EB JP changes

EB JP changes

in WvW

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

Once per account daily on a 24 hour reset.

Really lame, especially since there was no change to the daily/character chests in the BL JP.

What was the thought(less) process behind this change? I find this an unreasonable nerf to those of us that enjoyed running multiple characters through.

EB JP changes

in WvW

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

They did this months ago. It’s not the same considering you could receive up to 20 badges of honor per chest and people could easily just create accounts to farm it. Many did just that.

EB JP changes

in WvW

Firebaall.5127

I find farming 20 badges easier following a zerg in WvW. Even with a Mesmer team porting to the top.

Again. Not a needed nerf.

EB JP changes

in WvW

Ayrilana.1396

You’re participating in WvW. Doing the jumping puzzle contributes nothing. You could easily farm 100+ badges an hour before the nerf.

EB JP changes

in WvW

Posted by: Monsoon.2589

Monsoon.2589

< —-- over there are people jumping in the dark.
Over there are people fighting for their server —-- >

(edited by Monsoon.2589)

EB JP changes

in WvW

Firebaall.5127

You’re participating in WvW. Doing the jumping puzzle contributes nothing. You could easily farm 100+ badges an hour before the nerf.

You can easily farm as many zergtarding per hour.

Correct me if I’m wrong but with moving the JP into it’s own instance, the map limit for EB is separate. What does it matter, if you enjoy farming the JP? The two activities are now mutually exclusive.

EB JP changes

in WvW

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

That may be true for tier 1; dunno. But for me, jumping puzzles are BY FAR the fastest and most efficient way to get badges. When I zerg or run with a guild group, I get maybe 20 badges in two hours. If I’m lucky, that is. Simply because you don’t always get lootbags for kills, and in most of the lootbags there are no badges anyway. I remember getting a pile of around 10-15 lootbags while using an arrowcart… and getting like one badge out of them. Which in turn would mean that for 20 badges I’d need 100 kills (if you double the rate from that example). And that’s pretty much impossible… at least from what I’ve seen.

Maybe I’m just terribly unlucky with badge-drops ever since I started playing WvW, though.

EB JP changes

in WvW

Posted by: The Ace.9105

The Ace.9105

Enjoying running puzzles multiple times with lvl 1 characters? Sure you can still run those puzzles over and over again. Maybe jumping puzzles was never meant to be farmed over and over again. Easy money nerfed. You don’t have to know how to play the game and still get reward from the chest. Run dungeons or something if you want to get money.

EB JP changes

in WvW

Ayrilana.1396

Correct me if I’m wrong but with moving the JP into it’s own instance, the map limit for EB is separate. What does it matter, if you enjoy farming the JP? The two activities are now mutually exclusive.

You missed the point as you did not see my other post.

EB JP changes

in WvW

Posted by: Conner.4702

Conner.4702

Creating characters just to farm EB JP was pointless as the loot scales to your level. So badges on a low level was around 3-5 for a long time. The average badge count from the chest is 15 per run on a 80. Far cry from a good reason to nerf it to once daily per account, but everything to ensure people can’t buy anets precious ascended crap right away. That’s why it was nerfed and for no other reason.

EB JP changes

in WvW

Ayrilana.1396

It was nerfed months ago. Even before it became its own zone. This was well before ascended was available in WvW.

EB JP changes

in WvW

Posted by: Conner.4702

Conner.4702

It was nerfed months ago. Even before it became its own zone. This was well before ascended was available in WvW.

Are you naive enough to think they didn’t plan ahead?

As far as I’m concerned the people who don’t understand advanced tactics, strategy and planning, whined and whined and got it removed and nerfed, because they can’t fathom how it could be used as an asset. 99.999% of the playerbase are nothing but lowly footsoldiers. You don’t let footsoldiers dictate strategy.

EB JP changes

in WvW

Firebaall.5127

Enjoying running puzzles multiple times with lvl 1 characters? Sure you can still run those puzzles over and over again. Maybe jumping puzzles was never meant to be farmed over and over again. Easy money nerfed. You don’t have to know how to play the game and still get reward from the chest. Run dungeons or something if you want to get money.

A level 1 wouldn’t get you any money to speak of. The loot (both number badges and low level of gear), is scaled down. You couldn’t farm that chest and make decent money.

Also, on a side note….money isn’t a problem for me. I’ve already got a legendary, and just about every item I want. I enjoy jumping puzzles. I especially liked the EB one.

