EB Battle Report: SBI v HoD v ET

in WvW

Posted by: Smallpoxx.6935

Smallpoxx.6935

nice exploit by RUIN from ET.. Climbing inside lowland keep through the wall..

Try looking in the bottom left and seeing the under water gate is broken and they went in that way.

Edit your post b4 everyone sees.

Then leave EB so i can get in.

dude.. the gate is all up.. he ran up infront of me 2 times..

I can see its not up in the SS there are gates underwater and it is down.

in WvW

Posted by: emoleas.4309

emoleas.4309

@emoleas

no trying to claim all credit here, but the 3hrs leading up to the SM takeover until now was masterminded by SYN’s leader, Ritsuko.

SYN members worked nonstop cutting supplies, containing the ruin zerg in dredge, etc.

I was killing ET yaks alone at speldon’s until they had to fall back and assign 10-ish men to guarding them, which pulled some forces away from dredge. Once I confirmed that the zerg was reduced to a mere 20-ish ruin members we sent 10 SYN members in to wipe them out and claim dredge. They started playing defensive and there wasnt much activity from them the next hour so we used that window to takeover SM with 6 golems (before i DCed, sadly.)

Well played. I just logged in right now to see SM is under your control. On another note: SBI queue time for EB is non-existent.

Just wait till we get more people on. We’ll have it back ^.~ That’s a promise!!

in WvW

Posted by: Rodarin.6058

Rodarin.6058

Meh, the fun is over now, its the work week and there was no queue for EB and there are maybe 40 people in here this morning.

WE (SBI) have around a 30K lead on HoD and a 20K lead on ET, built up over about 62 hours or so. Now we will see just how meaningless this scoring system is as we will more than likely get beaten, and maybe even drop all the way to third despite dominating when the numbers were even.

Bottomline is ‘skill’ will be shown in a shjort period, basically the first day or so of resets as they happen on the weekeneds and people can play. But as time goes by it just shows that population and having the ability to throw people in there 24/7 is all that really matters in terms of overall score keeping.

in WvW

Posted by: Binafus.8153

Binafus.8153

Bottomline is ‘skill’ will be shown in a shjort period

LOL your skill has already been shown, if you can not win by yourself get someone to help you.

Been the best fight so far, HOD been fighting two sides for the weekend.

in WvW

Posted by: Sky.9347

Sky.9347

LOL your skill has already been shown, if you can not win by yourself get someone to help you.

We’ve all been fighting two sides… it’s 1v1v1.

Sky – [tSA] – Stormbluff Isle
November 15, 2012 – The day a dream died.

in WvW

Binafus.8153

Sure you have, wink wink

in WvW

Posted by: Rodarin.6058

Rodarin.6058

LMAO oh really? I guess SBI hasnt been fighting 2 sides either? And a bunch of exploits to boot.

SBI doesnt have a Queue right now and neither does ET for any map. THAT is when HoD ‘skill’ really shines through, when they double up the other two teams combined for most of the work week days.

Doesnt matter, WvW is totally meaningless anyway, probably why Anet is in no hurry to ‘fix’ it. It is what it is supposed to be, a time sink for people willing to keep playing the game after all other ‘content’ has been exhausted.

I would say that out of the 50 or so world wide servers maybe 8 are active beyond anything that could be described as pedestrian. That isnt a very good number and shows just how much of a failure it is right now.

The only thing that is ‘fun’ is the action, and if you took everyone in there and placed them in any random MMO out there you would get the same type of action you get now. Except you wouldnt have crashes, or invisible enemies, or exploits, or queues. PEOPLE make the PvP. Thats why the PvP sucks in this game in most cases because the people arent there. Other than maybe the first couple days of a reset.

in WvW

Sky.9347

LMAO oh really? I guess SBI hasnt been fighting 2 sides either? And a bunch of exploits to boot.

SBI doesnt have a Queue right now and neither does ET for any map. THAT is when HoD ‘skill’ really shines through, when they double up the other two teams combined for most of the work week days.

Doesnt matter, WvW is totally meaningless anyway, probably why Anet is in no hurry to ‘fix’ it. It is what it is supposed to be, a time sink for people willing to keep playing the game after all other ‘content’ has been exhausted.

