ET for tier 9

ET for tier 9

in WvW

Posted by: Coltaine.8701

Coltaine.8701

On Wed, May 29, at 5:43pm MST a new build was implemented for gw2 and all of ET WVW players were redirected to Lion’s Arch.
Here we are.
I vote that ET be put in tier 9…. us against the npc’s! But i’m still apprehensive; the SM Lord will most likely still wipe us ;p

edit: added timezone

Attachments:

(edited by Coltaine.8701)

ET for tier 9

in WvW

Posted by: imagangsta.1349

imagangsta.1349

I gotta agree with this post…its the only way ET will win at WvW. But the thing is you can’t make the npc’s too hard…make em like crimsom moa’s or something.

Crystal Desert Kingswood Brotherhood [KWBH]
Percivel: Guardian, Vayne Silverjaw: Warrior, Varon Aren: Elementalist

ET for tier 9

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Aw I adore the folks on ET. My second account is there. I often go there to hide out when I’m exhausted from tier 2 and you guys never fail to bring a smile to my face. You consistently wipe zergs twice your size, you all have a fabulous attitude, you never give up … I adore you all.

I think everyone should make a second account on your server and help you guys out. I’m looking at you guys in Tier 2/Tier 1. Mhmmm….

L’enfer, c’est les autres

ET for tier 9

in WvW

Posted by: katz.8376

katz.8376

as sad as this is, it also makes me incredibly proud of ET. srsly. how do we even manage to score the points we DO with this few?

we rock. go ET!

Druids of Dhuum [DoD]|Rally Bait [RALY]
~o hai there :D~ LONG LIVE ET

ET for tier 9

in WvW

Posted by: DaG.5103

DaG.5103

ET players, as a Henge of Denravi player who has recently taken part in a few days of kicking you guys around – you guys keep getting back up and kicking back just as hard. Keep the spirit up, because you guys are awesome!

ET for tier 9

in WvW

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

ET manages it because they’ve been in our boat for a while. It’s the whole T8 thing…the frigging Nietzsche Tier.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

ET for tier 9

in WvW

Posted by: SniffyCube.6107

SniffyCube.6107

On Wed, May 29, at 5:43pm MST a new build was implemented for gw2 and all of ET WVW players were redirected to Lion’s Arch.
Here we are.
I vote that ET be put in tier 9…. us against the npc’s! But i’m still apprehensive; the SM Lord will most likely still wipe us ;p

edit: added timezone

Keep fighting the good fight guys… hopefully they open xfers to the server again

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

ET for tier 9

in WvW

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

Next week come to wvw so FC doesn’t have to solo everyone! :p

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

ET for tier 9

in WvW

Posted by: sioux.1653

sioux.1653

So we’re fighting against SF and HOD this time. Does Anet hate ET?

On another note – I’m going to miss the Fergs. We fought against you guys so long I grew to love you. Good luck wherever you land.

Bluebell Jones – Engineers rule
Riva Lea – Wonder Twin Powers, Activate!
Eredon Terrace

ET for tier 9

in WvW

Posted by: atomicjellybean.5389

atomicjellybean.5389

I really do feel bad for you ET, but just got to keep going! And don’t worry FC will be back soon, if they got whooped by us, they’ll get whooped by the bigger tiers

Owner of PHAZE {PHZE}
Commander Atomicjellybean
Henge of Denravi

ET for tier 9

in WvW

Posted by: Parktou.4263

Parktou.4263

Aw I adore the folks on ET. My second account is there. I often go there to hide out when I’m exhausted from tier 2 and you guys never fail to bring a smile to my face. You consistently wipe zergs twice your size, you all have a fabulous attitude, you never give up … I adore you all.

I think everyone should make a second account on your server and help you guys out. I’m looking at you guys in Tier 2/Tier 1. Mhmmm….

I’m insulted by your post, I work very hard to keep up my bad attitude, dagnabit!!! >.<

P.S. the mhmmmm is comin off creepy…..freak.