All jumping puzzles are per character per day. There is no reason for the EB chest to be any different.

Your point posted was moot. It wasn’t missed. Nice condescending attitude failure though.

As stated above, the loot is scaled to your character level. Just as it is in the BL puzzles. There is no reason that the EB puzzle should be limited to one character per account.

(edited by Firebaall.5127)

EB JP changes

in WvW

Ayrilana.1396

Are you naive enough to think they didn’t plan ahead?

As far as I’m concerned the people who don’t understand advanced tactics, strategy and planning, whined and whined and got it removed and nerfed, because they can’t fathom how it could be used as an asset. 99.999% of the playerbase are nothing but lowly footsoldiers. You don’t let footsoldiers dictate strategy.

If I recall the nerf to make it account bound occurred about 3 months before ascended. Not everything is planned long in advance. Even if it were, it still doesn’t matter. It was an extremely quick way to get badges with no effort in a short amount of time.

Siege is very easy to come by and people don’t struggle to obtain them. Most of the WvW guilds have stockpiles of it including the superior siege. Any advantage to the free siege has a very minimal impact in WvW. Besides, most of the people went there for the badges and not for the siege. The free siege was just being used as an excuse to justify doing the jp.

Your point posted was moot. It wasn’t missed. Nice condescending attitude failure though.

As stated above, the loot is scaled to your character level. Just as it is in the BL puzzles. There is no reason that the EB puzzle should be limited to one character per account.

Something is not moot just because it goes against your opinion. I suggest you look up what condescending means. None of my posts were anything close to that. The BL jp required you to collect keys and did not have people sitting on top porting people. You could do the EB puzzle in less than a min with absolutely zero effort.

The only thing moot is that any argument for one side or the other won’t matter as this nerf will not be reversed.

EB JP changes

in WvW

Firebaall.5127

Something is not moot just because it goes against your opinion. I suggest you look up what condescending means. None of my posts were anything close to that. The BL jp required you to collect keys and did not have people sitting on top porting people. You could do the EB puzzle in less than a min with absolutely zero effort.

The only thing moot is that any argument for one side or the other won’t matter as this nerf will not be reversed.

Yup, you most certainly have a condescending attitude. Also demonstrated with this reply too. Implying that I missed your point was a condescension, as is your suggestion that I need to look up what the word condescending means. You’re too self absorbed to realize you don’t have much to offer.

As to your point that the collection of keys makes the BL different, you’re wrong (not surprised) in that regard as well. Two mesmers make those puzzles just as easy as the EB puzzle. Fact.

EB JP changes

in WvW

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

If you enjoyed doing that JP with different characters rejoyce, you can still do it pretty easily.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

EB JP changes

in WvW

The Ace.9105

A level 1 wouldn’t get you any money to speak of. The loot (both number badges and low level of gear), is scaled down. You couldn’t farm that chest and make decent money.

Also, on a side note….money isn’t a problem for me. I’ve already got a legendary, and just about every item I want. I enjoy jumping puzzles. I especially liked the EB one.

All jumping puzzles are per character per day. There is no reason for the EB chest to be any different.

Maybe they changed it cause ppl with many 80 lvls got more rewards than ppl with 1 or 2 80 lvls. Eb chests have highest rewards and too little effort really.

You already got your legendary and every item you wanted. Money is not a problem for you so why do you even need rewards from eb jps?

Why are you complaining?

There is already more jumping puzzles than there is real actual challenging content in this game. Go do those other puzzles if you want rewards. Maybe you are just complaining cause you can’t get rewards from dungeons or something. I am not seeing your point here cause you already have everything you wanted. Maybe it is just l2p when you are not getting rewards from anywhere else cause other content is too hard for you.

Why should eb jps be once per day per char when mesmer can port your lvl80 char and you can complete jps in short time? If you really like to JUMP those puzzles you wouldn’t be here complaining about rewards.

EB JP changes

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow Blade.1324

Shadow Blade.1324

There is already more jumping puzzles than there is real actual challenging content in this game. Go do those other puzzles if you want rewards.

