Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

i just wanted to say that eotm is beautiful

good job developers

EOTM is beautiful

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

I’m sorry I believe you posted this in the wrong sub forum. This is the WvW forum, not the PvE karma train forum.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

EOTM is beautiful

in WvW

Posted by: SpehssMehreen.5897

SpehssMehreen.5897

oh its very beautiful., I hope they make alot more of it, like right now? maybe release one soon?its been several months after all

EOTM is beautiful

in WvW

Posted by: Kanebrake.6192

Kanebrake.6192

Too bad aesthetics can’t compensate for the complete lack of communication and content from Anet regarding wvw.

BG

EOTM is beautiful

in WvW

Posted by: Eggyokeo.9705

Eggyokeo.9705

I have to agree, the map is fantastic it just a pity about the people that use it.

EOTM is beautiful

in WvW

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

I have to agree, the map is fantastic it just a pity about the people that use it.

So you think if you swapped the current users out for a new megaserved bunch like a set of batteries the map would suddenly not incentivize karmatrainining anymore?

Arenadrones will go to any length to justify major flaws with the game I swear.

EOTM is beautiful

in WvW

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

So you think if you swapped the current users out for a new megaserved bunch like a set of batteries the map would suddenly not incentivize karmatrainining anymore?

I didn’t see the failure coming either. Honestly I thought EotM would be the end of imbalanced WvW when I first heard about it. Obviously in hindsight the obvious problems are obvious, but come on, it’s not like they made the map specifically to kitten you off. It doesn’t hurt that NA WvW has drastically evened itself out lately, all the way down to T4.

I’m going on record as saying the next WvW map will be nothing like EotM because I think Anet is capable of learning.

EOTM is beautiful

in WvW

Posted by: BooHud.2681

BooHud.2681

EOTM is indeed beautiful. Thank you everyone on the Anet team and job well done.

EOTM is beautiful

in WvW

BooHud.2681

Oh, and it is so funny when I accidentally get turned into a bunny. very good stuff

EOTM is beautiful

in WvW

BooHud.2681

Fireworks for Anet team on that one. Because everything really is better with fireworks.

EOTM is beautiful

in WvW

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Hopefully Eotm was a test to see how stuff worked out, and they will add more stuff like this to real WvW.

EOTM is beautiful

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Oh yes more pve champions and mobs for uplevels to farm for us pvwers.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

EOTM is beautiful

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

We calling EOTM WvW now?

EOTM is beautiful

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

Please be careful with the sarcasm, Anet might actually believe that people consider eotm to be part of WvW and that the map isn’t a complete waste of time and resources that should have been spent on actual WvW.

LGN

EOTM is beautiful

in WvW

Posted by: DeeSystm.1256

DeeSystm.1256

Fireworks for Anet team on that one. Because everything really is better with fireworks.

Too bad I’d have to leave wwv to celebrate.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fireworks

“I came to play.” me
r4420k+ blazetrain

EOTM is beautiful

in WvW

Posted by: Skady.5916

Skady.5916

Cross server idea was fine, just need to tune it out a bit.

1. Less NPCs, especially champions
2. Less automated siege
3. Less fall damage deaths
4. Population imbalance (dont stack winning/biggest server on green side, make colors truly random)

At this point in a game you can just remove all borderlands and leave EB map for those who want to fight for their server. Make more cross server maps!

A man of knowledge lives by acting, not by thinking about acting.
-Carlos Castaneda
Skady Valda

EOTM is beautiful

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

At this point in a game you can just remove all borderlands and leave EB map for those who want to fight for their server. Make more cross server maps!

Ugh… please create a eotm forum so we can bottle these awful ideas up somewhere.

LGN

EOTM is beautiful

in WvW

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Agreed, it’s vry beautiful.. now if it was as playable as beautiful we might get to enjoy wvw.

