HoD even though they got pushed back everytime and not helping your server to claim lands is too fishy. they could have harrassing SBI territory to pull stress off your garison troops but what did they do? They attack Greenlake.

(edited by chanw.1934)

in WvW

Posted by: Paranoid.9542

Paranoid.9542

And i think you know why you don’t have the number to take garison even with 5 golems.

Yep, because it was almost entirely a guild push which had about 25 in total (maybe not even that many), 5 of which were in golems. The plan was to try and get in quick and hopefully cap before it was noticed and SBI forces pulled off of HoDs eastern keep.

Unfortunatly for us, it didn’t work out that way. 2 more minutes and we would’ve had it.

(edited by Paranoid.9542)

in WvW

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

What is the current score of this match?

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

in WvW

CardboardBox.6087

86k , 66k, 56k
SBI, ET, HoD

in WvW

CardboardBox.6087

And i think you know why you don’t have the number to take garison even with 5 golems. Because at least half of your active players are spawn camping hoD and attacking Greenlake.

As i have said, i don’t think the whole ET server is having a truce with SBI but certain guild that care to use 5 trebs on GL and spawn camping HoD even though they got pushed back everytime and not helping your server to claim lands is too fishy. they could have harrassing SBI territory to pull stress off your garison troops but what did they do? They attack Greenlake.

Fact #1 Henge has the biggest alliance of guilds and the most amount of oceanic nightcappers. You ask for a fair fight forgetting that the servers you fight dont have the same amount of coordination and numbers. Throughout all of the last few nights, we on ET have had nearly instant queues onto most of the battlegrounds including EB. That shows how undermanned we are and you complain about how we don’t push out of what we have. Give us the numbers, give us the organized guilds before you start asking for us to fight a war on two sides that at the moment isn’t tactically advantageous for us.

Fact#2 Asking us to push the garrison is ridiculous. We’ve taken Woodhaven many times, tried to treb the Garrison from it. However because SBI’s spawn point is right next to it, they take it back fairly easily. So why cant we make a full all-out assault on the garrison? Because you guys from Henge go around taking our supply camps. A good 10-20 of our forces stay back simply because they have to keep recapping our supply camps/protecting dolyaks. Is Henge going to stop their guerilla tactics? No. And because they keep doing it just as the point tally ticks over, it makes it even more important in terms of winning the game that we try take those camps back. So don’t expect us to push when you’re hitting us right behind. Find yourselves other fools to go zerging mindlessly.

Funny how Henge didn’t have as many complaints when they were winning comfortably.

in WvW

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

I dont think there was intentional double teaming after the first incident…. I think both SBI and ET came into the match with their eyes on HOD and basically tunnel visioned fighting hod instead of each other….. HOD is a good WvWvW server no doubt with skilled players but, taking heat from two servers that are solely focused on destroying their winning streak is what we are seeing.

ET is probably like dont worry about SBI, dont let HOD do anything and SBI is probably the same mind set… while there may be no verbal he dont kill us type thing going on both servers are focused on beating hod rather then each other. And all 3 servers are impressive in pvp so of course hod is going to lose this war. Will it continue each new match up? who knows.

in WvW

chanw.1934

Fact #1 Henge has the biggest alliance of guilds and the most amount of oceanic nightcappers. You ask for a fair fight forgetting that the servers you fight dont have the same amount of coordination and numbers. Throughout all of the last few nights, we on ET have had nearly instant queues onto most of the battlegrounds including EB. That shows how undermanned we are and you complain about how we don’t push out of what we have. Give us the numbers, give us the organized guilds before you start asking for us to fight a war on two sides that at the moment isn’t tactically advantageous for us.