I would say that out of the 50 or so world wide servers maybe 8 are active beyond anything that could be described as pedestrian. That isnt a very good number and shows just how much of a failure it is right now.

The only thing that is ‘fun’ is the action, and if you took everyone in there and placed them in any random MMO out there you would get the same type of action you get now. Except you wouldnt have crashes, or invisible enemies, or exploits, or queues. PEOPLE make the PvP. Thats why the PvP sucks in this game in most cases because the people arent there. Other than maybe the first couple days of a reset.

I don’t think the PvP sucks. I don’t think WvWvW sucks, or is irrelevant. I don’t have this kind of fun in other MMOs. I see ANet working on W3, I just don’t see them making quick knee-jerk reactions (thank God).

I honestly think that as the WoW expansion comes out and those people leave, and as longer matches and less frequent server changes both become reality, and as guilds move about to find their place in the world… W3 will eventually calm down to a happy stable medium.

The only things I really want to see ANet do right now are the following:

1) Fix the queue. It’s obvious that we need more information as players, and the queue programming itself has some bugs.

2) Fix the bugs/cheats/rendering issues inside of W3.

3) Allow guilds to take their Influence (or at least some part thereof) with them when they transfer – even if only temporarily. I think this would go a long way to helping even out the server W3 participation rates.

in WvW

Sky.9347

Sure you have, wink wink

Sure, we have. We have not put as much focus on ET, because they are not as dangerous as HoD. But it hasn’t been all unicorns and lollipops over there. Whether you choose to see it or not, ET and SBI have been fighting regularly since reset.

in WvW

Posted by: Ascension.8465

Ascension.8465

It seems like it became the new trend to blame Ruin for everything. Its a large guild that uses Zerg and scout and siege tactics…like every other guild.

Refering to the post about how ET and SBI were working together at HOD Keep in EB. I was there we attacked your keep were threw the door when SBI came and wiped us to cap your keep.

We then waited to see them get weak before we came in. We couldn’t move else where we had taken the towers there and wanted to hold them for a point gain. If we push else where we lose those. We didnt have the numbers for another push on other fronts.

There are no truces just moments of advantage by using what your opponent are doing. If they draw one force out so you can cap that sames forces other tower, why dont you and get a free tower and a staging point.

I know no ones going to read this and just Ruin flame. Yay

in WvW

Binafus.8153

EB first night one keep in the lowlands being attacked for 12 straight hours, ET and SBI taking turns running through the same hole.

No swords on the map anywhere else, not one supply camp or tower taken that ET and SBI own.

That is what you guys call Focus while patting yourself on the back saying how good you are.

Your not fooling anyone but yourself.

in WvW

Posted by: aceventura.8275

aceventura.8275

To SBI there isnt a truce. But i know from personal experience fighting in storm’s borderland, that ET are purposely trying to camp HoD at their spawn. I been told all the time in ET’s chat “dont attack SBI.” Judging from SBI’s tactics, its clear they aren’t getting the same posts in their chat, however im sure they are also not aware the ET’s entire focus is HoD.

Steelbluff Isle, you will always have my respect, i can understand the frustration you feel against others claiming SBI has a truce with ET. But, there is no hiding it, ET is fighting for second in the rankings, not a smart move in my opinion. They will just be hated by HoD, and HoD will be out for blood not ranks anymore.

I really shouldnt be pointing the finger all of ET server, because i know a few guilds i have fought with in storm’s territory. It is more specifically ruin ordered to kill only HoD. However, they are the zerg guild of ET, so naturally others will join them, whether they are part of ruin or not, so it make it seem all of ET is fighting against HoD.

I wouldnt be to worried about it, because like i said before, SBI isnt aware of any truce. So"If it’s red it’s dead" to SBI, and ET will have no other choice but to fight SBI.

(edited by aceventura.8275)

in WvW

emoleas.4309

Sunday

I woke up to pretty much the same that was going on when I went to sleep: SBI was protecting our territory + Stonemist + harassment forces (focused mainly on HoD). I noticed 3 trebuchets pointed at Klovan, 2 trebuchets pointed at wildcreek, and 0 on anzalias. I immediately called for help in /team to get up 2 more trebuchets to hit anzalias. No resistance.

Klovan seemed to change hands often between SBI and HoD; SBI breaks the walls using stonemist trebs while HoD breaks the walls using lowlands trebs. I personally focused on the northern side: trebbing and supply disruption. Sunday as I recall it was quite uneventful for the morning and afternoon hours.