Why should eb jps be once per day per char when mesmer can port your lvl80 char and you can complete jps in short time? If you really like to JUMP those puzzles you wouldn’t be here complaining about rewards.

you seem to be contradicting yourself.

you can portal or camp the end of other puzzles for rewards and that’s perfectly fine but not EB why exactly? you cant camp the end and have to have a server that owns a keep to even get there, not everyone uses mesmers to skip content, and those mesmers had to do the content to be able to skip you ahead…

why should any dungeon not be 1/day when you can have mesmers portal you through dungeons? If you really like to BEAT those dungeons you wouldn’t be here complaining about rewards,
why should dungeons reward anything?
why should anything reward anything?

also EB > COF 1 in time/ difficulty but not rewards even more so when you have other players camping with traps/ in the darkroom with knock back etc

i wish the devs had a consistent vision and didn’t push out content they know is flawed

EB JP changes

in WvW

Firebaall.5127

Maybe they changed it cause ppl with many 80 lvls got more rewards than ppl with 1 or 2 80 lvls. Eb chests have highest rewards and too little effort really.

You already got your legendary and every item you wanted. Money is not a problem for you so why do you even need rewards from eb jps?

Why are you complaining?

I enjoy the puzzle. When I’m in a mood to do the EB JP, I want the option to run it more than once. Pretty simple.

There is already more jumping puzzles than there is real actual challenging content in this game. Go do those other puzzles if you want rewards. Maybe you are just complaining cause you can’t get rewards from dungeons or something. I am not seeing your point here cause you already have everything you wanted. Maybe it is just l2p when you are not getting rewards from anywhere else cause other content is too hard for you.

Done them all, many times. I’m ranked 31st in North America for achievements to boot. I’ve done everything in the game, and I like to go back and repeat content I enjoy. Suggesting that the content is too hard for me, or that I may need to “l2P”, is soaked in ignorance. Thanks buddy. Your supposition is foolish, and a bit of a jerk move.

Why should they not follow the exact same standards as every other jumping puzzle in the game? Each one can be completed once per character, once per day. A Mesmer can port each and every other puzzle in the game as well.

EB JP changes

in WvW

Posted by: Avatara.1042

You are clueless. On SoS we used to funnel half our server through that JP, and acquire a massive stockpile of siege.

EB JP changes

in WvW

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I enjoy the puzzle. When I’m in a mood to do the EB JP, I want the option to run it more than once. Pretty simple.

You can run the EB JP as much as you want. But the rewards are limited now. If I remember correctly, it was nerfed because of the massive amounts of free Siege you could get daily with alts. It’s similar to the World Boss nerf, where it’s now limited in a similar way to reduce the amount of alt farming being done at the time.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

EB JP changes

in WvW

Firebaall.5127

You can still get as much siege in the BL with alts. It’s also just as easy to Mesmer bypass as EB is.

World Bosses were a different ball of wax. They generated too much in game wealth. That’s why they were tweaked. Free siege is entirely different.

EB JP changes

in WvW

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

You can still get as much siege in the BL with alts. It’s also just as easy to Mesmer bypass as EB is.

World Bosses were a different ball of wax. They generated too much in game wealth. That’s why they were tweaked. Free siege is entirely different.

I was sure that Anet made the limit with all WvW JPs the same.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

EB JP changes

in WvW

Firebaall.5127

Nope. I ran my home borderland JP several times today on separate characters. Each one was able to loot the chest.

EB JP changes

in WvW

Ayrilana.1396

You are clueless. On SoS we used to funnel half our server through that JP, and acquire a massive stockpile of siege.

Read my other posts. I said most guilds have a stockpile of siege.

EB JP changes

in WvW

Ayrilana.1396

Yup, you most certainly have a condescending attitude. Also demonstrated with this reply too. Implying that I missed your point was a condescension, as is your suggestion that I need to look up what the word condescending means. You’re too self absorbed to realize you don’t have much to offer.

As to your point that the collection of keys makes the BL different, you’re wrong (not surprised) in that regard as well. Two mesmers make those puzzles just as easy as the EB puzzle. Fact.

You don’t seem to have a clue what it means and would rather resort to personal attacks because I happen to disagree with you? Please be a little more constructive.

People did not do ports for those JP ever. There was always a mesmer at the eb doing ports. There’s a difference.

EB JP changes

in WvW

Firebaall.5127

I’m done addressing you Ayrilana. You bring nothing to this discussion. You have nothing to contribute, except invalid points and insulting behavior. You might as well troll somewhere else.

A good example is how you think people don’t port borderlands. You’re done. Move along.

EB JP changes

in WvW

Ayrilana.1396

I’m done addressing you Ayrilana. You bring nothing to this discussion. You have nothing to contribute, except invalid points and insulting behavior. You might as well troll somewhere else.

A good example is how you think people don’t port borderlands. You’re done. Move along.