Another example of not following the MDA that every developer should.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

EOTM is beautiful

in WvW

Zackie.8923

i also want to say that the misforged weapons are awesome, especially the blades

EOTM is beautiful

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

It’s the mentality of people who champtrain and purposely avoid fights and don’t defend because "capping stuff back is more lootz ".You’re easy to say its not a peoples problem but it really is.Zergs will never dissapear,but the mentality of people on eotm is something that can change,but they don’t want too because they dont want to engage in fights,they only want to run from champ to champ..And the only time they do wanna fight is when their 60+ blob spots 2 lonely roamers where they feel the need to chase them down the entire map to steamroll over them so they can afterwards all jump on the body’s because its probably the first pvp kill 75% of that blob ever made.

EOTM is beautiful

in WvW

Posted by: Grym.4295

Grym.4295

I’m sorry I believe you posted this in the wrong sub forum. This is the WvW forum, not the PvE karma train forum.

We calling EOTM WvW now?

Please be careful with the sarcasm, Anet might actually believe that people consider eotm to be part of WvW and that the map isn’t a complete waste of time and resources that should have been spent on actual WvW.

Redefining WvWvW… Whine versus Whine versus Whine. My aching ears… um… eyes. It’s no wonder Anet doesn’t bother responding.

The slave dreams not of freedom, but of becoming the master.

EOTM is beautiful

in WvW

Zackie.8923

just ignore the people sitting on their high horses

EOTM is beautiful

in WvW

Posted by: borrok.9267

borrok.9267

I think it’s the middle ground for PvE’ers. I like the map, but find it difficult to play with the people that frequent it. A lot of blobbing, very little fighting, almost no defending…

Teef master race

EOTM is beautiful

in WvW

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

I do like the look of the map, but the playstyle is aweful.
Too far to run.
Too many ways to be insta killed off the edge of the map.
Too much reward for NOT fighting one another and karma training.

EOTM is beautiful

in WvW

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Know whats funny. This map kind of reminds me of Skyhammer on PvP because of all the cliffs and ways to knock people off cliff and instant death.

The funny thing is that in pvp a lot of people got hotheaded from that and voiced that they don’t like falling off cliff mechanics of skyhammer.

However, me, I do like like mechanics like that because you don’t see them everyday and its fun.

EOTM is beautiful

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

I rarely see people abusing of the knocking off mechanic in EotM except for your ocasional troll necro.

When “fights” occur, it’s more likely to be open field siege wars, than knockback wars over a cliff/bridge.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

EOTM is beautiful

in WvW

Eggyokeo.9705

I don’t really understand what you said.

but why not just take away or reduce karma and loot incentives.

A least now we have tangible evidence as to why the rewards for WvW should not be increased

EOTM is beautiful

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

I rarely see people abusing of the knocking off mechanic in EotM except for your ocasional troll necro.

When “fights” occur, it’s more likely to be open field siege wars, than knockback wars over a cliff/bridge.

The only time I go into eotm is with characters that need leveling. Knocking people off the edge is my go to move there.

Not going to lie, that is something I will do in real WvW any chance I get. I think it’s hilarious to knock people off cliffs.

LGN

EOTM is beautiful

in WvW

Posted by: madassassin.1604

madassassin.1604

This map pretty much ruined WvW though! Nobody really plays the real WvW maps anymore because you can just grind on this map.

EOTM is beautiful

in WvW

Posted by: crystalpink.2487

crystalpink.2487

Yup, I agree that the map is beautiful yet dangerous as you can die easily there from falling off the map.

However, it’s also a hilarious map to see how many deaths can happen from any of these occasions:
1. Getting feared.
2. Getting knocked back/tossed.
3. Failing the jump/missing the ledge by 1 millimeter when jumping.
4. Failing to stop the auto run promptly due to lag, pressing M to watch the map, typing, or some other distractions.

Oh, and it is so funny when I accidentally get turned into a bunny. very good stuff

Glad to see that I am not the only one enjoying the bunny transformation.
Best bunny transformation in the game.
Better than the transformation from Jackalope tonic since Jackalope bunny has the ugly horns xD

Hopefully, Anet will release a tonic or potion to transform into a pure bunny (a bunny without horns) someday.

Euphemia Hime (Elementalist), Pinky Pearl (Mesmer), Avicenia (Ranger), Vanille Morgana (Necromancer)
Chibi Asura San (Engineer), Hikaru Masai (Guardian), Selene Minerva (Revenant)
Guild: The Bunnies [Bun] ~ Server: Jade Quarry

EOTM is beautiful

in WvW

Eggyokeo.9705

This map pretty much ruined WvW though! Nobody really plays the real WvW maps anymore because you can just grind on this map.

