EB jumping puzzle remake

EB jumping puzzle remake

in WvW

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

Since the current jumping puzzle on EB only distracts people from real WvW fights and has no strategical benefit, everyone can agree that it needs a remake.

In my opinion there should be an extremely long and DIFFICULT jumping puzzle of floating rocks (like the one above Metrica Province) starting from either the keeps or the spawn locations, and leading to the roofs of Stonemist Castle, where successful jumpers may find a chest, and a gate (that can be destroyed by rams) leading to the upper floor of SM.

- Trebuchets and catapults should be blocked on this puzzle, otherwise it turned Eternal Battlegrounds into Jumping Puzzle Battlegrounds.
- Ballistas, arrow carts, (or omega golems if they could jump) could make this even more exciting!

If those 3 paths of jumping puzzles would be connected with eachother, then “please help! there are campers on the puzzle” would make sense, and people could even get help instead of being flamed “GET OUT OF JP!”
Connecting the paths might even make people able to sneak into enemy keeps, this way making all the 3 sides alert, so defenders/scouts will be needed at more locations.

I think it is a prefect way to spread out people all across the map, while they still have fun

If you decide to make this, please consider adding some deep water spots (rivers, small lakes / craters filled with water or poison or whatever) so players can quit the jumping puzzle any time they want without dying OR mesmers could drop a portal.
Thank you.

EB jumping puzzle remake

in WvW

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

70% of wvw players never visit jumping puzzles, 15% only enters EB, asks if there are any mesmers, then leaves. 10% does it every day, just because its a chest, and 5% keeps camping for easy kills. I used to belong to that 10% for several months, then i prefered fighting in wvw than slacking and wasting map slot.

EB jumping puzzle remake

in WvW

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

You should recognize that other people may actually like the jumping puzzles, like the rewards of badges and siege bps and accept that not everyone thinks like you do.

#TeamJadeQuarry

(edited by VOLKON.1290)

EB jumping puzzle remake

in WvW

Posted by: Gismor.8407

Gismor.8407

In my opinion they should just remove the jumping puzzle and increase siege drops from players and npc’s that are on the map. JP’s just tempt the PvE heros into WvW, and take players away from the Commander(s). With the removal of the JP(s) PvE only players won’t bother coming to WvW and we can get those that actually want to have fun and kill baddies in only.

Just my opinion, hate all you want.

-Gismor

[EK] Guild leader → Retired
Friend Gismor – 80 Revenant
“Always outnumbered, never outgunned.”

EB jumping puzzle remake

in WvW

Posted by: Mighty Ice Arrow.9268

Mighty Ice Arrow.9268

You should recognize that other people may actually like the jumping puzzles, like the rewards of badges and siege bps and accept that not everyone thinks like you do.

I’m proud to say never been there!!! (For 7 month very active player of WWW).

Anet has made the correct changes so not to many go to JP.

They have made huge increase of the dropping rate of badges, and with that you can buy siege.

The dropping rate of siege as increased a little should increase more.

Many times happened to me defending our keep in EB (only If you have the keep you can do JP), and see in chat “Any Mesmer in JP?”

Before you start doing more comments on the right of doing everything you want, think in the others fighting so you can do it.

Like the NPC say “Someone as to fight, so you can be free”.

EB jumping puzzle remake

in WvW

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

I’m proud to say never been there!!! (For 7 month very active player of WWW).

Anet has made the correct changes so not to many go to JP.

They have made huge increase of the dropping rate of badges, and with that you can buy siege.

The dropping rate of siege as increased a little should increase more.

Many times happened to me defending our keep in EB (only If you have the keep you can do JP), and see in chat “Any Mesmer in JP?”

Before you start doing more comments on the right of doing everything you want, think in the others fighting so you can do it.

Like the NPC say “Someone as to fight, so you can be free”.

If you’ve never done it, it’s worth doing at least one start to finish (sans portal). It’s actually quite a nicely done puzzle! The added threat of being jumped while you’re in there enhances the experience.