Shocking Shorty-Asura Tempest | Magnificent Mike-Troll Warrior | Lockpick Louie- Human Daredevil
Fabio Feline- Charr DH | Viktor Virtuoso-Norn Reaper | Pocket Prestige-Asura Chrono
Killer Kasserole-Plant Druid | Frankie Feline-Cat Scrapper | Felix Feline-Charr Herald

ET for tier 9

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I’m insulted by your post, I work very hard to keep up my bad attitude, dagnabit!!! >.<

P.S. the mhmmmm is comin off creepy…..freak.

Bonk. You’re delightful and you know it.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

ET for tier 9

in WvW

Posted by: atomicjellybean.5389

atomicjellybean.5389

as sad as this is, it also makes me incredibly proud of ET. srsly. how do we even manage to score the points we DO with this few?

we rock. go ET!

+135 lookin mighty fine

Owner of PHAZE {PHZE}
Commander Atomicjellybean
Henge of Denravi

ET for tier 9

in WvW

Posted by: Shanks.8793

Shanks.8793

GJ guys! keep it up we miss you already </3

End Ascends [End] GM / Eredon Terrace
Duke Marco – Duke Allycat – Boa Hancuck
– Duchess Cute – Duke Garp – Shiecko.

ET for tier 9

in WvW

Posted by: Saelune.5316

Saelune.5316

So we’re fighting against SF and HOD this time. Does Anet hate ET?

On another note – I’m going to miss the Fergs. We fought against you guys so long I grew to love you. Good luck wherever you land.

I wont lie, FC and ET kinda had a brother’s love going on. Rough housing and what not, but in the end, we shared the same bedroom forever. Now we’re both off to different colleges….and both getting beat up by the Frat houses ;n ;

ET for tier 9

in WvW

Posted by: ArcturusWolf.1205

ArcturusWolf.1205

I’m seriously losing faith in WvW’s balancing with this update, really.

Throwing us with SF and HoD is extremely questionable. Bottom of T8, with top of T8 and a T(6?). We on ET had the short end of the stick for quite a long time now, and they decided to rub salt into our wounds? If they wanted to cycle colours they could just do it inside each tier.

And then comes the issue of excessive rewards on Southsun. It’s draining our (already small) WvW presence to almost nothing. Four days in a row I’ve only been able to find two other people on the map. No talking, nothing. So we were forced to watch helplessly as HoD and SF zergs just rolled over everything we had that was fortified. Several gold down the sink in one sitting.

Is this what they intended for WvW? Just a glorified gold sink that no PvE’r will play since they are too interested in gold and legendaries.

Sylverinia | [TS] TimeShift | Eredon Terrace

ET for tier 9

in WvW

Posted by: Ungood.3054

Ungood.3054

We the Undaunted
Lead by the Rentless
Are doing the Impossible
Against the Overwhelming.
We have done
So much
For so long
We are now Qualified
To Defend Anything
With Nothing.

Every Lifelong Journey Ends With a Gravestone.
Born and Raised in Eredon Terrace

ET for tier 9

in WvW

Posted by: Spica.9308

Spica.9308

ET for life. We enjoy the game as it was meant to be but we also wish for
a more balance match up if possible. <3

ET for tier 9

in WvW

Posted by: Shademehr.1397

Shademehr.1397

Four days in a row I’ve only been able to find two other people on the map. No talking, nothing. So we were forced to watch helplessly as HoD and SF zergs just rolled over everything we had that was fortified.

I can sympathize. Guess how many people where in EB last night defending our keep as SF melted down the water gate? I think it was about 1-2am. Somewhere around there. Reset night.

Guess how many.

(Hint: 3 And I think one of those was AFK)

Oh yeah, we lost the heck out of it.

ET for tier 9

in WvW

Posted by: I Deschain I.4623

I Deschain I.4623

Your account name, OP, makes everything even more awesome… and… and… well, time for some crying.

3rd player NA to reach Diamond Invader (WvW Rank 6445+) on 10/29/14.
Retired.

ET for tier 9

in WvW

Posted by: Roadbull.3457

Roadbull.3457

I’m seriously losing faith in WvW’s balancing with this update, really.

Throwing us with SF and HoD is extremely questionable. Bottom of T8, with top of T8 and a T(6?). We on ET had the short end of the stick for quite a long time now, and they decided to rub salt into our wounds? If they wanted to cycle colours they could just do it inside each tier.

