EU Guild moving to US Server - looking to take other guilds with us

in WvW

Posted by: Inuko.1452

Inuko.1452

Hi.

We’re an EU guild who are considering a move to Fort Aspenwood (the US server) to provide a tactical presence in their WvW during non-NA prime time.

In short, we’re 150 strong – whilst that can make a difference we are looking for other EU/Oceanic guilds that are considering a similar move OR members to join us in this quest.

So if you are:

-A guild leader/officer who is already considering this
-One of the above who would propose this to your guild
OR
-An EU player who is interested in joining The Asgards[Asg] to assist us in providing this night shift.

WE NEED YOU!

Would welcome (educated) opinions and ideas below and will happily respond to PMs or replies here should you be interested.

As a brief rundown I’ve moved across as a “scouting party” and have been in contact with guild leaders from the NA prime time active WvW guilds. So far the response has been encouraging and the WvW scores are reflective of the servers dedication to a coordinated effort. The map paints an amazing picture during prime-time however as they openly admit they have a limited non-NA prime time presence. In my opinion this server has everything it takes to go up a couple of tiers IF they get the right level of support in these times.

Remember a coward dies a thousand death whilst a warrior dies just one!

Inuko

in WvW

Posted by: Cloud.7613

Cloud.7613

Oh neat, another super server, how lovely. Good luck anyway. ^-^

in WvW

Inuko.1452

Oh neat, another super server, how lovely. Good luck anyway. ^-^

Thanks! We’ll see how it goes. I think that whilst I agree with your “super-server” sentiment it’s now a case of if you can’t beat them…join them or better yet CREATE THEM =D

in WvW

Posted by: Aytrix.4059

Aytrix.4059

This is awesome news. FA core guilds are awesome and definitely compete with the best. As soon as the gaps in coverage are filled we will compete at a very competitive level. Good luck with the move and can’t wait to see you guys in battle.

in WvW

Posted by: MagnusLL.8473

MagnusLL.8473

Thanks! We’ll see how it goes. I think that whilst I agree with your “super-server” sentiment it’s now a case of if you can’t beat them…join them or better yet CREATE THEM =D

This is the only rational solution to the messed-up scoring system. We need more servers with 24/7 coverage, not less. It’s the only way the system can work.

It also makes for strong servers with short queues which everyone ought to appreciate…

in WvW

Posted by: Haldunius.7864

Haldunius.7864

You guys are going to find great company in FA. The NA prime-time guilds are some of the best and there is only a little “off-hour” presence (being NA-centric here for simplicity’s sake) so this should be an excellent synergy.

FA Mesmo – [VK]
Last words – “I’m going to jump off this cliff
and pull all those guys down cuz they’ll die.”

in WvW

Posted by: Subtle.4596

Subtle.4596

I am currently in a match up AGAINST Fort Aspen – if FA gets these kind of numbers active off peak USTZ you will for sure see them move up a few spots in the ranking. USprime is a strong team…

Subtle/Not Subtle
80Thief/80Guard
Yaksbend Commander

in WvW

Posted by: Sabiz.2671

Sabiz.2671

Good to see another group of EU players is moving to Fort Aspenwood.

The guild I am in decided 2 days ago to transfer aswell, but not everyone will come with us. Nevertheless we will be able to bring another 30-40 hardcore members for the cause. We are only interested in wvw

Hope to see you on the battlefield.

//Sabisz
LLAC

(edited by Sabiz.2671)

in WvW

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

[Edit: Edited out Quote of deleted Post]

This isn’t about rank, it’s about having good competitive matches. FA has a strong primetime team that except for the Friday reset always logs in to see the map being another color with many things upgraded. It’s discouraging for many on a server to fight such an uphill battle where your efforts won’t affect much.

As we are now, FA has no rivals to really go back and forth with. Since our NA team is strong enough that FA will never fall down to tiers where the other servers also have no off peak presence, the only way to have good matches is to recruit and go up. The people moving to FA won’t be fighting doors if that happens. They will be fighting other players from their time zones that the opposing servers recruited.

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

I would like to make a case for Sanctum of Rall. We are always ahead in US prime time and our Oceanics are also very good. The only thing missing is a strong EU presence.

Of course, the server may be full now.