Fact#2 Asking us to push the garrison is ridiculous. We’ve taken Woodhaven many times, tried to treb the Garrison from it. However because SBI’s spawn point is right next to it, they take it back fairly easily. So why cant we make a full all-out assault on the garrison? Because you guys from Henge go around taking our supply camps. A good 10-20 of our forces stay back simply because they have to keep recapping our supply camps/protecting dolyaks. Is Henge going to stop their guerilla tactics? No. And because they keep doing it just as the point tally ticks over, it makes it even more important in terms of winning the game that we try take those camps back. So don’t expect us to push when you’re hitting us right behind. Find yourselves other fools to go zerging mindlessly.

Funny how Henge didn’t have as many complaints when they were winning comfortably.

Fact #1 the southern team of ET is not recapping the point but rather, assaulting GL and spawn camping HoD which leads to strike team of HoD guerrilla tactics (our guild and several other guilds) capping champ and redvale and greenwater constantly to get ppl off from seigeing GL.

And we also didn’t just capped them, we defend it for a while so that your other team have to leave their spot and zerg it back instead of spawn camping the scrubs in HoD after telling them not to go out from north gate with no result. You have a full team on the southern part of the map just spawn camping and trebing down GL and you are telling us that you don’t have the manpower to take garrison while having a waypoint at the bay?

Maybe you should talk to this other teams of yours and ask them why are they building 5 treb to get GL instead of helping you guys.

(edited by chanw.1934)

in WvW

Posted by: kwewu.3896

kwewu.3896

It is now clear a bulk of the ET population knows they don’t have what it takes to be #1. I guess knowing they have the power to decide who gets to win a match is the next best thing for them.

SBI are playing this very well though and shouldn’t be faulted. We wouldn’t be doing anything different than what SBI is doing if roles were different and SBI’s goal was to ensure ET finished last.

Its a very interesting dynamic in WvW when only 2 of the 3 servers are playing to win.

(edited by kwewu.3896)

in WvW

MikeB.3857

It sad to see AA and great guilds like Team Legacy be dragged down and held back by the utter stupidity of Ruin.

They should be better than what they are, but ruin clogs their ques and doesnt know how to win. Its a shame.

Revered – [REVD]
Maizen Blue – Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Jedbacca.6297

Jedbacca.6297

I’d like to point out that a lot of what we have been doing on the SB BL, we kinda picked up from HoD then added our own flavor to the mix. That last week of gameplay was intense and assisted in growing a lot of our team leads. I believe a lot more thought process is going in to certain moves these days than saying, “Hey guys, I think we got this! Let’s do this plan C over here!” Then everyone follows. Instead, “Hey, should we do this?” Response, “you’re going to get half our server killed on the map, please don’t.” Response, “ahh, I see your logic, good call.”

Oh, and to the note of an alliance with ET. I don’t believe any of the team leads on the SB BL are aware of this at least..that’d be news to me…

Minister Jed/Jedsus Saves GM of Strike Force[SF]
www.strikeforceguild.com – JQ SINCE 1836!
Guild of United Soviet Quarry www.jadequarry.com

in WvW

Posted by: kwewu.3896

kwewu.3896

SBI doesn’t need to work with ET at all for ET to be able to accomplish their goal of ensuring HoD finishes 3rd. SBI simply needs to play to win.

(edited by kwewu.3896)

in WvW

Posted by: Lumiere.4609

Lumiere.4609

2 things to note from the ET battlegrounds this weekend.

1) ET took our Orb with about a dozen mesmer teleported golems, so SBI isn’t the only ones using it.
2) I watched HoD defend a wall from SBI after following us into a keep where we were trying to recap from ET (good move btw, even though it didn’t in the end work).

And from a 2v1 standpoint. I spent most of the last 4 hours as one of the people commanding in map chat… I will try and take advantage of any move anyone makes. If that means pushing HoD or ET’s keep while they attack each other, I’ll do it.

Yagami Yukari- 80 Sylvari Guardian | Yagami Vita – 80 Human Ele
Strike Force – Jade Quarry

in WvW

emoleas.4309

Saturday Night Addendum

I’m not quite sure when this took place in the chain of events, but it was definitely after the six siege golem strike and during the time in which we were being starved of supply in Stonemist.