And then comes the issue of excessive rewards on Southsun. It’s draining our (already small) WvW presence to almost nothing. Four days in a row I’ve only been able to find two other people on the map. No talking, nothing. So we were forced to watch helplessly as HoD and SF zergs just rolled over everything we had that was fortified. Several gold down the sink in one sitting.

Is this what they intended for WvW? Just a glorified gold sink that no PvE’r will play since they are too interested in gold and legendaries.

I honestly believe that this is the real problem. I’ve only been playing WvW for maybe 3-4 months. I started playing for 3 reasons:
1. Map completion
2. Something new and different than slapping monsters all day
3. My guild was too small to do dungeons

I found myself playing it more and more, to the point of ignoring PvE entirely! I was awful and first and died so much I lost more money than I gained, but as I got better I suddenly discovered that this fast and dynamic game was not only fun but profitable too!
I was considering getting a commander tag and everything before. However, since the last few patches and about 2-3 weeks of match ups, I have noticed a few things…

1. My map completion is still not done and likely won’t happen for months because of match ups that make getting that last poi/vista impossible and the color switching refusing to give me green.
2. It just isn’t that profitable for me, anymore. The siege updates have slowed the game pace down significantly. What used to be a game with constant movement, action, and reward now seems to be more of a game of bang ones head against a wall of arrow carts where the only reasonable choice is to hang back with a treb since any other faster option means certain death.

There needs to be incentive for us to play, and I’m running out of reasons to care. It doesn’t help that ET keeps losing guild after guild while others keep gaining further enhancing the problem.

Crystal Desert (RIP ET) – FoC Guild Leader

ET for tier 9

in WvW

Posted by: Hadan.2841

Hadan.2841

If ET didnt have such ego problems and the people listened to commanders maybe guilds would stick around. The community of ET fights with eachother and calls eachother out all the time in team chat. Why would you expect ppl to stick around a place like tht?

Leader/Driver of Krew/MR

ET for tier 9

in WvW

Posted by: Roadbull.3457

Roadbull.3457

If ET didnt have such ego problems and the people listened to commanders maybe guilds would stick around. The community of ET fights with eachother and calls eachother out all the time in team chat. Why would you expect ppl to stick around a place like tht?

That’s a good question, and I honestly don’t know. Though I do wonder, why should 1-2 trolls cost the entire server an opportunity at a fun game mode? Cedrick never seems to have issues with trolls often, and if he does, he ignores them. Maybe that’s why so many respect him and listen to him.

It’s natural for people to lash out at the leadership if they’re frustrated, because they’re the easiest people to blame. I saw what happened that one night to Gilkin, and that person was a total jerk. Gilkin was doing AMAZING, but one person just wouldn’t shut up. It was sad when that one person ruined a good night under Gilkin’s leadership.

Crystal Desert (RIP ET) – FoC Guild Leader

ET for tier 9

in WvW

Posted by: Coltaine.8701

Coltaine.8701

ET has trolls? Not me! I added all of them to my Blocked list in my contact list… it blocks their map chat. My ET map chat is nice and free

ET for tier 9

in WvW

Posted by: Hamham.7504

Hamham.7504

We have a troll on FoW too, what a funny coincidence haha. Even though I have him blocked people always take his bait. Almost have to turn the chat off some nights.

Just how banana am I.

ET for tier 9

in WvW

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

I moved to ET a few weeks back from HoD.

ET has the fewest trolls, I have not actually seen one yet in WvW and I WvW alot. In PvE it has the most helpful people I have seen on any server.

The ET trolls commanders statement is a bull, never seen it happen, its nothing more then something the bandwagon jumpers like to think to feel better about themselves.

Here is the real issue ET has really small numbers, so they lose. The trolls are YOU, I have seen it first hand the ET people that moved to HoD smack talk in /map while hiding in towers with greater numbers then ET never coming out. Oh they claimed they left ET because of bad players and trolls, but I seen the truth these types just wanted to be on the top T8 server with much better numbers so moved to HoD.