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

(edited by Tyaen.5148)

in WvW

Posted by: Zintair.1987

Zintair.1987

We from ISA support this! Thanks again guys look forward to seeing you out there late night EST

[ISA] – Commander
80 Necromancer – Zintair

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.5024

Chris.5024

If you guys need anything at all BT is willing to help in any way possible!

Malose
Black Talons Gaming [BT]
Maguuma

in WvW

Inuko.1452

Thanks for the encouraging response so far guys! Have been contacted by a surprising number of EU players from various servers who are looking to take up the cause and join us as well so a really positive evening! Will be online for most of tomorrow as I’m on leave so feel free to drop me a message should anyone else be interested!

in WvW

Posted by: Munki.9452

Munki.9452

I find it funny, it seems most servers accuse people of hopping to the winning server in a matchup, but here on Yaks Bend it always seems our opponents get the large influx of transfers mid match…

Will be interesting to see how this affects the matchup this week!

in WvW

Posted by: Altie.4571

Altie.4571

You should go to CD.

They already have an Oceanic presence. The NA time is decent. The move would push it up to t2 and after that its just a little bit of NA presence to stay there / move up.

When scientists discover the center of the universe,
a lot of people will be disappointed they are not it.

in WvW

Posted by: Altie.4571

Altie.4571

I find it funny, it seems most servers accuse people of hopping to the winning server in a matchup, but here on Yaks Bend it always seems our opponents get the large influx of transfers mid match…

The match we had last week, CD – YB – FA was pretty comical at times.

We all had different presence times. CD lost some NA prime time guilds a few weeks back and has been trying to recover since (those dark SoS and SoR skippers!). But overall to be T1 or T2 consistently you need every section, NA, EU and Asia. We’re the perfect example of got 1 not gonna get the other 2.

When scientists discover the center of the universe,
a lot of people will be disappointed they are not it.

in WvW

Posted by: Cybertx.6714

Cybertx.6714

Is probably going to hurt YB a lot since yaks has only one EU guild that pvps.

in WvW

Posted by: Severim.7938

Severim.7938

Hi.

We’re an EU guild who are considering a move to Fort Aspenwood (the US server) to provide a tactical presence in their WvW during non-NA prime time.

In short, we’re 150 strong – whilst that can make a difference we are looking for other EU/Oceanic guilds that are considering a similar move OR members to join us in this quest.

[snip]

Inuko

I hereby welcome with open arms any and all competition, no matter what server, no matter what timezone. I will not visit forums again before my morning coffee.

Yak’s Bend – Bellenisa (Ele), Bellesina (Thief)

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

hmm @ severim Your post is ridiculous the best servers have 24/7 coverage and the EU server he was on dident … think before talking trash , good look OP

[WM]give us in game ladder

in WvW

Posted by: Redundancy.7325

Redundancy.7325

good for you

If there was going to be this heavy focus on equal 24/7 scoring, there should have never been a split between regional servers in the first place.

in WvW

Haldunius.7864

Hi.

[snip]

Inuko

So you’ve failed at being successful on the EU tier, so you’re going somewhere where the competition is easier. To be honest, this is the same type of guild that will give up and switch servers again in the future when the going gets tough. Fort Aspenwood, don’t put too much faith in these proven quitters.

By the way, nice quote at the end there. Was it meant to be ironic?

Glad to see Yak’s players showing their true colors. Uninformed declarations augmented with a fine whine. Keep it classy. FA has almost no overnight coverage right now. I see your server is benefiting from that greatly so I understand your fear of healthy competition.

FA Mesmo – [VK]

in WvW

Inuko.1452

@Severim

To give an honest account as to why we are looking to move I’d need more time however it boils simply down to being a server stuck in limbo. We are good enough during prime time (if a little dis-organised with a general disquiet among the ranks throughout the server due to inter-guild politics being played poorly) but lack off-peak coverage. As such we find ourselves jumping between tiers where we can’t compete with the greater coverage of the tier above and wipe the floor with the tier below. Subsequently we are looking for a fair fight – somewhere that presents challenges whilst not being a lost cause. We picked Fort Aspenwood for that exact reason.

Throughout my time looking at the US servers I have been massively impressed at the professionalism of the guilds, and most of all the “Esprit de corps” between rivals – genuinely reveling in and respecting your opponents strengths. Until now YB has been excellently represented by it’s members in this thread and others – you sadly have just put a stain on that record and shamed your comrades.