At one point, HoD sent a massive force to ET territory and took Anzalias and Mendons; while SBI took Ogrewatch and pangloss; stopping at aldons as to not overextend too much. I’m not quite sure how long this lasted, nor am I sure if this occurred Saturday night or Sunday afternoon. It was short lived though, once SBI and HoD turned back on eachother, ET gained all its land back.

I took a break around the evening time for about two hours. Everything at the time was pretty calm, back and forth battles for supply camps peppered with constant trebbing; but mostly a stalemate.

However, when I hopped back into comms and queued up…. it was a different story. It sounded like QL was under attack and things looked grim. I got into EB within minutes to see QL under heavy fire but we ultimately pushed back the invading HoD forces. Then I noticed something odd: we didn’t have reinforced gates. Sometime during my break HoD had overtaken QL. I then pop open the map and notice another odd thing: DG is under control of ET.

It didn’t take long to get our lands back, but our upgrades were gone; for, as far as I know, the first time in the match. We had to get back on the offensive or we would continue to bleed. Trebs were ordered to continue firing on Anz/klovan/wildcreek: the usual, while the remaining forces secured our borders and queued up upgrades on our overtaken towers.

Sometime shortly later, a HoD zerg came for QL, they had 3 rams up but that was quickly smashed by SBI forces. Within the hour however, their force was back and on DG. Our intel was slow, and by the time we knew about the siege and size of force it was too late. The gate was at 50% with 2-3 rams up and non-reinforced gate. We abandoned DG and prepared to take it back. It was back under SBI control within the next 15 minutes or so.

From here, I don’t recall any particular exciting events. Constant trebbing by all 3 sides, pushes into supply camps, etc. Sunday was over, I went to sleep.

Now it is Monday; and I wake up to see Stonemist under HoD control. Honestly, this was expected. Weekend was over, our forces dwindled. I got into EB without a queue. But its not over yet… we shall have Stonemist back…

in WvW

Posted by: Arakinis.5372

Arakinis.5372

Emoleas, great updates man…I’ve been mostly in ET’s home borderlands helping defend and haven’t really gotten into the other ones, so I appreciate these updates. Great WvWvW so far, some of the most fun I’ve had in an mmo in a very long time.

Arakinis ~ Lvl 80 Thief ~ Isle of Janthir
Team Legacy – [TL]
-Wipe them out…all of them

in WvW

Posted by: Trikki.5803

Trikki.5803

I think all the conspiracy theories about ET teaming with SBI is just funny. From Nocturnal’s perspective (ET Oceanic), we are outnumbered in every map every night. We still go out and have a great time. We never go into EB, its always full of Ruin trolls so we avoid it like the plague.

I know for a fact that certain HoD guilds are in Teamspeak with SBI at Oceanic times and that certain HoD guilds move to whichever map we’re on as soon as they find out where we are.

We don’t care who the red name is, which server they’re from, we just set a plan and go for it regardless of who the enemy is. As long as we’re having a laugh, its all good. When we’re not, we just log out.

Clipping is killing us so badly, one second there is 3 enemies, next there are 50. We wiped multiple times to enemies we couldn’t even see tonight. Its getting very frustrating. Dunno if its an Oceanic ping thing or what, but its really crippling our ability to fight and we get less members logging into our WvW events each night. I hope its fixed before the majority of my members quit in frustration.

The most disappointing thing about WvW for us is that tactics really mean very little when you’re outnumbered, its whoever has the bigger zerg wins. We’re in a strange position, we are in the top tier, but don’t have the numbers to really ram it home.

The other really frustrating thing for us is the Area Effect damage numbers that keep popping up. I got hit for almost 8k on a tick of Meteor Shower tonight, what the hell? Don’t even get me started on Dagger Storm.

Props to SBI, nice to see them going well and honestly, with all the trash that TA threw at us, I’m glad to see them not winning for once. I do get a buzz out of wiping a HoD zerg, but its no greater than wiping an SBI one.

At the end of the day though, I’m very proud of my guild and our server, for a low population server (compared to SBI and HoD), we do extremely well I reckon.