I’m going to call it how I see it when some ex-ET/ex-WvW person talks smack about ET.

The players are fine and helpful you just don’t like losing, time to take a look in the mirror is it really the ET players that are trolls or are you just the type that cant handle losing so makes up a millions excuses and blames everyone else.

Play the game how you want, if you want to move/already have moved thats cool, there is no reason to badmouth ETs vastly outnumbered WvW population.

That said ET pugs can be a little hesitant to attack at time, but trolls they are not its the best bunch of people I have seen on a server. /shrug

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

(edited by Xom.9264)

ET for tier 9

in WvW

Posted by: Kaamau.5341

Kaamau.5341

a little hesitant?

If they pushed they could have kill us.

Fort Aspenwood
PRAISE GEESUS

ET for tier 9

in WvW

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

a little hesitant?

If they pushed they could have kill us.

We have done the same to both FC and HoD zergs everyone thats played WvW a good amount of time has done the same vs pug zergs.

Im not really here to defend the ‘skill’ of ET. I’m calling out the former ET folks trolling ET, they constantly troll ET because deep down they cant stand the idea of some ET still fighting despite terrible odds when they cut and run. That is why almost every week HoD has a former ET person/guild repeat the same old thing “ET is trolls thats why I left not because of losing”

After almost a month of constant WvW on ET always vastly outnumbered I have yet to see a troll.

Lots of people left ET for many good reason, because of trolls is a bullkitten one thats not true.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

ET for tier 9

in WvW

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

I loved the community on ET. People are friendly and helpful. People guest in and call LA a ghost town. It’s not a ghost town. It’s a small town community. Everybody knows everybody else and you always run into them. It’s not something you find on most servers. (PS: Trolls are on every server. I doubt ET has the majority.)

That said, the most fun I had was WvW and it is hard to play with the smallest WvW population and probably the most inexperienced WvW population. People are leaving because they want to have fun in WvW. If a troll could drive me away from ET, I would’ve left 6 months ago. <waves at Ajax>

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

ET for tier 9

in WvW

Posted by: Grommet.2963

Grommet.2963

True belle, but even if its a harder fight than most servers, it doesn’t mean its not fun! and if people keep leaving the server will never grow! When free transfers opened up, it was a chance for us to grow, instead some people took it as a chance to move to a slightly less lower tier low pop server, kinda defeats the purpose (way to mess that one up anet!). Even outmanned, I wouldn’t call us the “most inexperienced” server at all, especially considering the numbers and how hard we fight, but I can understand some people burning out and trying to find a way to re-motivate themselves (doesn’t mean I gotta like it though, come back ya big jerks xD). Maybe anet does need to do something, but I’d rather keep fighting a hard fight with the friends I have here rather than leave them for an easier fight.

ET will keep on keeping on like we always do, maybe someday a big guild will transfer here and actually stay rather than recruit and leave with ET members! I’m terribly hungover from last night, but tomorrow I should be staying in and gettin plenty of game time in, I’ll see all you ET players then, I’ll bring the omnom trays .

Cedrick Klom – GM of Pirate Knights
Eradon Terrace
CHIVALRY TIMBERS

ET for tier 9

in WvW

Posted by: katz.8376

katz.8376

dangit Ced! quit partying on reset night! XD

but anyway.. yeah. there’s not much trolling currently. i’ve seen some, but... really... not at much. and few that i’ve seen while trying to command i try to ignore. if they really get on my nerves i usually respond "if you aren’t part of the solution you’re part of the problem. so pony up, or shut up." and they usually opt for the latter.

Druids of Dhuum [DoD]|Rally Bait [RALY]
~o hai there :D~ LONG LIVE ET

ET for tier 9

in WvW

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

geez what happened to you guys since GoM went back up to tier 7.

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

ET for tier 9

in WvW

Posted by: Drein.3271

Drein.3271

I do believe there’s a problem with population with et. And sadly if this keeps going its just gonna get worse with old player leaving et. And i surely dont blame them as losing wvw that is caused by sheer difference in number isn’t fun at all.