I’m sorry you feel that way but you’ve been the one insulting me this entire thread. All of my points have been valid arguments for the nerf which happened to disagree with yours. Just because you disagree with someone’s opinions doesn’t mean that their points are invalid.

People do not port in borderlands. I’ve played on 4 different servers since launch and have yet to see anyone do that. You don’t see people always saying that they’re porting or asking for a port. EB was always the puzzle that people asked for a mesmer port. Why? This was because you could get up to 20 badges from it. People did this for their legendary and for gear.

The nerf to make it account bound happened on April 30th. On May 14th EB jumping puzzle was moved to its own map. May 28th ascended items became available from WvW vendors. My statement about ascended being available well after the nerf was a little inaccurate.

It was nerfed because players could do the puzzle with minimal effort due to having a mesmer port them up. The puzzle also gave a chance of up to 20 badges which is considerably higher than at the borderlands. Being able to do this on all of your characters and getting upwards to 100+ badges in less than an hour for doing absolutely nothing was a little absurd.

They also increased the drop rate of badges while playing WvW which leads to the belief that they were trying to encourage people to do more WvW rather than just farm the jumping puzzle.

I also mentioned that the free siege as a reason to support doing the jp was irrelevant since a lot of the WvW guilds have a stockpile of them. They also have enough cash flow to buy siege. If the eb jumping puzzle did not drop any badges, would guilds still have run it when it was still on the WvW map? If the jumping puzzles did not drop badges would you still run them? It still has free siege after all!

If you want it to be character bound then I suggest that they make the badges like in the borderlands where you can only get like 3-4 per chest. It seems fair to me. Or if you want more badges then disable mesmer portals in the puzzle.

EB JP changes

in WvW

The Ace.9105

There is already more jumping puzzles than there is real actual challenging content in this game. Go do those other puzzles if you want rewards.

why should any dungeon not be 1/day when you can have mesmers portal you through dungeons? If you really like to BEAT those dungeons you wouldn’t be here complaining about rewards,
why should dungeons reward anything?
why should anything reward anything?

also EB > COF 1 in time/ difficulty but not rewards even more so when you have other players camping with traps/ in the darkroom with knock back etc

I am not complaining about rewards. Everything in this game is way too easy.

If COF 1 is faster, better, easier and more rewarding why not just run COF 1?

EB JP changes

in WvW

The Ace.9105

I think that you are just kitten ed off cause ppl camp at the end of eb jp and you can’t get that end chest.

EB JP changes

in WvW

Firebaall.5127

I think that you are just kitten ed off cause ppl camp at the end of eb jp and you can’t get that end chest.

If that’s the case, why would I be wanting to run the EB JP multiple times? If what you say is true, why would I need or want to run it multiple times in a day. You make zero sense with this comment. I’m just curious how on earth you came to that thought.

EB JP changes

in WvW

The Ace.9105

If that’s the case, why would I be wanting to run the EB JP multiple times? If what you say is true, why would I need or want to run it multiple times in a day. You make zero sense with this comment. I’m just curious how on earth you came to that thought.

Why are you even running that puzzle many times per day? You don’t need anything since you got your legendary and everything you wanted and money is not a problem for you. If you enjoy running that puzzle many times per day then do it. You don’t even need the end reward cause you already have everything you wanted. You have no reason to complain.

If you want rewards from jumping puzzles then why won’t you just jump those other jps?

EB JP changes

in WvW

Firebaall.5127

I don’t often run it daily, many times (the fact that I just noticed the nerf now, should tell you this). However when I want to, I shouldn’t be facing this nerf. It doesn’t matter if you’re hungry, if there’s no carrot at the end of the string why would you bother? It’s fun to open a chest.

So, in fact yes. I do have a reason to complain.

EB JP changes

in WvW

The Ace.9105

I don’t often run it daily, many times (the fact that I just noticed the nerf now, should tell you this). However when I want to, I shouldn’t be facing this nerf. It doesn’t matter if you’re hungry, if there’s no carrot at the end of the string why would you bother? It’s fun to open a chest.

So, in fact yes. I do have a reason to complain.

The reason I am running that puzzle many times per day is that I can troll and kill ppl before the chest. Try to find something else that makes eb puzzle interesting.

Some ppl aren’t like you and they farmed that chest where they could get precursors with many 80 lvls and got badges and sieges too. When ppl abuse reward system like this it changes and we have to deal with that.