Good move…

in WvW

Posted by: rhonyn.6810

rhonyn.6810

This is the only rational solution to the messed-up scoring system. We need more servers with 24/7 coverage, not less. It’s the only way the system can work.

It also makes for strong servers with short queues which everyone ought to appreciate…

^agree.

@OP – Welcome aboard and hope you find what you are looking for.

in WvW

Cybertx.6714

Hi.

[snip]

Inuko

So you’ve failed at being successful on the EU tier, so you’re going somewhere where the competition is easier. To be honest, this is the same type of guild that will give up and switch servers again in the future when the going gets tough. Fort Aspenwood, don’t put too much faith in these proven quitters.

By the way, nice quote at the end there. Was it meant to be ironic?

Glad to see Yak’s players showing their true colors. Uninformed declarations augmented with a fine whine. Keep it classy. FA has almost no overnight coverage right now. I see your server is benefiting from that greatly so I understand your fear of healthy competition.

How would a EU guild help with the overnight issue, Prime time EU is early afternoon NA.

in WvW

Inuko.1452

@Cybertx – A good point well made, we aim to increase general coverage but admitidly Oceanic guilds and those in Asia will be required for 24/7 coverage. We are but part of the answer… not a complete cure =D

in WvW

Haldunius.7864

@ Cyber: Fair enough – little “off peak” presence. That’s less time that nightcapped towers can sit around accruing points without challenge. I don’t understand why people are turning this into such a drama. Coverage is a known and accepted requirement for T3+. More servers with better coverage is only better for WvW as a whole.

FA Mesmo – [VK]

in WvW

Posted by: Severim.7938

Severim.7938

@Severim

To give an honest account as to why we are looking to move I’d need more time however it boils simply down to being a server stuck in limbo. We are good enough during prime time (if a little dis-organised with a general disquiet among the ranks throughout the server due to inter-guild politics being played poorly) but lack off-peak coverage. As such we find ourselves jumping between tiers where we can’t compete with the greater coverage of the tier above and wipe the floor with the tier below. Subsequently we are looking for a fair fight – somewhere that presents challenges whilst not being a lost cause. We picked Fort Aspenwood for that exact reason.

Throughout my time looking at the US servers I have been massively impressed at the professionalism of the guilds, and most of all the “Esprit de corps” between rivals – genuinely reveling in and respecting your opponents strengths. Until now YB has been excellently represented by it’s members in this thread and others – you sadly have just put a stain on that record and shamed your comrades.

Good move…

Oh well. I guess there was a knee-jerk reaction on my part. If you’re moving with good intentions, so be it. We’ve just seen that many server hopping guilds of late that I’d kinda hoped it’d slowed down.

Yak’s Bend – Bellenisa (Ele), Bellesina (Thief)

in WvW

Inuko.1452

No drama – I’m with you that server transfers were a nightmare of late. Which is why we’re looking at a complete change of role as opposed to moving to pitch our tents with the winners.

Fully understand ongoing frustrations with WvWvW set up – though have little technical/game design know how so can’t present a fix. However increasingly mixed servers seems like a solid community answer to a design-based issue in the game.

in WvW

Posted by: IRSyKo.5843

IRSyKo.5843

Sent you a PM Inuko!

Through discipline, we prevail.
[BT]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Ireniicus.2167

Ireniicus.2167

Have fun on FA. They are a solid lot and have out up a decent fight even after taking hard knocks at the weekend.

Of course you could come over to Yaks Bend. We have alot of mature , experienced, organised never say die players with good NA and Oceanic coverage. If we can supplement that with European guilds who will put up a similar fight we would make it to the top tier.

If not, enjoy FA and look forward to meeting you on the battlefield!

in WvW

Posted by: wombat.6123

wombat.6123

Welcome on board guys! It’s going to be nice having a few more people bridging the gap between prime time and Oceanic time.

I saw our team briefly take SMC last night (Oceanic time) for the first time this match. We assumed it was you guys testing the water, if so good job!

Wombling Wombat
FA – Protectorate of Aspenwood [PRO]

in WvW

Posted by: Razak.3875

Razak.3875

Thank you!!!!

- Lara Amarthic
Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Enenion.8127

Enenion.8127

As someone who runs a small time guild with my friends on FA, welcome to the server. It’s a lot of fun and I hope you’ll enjoy the stay.

[Help],
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Mada.5319

Mada.5319

How would a EU guild help with the overnight issue, Prime time EU is early afternoon NA.

