EBJP darkroom with stealth tips

in WvW

Posted by: Spanny.9256

Spanny.9256

Q:

basically what the title is, share your tips for getting through the darkroom in stealth from the fountains in the Obsidian Sanctum Jumping Puzzle please

i do know it’s possible i’ve seen fellow server members do it, and i’m not talking about stealthing with the mad king book on you or that kind of stuff, i mean full-on “advanced darkness” with no lighting.

how do YOU do it? i just get very confused with my surroundings, i have no sense of direction or location and would like a tip or two.

i would just like to be able to stealth through the entire jumping puzzle; it’s mostly a personal goal and a little helpful when there are campers in the puzzle.

if this is the wrong place to post this feel free to move this thread or delete it {:)

in WvW

Posted by: Surbrus.6942

Surbrus.6942

The Mad King book no longer works.

As for how I get through stealthed, you can see vague outlines of the platforms you are standing on. Also, practice makes perfect… you jut have to know it, I don’t think there can really be a tip that replaces practice and familiarizing yourself with the area personally.

Atm I’m rather out of practice, as I haven’t been going through Obsidian Sanctum a whole lot recently. Last time I went through my invis wore off about 20 seconds after I got out of the darkroom, however before I’ve been able to get up through the darkroom and Colosseum with like a minute to spare (even without the Mad King book).

tl;dr: Practice.

in WvW

Posted by: Spanny.9256

Spanny.9256

thanks for the tips, are there any special settings for seeing these “vague outlines?” i can’t seem to see them when im in the dark room. i suppose i’ll have to look harder the next time im in OS if not

in WvW

Posted by: Surbrus.6942

Surbrus.6942

I’m not sure if any settings help see these “vague outlines”, but if you have an idea of where to look, and what you are looking for, you can sort of make out the platforms you want to jump to.

However perhaps if you played around with the graphical settings, there might be some set up that would better highlight the platforms for you.