Trikki
Commander and Guild Leader
Nocturnal

Trikki – GM [NOC] Nocturnal (Oceanic Mature Age Guild)
Blackgate
http://www.nocturnalguild.com.au

(edited by Trikki.5803)

in WvW

Posted by: aceventura.8275

aceventura.8275

I do get a buzz out of wiping a HoD zerg

Trikki
Nocturnal

That is why HoD thinks there is a truce.. Everyone is out to get them, whether we are aware of it or not.

in WvW

Posted by: Nucleotides.6928

Nucleotides.6928

I do think it’s complete kitten that you can treb from SM and Garrison completely uncontested. Yes, I know the trick to getting some of them down but unless you can see the base you cannot target them.

in WvW

Sky.9347

I do think it’s complete kitten that you can treb from SM and Garrison completely uncontested. Yes, I know the trick to getting some of them down but unless you can see the base you cannot target them.

That’s part of the awesomeness of owning SM.

in WvW

Posted by: neverborne.4736

neverborne.4736

Um well I think it’s been a badkitten match up. Constantly fighting both sides. Don’t know what you are talking about “truce”. Both sides target us simultaneously all the time. It’s a 3 way battle… it’s going to happen. Crying about makes you look foolish.

in WvW

Posted by: neverborne.4736

neverborne.4736

I do get a buzz out of wiping a HoD zerg

Trikki
Nocturnal

That is why HoD thinks there is a truce.. Everyone is out to get them, whether we are aware of it or not.

LoL. Do you work for Fox News? Nice selective quotation there.

in WvW

Posted by: Rishara.1684

Rishara.1684

As of right now, it appears that either ET has given up completely or they have a worse non-weekend presence than SBI does. HoD is running rampant on all maps gaining points swiftly. ET is almost completely wiped off all maps. Things look grim for ET and SBI at this point in time unless something is done to knock points from HoD.

in WvW

Posted by: shortcake.8659

shortcake.8659

Yeah the HoD overpopulation has been PvGate’ing free points all day.

some terrible idiot in [pre]

in WvW

Posted by: MyDublin.8924

MyDublin.8924

Lol the excuses given to explain away the double teaming against HoD with an exploitative alliance with ET server, saying people are lying etc., about it, even when people from SBI openly admit to it.

Well http://www.twitch.tv/thedaz <— that guy is streaming from SBI server live and even in their chat you can see people shouting at others not to attack ET server and some (thankfully) telling them to go jump in a lake, that they won’t exploit to win. Also can see the sheer amount of vulgarity and abuse being thrown at people who attack ET server and don’t follow orders on the ET commander plants on SBI.

Was even one guy shouting at people to STOP TAKING SUPPLIES FROM DANELON SUPPLY CAMP – because they were under 50% /facepalm

in WvW

Rishara.1684

See, the thing is we always knew HoD was the bigger threat, regardless of where their placement was over the weekend. We knew that once the week started and most of us on SBI are at work or whatever, that HoD would be able to gain points back quickly. That was why we were focusing so heavily on HoD. We knew that ET wasn’t really a threat at all. There was never an alliance between us. We just wanted to suppress as many HoD points as we could. I don’t understand why people think that this was unfair or bad tactics… So, we should actually just let HoD steamroll us to focus on ET?

in WvW

Posted by: Casia.4281

Casia.4281

Bottomline is ‘skill’ will be shown in a shjort period, basically the first day or so of resets as they happen on the weekeneds and people can play. But as time goes by it just shows that population and having the ability to throw people in there 24/7 is all that really matters in terms of overall score keeping.

If there is such a thing as skill involved. Planning and organization is it. Go look at the server queue distribution graphs shown. That is the answer to HoD’s strength. the graph doesn’t look like the others, and it is not an accident.

Still lots of time to go however.

in WvW

Posted by: drake.2135

drake.2135

See, the thing is we always knew HoD was the bigger threat, regardless of where their placement was over the weekend. We knew that once the week started and most of us on SBI are at work or whatever, that HoD would be able to gain points back quickly. That was why we were focusing so heavily on HoD. We knew that ET wasn’t really a threat at all. There was never an alliance between us. We just wanted to suppress as many HoD points as we could. I don’t understand why people think that this was unfair or bad tactics… So, we should actually just let HoD steamroll us to focus on ET?