From the looks of it, a 70+ man Japanese guild joined FA recently aswell. Lovely to have them onboard and let’s get some more peeps to support them!

Glad to have you guys here [Asg]

in WvW

Inuko.1452

Thanks for the continued support guys. A big thank you to the personal touches added by BT, PTX, EE and FF and ISA and RK (I’m sure there are some I’m missing so apologies in advance).

EU Guilds – speak up now – a unified strike at this would make a marked difference and be tactically more sound than a trickle!

in WvW

Posted by: shunobee.6907

shunobee.6907

FA is a fine server and I think you guys will have fun there. Even though we’re matched against them atm, it’s been a lot of fun.

[mend] – Eredon Terrace

in WvW

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

RK oo ? Guild name ? lol

[WM]give us in game ladder

in WvW

Posted by: TurtleMuncher.9750

TurtleMuncher.9750

Good luck , TC is the king of t3 atm and with a night presence i think FA can challenge that.

MERC

in WvW

Inuko.1452

RK oo ? Guild name ? lol

Was you and your’s buddy

in WvW

Inuko.1452

FA is a fine server and I think you guys will have fun there. Even though we’re matched against them atm, it’s been a lot of fun.

This is exactly the attitude that is luring us towards this tier and US Servers. I hope to see you on the battlefield =D

in WvW

Posted by: Wothan.4673

Wothan.4673

If you moving on EU serv, you can have very fun time like tonight !.. and build may ram pending you wait you some foe …

©Cafeïne for the pic

Attachments:

Nahtow – [SR] Soul Reapers
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Inuko.1452

Big thanks to GODS, ECHO and Wolf (there are some caps meant to be in there somewhere) for their ongoing support and making me very welcome. Look forward to working with everybody on this massively diverse server!

EU Guilds – you must be seeing this? Anyone tempted to take the plunge with us?

in WvW

Posted by: dmbucs.1367

dmbucs.1367

Big welcome to FA and look forward to working with The Asgards in the future.

Mandrake
<PINK>Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Inuko.1452

Got word from another EU guild just now that are going to bring up a potential move across with us in their guild meeting this weekend =D

in WvW

Inuko.1452

I only just spotted the change of post by the moderator above – genius!!! Made me chuckle right into my afternoon tea

in WvW

Posted by: rhyein.6172

rhyein.6172

I don’t mind an EU guild moving to an NA server or vice versa, and certainly FA could use you guys. However, trying to get as many EU guilds to go with you at the same time is only going to screw up the ladders yet again for the tier that FA is in and the tier above it.

in WvW

Posted by: Sunshine.3452

Sunshine.3452

not to mention the server they are from, kinda funny they never mentioned their guildname or the server they left

Mesmer/Thief – PiNK – Garnished Toast Butterlands
T.O.A.S.T. The Organsiation Against Server Transfers

in WvW

Cybertx.6714

They are an Italian guild that transferred to white side if my friend is correct

in WvW

Inuko.1452

Close. We’re a mixed EU guild (almost every EU country is represented!) and have members from Canada, Israel, and S.Africa too. We’re not looking at taking as many as possible – merely a night shift that can coordinate an effective defense of the territory taken during prime time.

We’re The Asgards [Asg] as mentioned in the first post. We are currently in Whiteside so your friend was half-correct.

in WvW

Posted by: rhonyn.6810

rhonyn.6810

I don’t mind an EU guild moving to an NA server or vice versa, and certainly FA could use you guys. However, trying to get as many EU guilds to go with you at the same time is only going to screw up the ladders yet again for the tier that FA is in and the tier above it.

We’ve alternated between winning or losing by 100-300k the last 3 weeks….we aren’t really seeing “competitive scoring” matches in the mid tiers……yet. Population trumps all, and for whatever reason (xfers, luck of the draw etc) there appears to be relatively few NA servers that have comparable population dynamics. Its further complicated as small deltas in off-peak pops can have dramatic scoring implications with the current game/scoring mechanics, so I’m not sure we’ll ever see “competitive scoring” matches outside the top and bottom bracket or two consistently….and a server can’t really consciously decide to go down to the bottom tier, so the only option is to get coverage and move up*. I do agree that “piling on” is bad, and usually leads to flame outs…so measured improvement to a number of servers is the best outcome.

(* ignoring fun can be had regardless of score/tier etc….just referring to “scoring”)