And i dont get how ET is a very high population server ( and im not talking about wvw only, since even claw of jormag event in prime time only brings about 5 person sometimes) . Do they count inactive players as well?
Maybe there should be an event for free transfer to 2 of the lowest tier server to bring some life into it
I hope anet can do something to balance it out

Dreisner – commander thief, Venalis Dreis – Warrior
[CM] [SOL]
Eredon Terrace

ET for tier 9

in WvW

Posted by: Ungood.3054

Ungood.3054

geez what happened to you guys since GoM went back up to tier 7.

We had pretty much all our main WvW guilds move to other servers. Really. we were barely holding last place on T8, and lets be real, with the new random match up idea they had, it was not going to even things out for ET, it was just going to give us a greater potential to face higher tier servers, and thus just get over run even more.

In the end, as others may have joked. but the truth is, ET simply does not, and it pretty much never really did have, a solid focused WvW population.

Any guild that is looking to grow or become accomplished on ET is PvE focused, and in that front, we do get people moving to ET because we have an active PvE base of people. Case in point, we were running loot circles in Southsun on reset night with several commanders and a larger zerg of players then we ever saw in WvW.

But since you do not need to transfer to enjoy the PvE events on a server, people guest to ET and enjoy our active PvE player base. But the WvW population dwindles.

Really, I don’t blame anyone, as a single person, even 5 people are not going to make an impact when the match up is so lop sided, the reality is, our opponents can almost cap queue or might even have a queue on some nights, and we are struggling to get 10 people on the field. This is not a dis, or a jab, but the reality of the situation. Our opponents are not bad people, and we are not hero’s. We are just have a low WvW population.

Really, I said before, and I’ll say it again. Server vs Server was not a good idea, they should have made wvw into a Guild vs Guild type of deal, like the name “Guild Wars” implies.

Every Lifelong Journey Ends With a Gravestone.
Born and Raised in Eredon Terrace

(edited by Ungood.3054)

ET for tier 9

in WvW

Posted by: MidnightCorutin.7084

MidnightCorutin.7084

ET will be revived. My guild plan to temporarily leave Eredon to join another server and recruit people into our guild. Once we hit the numbers we need. We’ll be bringing the server to life with active players personally trained by us.

ET for tier 9

in WvW

Posted by: Parktou.4263

Parktou.4263

It’s really not that bad for us here on ET, if you guys were to check out the EU matchup this week you would see that vabbi and fissure of woe are getting absolutely decimated…I think vabbi is still under 20k for the week and fissure isn’t much more than that….besides I actually don’t mind this new revolving door of matchups, it gives me new lootbags to kill each week ;D Don’t recruit anymore people to ET it didn’t work last time and it wont work this time either. I’d rather be completely outmanned like vabbi and fissure so the devs might actually have to do something about this unfortunate failure of a balance.

@Drein I would be willing to bet that they way they count a server’s population is relative to how many accounts are on that server, which probably means that our server population numbers are filled with dead numbers(accounts that don’t log on and the like) because ET is a ghost town every time I’m on, even in LA. I’ve guested to other servers and if I don’t end up in the LA queue, I’ll end up in a sea of people :/ I don’t understand how we can be a “very high pop server”…..from the things I see, its got to be false.

Shocking Shorty-Asura Tempest | Magnificent Mike-Troll Warrior | Lockpick Louie- Human Daredevil
Fabio Feline- Charr DH | Viktor Virtuoso-Norn Reaper | Pocket Prestige-Asura Chrono
Killer Kasserole-Plant Druid | Frankie Feline-Cat Scrapper | Felix Feline-Charr Herald

ET for tier 9

in WvW

Posted by: Rednaxela.9476

Rednaxela.9476

We are going through a lull, we have had them before and I dare say they shall come again down the road.

We must continue to stay strong, promote our positive & close knit community and support our vigilant leaders.

Some of the Eredon Guilds are putting together Guild vs Guild tourneys ATM, since [Sanctum of Legends] were lucky enough to end up with a private arena.

Nietzschens – 80 Warr / Siri Golightly – 80 Ele / Siri Rhaegar – 80 Guardian
[SOL] Sanctum of Legends; ‘The Forgotten’ ~Eredon 4 Life~