If it’s anything that I’ve learned from playing any game where you have more than one opponent, is that it’s a horrible idea to focus on only one of them.

Sure Henge of Denravi is a pretty big threat, but if Eredon Terrace was really that non-threatening, then why didn’t you go to capture all of their areas, alongside Henge’s areas (if possible)? It might have been more beneficial that way.

“The beginning is the beginning. The end is also the beginning.”
~Drake from Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Casia.4281

Casia.4281

If it’s anything that I’ve learned from playing any game where you have more than one opponent, is that it’s a horrible idea to focus on only one of them.

Sure Henge of Denravi is a pretty big threat, but if Eredon Terrace was really that non-threatening, then why didn’t you go to capture all of their areas, alongside Henge’s areas (if possible)? It might have been more beneficial that way.

Really? Focus is exactly what you do when facing more then one opponent. Once one is down and out, its now a 1v1, instead of a 2v1.

in WvW

Rishara.1684

Judging by the current situation, we did exactly what needed to be done.

in WvW

drake.2135

Really? Focus is exactly what you do when facing more then one opponent. Once one is down and out, its now a 1v1, instead of a 2v1.

So, basically, WvW is all about disabling the toughest enemy through any means necessary, and then having a [fair] fight against the third?

As much as I want to believe that, there’s simply no way that WvW was designed for that kind of play-style, since even when you turn your attention to the third, the tougher enemy will just come right back almost immediately, straight for you (while, again, ignoring the third).

~Drake from Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

EB first night one keep in the lowlands being attacked for 12 straight hours, ET and SBI taking turns running through the same hole.

No swords on the map anywhere else, not one supply camp or tower taken that ET and SBI own.

That is what you guys call Focus while patting yourself on the back saying how good you are.

Your not fooling anyone but yourself.

We were trading supply camps around Ogrewatch periodically. ET definitely wasn’t bringing their full force against us down there though – we had more issues with their trebs along the HoD border firing at Stonemist.

Even on Sunday, they had a group trying to take Stonemist from the north. Were it not for them we’d have kept it, but even with most of our siege gone they never reached the inner gate until the HoD siege golems turned up.

We saw siege golems again shortly afterwards in SBI borderlands to take our last keep – more of them, in fact, about 6-8 – but PRX lost all of them in the keep lord room when the group attacking one of ET’s towers recalled.

in WvW

Sky.9347

So, basically, WvW is all about disabling the toughest enemy through any means necessary, and then having a [fair] fight against the third?

As much as I want to believe that, there’s simply no way that WvW was designed for that kind of play-style, since even when you turn your attention to the third, the tougher enemy will just come right back almost immediately, straight for you (while, again, ignoring the third).

Actually, based on a developer blog post – WvW was specifically designed with three servers so that 2 could gang up on 1. SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED FOR THAT.

in WvW

drake.2135

Actually, based on a developer blog post – WvW was specifically designed with three servers so that 2 could gang up on 1. SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED FOR THAT.

First off Sky, of the two posts that I made on this thread, I’ve not said anything about two worlds teaming up on the third, merely that one world tends to focus most, if not all, of their forces on one of the other worlds.

Secondly, I’d appreciate it if you linked that blog, as simply talking about it doesn’t mean that I’ve read it (or if I did, remember it).

~Drake from Blackgate

in WvW

Sky.9347

First off Sky, of the two posts that I made on this thread, I’ve not said anything about two worlds teaming up on the third, merely that one world tends to focus most, if not all, of their forces on one of the other worlds.

Secondly, I’d appreciate it if you linked that blog, as simply talking about it doesn’t mean that I’ve read it (or if I did, remember it).

I know I whipped out the CAPSLOCK BABY – OHHH YAAAA (sorry), but I really didn’t mean to be inflammatory.

Here is a clip from the blog, and the link:

“Including three forces in world vs. world acts as an excellent balancing factor, preventing one team from growing too powerful and ruining the competitive balance of the game. Two teams can gang up to counter a more dominant third team, a dynamic that simply isn’t possible with only two opposing factions.”

http://www.arena.net/blog/mike-ferguson-on-guild-wars-2-world-vs-world

SBI and ET both went into this match knowing that HoD was the 800 pound gorilla in the room. It appears that we both (SBI and ET) spent our weekend beating that gorilla and hoping he would be weak enough that he’d lose (or at least that we would win) over the course of the weekdays, when HoD is strongest.

in WvW

drake.2135

I know I whipped out the CAPSLOCK BABY – OHHH YAAAA (sorry), but I really didn’t mean to be inflammatory.