It maybe time for you to change servers my friend, there are plenty of people still playing wvw maps

EOTM is beautiful

in WvW

Posted by: Blanger.3162

Blanger.3162

I agree EotM is a great map, and regardless of Anets intentions of how it was suppose to be used/utilized players will always find the path of least resistance to rewards, I really don’t think anyone at Anet thought EotM would turn out to be what it has become or that their intent was for the map to be a 24/7 karma-train but it happens in all areas be it mob or champ farming in PvE players are gonna find the path of least resistance to easy rewards.

I’ll also say that what happens in EotM is in a lot of cases dependent on the commander at the moment, I’ve been playing EotM waiting for the new season to start and we have had some great battles, some commanders look for fights and others avoid them, some commanders even ask what the zerg wants to do be it k-train, defend, or battle….when you’re leading sheep sometimes you have to give them the direction they need to follow.

EotM has a ton of potential for a whole lot more than 24/7 K-Train but if that’s how the players devour the content that’s all it will ever be.

EOTM is beautiful

in WvW

Posted by: Grym.4295

Grym.4295

….when you’re leading sheep sometimes you have to give them the direction they need to follow.

Funny how the people who don’t play the way you think they should are sheep… but you’re probably convinced you aren’t a cowardly keyboard commando.

The slave dreams not of freedom, but of becoming the master.

EOTM is beautiful

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@OP:

Agreed. It looks good. The problem is that it is horribly balanced and not designed well for WvW. It would be nice in PvE though.

EOTM is beautiful

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Terrible WvW map. Way too busy: just like a blown up version of the failed bloodlust ruins.

EOTM is beautiful

in WvW

Posted by: Blanger.3162

Blanger.3162

….when you’re leading sheep sometimes you have to give them the direction they need to follow.

Funny how the people who don’t play the way you think they should are sheep… but you’re probably convinced you aren’t a cowardly keyboard commando.

LOL…no offense to anyone was intended by my comment about sheep (or to sheep in general), in the zerg mentality is it not a sheep herder leading his flock? maybe it’s a poor analogy if it offended you I do apologize but in the bigger picture I do enjoy being a sheep most of the time myself when playing WvW.

I don’t have (or claim to have) the knowledge or tactical skill to lead but hope one day to progress to the point that I do have the ability, I learn something new from each encounter with the enemy either with my play-style or build and each commander has a different style of leading that helps in gaining tactical training, I have no qualms with anyone with how they play the game but like everyone else I do have an opinion.

EOTM is beautiful

in WvW

Posted by: Reborn.2934

Reborn.2934

people already started guilds only for eotm

EOTM is beautiful

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

people already started guilds only for eotm

Yeah… EU started: Flee to Frostgorge Scrubs [FFS]. I wish NA had a branch tho…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

EOTM is beautiful

in WvW

Posted by: Nate.3927

Nate.3927

I agree EotM is a great map, and regardless of Anets intentions of how it was suppose to be used/utilized players will always find the path of least resistance to rewards, I really don’t think anyone at Anet thought EotM would turn out to be what it has become or that their intent was for the map to be a 24/7 karma-train but it happens in all areas be it mob or champ farming in PvE players are gonna find the path of least resistance to easy rewards.

I’ll also say that what happens in EotM is in a lot of cases dependent on the commander at the moment, I’ve been playing EotM waiting for the new season to start and we have had some great battles, some commanders look for fights and others avoid them, some commanders even ask what the zerg wants to do be it k-train, defend, or battle….when you’re leading sheep sometimes you have to give them the direction they need to follow.

EotM has a ton of potential for a whole lot more than 24/7 K-Train but if that’s how the players devour the content that’s all it will ever be.

I agree, some commanders I’ve followed actually do all 3. They would ktrain the majority of the time, then take detours to wpe out enemy zergs. Either ambushing them as they try to attack one of ours, or using them to break down the third group’s doors/walls before we swoop in, kill them, kill champ then cap. Ktrain is very nice for leveling, but switching priorities from time to time makes it more fun.