Our 2-3x constant trebbing of the three towers mentioned earlier was continuous. HoD does a fantastic job of maintaining their supply lines and walls. However, Anzalias was failing on the ET side. The wall began to go down, while about 30~ ET players sat outside literally doing nothing. Our scouts would check on the walls and supply lines to see 10-15 ET guarding each Yak with an additional 20-30 ET sitting in front of or inside Anzalias. Our ground forces (or the majority of them at least; can’t control all the pugs!) were busy elsewhere fighting HoD (protecting our supply lines from being disrupted; general defense mainly).

For 30 minutes or so, Anzalias walls fell and came back up. SBI forces had zero intention of entering anzalias with that massive RUIN force sitting outside its walls. Instead, during this time HoD forces flipped Speldan Supply camp several times; seemingly keeping an eye on Anzalias wall. Eventually, they sent a siege team and went into the broken wall caused by SBI trebuchets. HoD capped Anzalias quite quickly.

SBI forces were relieved to know that this fully upgraded tower has now been reset.

in WvW

Posted by: Sky.9347

Sky.9347

emoleas,

I just wanted to say that this weekend of W3 has been the most fun I’ve had playing video games in at least a decade. Although I disagreed with you shelling AP all morning/afternoon Saturday, you did it with class and your thinking definitely had merit.

Great write-up. Stay classy, SBI.

Sky – [tSA] – Stormbluff Isle
November 15, 2012 – The day a dream died.

in WvW

Posted by: HulkaGem.2568

HulkaGem.2568

can someone explain to me how this guy climb over the wall.. i dont remember a skill allowing a Engineer to climb over the wall into the lowland keep.

Attachments:

Mjdeathless – Necromancer
Kopiousiudai – Thief
Canadian Pizza – Warrior

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Posted by: Smallpoxx.6935

Smallpoxx.6935

nice exploit by RUIN from ET.. Climbing inside lowland keep through the wall..

Try looking in the bottom left and seeing the under water gate is broken and they went in that way.

Edit your post b4 everyone sees.

Then leave EB so i can get in.

in WvW

Posted by: insignia.3625

insignia.3625

@emoleas

no trying to claim all credit here, but the 3hrs leading up to the SM takeover until now was masterminded by SYN’s leader, Ritsuko.

SYN members worked nonstop cutting supplies, containing the ruin zerg in dredge, etc.

I was killing ET yaks alone at speldon’s until they had to fall back and assign 10-ish men to guarding them, which pulled some forces away from dredge. Once I confirmed that the zerg was reduced to a mere 20-ish ruin members we sent 10 SYN members in to wipe them out and claim dredge. They started playing defensive and there wasnt much activity from them the next hour so we used that window to takeover SM with 6 golems (before i DCed, sadly.)

[SYN] Synapse
Titan Alliance, Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Posted by: HulkaGem.2568

HulkaGem.2568

nice exploit by RUIN from ET.. Climbing inside lowland keep through the wall..

Try looking in the bottom left and seeing the under water gate is broken and they went in that way.

Edit your post b4 everyone sees.

Then leave EB so i can get in.

dude.. the gate is all up.. he ran up infront of me 2 times..

Mjdeathless – Necromancer
Kopiousiudai – Thief
Canadian Pizza – Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Fury.6248

Fury.6248

When 1 server control at least 70 percent of the map on all front, then double teaming is a good move. But when the double teamed server hold less than 30 percent of the map on all front, oh well, tough luck. What if this bracket is the highest bracket and the ‘top 2’ always double teamed on the new comer?

I don’t see any wrong in double teaming the winning team, i just think its pathetic to double team the losing team. thats all.

QQ Moar, I think I remember people saying making sure the weak stay weak is a strategy. HoD is just crying cause all the smack talk got them stomped. HoD is just a another server just like everyone else. Population carried you.

Dragonbrand Server
Devious(DVS)