Here is a clip from the blog, and the link:

“Including three forces in world vs. world acts as an excellent balancing factor, preventing one team from growing too powerful and ruining the competitive balance of the game. Two teams can gang up to counter a more dominant third team, a dynamic that simply isn’t possible with only two opposing factions.”

http://www.arena.net/blog/mike-ferguson-on-guild-wars-2-world-vs-world

SBI and ET both went into this match knowing that HoD was the 800 pound gorilla in the room. It appears that we both (SBI and ET) spent our weekend beating that gorilla and hoping he would be weak enough that he’d lose (or at least that we would win) over the course of the weekdays, when HoD is strongest.

Okay, thanks for correcting me. I suppose over a day or two of teaming up, as it were, to help sew the gap seems legitimate to me now. Though if Stormbluff Isle and Eredon Terrace were to do that the entire time, I guess that’s a different story. Sorry for causing a ruckus.

(Notice how I didn’t realize the tactics until now? )

~Drake from Blackgate

in WvW

Sky.9347

Mighty fine of you drake. Takes a big man to step back and reconsider things, in my opinion.

Honestly, considering how much off-time coverage HoD has I am thinking that ET and SBI maybe should both focus on HoD the entire week. Doubt it would happen though.

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

It would happen if HoD is holding most of the territory. If it’s looking even though, it should be more of a 3-way.

in WvW

drake.2135

Eredon Terrace just took Stonemist Castle. Things are going to be heating up now!

~Drake from Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Sonny.1739

Sonny.1739

We’re approaching prime time again, time to start taking back the points HoD managed to get during the day

Attachments:

Asus Rampage IV Extreme —- 3930K@4.8GHz (1.38V) —- 32GB TridentX 2600MHz —-
2x GTX680 DirectCUII Top SLI (1377MHz/7008MHz) —- 2x OCZ Vertex4 256GB Raid0

in WvW

emoleas.4309

Monday

I wake up to discover Stonemist has changed hands: HoD now has Stonemist. That was expected to be perfectly honest. I got in without queue, and popped in and out of undermanned buff over the next 3 or 4 hours. I ran to castle to discover both walls and doors were not upgraded; castle was freshly taken. Time to hit yaks.

After killing Yaks for ~30 minutes delaying wall upgrades, HoD forces upped their patrols. At this point, I was killing 1 in 3 yaks, and accruing heavy repair bills. I decided to stop as we were undermanned and there was not point in supply disruption without the proper siege support.

Fast forward about 3 hours and people start to log in, including a commander, and we are no longer undermanned. We quickly resume supply disruption while ET bombards Stonemist from overlook. Within 30 minutes we bring SM supply from over 1000 to 0. However, our commander is only with us for another 30 minutes and we could not mount an attack. It is incredibly hard to rally SBI forces without a commander, even though we have several people perfectly capable of making strategic decisions.

At this point, we decide its best to give ET stonemist castle to reset upgrades; so we begin to siege Klovan while the special yak slaying force continue to neutralize supply-delivering Yaks. Meanwhile, ET is sieging Stonemist northside. After a prolonged 1 hour siege on Klovan, we finally have it (we still have 0 queue time at this point). ET is inside the lord room for at least 30 minutes during this time. Shortly after we cap Klovan, ET forces take over Stonemist Castle.

The yak killing force resumed supply disruption on ET to prevent upgrades while a single Trebuchet from Durios Gulch pelts Stonemist walls. Within 15 minutes, Stonemist walls are down. This was a golden opportunity to take back Stonemist Castle… however, our forces were still in Golanta and Klovan holding back HoD forces and were adamant on sticking it to HoD. As said before, it is incredibly difficult to get players in SBI to listen to good strategic decisions with no commanders around, so these players continued to defend Klovan.

Within another 30 minutes or so, SBI forces were forced out of HoD territory; ET had nearly its entire force on Yak patrols preventing our 5 man yak killing group from engaging in their strategic yak removal process. It wasn’t long before walls were upgraded and that fully destroyed wall was fully repaired. Meanwhile, the remainder of the ET forces were raiding Umberglade.