EB JP changes

in WvW

Firebaall.5127

The reason I am running that puzzle many times per day is that I can troll and kill ppl before the chest. Try to find something else that makes eb puzzle interesting.

I guess my motivation doesn’t come at the expense of other’s play experience. If my goal was to be a jerk to other players, I guess I wouldn’t have issue with the chest nerf either.

EB JP changes

in WvW

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

I loved the part in which you totally ignored my post, just like you ignored the most meaningful part of The Ace’s post. Is this supposed to be a discussion or are you just venting off? Becausse ArenaNet isn’t gonna revert the change because you irrationaly vented off on the forums.

You said that you enjoy repeating content, and you can still do that perfectly. Why open such a snarky thread about the rewards? You went as far as describing how rewards from the chest aren’t that great/really needed because you have everything you want from it, so what’s the big deal? Enlighten me.

Oh and please don’t bring up consistency because making making borderlands JP chest daily and account bound would be a very sensible thing to do.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

(edited by Wolfheart.1938)

EB JP changes

in WvW

Firebaall.5127

If you enjoyed doing that JP with different characters rejoyce, you can still do it pretty easily.

It wasn’t a matter of ignoring you wolf. You garnered no more than you contributed to the conversation. I’m sorry you felt left out on some special point that you thought you were making. Explain how your response warranted some kind of attention that wasn’t explained in the body of this thread.

Repeating the content includes the fun of opening the chest. Did you honestly not gather that from the previous comments? You ask for enlightenment, but you’re not willing to take the time to read what we’ve been discussing?

If you don’t wish to contribute in a meaningful manner, I’ll add you to the “don’t respond to list”.

Have a discussion or don’t.

(edited by Firebaall.5127)

EB JP changes

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow Blade.1324

Shadow Blade.1324

if every thing in game is too easy why does it matter if this is 1/char rather than 1/account

i never said it was better, i prefer more challenging content which is why i prefer EB to COF 1 but you still haven’t responded to the question of why anything should reward anything?

given your main argument seems to be if you enjoy the content you shouldn’t need rewards to repeat it multiple times, that surely applies to all content, and yet we have rewards…

If you want rewards from jumping puzzles then why won’t you just jump those other jps?

I do, i also like this one which is harder than many of the others, why should this not reward me also? this is like saying if you want rewards from dungeons you should just do some other dungeons and dungeon X should have no rewards.

you really don’t seem to have thought your position through, if you are camping the puzzle for kills, surely you want MORE characters jumping through it…

i wish the devs had a consistent vision and didn’t push out content they know is flawed

EB JP changes

in WvW

The Ace.9105

if every thing in game is too easy why does it matter if this is 1/char rather than 1/account

i never said it was better, i prefer more challenging content which is why i prefer EB to COF 1 but you still haven’t responded to the question of why anything should reward anything?

given your main argument seems to be if you enjoy the content you shouldn’t need rewards to repeat it multiple times, that surely applies to all content, and yet we have rewards…

I do, i also like this one which is harder than many of the others, why should this not reward me also? this is like saying if you want rewards from dungeons you should just do some other dungeons and dungeon X should have no rewards.

you really don’t seem to have thought your position through, if you are camping the puzzle for kills, surely you want MORE characters jumping through it…

“Why does it matter if this is 1/char rather than 1/account? Why anything should reward anything?” Arenanet is trying to create mmorpg. Nice loot is extra and that keeps players repeating the content but personally for me the best part of doing something is not the loot and if you think about other games than mmorpgs you notice that they don’t reward you either and ppl still play those games.

“Surely you want MORE characters jumping through it.” No. I am perfectly fine if there is just 1-3 enemies in this puzzle. They are much easier to kill when there is less ppl in jp.

“Dungeon X should have no rewards.” Some ppl farmed that chest where they could get precursors, badges and sieges. When ppl abused the reward system it changed. The loot was too good for that chest so they nerfed it and they nerfed it in anet way.

EB JP changes

in WvW

Posted by: totalpwnage.6534

totalpwnage.6534

If I may, these badges are Badges of Honour right? Whats honourable about jumping around in the dark? If the JP was changed back then they should also change the Gift of Battle to the Gift of Jumping.

You get a reward for running through the puzzle but you definitely do not need to farm it.

Happylittlevegemite of Darkhaven
Quick Load [LOAD]

EB JP changes

in WvW

Posted by: Lyonell.1753

Lyonell.1753

They should simply remove the god kitten JP from WvW. Seriously want badges, join your server’s effort to win the kitten thing.