#TeamJadeQuarry

EB jumping puzzle remake

in WvW

Posted by: Zosk.5609

Zosk.5609

Remove Portal from the game and maybe the JP becomes an interesting place… if not I think we’d be better off having it removed completely.

I think of the intention as a little mini Darkness Falls (DAOC) style thing… but control being granted based mostly on ‘existence of mesmers who like jumping puzzles’… surely a better way can be found.

EB jumping puzzle remake

in WvW

Posted by: Faux Sheaux.6179

Faux Sheaux.6179

We have server jumping puzzle rushes. I collected 61 golems and over 800 blueprints to distribute to our server’s commanders last Friday in only three hours of it.

I say keep the puzzle. It’s an awesome resource when people use it en mass.

Ehmry Bay – Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Menorah | Charr Cat | Some Cat Thing
Still running my old RRR build because why not

EB jumping puzzle remake

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

I agree that the JP should not effect the queue for WvW, not sure how they would do that though. Side not EBJP is probably my favorite over all jumping puzzle. Some of the best duels and small group fights I’v ever had were in the JP.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

EB jumping puzzle remake

in WvW

Posted by: DevonCarver.5370

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

We are in the process of trying to get the JP to not exert pressure on the queue for EB or the population of the map. Once we’ve finalized our solution, you will hear about it.

EB jumping puzzle remake

in WvW

Posted by: declan.3968

declan.3968

everytime someone ask “Is there port in JP?” I will reply with “Yeah, there’s Tokyo, Osaka …”

EB jumping puzzle remake

in WvW

Posted by: Mighty Ice Arrow.9268

Mighty Ice Arrow.9268

We are in the process of trying to get the JP to not exert pressure on the queue for EB or the population of the map. Once we’ve finalized our solution, you will hear about it.

That’s wonderful news, I don’t know how you are doing it, but I totally agree.

Now for the milk and honey, please tell me you are going to kill the skill lag!!!

EB jumping puzzle remake

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

everytime someone ask “Is there port in JP?” I will reply with “Yeah, there’s Tokyo, Osaka …”

This gag smells worse than the port itself.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

EB jumping puzzle remake

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Since the current jumping puzzle on EB only distracts people from real WvW fights and has no strategical benefit, everyone can agree that it needs a remake.

I do not agree at all, so I do not think you should say ‘everyone can agree’.

~ AoN ~

EB jumping puzzle remake

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

If one side wants to put lots of people in the jumping puzzle, it reduces their effectiveness on the battlefield – I think this is a good compromise and that your solution sounds as though it would be detrimental to the ongoing battle.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

EB jumping puzzle remake

in WvW

Posted by: Xcaliber.7903

Xcaliber.7903

Was this finalized?

EB jumping puzzle remake

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Yes, they gave it its own map that doesn’t affect the eb map population cap.

Also: holy necro posting

L’enfer, c’est les autres

EB jumping puzzle remake

in WvW

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

i do JP every day for ori nodes…<_<

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

EB jumping puzzle remake

in WvW

Posted by: Xcaliber.7903

Xcaliber.7903

Yeah sorry…I was googling and this was one of the first results, and there was some debate in-game about whether or not it actually had effect on the queues etc., so I was wanting to see if the May 14th update did in fact remove population from EB when they entered the jumping puzzle or not. Thanks for responding.

(edited by Xcaliber.7903)

EB jumping puzzle remake

in WvW

Posted by: Yaro.3251

Yaro.3251

I’m not sure why Devon is so vague, taking into account that he told in a sticky how exactly EB will be freed of “Obsidian Burden”:

Finally, to make it easier to get to the map, we’ll be adding the map to the dropdown menu of WvW maps, allowing you to enter it from anywhere in the game.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Obsidian-Sanctum-space-for-large-battles/first#post3000559

Basically OS will be detached from WvW and will have no impact whatsoever on EB queues. You can even stop thinking of it as something related to WvW at all.

P.S. Oh, I see what you did there, haha. Necroposting ftw
slowpoke.jpg

Team Aggression [TA] – Golden Horde [GH]

(edited by Yaro.3251)