As soon as HoD had all of their territory back, they began to hit SBI and HoD supply camps and yaks. SBI was forced on into a constant defense of its supply camps . Shortly after, SBI yak killing forces declared a treaty with Henge of Denravi yak killing forces after we repeatedly hit and ran the same yaks. This alliance was known as the Yak Interception Forces Federation (YIFF).

YIFF operated efficiently on a hit and run basis over the next 2 hours; allowing maybe a total of 3 yaks into Stonemist over that 2 hour period. Stonemist castle was still under ET control after 3 hours with un-upgraded doors; and completely dry of supply. However, SBI constantly faced a barrage of attacks from both ET and HoD forces to make a push.

During this time, ET forces dedicated at least half of their force to supply protection. Speldan supply camp had around 3 ballista and 3 arrow carts in it at one point, with Pangloss having about the same. No less than a total of 40 ET soldiers were guarding Speldan yaks and camps constantly.

SBI YIFF forces put up a ballista overseeing Speldan camp and began to pick off siege gear. Within minutes, HoD YIFF forces raided the camp as SBI plucked ET siege weapons. Speldan supply camp was now under HoD control; however, HoD YIFF forces decided they did not like SBI YIFF force ballista overseeing their camp and attacked. This caused serous strain on YIFF relations between SBI and HoD, and treaty terms became shaky.

At about this time, HoD had broken the outer wall of Stonemist Castle and began a siege. As soon as SBI yak killing forces saw this, they switched to disrupting HoD supplies. Thus, the YIFF alliance was officially broken.

[Note: The YIFF treaty was made up. But it seriously looked like we were working together getting those yaks!]

Within 15 minutes of killing HoD yaks, Henge of Denravi forces pulled out of stonemist to refocus on SBI forces. They seemed to dislike us going after their yaks. It was evening about this time and ET forces saw reduced pressure while SBI and HoD went at it. HoD remained guarding yaks and supply camps with the majority of their force while they built up Stonemist castle.

in WvW

emoleas.4309

Monday continued

Sometime around this point I took a break, but had comms still running and was sitting idle in QL in case HoD forces began another siege. However, this did not happen. Instead, HoD forces turned their sights on Stonemist Castle. I’m not quite sure on the time scale, but HoD was inside Stonemist Castle in not much time and working on the inner gate. SBI forces took this opportunity to begin their own siege on Stonemist Castle, getting the southern wall knocked down while HoD was already working on the inner gate.

HoD quickly got inside the lord room and began the fight. SBI forces followed shortly after for a 3-way lag fest. There were several moments where SBI or HoD had the circle 50%+ capped but the castle lord got revived. During this time, it was noticed that stonemist supply was going back up. A yak killing force was quickly dispatched to resolve the issue.

Within 20 minutes of yak killing forces being dispatched; SBI noticed an odd occurence: our waypoint was disabled, in addition to ETs waypoint being disabled. Once we saw this we knew immediately what was going on: small HoD forces had been dispatched to contest the waypoint to buy themselves more time. SBI forces quickly reacted and dispatched their own waypoint contesters.

From here, it was a battle who can contest the waypoint using the fewest forces. I believe SBI forces won this fight, as it is extremely easy to disable Lowlands waypoint compared to the other two keeps’ waypoints. This continued for about 30-45 minutes, causing forces from all three servers to run back to Stonemist from the original waypoint.

It would appear that HoD was the first to get fed up with losing their keep waypoint as they seemed to be the first to pull out of stonemist. They also seemed to be pretty ticked off at Stonemist for efficiently disabling their waypoint.

Shortly after retreating from Stonemist, reports came in early of a massive HoD force moving through Hylek camp and SBI forces quickly rallied the troops inside. The wall reached ~70% before HoD forces were forced to retreat.

However, it was not over yet. Within 20 minute HoD forces returned and set up several offensive ballista with one goal in mind: to take out SBI defensive siege gear in QL. HoD ballista were successfully in taking down 2 SBI catapults, but SBI were quick to drop 3 new catapults and smash the invading forces siege gear. The siege was repelled.

It was at this point, I decided to call it a night. I lingered for the next 30 minutes to see what was going on, however no definitive action from any side was taking place. Just a small back and forth of supply camps. This concludes my recollection of the events that took place Monday.

I apologize for the length of this one. But this was quite a fun day of supply disruption despite our forces not taking full advantage what we had laid out in front of us.

(edited by emoleas.4309)

in WvW

Nucleotides.6928

I was contesting both keeps by myself. RTL is op.

I believe the reason we left SM was because the lag was so bad that you couldn’t really kill people effectively and really just gave more time for reinforcements to come on. The attack on QL was meant to pull you guys off of SM because it seemed more logical to give it to ET then SBI. At least that is my understanding.

cheers.

in WvW

Posted by: Oxstrasza.4209

Oxstrasza.4209

Because we won in the EB, we are officially catching up ET and SBI. No.1, we are coming. Great Job everyone!

Nine Dragon

in WvW

emoleas.4309

I was contesting both keeps by myself. RTL is op.

I believe the reason we left SM was because the lag was so bad that you couldn’t really kill people effectively and really just gave more time for reinforcements to come on. The attack on QL was meant to pull you guys off of SM because it seemed more logical to give it to ET then SBI. At least that is my understanding.

cheers.

Yeah. I would’ve done the exact same thing if I were HoD. Well played. But as long as it’s our primetime, you ain’t taking anything from us!

in WvW

emoleas.4309

Tuesday Morning

All is lost. HoD has captured everything on the SBI side, all upgrades reset. HoD has closed the gap by another 10k over night. After having spent ~12g in this matchup alone, I decide it’s not worth it anymore to spend anything else. This is the last EB update for this match-up.

The weekend was fun guys. You all put up a great fight. We just can’t field the numbers to even mount a proper defense during the night.

To those that say HoD were getting 2v1’d and thats the only reason SBI was in 1st. That is completely false. We held EB down for the majority of Saturday, and all Sunday against both servers. I can’t speak about borderlands, but over the weekend: skill and strategy led SBI to #1, not some silly alliance.

I look forward to next reset and weekend!

in WvW

Sky.9347

Tuesday Morning

All is lost. HoD has captured everything on the SBI side, all upgrades reset. HoD has closed the gap by another 10k over night. After having spent ~12g in this matchup alone, I decide it’s not worth it anymore to spend anything else. This is the last EB update for this match-up.

The weekend was fun guys. You all put up a great fight. We just can’t field the numbers to even mount a proper defense during the night.

To those that say HoD were getting 2v1’d and thats the only reason SBI was in 1st. That is completely false. We held EB down for the majority of Saturday, and all Sunday against both servers. I can’t speak about borderlands, but over the weekend: skill and strategy led SBI to #1, not some silly alliance.

I look forward to next reset and weekend!

Do you see this ANet? The bolded part is becoming more and more common in the thought processes of even your most hardcore W3 fans.

I would pay close attention if I were you guys.

Thanks for the updates, they were great. It really was an awesome weekend. Time to start saving up for next Friday!

in WvW

Posted by: insignia.3625

insignia.3625

i love u emo even though we arent in the same side and timezone.
my fave SBIs, you and Treble <3

[SYN] Synapse
Titan Alliance, Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Nucleotides.6928

I wouldn’t go so far as to say we cannot take anything from you in prime time. That danelon passage is mighty tempting. It is however coming clear that prime time seems to be a bit more about hulking out on defense then trying to push objectives.

in WvW

Posted by: Tindahbawx.5317

Tindahbawx.5317

Do the top servers actually communicate in WvW?

I’m beginning to get tired of my own servers lack of direction, which usually just amounts to “now zerg this”, “come and defend this” and “what the hell are you doing, we need supply camps guys”.

in WvW

Posted by: insignia.3625

insignia.3625

well our guild leader usually orchestrates the entire server’s militia to compliment the guild’s forces in EB, like sometimes we’ll be the distraction so he can lead the main force elsewhere, or guilds (non-TA) would volunteer to hold a point or recap a supply camp when he asks for it.

in HoD, people know who to listen to. the trolls/disobedient ones are usually the new tail coat riding transfers.

[SYN] Synapse
Titan Alliance, Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Posted by: Hynoris.3684

Hynoris.3684

Meanwhile in the justice…

I mean in the second bracket,everthing is GREEN everthing!!!1!!1

and boring as hell … besides all the QQ we truly miss you guys cya all at friday.